Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MakaVillian posted:

Nancy Kerrigan all kickers unless they can make 60+ yard FGs regularly imo

Suddenly my always draft Justin Tucker strategy pays dividends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Is Keaton Mitchell going to be worth anything going forward? I didn't watch it but it seemed like that was a game where Seattle's defense just never showed up so the Ravens were able to casually run on them all day. Plus the backfield situation is really murky possibly leaving him as the third guy. Then again he is really fast and the other guys there aren't very good to begin with. I'd probably be dropping Christian Watson if I try to get him so not a big loss there I just can't decide if this was a one time thing for Mitchell or if he's going to be the hot hand there now.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

DoctaFun posted:

Am I crazy for thinking about starting Taysom Hill over Kittle this week?

And man, I’m hoping JJ is back this week or I need to pickup another WR or RB this week.

i've got LaPorta and Taysom Hill and I'm unsure about who to start. Good problem to have I guess

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Hassler posted:

i've got LaPorta and Taysom Hill and I'm unsure about who to start. Good problem to have I guess

If I had that problem I would simply start one in TE and the other in my flex

Both of those dudes have been doing better than any of my WRs other than Puka and pre-IR JJ

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I’m 6-3 and 6/12 in my league. Barely in playoff picture. Can I drop Dallas Goedert if I have Taysom Hill? My playoffs are weeks 15-17 and I can probably afford to keep him if he’s likely to do well there.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Cat Hassler posted:

I have them both too! In the goon 20-team league :getin:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

MakaVillian posted:

Nancy Kerrigan all kickers unless they can make 60+ yard FGs regularly imo

I'm actually a psycho who wants to adjust my league's kicker scoring to add decimals so a 55 yarder would be 5.5 points. Kickers are an essential part of real football so they should be in everyone's league imo so we all suffer equally

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Really need 2 kickers to add some value to the position.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Kickers and IDP. Make the league.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would be bigly into a kicker and a punter in fantasy

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Is Keaton Mitchell going to be worth anything going forward? I didn't watch it but it seemed like that was a game where Seattle's defense just never showed up so the Ravens were able to casually run on them all day. Plus the backfield situation is really murky possibly leaving him as the third guy. Then again he is really fast and the other guys there aren't very good to begin with. I'd probably be dropping Christian Watson if I try to get him so not a big loss there I just can't decide if this was a one time thing for Mitchell or if he's going to be the hot hand there now.

The Ravens running game hasn't yet shown signs of riding the hot hand, so much as splitting carries an infinite amount of ways. They get a stupid amount of running TDs, but with the caveat that those are divided between four players seemingly at random. Gus Bus has gotten the early stuff, which gives him a slight edge, but Hill and Mitchell will continue to be crap shoots.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Varg posted:

I'm actually a psycho who wants to adjust my league's kicker scoring to add decimals so a 55 yarder would be 5.5 points. Kickers are an essential part of real football so they should be in everyone's league imo so we all suffer equally

We suggested this in my league but AFAIK there’s no way to set 3 points as the minimum FG scoring. So you’d have to deal with a 12 yard field goal being worth 1.2 points, which seems silly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wonder if there’s a way to do punting yards like passing yards where (at least in yahoo) it’s like 0.04pt/y or something

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

We adjust our kicking to only be -1 on 0-39 yard misses, and 6 points for 60+ yards (ESPN) (edit: looks like the 6 point 60+ yards is standard on ESPN now, huh), it has made this season much more palatable.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I wonder if there’s a way to do punting yards like passing yards where (at least in yahoo) it’s like 0.04pt/y or something

(on ESPN) yes there is custom punting yards among many other things

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
When i am the president of Fantasy Football I'm going to implement clock-dependant scoring.

All scoring will be juiced when there's a minute left in regulation since every play is so much more important - FGs would be worth 6, TDs 10, INTs 4, first downs 2...also kneeldowns wont be penalized with negative rush yards

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Dango Bango posted:

Do what I'm doing and start both :getin:

If only, for some reason our league has an RB/WR specific ‘flex’ slot, can’t put a TE in there.

Which sucks this week cause I have Waddle on bye and don’t know if JJ will be back or not.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
For how worthless TE usually are you should be allowed to put em wherever the gently caress you want.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

So in my 0.5 PPR keeper league I may have the opportunity to trade for Jamar Chase or Cooper Kupp. I'm in 2nd place with this roster:

QB: Goff, Murray
RB: CMC, Mixon, A. Jones
WR: Olave, Nacua, Evans, Nico Collins, Mclaurin
TE: Andrews

The Chase owner is looking for my 1st round pick next year + Olave/Nacua/Collins tier + a 5th-6th round pick next year.

I think the Kupp owner would settle for my 1st next year + Olave/Collins.

I guess I'm asking if Chase is worth that extra midround pick? Oh and I would be getting picks back from both parties, but they would likely be mid to late rounders.

Chase's back might be hosed and who knows what's going on with Stafford so that muddies the waters a bit imo.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Thursday night games add so much fun decision making. Do I drop a solid RB to get a QB to step in for Fields now, hope he starts, or even drop him for a QB? No good answer to that question which is why fantasy is so great.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would be bigly into a kicker and a punter in fantasy

The 20 team league has both now. Thomas Morestead had 14+ points in the game two weeks ago where he punted 11 times or so.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Surprised to wake up to Keaton Mitchell on my bench for $0, figured somebody would throw down a couple bucks.

My team is hosed enough I might consider starting him this week lol on the off chance he’s Achane Lite. Although Browns D and gross time share are not ideal.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I'm in one league with 2 Kickers (and juiced kicker scoring) and I run a league that's special teams only (2 kickers, 2 punters, 2 flex spots that only get return points) :smug:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I loving hate Tony Pollard so much. He's a must-start every week but he hasn't done poo poo, fantasy-wise, since week 1.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I loving hate Tony Pollard so much. He's a must-start every week but he hasn't done poo poo, fantasy-wise, since week 1.

Truth. Every week I see him on my roster, move him to my bench, and then move him back because, well, must-start. :sigh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I’m really tempted to sit him for Najee against the shitass Packers but theoretically he should shred the Giants :sigh:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 8, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Docjowles posted:

Surprised to wake up to Keaton Mitchell on my bench for $0, figured somebody would throw down a couple bucks.

My team is hosed enough I might consider starting him this week lol on the off chance he’s Achane Lite. Although Browns D and gross time share are not ideal.

My choice is Mitchell and Sanders, im going Mitchell and praying Achane is back soon.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If JJ isn’t back this week, do I play Jakobi @ NYJ against their great defense, or do I gamble it all on Goff and Jamo finally being in sync against the chargers?

I could also bench Flowers instead since Lamar hasn’t been passing at all

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Bellmaker posted:

I’m really tempted to sit him for Najee against the shitass Packers but theoretically he should shred the Giants :sigh:

Fellow Pollard owner here and can relate to both of these. I do think he has his get-back game against the Giants though. That's who he shredded in week 1. And the game's in Arlington this time.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Lamar Jackson in RB form. But I guess at least Lamar had a handful of boom weeks.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Someone in one of my leagues bid $100 lol.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If JJ isn’t back this week, do I play Jakobi @ NYJ against their great defense, or do I gamble it all on Goff and Jamo finally being in sync against the chargers?

I could also bench Flowers instead since Lamar hasn’t been passing at all

Meyers

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I drafted him in my two biggest money leagues :negative:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
In my super flex league Fields got dropped, but we have a limit of 3 QB and he shares a bye week with one of my other QB :(. He would replace Lawrence in my lineup, so it feels like a lateral move but also painful to see him as a FA.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fields is available in my league, too. But I think everyone is real worried about his thumb. I mean he wasn't a great passer before he was "unable to grip the ball"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/vikings/status/1722322220981096862?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone offered me Aiyuk and Fields for my Christian Kirk…

I slammed accept.

I feel like even Aiyuk for Kirk straight up would be a win for me…

Am I missing something here?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RCarr posted:

Someone offered me Aiyuk and Fields for my Christian Kirk…

I slammed accept.

I feel like even Aiyuk for Kirk straight up would be a win for me…

Am I missing something here?

Deebo might be back but uhhhhh who cares Aiyuk will still get his

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe they think Kirk is steady and reliable also alternatively maybe they're bad at fantasy football

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

Deebo might be back but uhhhhh who cares Aiyuk will still get his
That’s a steal. Aiyuk is tearing it up in real football; I think it’s only a matter of time until that materializes in fantasy.

I’m considering offering Puka for Aiyuk right now.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I have received an offer in full PPR:

Give:
Keenan Allen

Get:
Bijan
Nico Collins

Arthur Smith has to get fired soon right? My starting rbs are Stevenson and Chuba so not exactly great. God drat falcons :argh:

The guy with Aaron Jones also really wants Keenan so I could go that direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Keenan Allen is automatic but that is real tempting.

But maybe don't listen to me I'm starting DeVito and Kyler this week in superflex