Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sorry Panthers fans, we tried to warn you about Reich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kancey was about the only positive on defense against the Texans. He looks like he could be a future star.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1721572502688727226?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Might be a worse response than reich admitting he didn’t know Thielen was out of the game when he called a play for him.

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1721934136359743699?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol if this story is true and I'm sure it is because Clausen is such a tool.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1721934934779088917?s=20

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Might be a worse response than reich admitting he didn’t know Thielen was out of the game when he called a play for him.

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1721934136359743699?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Is McVay's coaching tree bad? Who can see what the protection has looked like and say that? Wtf

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh those kind of answers don't mean much to me.

Its hard for a coach to be asked that and give an honest answer.

"Well it turns out our entire line is built for a different scheme than what my boss chose to run and although we spent a top 10 pick on him, Icky just doesn't have the smarts to understand what he's supposed to do and when. We're pretty much hosed until Campen figures out how to teach him, we replace him or we wholesale change the scheme"

Hes 37 in his first job under scrutiny. He can't be expected to answer the "are you still beating your wife" questions.

I just hope I'm not giving him too much credit and he doesn't legit believe there's no problem.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
I want Arthur Smith to be fired and replaced with someone that will give the ball to his 3 top 10 draft picks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Henron posted:

I want Arthur Smith to be fired and replaced with someone that will give the ball to his 3 top 10 draft picks.

The use of Bijan is so odd.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1721546660403159193?s=20

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1721886190406905919?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No one asked the obvious followup

https://x.com/sheena_marie3/status/1721970751807320504?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Henron posted:

You’ll see once he 4D chesses his way into winning his fantasy league!

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

"We just think Brian Burns and Derrick Brown can do more. No, we will not be paying them either."

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

The use of Bijan is so odd.

For real, what’s the plan there? Bijan looks like a star and they sure as gently caress aren’t able to pass the ball

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

For real, what’s the plan there? Bijan looks like a star and they sure as gently caress aren’t able to pass the ball

The only thing I can think of is Arthur Smith didn't want to draft him and he's being a petty bitch about using him. Nothing else really makes sense to me.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

wandler20 posted:

The only thing I can think of is Arthur Smith didn't want to draft him and he's being a petty bitch about using him. Nothing else really makes sense to me.

That, or he never forgave him for that one touch that went nowhere for whatever reason.

Regardless, imagine being that kind of rear end in a top hat when your job might be on the line

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1722284905634140640?s=20

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gotta be a fetish at this point

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Since this point in 2019, the panthers have the worst record in the NFL at 18-48. 1/3rd of those wins came when Wilks was interrim head coach. Currently on their fourth head coach in that timeframe.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Normally when I can't watch live games I'll turn off my phone and wait til I get home to watch the replay.

Even in the dog days last year I did it. Not sure if I'll bother tomorrow.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

David Tepper is a deep cover yinzer psyop to drive all of the people who went from being Steelers fans to being Panthers fans in the 90s back into being Steelers fans

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today's win or go home day https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/potential-changes-coming-in-carolina

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Money is on fitterer.

I can’t imagine reich is fired mid season. Offense looks just as bad with Jones calling the plays, probably because he and reich came up with the playbook together.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rooting for the bears big style

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Lol wasn’t it basically tepper who made the Bryce pick when the team wanted Stroud?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Lol wasn’t it basically tepper who made the Bryce pick when the team wanted Stroud?

Never been total confirmation but that’s the general sense everyone has.

We’ll know for sure after he fires all the coaches again and reich gives a tell all. This does not seem like a dude who even wants to be coaching right now. Powerful late stage George seifert vibes.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Never been total confirmation but that’s the general sense everyone has.

We’ll know for sure after he fires all the coaches again and reich gives a tell all. This does not seem like a dude who even wants to be coaching right now. Powerful late stage George seifert vibes.

I can imagine that working for Tepper is a good way to lose any enthusiasm he might have had left for coaching

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Money is on fitterer.

I can’t imagine reich is fired mid season. Offense looks just as bad with Jones calling the plays, probably because he and reich came up with the playbook together.

Who is Jones? I though Thomas Brown was calling the plays now?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

wandler20 posted:

Best I can figure is Smith is being too clever for his own good.

Rather than make opposing defenses stop Robinson/Pitts/etc., he's putting the ball in the hands of the Van Jeffersons of the team. Something like "well, the stars are getting covered up...let's throw to the moon".

Except it's not a moon, it's an rear end.

PS we tried to go cheap at QB and it hasn't worked.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Who is Jones? I though Thomas Brown was calling the plays now?

You’re correct.

I briefly confused him with bears legend thomas Jones.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

First fire Reich.

Promote Staley to HC and be done with it imo.

Fitterer has been... a GM. But part of me wonders if he's been pulled in several directions by the owner and coaches over the last few years or if he's at fault.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

First fire Reich.

Fitterer has been... a GM. But part of me wonders if he's been pulled in several directions by the owner and coaches over the last few years or if he's at fault.

My brain immediately went to Brandon Staley :stare:

I have no idea how Duce would do as a head guy, but I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. All depends on who he surrounds himself with I suppose.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

My brain immediately went to Brandon Staley :stare:

I have no idea how Duce would do as a head guy, but I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. All depends on who he surrounds himself with I suppose.

Evero owns as a DC so he should stay. Frazier the passing game coordinator needs to be fired into the sun. Brown might be salvageable.

Duce would would be my pick because with his psychotic nature anyone rounding off routes, stopping on routes, giving a piss blocking effort etc etc etc that's plaguing the team will probably lead to an almost beating and verbal thrashing.

If you can't play well you can play tough and play disciplined and you'll get 70% of the way there. I feel like he could at least instill some mongrel.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

BlindSite posted:

First fire Reich.

Fitterer is the absolute worst. Friendly reminder he let Reddick walk.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

In retrospect Carolina’s offseason looks like one of the worst ever. Not a single thing they did has worked out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

In retrospect Carolina’s offseason looks like one of the worst ever. Not a single thing they did has worked out.

It's almost impressive

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

if you tried to make worse decisions in Madden Franchise mode on purpose the game wouldn't let you

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I missed the game, it couldn't be that bad. They played the Bears.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

They scored 6 points on offense. Against the Bears.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Awful end of game management, why does Reich have a job??

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Alaois posted:

which one would you say is the number 1 overall pick of the draft and which would you say is the undrafted free agent who played at a D2 college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If Young had the Bears' receiver room we win this game by 20. We had a receiver actually open once and he threw a 44 yarder. The receivers and the scheme is loving dogshit.