Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

when the producer of Morbius and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer comes to you and says "I want to make a movie of your property" what choice do you have

he was the head of marvel in the late 90s before they got huge and works for sony which is why they have semi-rights to spider-man and x-men so jumping from that to nintendo stuff makes sense he's not writing or directing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Dwayne “Daruk” Johnson

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chris Pratt as Link

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Samuel L Jackson as Navi

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

danny trejo as tingle

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

biceps crimes posted:

spider-man 2 was good/fun. Definitely met my Sony prestige game quota for a while though and was feeling a bit of minimap fatigue near the end. swinging around owns though and the graphics were good

I thought the swinging in the first game felt a bit too weightless and automated so the low swing assist setting is really nice to have. makes the game feel more like the PS2 Spider Man 2 where you could really play around with the physics

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

weird time to turn to an isreali producer to make your movie

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Shyrka posted:

Funny to see people talking about SotN. After finishing Lunacid I got myself set up for some Playstation emulation to play King's Field and see where the inspiration comes from.

King's Field loving sucks, would not recommend.

But then I played Symphony of the Night and was much happier. Although I probably ruined it by spending 20 minutes wearing Alucart stuff and killing severed heads so I could get the Crissaegrim and obviate all possible challenge from the rest of the game.

Still satisfying to just walk forward and mulch everything though.

Which King's Field did you play? I've always wanted to try 4 because what little I've seen looks appealing, but the PSX ones all look pretty rough at a glance.

Don't worry about cheesing SOTN a bit because it's not very challenging anyway (which is part of what makes it so cozy and timeless imo). Just have fun with it and try to figure out some spells while you're at it.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Kerri Kenney-Silver as Navi

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jazerus posted:

danny trejo as tingle

Tingle, Tingle. *pumps shotgun* Kooloo-Limpah. *shotgun blast*

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loquacius posted:

Tingle, Tingle. *pumps shotgun* Kooloo-Limpah. *shotgun blast*

these are the words you don't talk about to no one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Quintin Tarantino's The Legend of Zelda (ca. 1999)

sam jackson as the old man in the cave
uma as zelda
alan rickman as gannondorf
and of course michael madsen as link

of the movie's 90 minute run time there are at least 15 minutes of scenes where zelda is putting on and removing stockings

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
S ome new games this week.
Peaky Blinders VR
Dreamworks all-star kart racing
And the $80 Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Which King's Field did you play? I've always wanted to try 4 because what little I've seen looks appealing, but the PSX ones all look pretty rough at a glance.

The first one, yeah. Pretty much every monster around the start can one-shot you, and the controller movement is really awkward and slow. Maybe you're meant to run past stuff and find a starter area to get better gear and level up and then it all opens up, but I'm not sure I can stick with it. I might glance at the sequels or Shadow Tower rather than worrying about starting at the beginning.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

my beautiful goomba wife

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sean Bean as Link's uncle

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

magiccarpet posted:

remake alpha protocol now

comte got his wish and he did, it's called cyberpunk 2077: phantom liberty

hell they brought back mina tang

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Imagining a sequence where Pratt Link gets ripped off by Ansari Tingle selling him a phony map despite the warnings of Schaal Navi

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjRrWcq1wOE

p impressive but its not quite the same without harry splayed out in his tighty whities

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ben Nerevarine posted:

The Legend of Zelda, starring Dwayne Johnson

the swashbuckling and heroic main character, zelda, should be played by timothy chalamet

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/orikron/status/1722000876661776649?t=4sNvz0Od6KaGpGxT0oA10g&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

the milk machine posted:

the swashbuckling and heroic main character, zelda, should be played by timothy chalamet

legit could see that tho lol

also its timothEEE get it right!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Timothee Chalamet's entire appeal is that he looks kind of like an elf, this is the part he was born to play

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
ganondorf played by brendan gleeson

directed by david michod

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gleeson would be a damned good wind waker Ganondorf

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Misread that as Jack Gleeson at first which would certainly be an interpretation

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

loquacius posted:

Chris Pratt as Link

He might be decent as the cartoon "Well excuuUUSSssEE me, princess!" version of Link.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

He might be decent as the cartoon "Well excuuUUSSssEE me, princess!" version of Link.

With Aubrey Plaza as Zelda

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

magiccarpet posted:

remake alpha protocol now
don't think Alpha Protocol 2: A Hideo Kojima Game will ever happen except in the cool reality

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Tom Holland as Link is going to suuuuuccckkkk

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
yakuza 0 good so far, just unlocked the real estate poo poo which is basically easy free money so i'm plowing through that right now with a map showing what shops are for sale cause i remember someone saying it was a pain in the dick to see which shops were available

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyone still keeping up with Against the Storm? god dman they've added so much content since I last played, and probably nerfed all my strats, that I'm gunna suck rear end at it. ngl im kinda afraid to play it again

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Xaris posted:

anyone still keeping up with Against the Storm? god dman they've added so much content since I last played, and probably nerfed all my strats, that I'm gunna suck rear end at it. ngl im kinda afraid to play it again

I've had it awhile but really haven't gotten into it, mostly out of early access anxiety. I keep a close eye on the updates tho

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman posted:

I've had it awhile but really haven't gotten into it, mostly out of early access anxiety. I keep a close eye on the updates tho

i mean it could have easily been considered a 1.0 game like 10+ months ago. it's really good, one of those rare indie masterpieces that everyone should play

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

goth smoking cloves posted:

Tom Holland as Link is going to suuuuuccckkkk

Chalamet should have gotten it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

yakuza 0 good so far, just unlocked the real estate poo poo which is basically easy free money so i'm plowing through that right now with a map showing what shops are for sale cause i remember someone saying it was a pain in the dick to see which shops were available

the real money is in majima's club, which without going into detail you'll be able to eventually pass on to kiryu

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm so stoked for tomorrow

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

the real money is in majima's club, which without going into detail you'll be able to eventually pass on to kiryu

what? kiryu makes way more money than majima, and for much less effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

i mean it could have easily been considered a 1.0 game like 10+ months ago. it's really good, one of those rare indie masterpieces that everyone should play

steam is telling me since july, i guess there are characters and dialogue trees now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? think i might wait for 1.0, they gotta be close