Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

I guess it's better than her walking in on them smashing their faces together while asking people why they think they're a couple.

Gil Thorp has not yet updated today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (November 5, 1935)

Peanuts continues with Sparky's version of second-wave feminism. (November 9, 1976)

Crankshaft returns us to the saga of America's Saddest Newspaper.

That's route driver, singular. Which, since the newspaper office is a single office, work well here.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Seeing as how I made a big mistake with Li'l Abner yesterday that you all were just to polite to mention, here's a full week of Pappy Yokum stumbling into the line of fire! (January 7-12, 1935)

Thimble Theater, with an appearance from everyone's favorite man-mountain. (June 11, 1940)

Out Our Way (April 1-3, 1943; spoilered out of respect to animal lovers, with a vague, menacing hint that leather has to come from somewhere.)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mr. Squishy posted:

Can any Canadians in the thread confirm if they find the belly button obscene?
Well, the War of 1812 was to a large extent navel. :dadjoke:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Posting Sundays so we can meet the husband and enjoy some casual sexism.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Out Our Way (April 1-3, 1943; spoilered out of respect to animal lovers, with a vague, menacing hint that leather has to come from somewhere.)

[/quote]

Seriously that kid is the best baby sitter.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "368 - Jucika And The Night Broadcast"

"369 - Jucika Punishes The Bureaucrat"

"hivatal = office"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
"ugh, what an absolute mess this poor prisoner is in! Look at how stained and dirty her gown is and how beating in spirit she is!"*

*In the wtf tongue

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Green Intern posted:

A fine Brian Blessed right there.

I can hear that panel.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Cowslips Warren posted:

"ugh, what an absolute mess this poor prisoner is in! Look at how stained and dirty her gown is and how beating in spirit she is!"*

*In the wtf tongue

Maybe Sarvana is going to get a Bandar glowup and be the prettiest pirate at the jungle prom.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 21, 1960)

"Well, gently caress. I really wanted to kill that guy."

Scary Go Round (January 30-February 4, 2004)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My wife bought this rubber comb to try to exfoliate our infant son. It instantly didn't work and he _hated_ it; I wish I could have shown her this instead.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i don't even like babies but the way she draws the baby in We Are Reproducing is cute as hell

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/4-6/51

Archie 8/30 - 9/1/48

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 9/20-22/51

Guess we're still a year and and a half away from a moon landing!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

:owned: :owned: :owned:

:sickos:

I love that Copper is realizing that not only was their training shorter than the Demons and not much more than imitation, but the Demons likely loving sent a secret guy off to do it since the start of the season, showing up their efforts again. This is layers of getting owned!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

marla clearly doesn't appreciate scott's fighting game hobby and need for twitch reflexes enough, smdh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

marla clearly doesn't appreciate scott's fighting game hobby and need for twitch reflexes enough, smdh

I always wondered why he looks so smelly and unwashed

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater, with an appearance from everyone's favorite man-mountain. (June 11, 1940)

everybody out of my way, toar's back

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 21, 1960)

1. drat, Hal Foster didn't gently caress around

2. Ha! Timmera got killed by loving cheese

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

:yeah: TOAR!

If modern day Popeye wanted to take those first steps towards quality they could certainly start by bringing Toar in and remembering that Olive is every bit a violent jackass as the rest of the cast. Randy does remember that, the other artists don't.

Wouldn't say go back to Olive as perpetual damsel like the cartoons either but she's a weird, wonderful mutant just like Popeye so I'd respect the classics a bit there.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

SOME GIZMO

Awk, Sever! Awk!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (October 20-22, 1924; spoiler for deployment of theatrical blackface)

Toonerville Folks (Jan 2-4, 1922, with a modesty curtain for Aunt Eppie.)

Dok's "Another Spoiler For Violence Against The Undead" Duck (December 26, 1914)

Little Lefty (May 25-27, 1939)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

I'm convinced the foreign exchange kid is screwing with Nate on purpose.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

davidspackage posted:

I have no idea what he thinks a "portal" is in this context.
I think he's referring to web portals.

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

*record scratch* - *freeze frame* - Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.
I am wondering that, yes. The intro of "a mad scientist, an athlete and a traveler took a space flight to a hostile planet on a mission of peace" left me with a lot of questions.

Guy Fawkes posted:

I don't know the U.S. laws about the subject, here in Italy (and several other nations) a parent behaving that way is not a crime but quite illegal, and the other parent would be able to sue. And the mother has no right to do such thing: only a tribunal could do so, and only after legal procedures.
I assume you can probably just say you don't know who the father is? Seems like that would be difficult to prevent. Fortunately.

Guy Fawkes posted:

Considering that Keith has been LIED, because witholding the truth means lying, for 20 years about such an important question, he has all the rights to be upset about the situation
He does not. It's really nothing to do with him.

Domus posted:

Making it an ... is terrible, because it implies
This is the core issue with Holbrook's writing, yes. He does not understand subtext or implication. Things mean exactly what he says they mean and only for as long as he says it. He sees absolutely no problem with making something an allegory one week and then completely ignoring that the next. You're not supposed to read anything into it that's not explicitly stated in the text.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Doomykins posted:

:sickos:

I love that Copper is realizing that not only was their training shorter than the Demons and not much more than imitation, but the Demons likely loving sent a secret guy off to do it since the start of the season, showing up their efforts again. This is layers of getting owned!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Copper: I swear to God I am hanging up.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tiggum posted:

I assume you can probably just say you don't know who the father is? Seems like that would be difficult to prevent. Fortunately.

In Norway the person who claim to be the father can then take it to the court where the fatherhood is determined.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hostile V posted:

SOME GIZMO

... Locusts and grasshoppers are different species holbrook.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 28, 1960)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
^^^ Val, you better be up to something good...

someone awful. posted:

i don't even like babies but the way she draws the baby in We Are Reproducing is cute as hell

It's the look of sheer glee at the sound of the flushing toilet which does it.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 8, 2023

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Not so fast, my friend! Turns out I love slavery and it's pretty cool to own someone, you're coming with me", he says with no hint of joke or smile. Okay then.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah if this is Val's idea of a joke, it's in pretty fuckin' poor taste. You could've just asked the dude to be your temporary squire so you wouldn't have to do poo poo yourself; he was happy enough about potentially being free he would've done it without complaint.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 19: Maggie's Party Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

When I was 13 or 14 I had a dream of turquoise boots, a very vivid dream. Perhaps that dream was a premonition of drawing this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/7/03

Brenda Starr 1/13/52

Smokey Stover 11/10/57

Everyday Movies 12/10/36

"I'm sure if I was twelve years old, and a boy, I'd enjoy a book like this -- wouldn't you?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/12/42

If you can't read the caption in the last panel: "See next Sunday's cartoon for an amazing revelation."

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 8, 2023