Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

heck I paid $200 for a case in 2000, coming with a wild screen feature for more seems reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

some company let you order cases COD in the late 90s. i ordered the most bitchin lime green case for $50, planning on spending my birthday money on it. it ended up being delivered on a day i was at a camp or some poo poo, so dad rejected the delivery of my new case, not knowing what it was

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

oh that fuckin whips yesssss

jony buy the extremely small extra display

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyEjLcj

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why is there no easy way to disable caps lock in windows ie a button in control panel, not some registry hack or installing a new piece of software to do it for you

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

why is there no easy way to disable caps lock in windows ie a button in control panel, not some registry hack or installing a new piece of software to do it for you

just press the key again echi

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

what if i wANT TO Use the kEY FOR SOMETHing elSE WITHOUT my TYPing goING Like THIs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

but

but

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

echinopsis posted:

been using the registry hack forever but I'm going to have to switch to some software solution because they've also added windows key shortcuts to accidentally launch teams and other inane poo poo :sigh:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

powertoys helps fix a lot, though the moment you're in an elevated access window they all don't work lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I'm considering the k3 pro just to remap my keys properly (and because I like my k3)

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
just map caps lock to escape and a double press of shift to caps lock bing bong so simple

Its a Rolex
Jan 23, 2023

Hey, posting is posting. You emptyquote, I turn my monitor on; what's the difference?
just use programmer colemak and nuke the caps lock key

actually i just looked at the programmer colemak layout why the gently caress is Z in the left ctrl spot

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

just take the key off your keyboard op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blinkz0rz posted:

just map caps lock to escape and a double press of shift to caps lock bing bong so simple

why have caps lock available at all

I do suppose I could use VIA to totally remap it

my CODE had these dip switches that allowed me to turn it off in hardware that was good

also so I got the 80% V3 keychron and I love it and I was gonna sell old one but my partner said she’d have it, she just has a thinkpad for work and she types a lot and she much prefers an external. it’s so good to see lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

why have caps lock available at all

diversity makes the world a more interesting place! (:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

diversity makes the world a more interesting place! (:

☺️

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

been using the registry hack forever but I'm going to have to switch to some software solution because they've also added windows key shortcuts to accidentally launch teams and other inane poo poo :sigh:

Reminder: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win+L

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

a full set of keycaps that all say “any”

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

another week another keychron

my first wired only one. mostly a backup slash alternative keyb for the gamin pc

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBWJ9SKX?smid=ASKDIKGC8TC4&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

if the deal stops just know that this mf was $27.99 lol. ridiculous deal for what u get.

also red backlight HACKER MODE

i grabbed this deal and it's significantly better than my other, older mechanical keyboards and also cost less. i swapped the keycaps for some sa profile pbts and it feels and sounds great

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its ridiculously good. to the point that right now my Leopold is relegated to backup. that's saying something

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i like it better like this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
notbad notbad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i used a friend's macbook with the ultra thin no-travel keyboard they used for a while. boy, that loving sucks. i don't think i've used a worse feeling keyboard maybe ever and i'm including flexy membrane keypads on machine tools and poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

its ridiculously good. to the point that right now my Leopold is relegated to backup. that's saying something

jonny u rat i just bought this keyb even though it doesn't have a 10key

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Sagebrush posted:

i used a friend's macbook with the ultra thin no-travel keyboard they used for a while. boy, that loving sucks. i don't think i've used a worse feeling keyboard maybe ever and i'm including flexy membrane keypads on machine tools and poo poo

I’m one of the weirdos that kinda likes it. I haven’t used it enough to have switch bounce or anything tho

I feel like people have memory-holed the Atari 400 keyboard. now that’s a no travel keyboard

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Captain Foo posted:

jonny u rat i just bought this keyb even though it doesn't have a 10key

did u keep the receipt?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
since we were talkin elsewhere i made yall a video of some of my keyboards

e: hang on let me re-up

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 5, 2023

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm also liking that cheap keychron way more than i expected to. it's not Crisp like i usually like but still very pleasant to type on and not error prone. biggest complaint: the scrub-tier 'mac/pc' toggle combo but i guess i just gotta reflash it for whatever i want for the long haul, nbd. absolutely worth the paltry pricetag

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

e: hang on let me re-up

holy poo poo your leopold is SO pingy

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQS5KkX_pxs

dope! in your opinion, what's best/least irritating to actually use of those for non-james activities? i forgot how kinda 'loose' the M sounds after all these years

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i realized i had a noise gate on hang on let me get the full fury

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
here we go i'll keep this one up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY6vDeW35t8

psiox posted:

dope! in your opinion, what's best/least irritating to actually use of those for non-james activities? i forgot how kinda 'loose' the M sounds after all these years

brown brown brown. the leopold is my Gaming Keyboard but i have gravitated towards the c3 for daily postin'. i pull out the one with blues for when i'm mad at you all. the evga was honestly an interim buy while i cleaned and fixed a couple switches on the leopold. it's okay but it's a little gimmicky.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 5, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

amazon is terrifying i am already typing on the new keyb.

it's comfy as heck and very quiet

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

going to buy a new keyboard every month for that fresh key feel

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

having to break in the switches every month 🥴

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Patrick Batemanly: Very nice.

guess I’m going to try browns next.