Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

azren posted:

I would like to request a core that looks as much as possible like the Megazord from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

edit: sword and shield as primary weapons for maximum emulation.

Swords are left hand only and shields are left shoulder only, though you could go empty handed in the right and some thing small on the right shoulder too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also again, I love everyone's enthusiasm, but can we maybe try to steer the requests away from referencey stuff for the time being. This is Let's Play Armored Core VI, not Let's Play Your Favorite Mecha Anime Dress Up Game, please. We got the Gundam out of the way up front already, let's try to leave it there.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
but Armor Decor VI is my favorite mecha anime dress up game :colbert:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Honestly I don't know enough about the game and it systems so all I can suggest is going crazy with the paintjobs and bling the AC's up as much as possible.
Visual war crimes is the vibe I want and demand.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

Honestly I don't know enough about the game and it systems so all I can suggest is going crazy with the paintjobs and bling the AC's up as much as possible.
Visual war crimes is the vibe I want and demand.

Dazzle camouflage turned into offensive weaponry is something I can get behind.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also again, I love everyone's enthusiasm, but can we maybe try to steer the requests away from referencey stuff for the time being. This is Let's Play Armored Core VI, not Let's Play Your Favorite Mecha Anime Dress Up Game, please. We got the Gundam out of the way up front already, let's try to leave it there.

Hmm. But have you considered more Gundam as it's always better? I may or may not have just finished my first playthrough with my AC constantly painted like a Nemo from Zeta Gundam.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Explosionface posted:

Hmm. But have you considered more Gundam as it's always better? I may or may not have just finished my first playthrough with my AC constantly painted like a Nemo from Zeta Gundam.

put me down as someone who has 0 nostalgia or references for Gundam and just want to see cool cores

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Gundam is extremely overrated imo and I'd rather just see the cool stuff this game has to offer than seeing it molded into yet another direct gundam reference.
And if you really need to reference stuff, there's plenty of other mech anime to draw inspiration from.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Okay, but when you consider that Shoji Kawamori designed about a third of the mecha featured in the latest Gundam series, that argument kinda falls flat. Some of them practically are just ACs:

He's also responsible for actual Gundam designs dating back as far as 1991. The two franchises are pretty inextricably linked by that common thread.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 8, 2023

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:shrug: I guess those get a pass then?

Alternate take: just make cool robits to fight stuff with instead of setting out to make the loving horse Gundam.
If convergent evolution makes it end up looking like a Gundam I guess the Gundam designers managed to make a cool design.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Hey ya'll, we're gonna play a new game now, it's called

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Okay, we have a LOT of black spaces to fill in with colours. Also the JOSO is not powerful enough to power the laser cannon, so we have two options: habituallyred, do you consent to the JOSO being swapped in for the VP-20S. If not, Dukes Mayo Clinic and AtomikKrab, decide between yourselves on a consensus pick for an alternate L and/or R Back weapon loadout.

Get it done, Thread-2-1.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Frame pattern
Color 1: 125/200/255
Color 2: 0/87/153
Color 3: 191/165/255
Color 4: 16/0/56

Device: Pure white

Full luster and no reflection on all parts

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Fifth colour on the AC frame is still up for grabs, as are colours 3, 4, and 5 on the flame pattern. If anyone wants to spice up the weapons selection, that is still open as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

:sickos:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also keep in mind that weathering options are still available for each part and colour.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I could go for a nice teal in that last color.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nine-gear crow posted:

Fifth colour on the AC frame is still up for grabs, as are colours 3, 4, and 5 on the flame pattern. If anyone wants to spice up the weapons selection, that is still open as well.

color 3 on the flame pattern should be searing green

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

color 3 on the flame pattern should be searing green

I've also begun plastering it with corporate logos, including an over abundance of Dafeng logos to just weird the poor Tester AC pilot out.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, we have a LOT of black spaces to fill in with colours. Also the JOSO is not powerful enough to power the laser cannon, so we have two options: habituallyred, do you consent to the JOSO being swapped in for the VP-20S. If not, Dukes Mayo Clinic and AtomikKrab, decide between yourselves on a consensus pick for an alternate L and/or R Back weapon loadout.

Get it done, Thread-2-1.

I’m more amused by the JOSO than the laser cannon and would accept either DUO-02 or nothing in exchange.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Sprinkle some weathering pattern 20, 16 and 23 around like we found this thing rotting in a ditch somewhere.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
That is a great scheme right from the start. I'll second the vote for a Duo-2 over a generator change.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
This is better than I could have ever hoped for.

How to survive as a mercenary: Be as eye-searingly painful to look at as possible. That way nobody will be able to aim at you!

Colour 4 on the flame should be brown.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So the JOSO is so weak it literally precludes any back weapons period on this frame build. So this is it, it is complete.

NAME YOUR ABOMINATION.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The Gooncensus

It looks incredible.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

name it "john cena."

the quotation marks are part of the name

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

biosterous posted:

name it "john cena."

the quotation marks are part of the name
Seconding this one.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Geemer posted:

The Gooncensus

This is good.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Geemer posted:

The Gooncensus
This is my vote.

... as Mk I. There will be many more monstrosities to come, I'm sure.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

That thing looks like someone had a random assortment of paint buckets from refuse bin in paint shop and splattered them around AC, then played in dirt like overenthusiastic puppy.

The Gooncensus is good

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I'd be mad about what the weathering did to the paint scheme... if this wasn't powered by a glorified tractor engine. Hobo with a Shotgun is my proposal for a name. Never seen the movie but the name fits.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

so a pistol and a blade and nothing else

This is an assassination build

that poor poor kid.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Looks like it came out of the factory all shiny and neon and then immediately got dumped in the mud.

Geemer posted:

The Gooncensus

It looks incredible.

Seconding this.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Perfect.

Name it “JOSUSSY”

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
The NACHTREIHER/40E core isn't helping, either. The core affects how much EN you have to work with, the Generator Output Adj. stat is a multiplier on your generator's output. So not only are you running a tractor engine, you're running .91x of a tractor engine.

I think, even after a few buffs, the Nachtreiher is still second worst in this regard, but I could be wrong. That's not to say it's bad, it's armor and AP are pretty good for its weight and it looks cool, the other ultralight option is -way- more flimsy.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Here's one Core suggestion for the future, because it looks really cool;
https://twitter.com/mechafanatic/status/1722261952087671140

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So we've got

The Gooncensus - 5
"john cena." - 2
JOSUSSY - 1
Hobo with a Shotgun - 1

I'll leave the voting open for the rest of today if anyone wants to rally the other choices or further cement The Gooncensus.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'll toss in a dime for The Gooncensus, no need to beat around the bush with the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

habituallyred posted:

I'd be mad about what the weathering did to the paint scheme... if this wasn't powered by a glorified tractor engine. Hobo with a Shotgun is my proposal for a name. Never seen the movie but the name fits.

I think it's a combination of the brown base layer of the flame pattern blending with the rust-coloured weathering choices. I've scaled the weathering back a tiny bit on the finalized version to let the pattern come through a tiny bit better, as will be seen when the video is ready later on.

Anyway, now that we have a baseline of a super energy-sucky core and boosters strapped to a tractor engine:

We need weapons loadouts for our next slate of missions.

In Video 4 were are going to be:
  • blowing up some power generators
  • attacking a big pick up truck
  • climbing a wall

Arm this pile of poo poo, Thread-2-1.

E: feel free to consider a wider range of options for the first mission. It's a special case, that one.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 8, 2023