Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Besides, Terrifier is clearly on the level of the Shudder tie-in skins and not someone like Halloween or Scream. I can see Art being a Trapper skin or something, but not carrying an entire patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The answer was right in front of us the whole time.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Scaroused

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Medullah posted:

Yeah I get that Terrifier is the next hot poo poo in horror movies, but I really just don't think he's different enough from Clown to be a new character. In the movies he's "invincible killer clown" and the invincible part wouldn't matter in DBD.
Conditional gun would work well enough.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

Yeah I get that Terrifier is the next hot poo poo in horror movies, but I really just don't think he's different enough from Clown to be a new character. In the movies he's "invincible killer clown" and the invincible part wouldn't matter in DBD.

I mean, these horror figure that shouldn't be able to fought agaisnt are constantly getting bent over by four person with flashlight so...

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I really wish Pyramid head was better. His power telegraphs so easy. His addons are such unbearable trash. He is, on paper, so cool and fun but ultimately he is just frustrating to use as a missed power is SUCH a time sink. Happy to take any and all pyramid head suggestions regarding tactics, play, or builds...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

In spite of the effort to nerf it specifically, he can still get away with the good old "Fake a sword laser and then M1 them". For actually hitting with the lasers I go aura-reading heavy and then try to zap people when they aren't staring at me waiting to dodge

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kwolok posted:

I really wish Pyramid head was better. His power telegraphs so easy. His addons are such unbearable trash. He is, on paper, so cool and fun but ultimately he is just frustrating to use as a missed power is SUCH a time sink. Happy to take any and all pyramid head suggestions regarding tactics, play, or builds...

Funny enough, I just went up against a PH on Nostromo that felt really oppressive even though he was pretty restrained on power usage. If he’d been consistent about committing to chases instead of protecting gens so much he’d have probably had an easy 3-4K instead of a 4-man out.

I don’t remember his full build, but it had Dragon’s Grip and Starstruck, so it was Expose-heavy. I almost wonder if he kept underestimating when the Expose timers were expiring and that’s why he kept breaking off chases.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

DeathChicken posted:

For actually hitting with the lasers I go aura-reading heavy and then try to zap people when they aren't staring at me waiting to dodge

Yeah, Nowhere to Hide is fantastic for this. On any other killer you kick the gen and then go chase off anyone the perk shows you hiding around a corner waiting for you to leave so that they can hop right back onto it, but with Pyramid Head you just insta-snipe them through a wall as long as you're not too obvious about it.

Pyramid Head is also fantastic for catching people going for the unhook, you get to hit the rescuer and put the unhooked survivor into deep wounds at the same time. Save kicking a nearby gen for after you down and hook someone and you can use Nowhere to Hide to sweep the area around the hook. Lethal Pursuer to extend the duration can help with that even more on top of getting you to your first chase immediately.

For strategy beyond that, the only good addons are all just range on the special attack, and don't worry too much about his goo trail other than dropping a splash of it on loops to force a survivor to either leave or take torment.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 8, 2023

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

The answer to how you deal with Chucky’s size is that he’s riding on the back of Jennifer Tilly

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

https://www.ign.com/articles/dead-by-daylights-newest-killer-is-childs-plays-chucky

Chucky confirmed! There's screenshots and a trailer in the article. He is tiny.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
holy poo poo, AND he's gonna be talky, AND we're getting tiffany, AND it's both dourif and tilly doing the lines; nicolas cage walked so the killer dolls could run

this might get me to reinstall for a while

also big loving lol that at least part of his power is that he's so small he can go underneath dropped pallets

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 8, 2023

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The article mentions the spirit of the dude possessing the doll, which I assume means he's going to be carrying/hooking survivors. No way our little man could do it himself.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

https://www.ign.com/articles/dead-by-daylights-newest-killer-is-childs-plays-chucky

Chucky confirmed! There's screenshots and a trailer in the article. He is tiny.

gently caress yes.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
:sickos:

For all the things DbD can be razzed for I love their acquisitions team so much.

CHOAM
Mar 13, 2022

I was honestly a massive unbeliever of chucky being added purely cause I had no idea how he'd even work. So now I am curious how he actually plays and if he's gonna be a huge mixup in terms of how a lot of things are played around

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
With the addition of Chucky we're getting down to the last few big ones.

Jason (Never gonna happen)

Robert Englund Freddy

Candyman (Every freaking update says it is him)

Pretty soon it'll be the likes of Wishmaster or that girl from Urban Legend.

Unless they did my dream and put in their own stylized version of the classics Dracula, Wolfman, Creature of the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein's Monster, The Mummy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Diabetic posted:

Unless they did my dream and put in their own stylized version of the classics Dracula, Wolfman, Creature of the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein's Monster, The Mummy.

The good news is the Creature From the Black Lagoon is sort of in the game with hag's outfit

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

CHOAM posted:

I was honestly a massive unbeliever of chucky being added purely cause I had no idea how he'd even work. So now I am curious how he actually plays and if he's gonna be a huge mixup in terms of how a lot of things are played around

It occurs to me that they're voicing him so they can (also) add enormous audio cues to when he is nearby and spots you for chase, which will be pretty fun. "THERE YA ARE YA BITCH!" Sure there's the rising theme but the punch of voice lines adds a lot as Trickster and Wesker showed.

Wonder if they'll make his footsteps super audible too. The visual confirmation is gonna be a wonderfully appropriate horror-themed nightmare.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

CHOAM posted:

One screenshot makes it look like you play him from third person, which is either just screenshot framing to make the game look cool or a clever way to put the camera at Hag height when the killer only goes up to someone's knees. (Honestly, part of why I'm assuming the latter is because the gen kick animation that's also in the screenshots seems like the worst thing to do in first person.)

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Hopefully otherwise any map with tall grass will be awful. It was bad enough when Blight's camera was messed up and Chucky is even shorter.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Unhappy Meal posted:

Hopefully otherwise any map with tall grass will be awful. It was bad enough when Blight's camera was messed up and Chucky is even shorter.

It might be a trade off type thing. I'm expecting him to never have a terror radius, so the tradeoff of limited visibility might balance that.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

holy poo poo I honestly did not expect Chucky. He has the honor of being so conceptually scary to child me that my cousin just telling me about him without actually mentioning the movie or where he came from had me freaked out for a while.

What a wild world this is.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1722258212886643153?t=OBUU74GPWa2vMnT136F7CA&s=19

Truth or damage control, you decide

The third person view seems reasonable, the way they talk about a human spirit version makes me wonder if you'll be seeing things from the spirit's view and just chasing Chucky around. I would expect that at least some of the Twins code has been ported over for that.

By and by, I've never seen Chucky. Is it worth watching for the first time or is this mostly a nostalgia thing?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

CuddleCryptid posted:

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1722258212886643153?t=OBUU74GPWa2vMnT136F7CA&s=19

Truth or damage control, you decide

The third person view seems reasonable, the way they talk about a human spirit version makes me wonder if you'll be seeing things from the spirit's view and just chasing Chucky around. I would expect that at least some of the Twins code has been ported over for that.

By and by, I've never seen Chucky. Is it worth watching for the first time or is this mostly a nostalgia thing?

I'll say this, the Child's Play movies, and the series itself, all have the same writer, Chucky has had the same narrative voice for over 30 years. It's actually pretty good and interesting but don't expect high cinema.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

To be fair, the PTB is in an hour. It's not exactly a big leak.

Also, I haven't watched them either, but I want to say that the Chucky series is at minimum interesting to watch a reasonably consistent creative team weave through a bunch of different horror-comedy subgenres over the years. Also that the TV series is unironically good.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Follows the classic formula: first one deserves a watch by any horror fan, first 1-3 in the 80s are classic horror pulp of varying quality, gets an edgy update and pumps out a few sequels of much more wildly varying quality that can also be so bad they're entertaining to fans, gets a modern reboot that looks much more polished but still has the rollercoaster highs and lows of quality.

Watch the first and then watch them until you're sick of it, basically.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I only watched the first 3 Child's Play movies, 1 is and remains a classic, 2 is still pretty good, 3 is meh. After that it got kinda nutty with the cults and Tiffany and all that and I lost interest.

The Chucky series is really good, the first season was pretty similar in tone to the original movie, but they've moved more into comedy with S2 and S3, with all the cult characters coming into play.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lurks With Wolves posted:

One screenshot makes it look like you play him from third person, which is either just screenshot framing to make the game look cool or a clever way to put the camera at Hag height when the killer only goes up to someone's knees.

Well that would finally get me to buy a killer cosmetic, at least.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Depends on the Chucky movie. The first three are more or less straight horror movies with a very silly villain. Then there's a big gap of years and the series picks back up going full This Is Nonsense And We Know It ham and cheese. Then there's another gap of years, the series comes back yet again played straight

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

I only watched the first 3 Child's Play movies, 1 is and remains a classic, 2 is still pretty good, 3 is meh. After that it got kinda nutty with the cults and Tiffany and all that and I lost interest.

The Chucky series is really good, the first season was pretty similar in tone to the original movie, but they've moved more into comedy with S2 and S3, with all the cult characters coming into play.

3 is the one they rushed out in nine months, so at minimum it's the creative nadir of the series. Say what you will about 4+, but they have creativity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sites like IGN want to break news, so I highly doubt this was a leak. I imagine BVHR gave them the exclusive.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The first Child’s Play is still legitimately well made and scary, two is the 80s quippy killer ideal, 3 feels like a cash in sequel that still has some good times but is pretty much the low point of the series. Bride then revived the series with a little bit of meta and a whole lot of style, and is followed by the absolutely goddamn incredible and bonkers Seed; after that the franchise goes DTV with the very good and spooky semi-haunted house Curse of Chucky, and then the very weird but still entertaining Cult of Chucky (probably my second least favorite but introduces one of my favorite elements in the entire franchise); the movie franchise then transitions into the frankly incredible tv series which has been firing on all cylinders and is absolute appointment viewing for us with every new episode.

It is a wild, fantastic franchise and exactly what you want a long running series to be in constantly reinventing itself but also being guided by the same creative forces.

Nightmare on Elm Street was one of my favorite horror franchises for a long time but Chucky has easily surpassed it at this point.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

:siren: PTB PATCH NOTES ARE HERE :siren:

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/419

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

HIS POWER IS CALLED HIDEY-HO, GIVE THAT PERSON A RAISE

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Otz is live with all the PTB action.

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva

E:

quote:

Anytime you are stunned or blinded by a Survivor 4/3/2 times, if there is no Hex Totem associated with this Perk, a Dull Totem becomes a Hex Totem. While the Hex Totem stands, Survivors who stun or blind you get blinded for 1.5 seconds.

Well well.

E:

"TAKE THIS, DIPSHIT". Oh my god this owns.

E3: HOLY poo poo THE MORI

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 8, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Watching Scott play around with him and he seems really fun. Being able to chain your dash across windows and pallets is going to be a blast.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Was able to play the PTB this morning and a short rundown

- Game is played from third person, the "spectral friend" regular human mode is the game's contrivance for how Chucky can haul full sized adults around to put them on hooks.
- Hidey-Ho mode charges quickly and depletes quickly. Can scamper over pallets or windows fairly fast, although not as fast as rushed survivor jumps.
- The charge attack is a long charge with around a 45° range of turn adjustment, and you can stab whenever you want in the attack to end it. Normal attacks don't end Hidey-Ho but charge attacks will.
- Charging over a vault-able surface auto-vaults and keeps charging.
- There's only a small cooldown after the charge attack so you can use it to cover ground in chases pretty well.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 8, 2023

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

All his perks seem designed to gently caress over stupid bully squads, that's pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They've "fixed" it so that when a survivor is doing the Cenobite's Lament Configuration, the automatic chains no longer target them. I mean I can get that it was frustrating but still feels like a big nerf.