Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Would you consider the beard a disability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

do better y'all

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

just remembered that USA released a whole drat press release about Beepie and then NXT went to CW

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

punching down how

I get that its the magic word that makes us the bad guys but what power, what privilege do i have over beepie that I'm exploiting for jokes

Fair - punching down wasn't the correct term. "Bullying" felt too strong so I went went punching down instead. My bad.

Where I'm coming from is the guy is just a harmless dope who's stuck under the shadow of his dad.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Dango Bango posted:

I don't get why BPJ gets piled on so badly here. Yeah, he's not good, but it just seems like a lot of unnecessary punching down.

Well you see BPJ is making half a million dollars for play fighting and he's not even good at it

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

just remembered that USA released a whole drat press release about Beepie and then NXT went to CW

The AI that wrote that must feel like it wasted its time now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Dango Bango posted:

Fair - punching down wasn't the correct term. "Bullying" felt too strong so I went went punching down instead. My bad.

You can just say it's giving you bad vibes, or giving you the ick.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

While his dad was one of my favorites the book “Crazy like a Fox” illuminated what an awful psycho rapist Beepie’s father was, coupled with the abuse he faced from his drug addict mother and stepfathers i feel bad for Beepie and would like him to succeed.

He’s very funny looking and WWE did no favors with that article overhyping that no one except us read. A prototype can become a John Cena, and a Husky Harris can become a Bray Wyatt, so I won’t give up on Beepie, the kid is trying to be better than his upbringing, and he’s had an uphill battle all his life,

That AEW let him go and kept griff garrison is pretty stupid, should have fired both. maybe they did i don’t care enough to google it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beepie Derangement Syndrome is a less reported on condition plaguing our community

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We have to be sent for re-education to the Beepification Camps

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

While his dad was one of my favorites the book “Crazy like a Fox” illuminated what an awful psycho rapist Beepie’s father was, coupled with the abuse he faced from his drug addict mother and stepfathers i feel bad for Beepie and would like him to succeed.

He’s very funny looking and WWE did no favors with that article overhyping that no one except us read. A prototype can become a John Cena, and a Husky Harris can become a Bray Wyatt, so I won’t give up on Beepie, the kid is trying to be better than his upbringing, and he’s had an uphill battle all his life,

That AEW let him go and kept griff garrison is pretty stupid, should have fired both. maybe they did i don’t care enough to google it.

Griff Garrison is doing a milf hunter gimmick in roh now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

anyone over 4ft is punching down on beepie

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Adam Cole is now his only friend

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Sounds pretty bad!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

That storyline might be the worst thing going in wrestling right now. Just godawful poo poo that wouldn't be out of place in the worst TNA years.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It is not the shining star of the show, no. But never mind that. It's only Griff Garrison.

It's interesting the WarGames match is just Judgment Day vs rivals. I thought with all the talk Adam Pearce and Nick Aldis were doing about reigniting the rivalry, they'd do Team Raw vs Team SmackDown for both WarGames matches.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Grem posted:

You can just say it's giving you bad vibes, or giving you the ick.

Nobody should say something is giving them the ick

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Where I'm coming from is the guy is just a harmless dope who's stuck under the shadow of his dad.

How, precisely, is anyone on the Something Awful forums "bullying" him

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dango Bango posted:

Eh, we dunk on him a lot because he's a huge dipshit in real life. That he's also an inconsistent wrestler who halfass pretends to be his dad is just a bonus.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Deffo the combination of how Beepee was the weaker part of a low-card tag team with thinkpieces coming out about how AEW wasted him and WWE will make him a star thanks to all his potential. Then WWE gets him and throws away the recognizable name, and, well, we see the result of giving Beepee focus instead of booking around his glaring weaknesses.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beepie gives me the ick. red flags

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Griff

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
BPJ will be a star. A man with a mind so twisted, and thoughts so impure, is destined for greatness on the CW

**Droning, buzzing noise in background for two hours**

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

When there's no more beepie, the griffs will walk the earth

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Beepie gave me the ick, also known as the office

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s the icky

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

E: never mind, asked and answered.

Instead I'll just say lol at that promo.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Grem posted:

Well you see BPJ is making half a million dollars for play fighting and he's not even good at it

lmao no he's not

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did bpj have many Indy bookings before AEW? I feel like spending some time in that environment would have helped him refine himself in terms of who he wants to be, along with a move set. Apart from Cody, WWE has jumped the gun on rolling out ex -AEW wrestlers into the public consciousness. BP would have been better served to working on NXT lvlup where he could hone his skills in front of a more intimate WWE audience but on a platform where his faults wouldn’t be so public as nxt lvl up isn’t easy to find, if you aren’t looking for it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Beepie brings me lots of joy in a Bo Dallas way. If they could somehow make his lameness the point of the gimmick without having him openly acknowledge it, maybe it could work.

https://x.com/raion74_/status/1722236050649825518?s=46&t=1FRptO5vGEty0-VRhdEreA

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

stab posted:

lmao no he's not

WWE is so cheap that Beepie Lex Is King and Jade have to share a throne for their appearances

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I feel like I’ve seen this thumbnail before but for some reason it said something about a step-son or step-mom? I forget

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Tato posted:

Beepie brings me lots of joy in a Bo Dallas way. If they could somehow make his lameness the point of the gimmick without having him openly acknowledge it, maybe it could work.

https://x.com/raion74_/status/1722236050649825518?s=46&t=1FRptO5vGEty0-VRhdEreA

Please do not bully this man

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

TV Zombie posted:

Did bpj have many Indy bookings before AEW? I feel like spending some time in that environment would have helped him refine himself in terms of who he wants to be, along with a move set. Apart from Cody, WWE has jumped the gun on rolling out ex -AEW wrestlers into the public consciousness. BP would have been better served to working on NXT lvlup where he could hone his skills in front of a more intimate WWE audience but on a platform where his faults wouldn’t be so public as nxt lvl up isn’t easy to find, if you aren’t looking for it.

He was working for MLW when AEW started booking him, and he worked indies before that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

first time wearing his big boy jacket. that's never happened to you? unlikely

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Per Cagematch, he worked around 100-150 matches before AEW started using him regularly, and he'd been on tv as part of a new attempt at a Hart Foundation with Teddy Hart and Harry Smith in mlw

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
a smol beep

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Beepie is like if Klaus Kinski had a son who is kind of blandly douchy but got a huge push to star in the seventh Pirates of the Carribbean sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Echoing that I don't really care about BPJ one way or the other but he was mid as gently caress in every single AEW segment/match he had and the way WWE hyped him like he was the greatest free agent signing in the history of professional wrestling and the way their weird stans were talking him like he was this generations Randy Orton because both entities are so desperate to run victory laps every time they get even the smallest win over AEW makes it extremely hilarious every time he comes out and continues to suck.