Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

0konner posted:

Alex was back today. His vacays keep getting shorter

I thought he might actually stay away until Owen was out.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

0konner posted:

Alex was back today. His vacays keep getting shorter

well that was extremely anti-climactic i guess

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Alex Jones absolutely knows of Knowledge Fight and their whole deal because his crew of chicken poo poo dumbasses were so scared of being made fun of that he had to cut a check to Brittany Paz.

But I do like to think that's how he learned about KF.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Another thing to keep in mind is something discovered from the Sandy Hook investigation: there is a rough structure to the seniority of content at InfoWars. Alex didn't really do a whole lot of Sandy Hook denialism at first, but David Knight and Rob Dew were going all-in on it. Only once Alex saw they were doing numbers did he start doing any of it himself.

Even interacting with QAnon followed this same pattern. David Knight was actually doing interviews with the pre-Watkins-era major figures of Q, and used IW's reach to help popularize it outside of 4Chan. Alex didn't start caring about QAnon until it was too late to have any influence over it.

He left engaging with KF as a topic to his peons to see how it would go before trying it himself. It's just that Harrison Smith is bad at his job. (It might even be more tragic than that; if Harrison Smith did anything actually good, Alex would just steal it from him, reverting Harrison back to his "natural" state of being an incompetent broadcaster.)

It is entirely possible KF is brought up on IW a lot; but we just don't know because the non-Alex people are the ones doing it. ... and who cares about them?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Alex et al definitely know about Knowledge Fight, but I doubt they would mention it on air because they don’t want to lose listeners by pointing them to a podcast dedicated to debunking Alex and showing what a piece of poo poo liar he is. If the listener leaves the IW ecosphere, Alex loses control of the message and more importantly that’s one less wallet for him to hit up to ‘defend liberty’ by buying brain pills at an insane markup.

It’s the same reason he never encouraged his listeners to watch his SH trials or his testimony in court. He doesn’t want them to learn the truth, coincidentally, about how his beet juice pills cost $6.99 to buy and get marked up to $49.99. Or that he made about $100k a week while going off about SH and pleading poverty on air every day.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex is savvy enough to know that no good (for him at least) can come from acknowledging that he knows that the podcast exists. He's not gonna mention them unless he's having a meltdown while shitfaced.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Watched more from Tuesday turns out he was in studio just for like the first hour to talk to Steven crowder and plug mug club more then he threw it to guest hosts immediately after.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Alex sure says he's sick a lot.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Froghammer posted:

Alex is savvy enough to know that no good (for him at least) can come from acknowledging that he knows that the podcast exists. He's not gonna mention them unless he's having a meltdown while shitfaced.

I am kinda surprised there hasn’t been a shitfaced meltdown yet though

Maybe now that the bankruptcy court told him “lol no”

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

rotinaj posted:

I am kinda surprised there hasn’t been a shitfaced meltdown yet though

Maybe now that the bankruptcy court told him “lol no”

I wonder if one of his lawyers was smart enough to take him out after the bankruptcy decision, get him really drunk, and just let him rant somewhere quiet and private to try to burn off that energy.

Why yes, I have had to handle narcissistic people.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
How much longer is it until the bankruptcy court begins rolling down his pay? FSS might very well be a single-talent business, and Alex might be worthy of a salary based on the responsibility that entails, but latent within both is the assumption that Alex will actually bother to show up for work. How much longer until they realize they are paying him for a job he's not even bothering to do?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I did really appreciate Alex putting an obviously specific employee (anonymously) on blast live on air after his little sad rant, for coming to work late or whatever

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

All this banjo chat is just mocking me.

I remember, Jordan! The banjoes won’t forgive you!

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Grand Fromage posted:

Alex sure says he's sick a lot.

If only there were some supplements he could take

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Legal Eagle talked about the recent bankruptcy judgement

https://youtu.be/fHAA9tV8M28?si=-lN2Oa_OSJ63do4k

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Is Dan doing a bit or did he literally think Alex talking about Big Bend the park was referring to big ben the London clock tower?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Listening to older Alex and some of the space weirdos created this building need in me to play Deus Ex again, so I bought it the other week for a dollar and it's still great.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mauser posted:

Listening to older Alex and some of the space weirdos created this building need in me to play Deus Ex again, so I bought it the other week for a dollar and it's still great.

Is the game stable on modern hardware?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This is the first time I can recall listening to the Plandemic lady speak and she's terrifying

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
As someone who works in the lab sciences, Mikovits is loving appalling

She reminds me vocally of one of my colleagues but said colleague is way fuckin’ smarter than me, so hearing this lady babble about god’s immunity is like nails on a chalkboard

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

0konner posted:

Is Dan doing a bit or did he literally think Alex talking about Big Bend the park was referring to big ben the London clock tower?

I think Dan probably had Big Ben on the brain from the recent episode when he covered Alex visiting Big Ben and claiming that lots of people came up to praise him.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

TerminalSaint posted:

I think Dan probably had Big Ben on the brain from the recent episode when he covered Alex visiting Big Ben and claiming that lots of people came up to praise him.

They also made jokes about Big Ben and Big Bend as part of that.

I haven't finished today's ep, but there is in fact an established bit that he could be referencing.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

What are the odds that Alex is sitting there listening to that lady and thinking in the back of his mind "this woman is absolutely a loving nut but people buy this poo poo so let's roll i guess"

I know the question of "where does Alex's lying begin and end" is completely irrelevant when he uses it make money and harm other people either way, but god drat if it's not one of the most baffling question ever posed by man

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

BigRed0427 posted:

Is the game stable on modern hardware?

Seems fine messing around on liberty Island.

smashthestate

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Color Printer posted:

What are the odds that Alex is sitting there listening to that lady and thinking in the back of his mind "this woman is absolutely a loving nut but people buy this poo poo so let's roll i guess"

I know the question of "where does Alex's lying begin and end" is completely irrelevant when he uses it make money and harm other people either way, but god drat if it's not one of the most baffling question ever posed by man

Being anti-vax is probably one of Alex's actual "legitimate" beliefs given how often and repeatedly he got infected by coronavirus.

You also need to consider how she forms her rhetoric. "You don't need science or medicine; you're already perfect. Just look at how handsome and in-gods-image you are! How dare those ignorant scientists and doctors imply otherwise!" It is 100% designed to appeal to a vain and lazy jerk like Alex.

One has to wonder how much his NPD factors into it. He's never going to listen to any doctor's advice unless that doctor manages to convince Alex that the sound medical advice in question was his own bright idea in the first place. ... unfortunately, that trick will only work for two seconds before Alex stream-of-consciousness-es himself into another bad idea.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Yeah see I posted that at the beginning of that segment because it did seem like he was kinda stunned a little bit by what she was saying but trying to pretend he wasn't, but as it went on I realized "never mind, they are absolutely on the exact same page". Agree with Dan though: she sounds loving terrifying

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There are definitely times he seems to have someone on whose level of crazy is high even by his standards and he just lets 'em rip while he eats a sandwich or gets a "coffee".

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alex quit again on Friday this time in a studio with all the screen-walls blacked out. I think it might be legit attrition with the crew. Honestly I’ve watched a lot of raw infowars because of this podcast, this is the first time I will actively recommend anyone in this thread should go to banned dot video and watch the Friday show.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

0konner posted:

Alex quit again on Friday this time in a studio with all the screen-walls blacked out. I think it might be legit attrition with the crew. Honestly I’ve watched a lot of raw infowars because of this podcast, this is the first time I will actively recommend anyone in this thread should go to banned dot video and watch the Friday show.

For the whole show or just a specific portion?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Yeah it’d take a lot for me to actually watch an unadulterated AJ show…

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Morter posted:

For the whole show or just a specific portion?

I’m an hour in i wouldn’t skip any part yet.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
As much as I love this podcast I cannot bring myself to raw dog InfoWars

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Well look forward to the clip of when Alex openly says encountering a trans person made him throw up in front of a big strong cop and also says he ordered his security to bring him to the liquor store for a bottle of vodka he finished “in ten minutes” right afterward.

Edit: am still watching after I posted this he’s going on a morose bit about being a B minus father.

0konner fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 11, 2023

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, I went to Banned.video and first off this site is impossibly cluttered and oh god does Alex Jones look like poo poo.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
That intro promo shot of him doing the "you got one!" bit seems like a thousand years ago. Alex looks so different now.

If anyone else is going on this journey, be sure to skip past the Bevis and Butthead atrocity.

Edit: I tried but couldn't stick with it. Gonna have to wait for Dan to do the thing.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 11, 2023

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The one time I went to watch Infowars was during the trial and nevermind Alex, just half an hour of the adverts/informercials made me want to die.

Hard pass.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Does anyone know of a supercut or a place to go for all the best koments from the trials. Not just Alex and Co being dipshits but the plantiffs making their points about how Info Wars works to a jury?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I’ve started reading Dan’s various swanky new writing projects.

1) Pretty good. Him being solo works really well on the page and he’s a decent writer.

2) It is impossible to not imagine him just saying it as you read it. Try. You can’t.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Xiahou Dun posted:

2) It is impossible to not imagine him just saying it as you read it. Try. You can’t.

Yup! It may as well be an audiobook(and I almost wish he would really read it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Dan has prepared a presentation for every show, so we’re all already acquainted with his writing. I said a while back he should release a curated collection of his episode scripts as a book.