Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m surprised at how awful their rb has looked, he looked pretty solid last season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've started and stopped writing this like four times but the organisation is hosed from top to bottom.

You've got an idiot owner who not only likes to meddle but gives too much power to his wife. Your ability to take cock from a billionaire doesn't make you qualified to evaluate NFL talent and i dont care how much he feels like shes a good judge of character, the owners wife shouldn't have a say in how the NFL team is run, who plays for it or who coaches it.

Fitterer can't draft talent or sign free agent talent anywhere near well enough.

The team isn't being coached in a way that makes sense and the scheme is off and it shows and there's massive mental errors that speak to an overall issue in the organisation.

None of this is on Bryce but it's going to contribute on game day and I don't quite know what the path forward is.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think we're going to be denied young/bagent tnf showdown

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Doltos posted:

Stroud and Bryce are different QBs. Bryce was drafted for and will hopefully be used in a short yardage WCO that requires precision and anticipation. He's good at that in the NFL. His team is hot garbage fire and doesn't have the personnel to make him excel. Stroud is doing great but his team is also way better than people were giving them credit for in preseason. Nico Collins and Donovan People-Jones are both good pros that were held back in college by Shea Patterson so no one rates them on either of their teams. Tank Dell is playing great. They have a top 10 offensive line right now somehow despite half of them being injured. Way better coaching too. Stands to reason one of them is going to be playing better than the other. Hell Bryce wasn't even getting this much poo poo until week 8 which is pretty good for a rookie QB.

DPJ is on the Lions now, formerly Browns. I assume you mean Noah Brown

Also genuine question, why wouldn’t a short accurate dude be good in a Shanahan system? Isn’t it all timing based?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I’m surprised at how awful their rb has looked, he looked pretty solid last season

Are you talking about the panthers?

Deonte Foremon didn’t resign and went to Chicago. Debate about whether the panthers lowballed him or if he wanted too much money. Regardless almost any panther fan will tell you they wish he was back.

Chuba Howard is….fine? He’s an acceptable one cut guy. He was technically the starter last year after the Cmc trade but obviously foreman was the work horse. He’s played okay or late, certainly better than….

Miles Sanders was the “big free agent” signing and he is god drat trash.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

donovan peoples-jones was brought up to bolster the point about Nico Collins' college QB Shea Patterson

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Cavauro posted:

donovan peoples-jones was brought up to bolster the point about Nico Collins' college QB Shea Patterson

Oh word, misread that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i almost made a post about peoples-jones team also. mine was out of malice. i hate daltos and want him to look like the biggest fool out there

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Cavauro posted:

i almost made a post about peoples-jones team also. mine was out of malice. i hate daltos and want him to look like the biggest fool out there

Most of TFF has good news for you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's hard being constantly right.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

You're wrong

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Doltos posted:

It's hard being constantly right.

What's it like for you though

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bryce Young / panthers / Reich:

Firstly - Bryce Young did not play well yesterday - Fiz was right in his assessment. Young's footwork didn't look great and he seemed to have the yips he didn't have the week prior. Both of the interceptions, that meant anything in the context of the game, came on off platform throws where he missed passes he normally makes. I'm not going to handwave them away because it did cost us the game, but overall - he's not really made those kind of dumb errors in the past and I don't think they're necessarily predictive of future performance. That being said - players tend to take on the personality of their team's coach and basically the Panthers loving stink from top to bottom right now. As a result - I have no idea what the path forward is but I'm kind of doubting there is one at this point - at least in the short term.

Leading from the front you've got the owner who came across from the Steelers - traditionally one of the smartest run organisations (despite obvious issues like employing a rapist for 15 years, refusing to fire an offensive coordinator who sucks and just generally being filled with grubby cheap shot artists for the last decade) in the NFL to Carolina. It seems that at least in part he came over with the intention of putting every idea he ever raised at an ownership meeting and got "lol no"'d into practice and the results have been loving dire.

Considering that the sexual harassing groper in charge was forced to sell the team after making the playoffs in 2015 and 2016 and having a legitimate shot (twice) at winning a super bowl in his tenure and since he left, the team hasn't come close to sniffing the playoffs it's close to impossible to consider the sale of the team a success.

-

In the offseason I spoke about the Panthers being a good landing spot for a rookie Qb. Toward the back end of 2022 the Panthers switched to a more power style running game. McAdoo for all his faults was smart enough to recognise that the arm of PJ Walker or the brain of Sam Darnold was not going to get the team very far and basically handed the keys of the offensive unit to the recently rebuilt offensive line and D'Onte Foreman. As part of handing over the offense to the recently promoted lead back (after the CMC trade) he also implemented a simplified offense for Sam Darnold, to the point where some games it seemed like the philosophy was:
1. throw to DJ Moore
2. check down to a safety valve
3. scramble for a few

and for the most part the Panthers under Wilks got back on track. We had done the impossible, making an incompetent team seem competent and like it actually could compete for a division title (in the NFC:S such great heights, I know). We all knew change to the coaching staff was coming, but the bones of the team were there and the lessons learned over the past few years would surely hold some sway in the way the team would move forward.

The offense featured a running back who was effective at doing running back things, a pair of offensive guards who had found their feet, a bit of a cult hero at centre, a young left tackle that after a decade of searching had proven to be dependable and effective in a man to man scheme and a shiny bonafide WR1. In hindsight - it made some sense that the GM Scott Fitterer didn't trade Brian Burns for 2 first round picks to the Rams, he was going to sign an extension in the offseason and everything would be fine. Defensively we had a backfield that featured a former first round pick in the slot, a lockdown number one and contributors at safety and linebacker. The team lacked some steel, lacked some depth but there was enough talent in the roster to turn some losses into wins and make a run in a weak division.

Then the team hired Frank Reich. At first I thought the hire was a sound one. You were getting a HC with some super bowl pedigree due to his time in Philly, someone who had learned some harsh lessons with managing quarterbacks and dealing with ownership, he had dialled up an effective running game, he'd lived through the bad days rotating QBs and unearthing gems on a rebuilding roster- surely he'd have learned from his mistakes. The defense was to be mentored by one of the better coordinators in the league who simply wanted to forget the craziness of Denver. Two mentored with decades of experience were brought in to contribute on the offense and the defense. A Shanavay disciple at just 37 was coming in at OC and the best offensive position coach the team had - Dave Campen on the offensive line miraculously survived the night of the Tepperknives to keep his post.

Now if you were in this situation and you were going to draft a new quarterback and take the big swing (which I fully support) you would surely keep playing to the team's strengths. It doesn't take a genius to learn from the mistakes of the past made in the same building you now occupy. You would keep a run heavy game plan, you'd ensure you could staff that game plan with a running back who's proven in his abilities to work with a young Qb and run downhill in a power scheme. You'd do everything you can to keep that number one receiver, or you'd at least have a plan to replace him, you'd ensure that the rookie was given protection, support, targets and tailor an offense to his strengths... right?

Frank Reich and Fitterer basically changed all of that. The running back they should have kept they allowed to walk - to a very crowded Chicago backfield - on not very much money. They took the free agents and draft picks they'd spent millions in cap and no small amount of picks on acquiring at offensive line and completely changed the blocking and protection scheme. They shipped off the number one receiver and replaced him with a 33 year old who would have struggled to be the 4th receiver on the team he left. Then in lieu of play action, roll outs, bootlegs, things you do to get a guy into his timing, keep him safe physically they dialed up a static, unimaginative, unoriginal 20 year old offense and asked him to throw 40 times a game.

All of this is basically to say that the Panthers simply aren't deploying their resources properly. Some dumb stats to back up my point: Carolina currently has the 9th most passing attempts in the NFL.

They are 25th in rushing attempts but if you take away Bryce's "I'll do it myself" moments and subtract his scrambling its actually 30th in designed runs. 30th

This is a team that spent the last two offseasons bringing in assets and players who are suited to a man to man, down hill dominant rushing attack with an outside wide receiver who can blow the top off a defense and turn a slant into a touchdown into something resembling an offensive unit that would have barely worked in 2003. It's loving insane. On the surface the platform was right loving there to get this right and they haven't.

You've got an owner who defers to his wife on matters of hiring coaches, drafting players and signing general managers, who was happy to trade away his two best offensive players in the dreams it would get him the Steph Curry of QBs. A guy who's learned loving nothing from the people he was in the room with for close to a decade in Pittsburgh. Frank Reich has seemingly learned nothing from his time in Philly or Indy and the offensive mind we brought in to call the plays has been mired in a stagnant playbook from the early 2000s instead of a modern passing offense. They called PA scissors the other week. Something Dan Henning couldn't get to work in 2003 when he had Steve loving Smith and Mushin Muhummad running the routes.

No ones going to succeed in with this kind of thinking. They don't know what they have in the building and are instead trying to run poo poo that's either outdated or not suited to what they have. It's like if you took Jalen Hurts and put him in San Francisco and asked Brock Purdy to scramble ten times a game and run the tush push. It's beyond loving dumb and the problem is that Tepper thinks the problems is his coaches don't put his plans into action. The coaches haven't learned from the most obvious situations they've literally lived through and the GM is undoubtedly being pulled in three different directions between the two of them and his own knowledge of football.

It's a lot of words I know, but seeing what Bryce can do well. He's a legitimate NFL QB he's not in the right system, he doesn't have the right support and he doesn't have the personnel around him to succeed. Rookies are going to have bad days, and they're going to pick bad days to have bad days on, but I don't know how anyone can expect him to have a good day at this point.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BlindSite posted:

Bryce Young / panthers / Reich:

Firstly - Bryce Young did not play well yesterday - Fiz was right in his assessment. Young's footwork didn't look great and he seemed to have the yips he didn't have the week prior. Both of the interceptions, that meant anything in the context of the game, came on off platform throws where he missed passes he normally makes. I'm not going to handwave them away because it did cost us the game, but overall - he's not really made those kind of dumb errors in the past and I don't think they're necessarily predictive of future performance. That being said - players tend to take on the personality of their team's coach and basically the Panthers loving stink from top to bottom right now. As a result - I have no idea what the path forward is but I'm kind of doubting there is one at this point - at least in the short term.

Leading from the front you've got the owner who came across from the Steelers - traditionally one of the smartest run organisations (despite obvious issues like employing a rapist for 15 years, refusing to fire an offensive coordinator who sucks and just generally being filled with grubby cheap shot artists for the last decade) in the NFL to Carolina. It seems that at least in part he came over with the intention of putting every idea he ever raised at an ownership meeting and got "lol no"'d into practice and the results have been loving dire.

Considering that the sexual harassing groper in charge was forced to sell the team after making the playoffs in 2015 and 2016 and having a legitimate shot (twice) at winning a super bowl in his tenure and since he left, the team hasn't come close to sniffing the playoffs it's close to impossible to consider the sale of the team a success.

-

In the offseason I spoke about the Panthers being a good landing spot for a rookie Qb. Toward the back end of 2022 the Panthers switched to a more power style running game. McAdoo for all his faults was smart enough to recognise that the arm of PJ Walker or the brain of Sam Darnold was not going to get the team very far and basically handed the keys of the offensive unit to the recently rebuilt offensive line and D'Onte Foreman. As part of handing over the offense to the recently promoted lead back (after the CMC trade) he also implemented a simplified offense for Sam Darnold, to the point where some games it seemed like the philosophy was:
1. throw to DJ Moore
2. check down to a safety valve
3. scramble for a few

and for the most part the Panthers under Wilks got back on track. We had done the impossible, making an incompetent team seem competent and like it actually could compete for a division title (in the NFC:S such great heights, I know). We all knew change to the coaching staff was coming, but the bones of the team were there and the lessons learned over the past few years would surely hold some sway in the way the team would move forward.

The offense featured a running back who was effective at doing running back things, a pair of offensive guards who had found their feet, a bit of a cult hero at centre, a young left tackle that after a decade of searching had proven to be dependable and effective in a man to man scheme and a shiny bonafide WR1. In hindsight - it made some sense that the GM Scott Fitterer didn't trade Brian Burns for 2 first round picks to the Rams, he was going to sign an extension in the offseason and everything would be fine. Defensively we had a backfield that featured a former first round pick in the slot, a lockdown number one and contributors at safety and linebacker. The team lacked some steel, lacked some depth but there was enough talent in the roster to turn some losses into wins and make a run in a weak division.

Then the team hired Frank Reich. At first I thought the hire was a sound one. You were getting a HC with some super bowl pedigree due to his time in Philly, someone who had learned some harsh lessons with managing quarterbacks and dealing with ownership, he had dialled up an effective running game, he'd lived through the bad days rotating QBs and unearthing gems on a rebuilding roster- surely he'd have learned from his mistakes. The defense was to be mentored by one of the better coordinators in the league who simply wanted to forget the craziness of Denver. Two mentored with decades of experience were brought in to contribute on the offense and the defense. A Shanavay disciple at just 37 was coming in at OC and the best offensive position coach the team had - Dave Campen on the offensive line miraculously survived the night of the Tepperknives to keep his post.

Now if you were in this situation and you were going to draft a new quarterback and take the big swing (which I fully support) you would surely keep playing to the team's strengths. It doesn't take a genius to learn from the mistakes of the past made in the same building you now occupy. You would keep a run heavy game plan, you'd ensure you could staff that game plan with a running back who's proven in his abilities to work with a young Qb and run downhill in a power scheme. You'd do everything you can to keep that number one receiver, or you'd at least have a plan to replace him, you'd ensure that the rookie was given protection, support, targets and tailor an offense to his strengths... right?

Frank Reich and Fitterer basically changed all of that. The running back they should have kept they allowed to walk - to a very crowded Chicago backfield - on not very much money. They took the free agents and draft picks they'd spent millions in cap and no small amount of picks on acquiring at offensive line and completely changed the blocking and protection scheme. They shipped off the number one receiver and replaced him with a 33 year old who would have struggled to be the 4th receiver on the team he left. Then in lieu of play action, roll outs, bootlegs, things you do to get a guy into his timing, keep him safe physically they dialed up a static, unimaginative, unoriginal 20 year old offense and asked him to throw 40 times a game.

All of this is basically to say that the Panthers simply aren't deploying their resources properly. Some dumb stats to back up my point: Carolina currently has the 9th most passing attempts in the NFL.

They are 25th in rushing attempts but if you take away Bryce's "I'll do it myself" moments and subtract his scrambling its actually 30th in designed runs. 30th

This is a team that spent the last two offseasons bringing in assets and players who are suited to a man to man, down hill dominant rushing attack with an outside wide receiver who can blow the top off a defense and turn a slant into a touchdown into something resembling an offensive unit that would have barely worked in 2003. It's loving insane. On the surface the platform was right loving there to get this right and they haven't.

You've got an owner who defers to his wife on matters of hiring coaches, drafting players and signing general managers, who was happy to trade away his two best offensive players in the dreams it would get him the Steph Curry of QBs. A guy who's learned loving nothing from the people he was in the room with for close to a decade in Pittsburgh. Frank Reich has seemingly learned nothing from his time in Philly or Indy and the offensive mind we brought in to call the plays has been mired in a stagnant playbook from the early 2000s instead of a modern passing offense. They called PA scissors the other week. Something Dan Henning couldn't get to work in 2003 when he had Steve loving Smith and Mushin Muhummad running the routes.

No ones going to succeed in with this kind of thinking. They don't know what they have in the building and are instead trying to run poo poo that's either outdated or not suited to what they have. It's like if you took Jalen Hurts and put him in San Francisco and asked Brock Purdy to scramble ten times a game and run the tush push. It's beyond loving dumb and the problem is that Tepper thinks the problems is his coaches don't put his plans into action. The coaches haven't learned from the most obvious situations they've literally lived through and the GM is undoubtedly being pulled in three different directions between the two of them and his own knowledge of football.

It's a lot of words I know, but seeing what Bryce can do well. He's a legitimate NFL QB he's not in the right system, he doesn't have the right support and he doesn't have the personnel around him to succeed. Rookies are going to have bad days, and they're going to pick bad days to have bad days on, but I don't know how anyone can expect him to have a good day at this point.

This is an amazing effort post, better than the 2023 Carolina Panthers deserve

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Terrific effort post

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not a matter of whether or not Bryce can succeed, it's whether he can succeed in Carolina and I don't think it can happen as thing stand. The organization is terrible from top to bottom and you see that on the production on the field. We did everything possible to make this team a terrible place to land with his skillset, and I don't see that getting fixed in a year.

The sad part is even if you fired Reich at the end of the season, I wouldn't trust Tepper to find anyone better (if anything, with some of the coaches that might be available next season, I'm worried he could find someone worse), and Bryce can't wait another season for the right coach to show up. The TNF game is going to be a big problem if Bryce has another bad game; there's no other games to hide behind, and if we look like poo poo that's all people are going to be talking about

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

FizFashizzle posted:

Are you talking about the panthers?

Deonte Foremon didn’t resign and went to Chicago. Debate about whether the panthers lowballed him or if he wanted too much money. Regardless almost any panther fan will tell you they wish he was back.

Chuba Howard is….fine? He’s an acceptable one cut guy. He was technically the starter last year after the Cmc trade but obviously foreman was the work horse. He’s played okay or late, certainly better than….

Miles Sanders was the “big free agent” signing and he is god drat trash.

Nah I meant the guy from Houston

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shinji2015 posted:

The sad part is even if you fired Reich at the end of the season, I wouldn't trust Tepper to find anyone better (if anything, with some of the coaches that might be available next season, I'm worried he could find someone worse), and Bryce can't wait another season for the right coach to show up. The TNF game is going to be a big problem if Bryce has another bad game; there's no other games to hide behind, and if we look like poo poo that's all people are going to be talking about

This is definitely the biggest issue. Not really sure how you solve it when the problem with your franchise is "poo poo Owner".

And that was an awesome post, BS. I've been super down on Bryce, but you're spot on with pretty much all of that post.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

This is definitely the biggest issue. Not really sure how you solve it when the problem with your franchise is "poo poo Owner".

And that was an awesome post, BS. I've been super down on Bryce, but you're spot on with pretty much all of that post.

Mr Scot over at carolinahuddle has been banging the "Sign Kevin Colbert to run the team and Tepper doesn't touch anything else" drum for a while and I agree with it.

Tepper just needs to hire some stiff with good connections and actually let him do his job and also not let it be Ernie Accorsi.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sign Keary Colbert to run the team

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A lesson almost every new owner needs to learn: hire competent football people, let them make the decisions. Some owners never learn the first part, and others can never seem to hire the right people.

I suppose it can be hard to resist playing armchair GM with your $2B toy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

A lesson almost every new owner needs to learn: hire competent football people, let them make the decisions. Some owners never learn the first part, and others can never seem to hire the right people.

I suppose it can be hard to resist playing armchair GM with your $2B toy.

The panthers don’t even have field priority over the MLS team tepper owns

https://x.com/sheena_marie3/status/1721970097554673686?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

whos that broooown posted:

What's it like for you though

I'm sorry that I created animosity around me I'm not a very good actor as a poster and I have convictions that piss people off. I just try really hard to understand the x's and o's behind stuff and to give professionals reasonable trust.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not a matter of whether or not Bryce can succeed, it's whether he can succeed in Carolina and I don't think it can happen as thing stand. The organization is terrible from top to bottom and you see that on the production on the field. We did everything possible to make this team a terrible place to land with his skillset, and I don't see that getting fixed in a year.

Josh McDaniels is available.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I appreciate the kind words about my post. poo poo is just maddening when you go through it all line by line.

Being a gajillionair and wanting to play with your toy is fine, but at least go in with some direction and a plan. You can't do this poo poo by feel or by your gut.

Even Richardson as bad as he was with his 1970s direction had a direction, conviction and looked to build it. It was wrong but it was enough that it could focus the team toward a goal and it could lead to some form or minor success.

I just keep thinking of that old saying. No winds are favourable if you don't know your heading and that's the Panthers right now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nervous posted:

Josh McDaniels is available.

Tepper hired the man who was fired halfway through the season and replaced with Jeff Saturday, I do not put hiring McDaniels as HC past him.

BlindSite posted:

I just keep thinking of that old saying. No winds are favourable if you don't know your heading and that's the Panthers right now.

Exactly, you can see it with every QB move the Panthers have made since Tepper bought the team. All he knows is that he wants a great QB, but has no idea how to get or develop one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Tepper hired the man who was fired halfway through the season and replaced with Jeff Saturday, I do not put hiring McDaniels as HC past him.

Exactly, you can see it with every QB move the Panthers have made since Tepper bought the team. All he knows is that he wants a great QB, but has no idea how to get or develop one

Im just hopeful that we fall rear end backwards into a decent coach at this point. Like we fire Reich and we go to the third option between

1. College idiot with idiot ideas he sells as innovation

2. Old boring idiot with old ideas he sells as dependable.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If for some crazy reason Belichick leaves NE you know Tepper would give him whatever he wanted. And boom, Josh McDaniels OC.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

wandler20 posted:

If for some crazy reason Belichick leaves NE you know Tepper would give him whatever he wanted. And boom, Josh McDaniels OC.

Or if Harbaugh leaves Michigan Pete Carroll style, yeah.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It is kind of heartbreaking to see the frustration in your words BlindSite. I looked over the old draft posts this year and you were legit pumped heading out of there.

It’s a poo poo situation, and I hope it vastly improves in the offseason (let’s be real, the Panthers are stuck being a bad team this year).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kirios posted:

It is kind of heartbreaking to see the frustration in your words BlindSite. I looked over the old draft posts this year and you were legit pumped heading out of there.

It’s a poo poo situation, and I hope it vastly improves in the offseason (let’s be real, the Panthers are stuck being a bad team this year).

Followed this sport for 20+ years. Lost two superbowls, spent 5 years in the wilderness of fuckery with the sale of the team and the hiring of Rhule and now we're basically at the lowest point we've been since before we drafted Newton who we wasted and we're wasting another good young QB. Oh and we almost mortgaged everything for that loving rapist scum in Cleveland rn. It's maddening.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
My main worry about Bryce rn is that you can see the beginnings of David Carr syndrome. Dude is throwing early on stuff because he's cringing anticipating the hit

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ozymandius1024 posted:

Or if Harbaugh leaves Michigan Pete Carroll style, yeah.

Throwing a boatload of cash at Harbaugh right now in a 10 year deal seems like the best idea.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

My main worry about Bryce rn is that you can see the beginnings of David Carr syndrome. Dude is throwing early on stuff because he's cringing anticipating the hit

He did it prior to the Texans game on a couple plays, was near perfect against Houston and then got the yips a little against Indy.

Hard to blame him when he's on pace for like 40 sacks this year but the teams gotta do something.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
David Carr seeing 40 sacks and thinking "that's cute"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Isn't Sam Howell on pace for like 90?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

David Carr seeing 40 sacks and thinking "that's cute"

Its actually closer to 60 but I was just estimating .

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tomorrow will be an interesting experiment to see how well young plays while facing absolutely no pass rush.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The chart is very funny when comparing Young and Stroud.

https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/1722647501390692626?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Actually it’s not funny. It’s bad and sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

FizFashizzle posted:

Actually it’s not funny. It’s bad and sad.

He’s closer to burrow and mahomes!