Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

It really feels like some wrestling fans just literally consume nothing else besides wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Guess when this was posted

today, but it can probably be from anytime in 2022 through probably 2025

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cody isn't gonna "earn it" as long as there's a 0.1% chance they can do the Rock/Roman match

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I remember Gareth seemed to think Sasha's fee was something she was charging to meet fans instead of what a convention paid, and outright seemed mystified at the idea.

e: that's at the post about consuming only wrestling of course

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hangman Adam Paige

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

Hangman Adam Saraya

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

Guess when this was posted

today, but it can probably be from anytime in 2022 through probably 2025

Finish The Story (Eventually)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Kennel posted:

Buy AEW Fight Forever Season Pass 2 for Majima DLC!

Yes!

Kennel posted:

(it would be worth it, if they added a hostess club minigame)

YES!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The AEW/Sega match will be a Space Channel 5-based rhythm dance off.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

It really feels like some wrestling fans just literally consume nothing else besides wrestling.

Their brain barely consume oxigen so

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hire M'Dickie to make the next AEW game.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yakuza: Like an American Dragon

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

enigmahfc posted:

SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Chu Chu Rocket with a bunch of Serpenticos running away from Nyla.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/vicneumann1/status/1721607558559834583

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

enigmahfc posted:

Oh no, first TK hires Ric Flair, and now he's got Michael Jackson on the payroll?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Aussie Open who openly said NJPW didn’t want to give them a full time contract, so they signed with AEW because they would? That Aussie Open?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Kenny comes out to a remixed "Sega Genesis" version of his theme that sounds weird if you've played SNES for your entire childhood.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I like how the common consensus was that Juice was a dud hire or a favor hire for Toni. Shows you how far he's come in AEW now that people retroactively consider him a "top-level talent".

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NJPW should definitely walk away from the company that provides them with massive exposure in America and probably their biggest non-Dome payday of the year.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

I like how the common consensus was that Juice was a dud hire or a favor hire for Toni. Shows you how far he's come in AEW now that people retroactively consider him a "top-level talent".

He really turned it up to a whole other level when BCG kicked into full gear. It’s kind of nuts how quickly he turned around because he was floundering bad in AEW at first.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

Honestly I'm entirely guilty of this. When he showed up in AEW I really felt like he was washed and not doing anything interesting. And then he just let his gremlin out.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Honestly I'm entirely guilty of this. When he showed up in AEW I really felt like he was washed and not doing anything interesting. And then he just let his gremlin out.

he was though! i thought he was a weird little freak (bad) when he first showed up but once jay white showed up and they paired up, he really blossomed into a weird little freak (good)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Juice had a couple of pretty good TV matches and did some of what he is doing now on Dark. He wasn't really doing anything bad he was just in a holding pattern for a very obvious reason.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lamuella posted:

NJPW should definitely walk away from the company that provides them with massive exposure in America and probably their biggest non-Dome payday of the year.

Tony also gave Aussie Open that contract while Mark was injured (unless that one where they relinquished the belt was a work?) and has consistently made NJPW talent look good when they appear, even the young lions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

....why would NJPW be mad at AEW for letting talent develop elsewhere for big returns? That's a really dumb take

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Jay as a (relatively) straight man really helps Juice's act. Also gives him a plenty of screen time and gives him credibility even when he's not winning a lot by himself.

And yeah, I thought that Juice was kind of annoying and trying too hard to be wacky before he was coupled with Jay.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Japan seems to be pretty open that it can't afford big money foreign contracts right now and on their shows are mentioning that Will is testing the market so no, they aren't upset

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

There's two companies that can outbid NJPW for talent. Would they rather have their talent go to a company they have a nice relationship with and is very open to trading talent for shows or cut ties and have both competing companies be a wall garden phantom zone for talent?

Hmm.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

People made the same noise about Jay White when it was both obvious NJPW wasn't matching what WWE and AEW could offer and that it would benefit NJPW to have him go to AEW over WWE. They've also just have never seen foreign wrestlers as a long term investment the way they view Japanese wrestlers.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/IWCCounselor/status/1721922163605655605

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gareth, The IWC Counselor, Jobber Nation TV, WWE WWF Junkie, and Aew Botches are so STUPID

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

yea ok posted:

Gareth, The IWC Counselor, Jobber Nation TV, WWE WWF Junkie, and Aew Botches are so STUPID

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1721958521875427808

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

god its just the lowest effort engagement bait

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Now this is the good stuff

https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1722050675016618303

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now Dutch, to have seen it and knew you and Dr. Tom did it they would have had to watch Smoky Mountain and nobody under the age of 30 has ever done that.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I too remember when Kendo the Samurai hit the ropes and caused Dirty White Boy to hit a reverse 450 on Bruiser Bedlam, which was a spot Dutch Mantel told him to do.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

And where is she currently signed right now?