Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Consider your side bread privileges revoked, dude

Good, I'm allergic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hogan is a real piece of poo poo but if you don’t still hoot and holler every time he hulks up and points at a dude you don’t even like wrestling

Inoki did it better

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I mean honestly the coolest no-sell moment in wrestling history is 45 minutes into the Funinami-Inoki IWGP title match where Inoki starts throwing slaps at Fujinami, and after the first few, Fujinami just starts absorbing them and simply stands up straight like “gently caress you, old man, hit me again”. It’s so subtle a movement but Yokohama loses its loving mind over it.

Then Inoki throws some closed fists and an enziguri and takes Fujinami down. But holy poo poo, that no-sell was so awesome it made the goddamn Inoki memorial video after he died

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Fujinami is the goat vote for him in the WON hall of fame

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did any of that happen while a bug-eyed hot-dog skinned man was wildly shaking his silky smooth shoulder length sunbleached blonde skullet?

No?

Advantage Hogan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Fujinami is the goat vote for him in the WON hall of fame

No one should ever vote for Fujinami in the Observer Hall of Fame.

Because he was inducted in the first class before the advent of voting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hogan was the icon of redneck midlife crisis havers everywhere for like 20 years.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Given what I assume the Cornette fan base is like I wonder how much impact he legit has on their voting habits being a Dem-endorser

https://x.com/thejimcornette/status/1721929368635654219?s=46&t=SXDOUM5lPPvZwsTORT6VFQ

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

0konner posted:

Given what I assume the Cornette fan base is like I wonder how much impact he legit has on their voting habits being a Dem-endorser

https://x.com/thejimcornette/status/1721929368635654219?s=46&t=SXDOUM5lPPvZwsTORT6VFQ

he's right

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

0konner posted:

Would not be shocked if a significant portion of his fanbase would themselves be shocked to learn he hates Trump.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's a liberal

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he spent like 6 months cutting promos on Donald Trump. I think they get it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I call him a lieberal

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

0konner posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hate jim.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 7, 2023

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Jim's one of them Southern Democrats which basically means he's still as racist as the average Republican but can see how lovely they are in other ways

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Drakkel posted:

Jim's one of them Southern Democrats which basically means he's still as racist as the average Republican but can see how lovely they are in other ways

So it's socially conservative, racist, but also thinks poverty is bad?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

algebra testes posted:

Oh, no, not if he's well off, then it's fine.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

algebra testes posted:

Society's problems are bad, but their causes are very good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have learned Top Dolla is feuding with Jim Cornette. Go Dolla.

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1724525115763794208

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Struggling to picture what a fat uncle phil would look like

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Uncle Phil was infinitely more of a badass than Top Dolla

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Uncle Phil was infinitely more of a badass than Top Dolla

Top Dolla wishes he had a line that was even a fraction as cool as "Geoffrey, break out Lucille."

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Jim (and his fans) are the type that think it is impossible for him to be racist because he doesn't say the n-word anymore

Fentry fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 16, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
More and more people are saying Brian Last uses his parents money to pay people to defend Jim Cornette in the funniest ways possible.

https://twitter.com/OJMcClanahan420/status/1724987393445421261

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he should give me some money

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The obsession with using Southpark style art for his little bullshit is strange as hell to me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

More and more people are saying Brian Last uses his parents money to pay people to defend Jim Cornette in the funniest ways possible.

https://twitter.com/OJMcClanahan420/status/1724987393445421261

You made him so mad he lost sentence structure at the end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

You made him so mad he lost sentence structure at the end.

I really appreciate that someone registered an account yesterday to tell people that Jim Cornette is not racist, he just hates everyone that very day, searched for people he could say that too and got so mad at me that he posted that and blocked me.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

TheKingslayer posted:

The obsession with using Southpark style art for his little bullshit is strange as hell to me.
The show has a surprising diehard Boomer fandom.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

The show has a surprising diehard Boomer fandom.

decades of both siding every political issue and minimizing the rise of fascism'll do that

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Punch McLightning posted:

decades of both siding every political issue and minimizing the rise of fascism'll do that

Cornette sucks but I would refer you to my last post in this thread to point out he does not ‘both sides’ every political issue he is pretty firmly on one side in terms of American electoral politics.

Edit: this post misunderstood which ‘show’ was being referred to.

0konner fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 16, 2023

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

0konner posted:

Cornette sucks but I would refer you to my last post in this thread to point out he does not ‘both sides’ every political issue he is pretty firmly on one side in terms of American electoral politics.

Punch was saying that's why boomers like South Park.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Ahhhh fair then. My quote reply is withdrawn.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Cornette hates Trump and is probably to the left of Biden (which isn't saying much) but he also thinks it's ok to make racist jokes because he votes the right way and people should know he doesn't REALLY think those things

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's Bill Maher, basically. That's really all you need to know.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Cornette hates Trump almost as much as he hates Women and Asian people

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
corny can only think about heat and how to get heat good or bad he's a worker, jack

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kevin Kelly liked this tweet, definitely a smart move when you've already been demoted and quit your plan B.

https://twitter.com/JoeSposto/status/1726381797133414880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MassRafTer posted:

Kevin Kelly liked this tweet, definitely a smart move when you've already been demoted and quit your plan B.

https://twitter.com/JoeSposto/status/1726381797133414880

Firing Kevin Kelly would make me pop