Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Make the dunk contest good again

The issue I think is really big players don't wanna be a meme if they totally beef it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

morestuff posted:

If they want to slightly improve their team this year, I kind of like Gordon Hayward for Devonte' Graham, Doug McDermott + Charlotte's first rounder that the Spurs own.

Graham's racking up DNP-CD's and is owed $12M next year, Hayward is an obvious upgrade on Doug in every way, the pick is lotto protected the next two drafts and unlikely to convey. Hayward looks healthy this year and is playing well, he'd be a good short-term boost and give them another shot creator, plus he's an expiring w/ the option to re-sign on a more team-friendly deal if they strike out this summer. Hornets get a some needed depth, clear a starting spot for Miller and the flexibility to deal their own picks again if they want
No Gordo no thank you

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Call ice cube and get big3 point zones. Make joe Johnson an all star again

Harlem globetrotters 100 year anniversary is soon, bring in ladders and confetti for the 2026 game

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
revive the east/west rap rivalry, dudes will ball out then

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

runaway pancake posted:

revive the east/west rap rivalry, dudes will ball out then

My name's Jim Harden and I'm here to say

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

DC Murderverse posted:

https://twitter.com/kellyoburner/status/1721588835862409577?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

Just some completely normal unsuspicious Miami basketball fans talking about Bam Adebayo in this video

the tweeter needed to be a little more specific because I can think of a few lies that OJ has told over the last few decades
I was like "Oh did OJ Mayo play for the Heat...?" but then :stare:

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1721662344177086593?s=46

Celtics sure do love to grind players into dust and then ditch them

It was his other knee, not the one with that he had the meniscus surgery with arthroscopic clean up later. I heard he has some underlying Hip Flexor issue or something that probably makes him not move in a balanced enough fashion so he starts favoring parts of his body and gets turf toe, knee surgeries, etc. His popliteal artery entrapment syndrome probably isn't helping.
It sucks he's so fun to watch and such a winning player when used right, but this poo poo keeps happening.

Dejan Bimble posted:

gently caress I guess we see why he was traded for a pack of smokes

Poor dude is jon isaac level brittle
Is Jrue Holliday equated to a pack of smokes :ughh:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My greatest nightmare is the spurs trading for Gordon Hayward AND Tyler Herro. I'd have to get a second for seppuko

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

nikosoft posted:

My name's Jim Harden and I'm here to say

I played with Dwight Howard, he was [a great pairing in the regular season and unjustly left off the all-time NBA top 75 players]

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

LionYeti posted:

The issue I think is really big players don't wanna be a meme if they totally beef it.

They could replace the dunk contest with a Dunk of the Year Awards ceremony to celebrate the sickest dunks of the season so far.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Celtics concealing injury information? Why I never…..

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shear Modulus posted:

The spurs' best player is 19 years old

They were on a back to back too and Wemby looked visibly tired.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Nastiest but most professional gets you the calls
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1721967368346153101

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Didn't the Lakers whine about this last year too only to end up leading the league in ft attempts?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Literally every team submits these clips, it's unclear why it's a story when the Lakers (or Mavs) do it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

Literally every team submits these clips, it's unclear why it's a story when the Lakers (or Mavs) do it.

Because they have PR people who make it a story when they do, I'd wager. They probably guess that putting it out into The Discourse can skew the refs further toward them than just submitting their videos privately would.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kingcobweb posted:

Because they have PR people who make it a story when they do, I'd wager. They probably guess that putting it out into The Discourse can skew the refs further toward them than just submitting their videos privately would.

Oh yeah to be clear the Lakers are 100% complicit in it being a story, Dave McMenamin isn't 100% a mouthpiece but he's not going to do a story that's going to make the Lakers mad very readily.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ChickenMedium posted:

They could replace the dunk contest with a Dunk of the Year Awards ceremony to celebrate the sickest dunks of the season so far.

Just add a dunk of the year award, IMO. Slap a $1,000,000 prize on that puppy and watch the number of comically blown wide open windmill dunks skyrocket.

Good for the viewer, good for the league

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

snyprmag posted:

Didn't the Lakers whine about this last year too only to end up leading the league in ft attempts?

Theyre all the way down in fifth in FT differential this season so they needed to Open a Dialogue

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
When are the Spurs going to leak that they are sending clips? Wemby is getting whacked on the forearm pretty much every shot around the basket (because nobody can reach high enough to block the ball).

In two or three years time when he starts getting the star respect from the refs he's going to average 12 free throws a game.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://streamable.com/cxjx2g

from Amid Elhassan:

quote:

The Culture jerseys… [Miami] are the only one of the City Edition jerseys to be developed in-house. Everyone else, Nike came with (their jerseys).

Originally, it was supposed to just say “Culture.” There was no “HEAT” on it. Apparently, some legal entities representing some of the other franchises intervened. There was a bit of concern about “Wait, you guys can’t own a word.”

the heat marketing department is the worst

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
[edit] nah, not here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 15, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You can’t own a word? LeBron owns Witness

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

temple posted:

Election day

but i didnt even vote. wheres my games

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Why no games today?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Skrill.exe posted:

This but for every regular season game.

do it like the old magic the gathering rules. beginning of the game, one player on each team gets randomly selected. they have to sit out and the team that wins gets to keep both players

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

toggle posted:

Why no games today?

Look one post above yours

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

Ausar Thompson is rebounding the poo poo out of the ball, he is #3 in offensive rebounding this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7dn-0Eozg

He has that basketball sixth sense, in that he just knows where the balls gonna be and has the athleticism and drive to loving GET THERE.I love him so much. I'm sure it annoys other people when we say this but he's a Pistons type of guy.

KurdtLives posted:

Is Jrue Holliday equated to a pack of smokes :ughh:

Oh yeah I forgot the Boston Celtics traded robert williams for Jrue holiday straight up and no one else was involved. gtfo with all that

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://variety.com/lists/link-zelda-movie/

"why the gently caress are you posting that in here aye doc" yeah i'd be asking that too, friend

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Australian Link.

Instead of being a silent protagonist he just calls everyone a c#nt instead.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lockback posted:

Australian Link.

Instead of being a silent protagonist he just calls everyone a c#nt instead.

zeldur

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

He has that basketball sixth sense, in that he just knows where the balls gonna be and has the athleticism and drive to loving GET THERE.I love him so much. I'm sure it annoys other people when we say this but he's a Pistons type of guy.

Oh yeah I forgot the Boston Celtics traded robert williams for Jrue holiday straight up and no one else was involved. gtfo with all that

It was really tough figuring out how the Thompson twins would adapt to the NBA, Overtime Elite is weird and they can’t shoot. Ausar looks like a game changer defensively, hadn’t had the ability to watch Amen but in Summer League he was impressive against the Blazers. I hope they get to play on the same team at some point.

On the second point, the Blazers also got two unprotected picks. Brogdon also has injury history, but was also 6-man of the year. It was a steep price.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Seth Partnow has a column about the Bucks defensive stats

https://theathletic.com/5042553/2023/11/08/milwaukee-bucks-defense-partnow/
ungated https://archive.is/pHN7F

Seems like they've been extremely unlucky on opposing shooters, but their transition defense is a real problem.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Seth fartnow

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

When are the Spurs going to leak that they are sending clips? Wemby is getting whacked on the forearm pretty much every shot around the basket (because nobody can reach high enough to block the ball).

In two or three years time when he starts getting the star respect from the refs he's going to average 12 free throws a game.

The Pels have gotten fined once or twice for publicly saying in a press conference that Zion constantly gets hard fouled with no calls and that hasn't helped things.

e: meanwhile, trae young gets free throws when someone swipes that rat nest that makes up his hair

Kibner fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 8, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If you watch FIBA you'll notice how much the NBA protects the perimeter small guy and how little contact is allowed from bigs. In FIBA those little guys get shut down.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm weird, but I like when supporting player skills are given some light:

https://x.com/bennyburnerchip/status/1722184740311068863?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This was heartwarming to watch:

https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1722067357760184345?s=20

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/anthony_chiang/status/1722291876118647086

these fuckers

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1722318870260670788?s=20

please god no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Taking rebounds from Bam Adebayo? Who does the NBA think they are, Nikola Jokic and Aaron Gordon and sometimes MPJ in the 2023 NBA finals? :smuggo: