Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Got really lucky, already had Collei and Beidou at C6 but managed to get Furina to C2 and Charlotte to C6 along with a surprise Mika (didn't have him at all) for just 231 rolls. Won every 50/50 on the way. Don't normally go for constellations but Furina's just too drat fun and I want an excuse to play her in pretty much every team conceivable.

All in all, for the one and only time I've ever been as extravagant as to pull for constellations it's gone really well. I've still got around 240 wishes in stock too so I should be good to get the rest of the Fontaine 5* as they come out since I have a lot of unclaimed primos in stuff I haven't done in the open world yet.

Really excited to see just how much C2 Furina shreds.

Tree Reformat posted:

I have absolutely no idea what weapon Furina wants that isn't her signature or Festering Desire (which I do not have). Do I just fall back on good ol' Sac Sword or something?

The pipe you can get for fishing in Fontaine is her next best f2p option and is pretty much Festering Desire but a bit worse as far as Furina's concerned. Favonius is also a viable option in teams where her ER requirements are unreasonably high (IE 200%+)

RareAcumen posted:

So, once again I wasn't paying attention: Furina =Marechausse Hunter? Charlotte= Blizzard Strayer or Maiden Beloved?

Not sure about Charlotte yet, but Furina definitely wants Golden Troupe. Marechausse doesn't trigger if you're not on field and pretty much all of her damage comes from her skill. It's a no-brainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Got my C6 Collei, C2 Charlotte, and Furina, alongside some actually useful 4* weapons.
Then I did two 10-pulls on the weapon banner and got Furina's sword.

just get lucky, lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Furina and 2 Colletes in 20 wishes. No photo journalist but good enough to stop there I think.

Blowing everything on Navia when she comes out.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Huh, Beidou's new demo is a legit Taser team. That's pretty nifty. Makes her look way better than Baizhu's jank-rear end Baizhu/Lisa/Xingqiu/No-4th Hyperbloom(???) setup, or even the weird National variant they gave Furina.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That was a looong archon quest. It should have been 3.

I also wonder how many people furina’s pets are gonna kill in multiplayer. They still drain hp?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

ninjoatse.cx posted:

That was a looong archon quest. It should have been 3.

I also wonder how many people furina’s pets are gonna kill in multiplayer. They still drain hp?
I wonder how many people it will kill just because people jump off a cliff and have the water walking on

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Genshin keeping their tradition of having the worst skill descriptions ever by continually making them more and more obfuscated. Furina's elemental skill isn't even that complicated but holy poo poo they sure make it sound confusing with :words: :umberto: :honk:

What does Furina's burst do? I still haven't figured that part out. She gets bonus meter when party members gain/lose HP% and the meter does hydro damage at the end of her burst duration? So the timing you can't control and she's just as likely to do pop her damage on nothing because there are no enemies around. Does her burst do anything actually useful?

Vaxan
Dec 25, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Genshin keeping their tradition of having the worst skill descriptions ever by continually making them more and more obfuscated. Furina's elemental skill isn't even that complicated but holy poo poo they sure make it sound confusing with :words: :umberto: :honk:

What does Furina's burst do? I still haven't figured that part out. She gets bonus meter when party members gain/lose HP% and the meter does hydro damage at the end of her burst duration? So the timing you can't control and she's just as likely to do pop her damage on nothing because there are no enemies around. Does her burst do anything actually useful?

It gives the team the dmg% buffs from the hp gain/loss stacks.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the burst does damage at the start and continuously increases a stacking buff of all of your team's damage and incoming healing as they gain and lose HP during the burst

the indicator is just there to let you know when you've reached certain milestones in the amount of stacks obtained

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

her burst is a giant damage% buff to the whole team, the damage it does is only at the start and basically irrelevant.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i was more confused about charlotte's passive talent but i guess it references a gadget that isn't in the game yet

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Her buff is flat out crazy. 50% dmg bonus to your entire team for 18 seconds if you plan around it. It requires a lot of ER if she's solo hydro though.

If I'm understanding her A4 I think she wants HP cup over hydro cup.

In general her gameplay is basically non-existent even by off field support standards but she's such a build around that I'm enjoying regardless.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

No Wave posted:

Her buff is flat out crazy. 50% dmg bonus to your entire team for 18 seconds if you plan around it. It requires a lot of ER if she's solo hydro though.

If I'm understanding her A4 I think she wants HP cup over hydro cup.

In general her gameplay is basically non-existent even by off field support standards but she's such a build around that I'm enjoying regardless.
Where do you get that number? Is the burst damage buff 100x what the in-game skill description says the buff is? The description says "Fanfare to DMG Increase Conversion Ratio (%)" I assume it's a multiplier and not a % because the translators are still confused about what percentages are.

Genshin made the same mistake with Kazuha's A4 saying he buffs the party with 0.04% of Kazuha's total EM when it's actually 4% (e.g. 4% of 1000 EM Kazuha = +40% elemental dmg bonus)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

% buffs like that are inexplicably worded as if the damage you're doing counts as '1.' They're incredibly bad at wording things but at least it's consistent.

So the inexplicable math is

Damage = 1

Fanfare max = 300

Conversion at talent level 10 = 0.25% of Fanfare

0.25 of 300 = 0.75

Damage = 1 + 0.75???????

75% damage increase???

But it's pretty hard to max out her stacks, so the average is closer to 50%.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

UHD posted:

i was more confused about charlotte's passive talent but i guess it references a gadget that isn't in the game yet
Think it just lets you take pictures with the Kamera/Special Kamera

e: the special feature is literally just a zoom

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 8, 2023

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

Think it just lets you take pictures with the Kamera/Special Kamera

e: the special feature is literally just a zoom

:cheersdoge:

i'll take a zoom over yet another "x materials back after crafting y thing" or the like

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

Where do you get that number? Is the burst damage buff 100x what the in-game skill description says the buff is? The description says "Fanfare to DMG Increase Conversion Ratio (%)" I assume it's a multiplier and not a % because the translators are still confused about what percentages are.

Genshin made the same mistake with Kazuha's A4 saying he buffs the party with 0.04% of Kazuha's total EM when it's actually 4% (e.g. 4% of 1000 EM Kazuha = +40% elemental dmg bonus)
.25% dmg buff per fanfare stack. The standard rotation will be furina Q -> burst heal (jean, barbara, etc). Furina drains your party to 50% hp so if your whole party is 50% the burst heal will be 200 stacks instantly, then climbing to 75% as she drains your party over the next 20 seconds then you do it again.

Kazuha's A4 currently reads as follows:

quote:

Upon triggering a Swirl reaction, Kaedehara Kazuha will grant all party members a 0.04% Elemental DMG Bonus to the element absorbed by Swirl for every point of Elemental Mastery he has for 8s. Bonuses for different elements obtained through this method can co-exist.
And this is accurate, .04% * 1000 = 40%.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 8, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This doesn't speak well of me, but the new boss being called a tulpa makes me think of those weirdos who kept trying to manifest My Little Pony characters with the power of their minds.

I know it's a legit concept in Buddhism, but that's how I first of heard of it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

And Furina isn't a weirdo who is trying to manifest a pony with the power of her mind?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
At first, I had a lot of trouble keeping track of which stance Furina was in when she didn't have her pets out, but after looking at it for a minute, I noticed it changes her skill icon

Now, hours later, I've noticed that it also dramatically changes the colours on her outfit and her hairstyle. I'm dumb.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Social media is spoiler city for a lot of things atm. It's the algorithm's fault mainly it seems, but nevertheless be forewarned.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Does anyone know how to unlock the map for east Fontaine (where Furina’s collectibles are)? I got the statue on the south side, but I don’t see a statue to discover for the middle and north of east Fontaine, and that is the area for Furina mats. (Edit: nvm I am an idiot. There’s an “available” bubble covering up the statue on the map if anyone else has the same issue)

Also I am curious if it’s just me but are all of these devices in Fontaine exploration annoying to anyone else? Every minute it’s some new tutorial pop up about some map mechanic - like just let me chill and explore please. I miss just being able to walk around without all of this nonsense complicating things for no reason. It’s weird that they’re afraid to increase difficulty or give other endgame combat modes but they will absolutely litter the new map with busywork when they’re apparently concerned about stressing out players. Maybe people like it though, and I’m the outlier.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Puzzle mechanics that are inherent to the map are better than elemental requirements that you have to switch your team around for or gadgets like Sorush.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

drat it turns out I'm 23 rolls from the guarantee Furina

Hopefully she comes sooner rather than later. I'm no gems.

e: wait do I have her on guarantee? i...dont remmber

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 8, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

rio posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock the map for east Fontaine (where Furina’s collectibles are)? I got the statue on the south side, but I don’t see a statue to discover for the middle and north of east Fontaine, and that is the area for Furina mats. (Edit: nvm I am an idiot. There’s an “available” bubble covering up the statue on the map if anyone else has the same issue)

Also I am curious if it’s just me but are all of these devices in Fontaine exploration annoying to anyone else? Every minute it’s some new tutorial pop up about some map mechanic - like just let me chill and explore please. I miss just being able to walk around without all of this nonsense complicating things for no reason. It’s weird that they’re afraid to increase difficulty or give other endgame combat modes but they will absolutely litter the new map with busywork when they’re apparently concerned about stressing out players. Maybe people like it though, and I’m the outlier.
New mechanics in new regions is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Iunno why Fontaine exploration would be your breaking point. The gimmicks are all very self-explanatory and easy compared to how convoluted Sumeru or Inazuma stuff got. Fontaine's way easier and way more fun to explore.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I did see all the new stuff and generally try to avoid it, mostly so I could get tutorials when I'm actually going to engage with those puzzles. The only one that annoyed me was the pillar stuff just because it was the single thing I accidentally triggered tutorial for without getting hands-on. Not a huge fan of the bubble/octopus push puzzles in terms of the mechanic but they aren't like, difficult. Killing corrupted stuff with the octopus beam does feel really satisfying though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm behind and wow Prison sure is taking a long time

I just started Act IV so I think maybe it'll speed up now though

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

I'm generally a fan of exploring the recent areas, and the new zone I dabbled in a bit last night is no exception. But I do think the tutorials this time were a bit much. In a half hour of running around, it wouldn't surprise me if I got 15 tutorials. And maybe two of them actually required some explanation. The mechanics were all fine, but less pop up explanations would be nice. More Breath of the Wild, less Kingdom Hearts 3, please.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Not having an actual numerical stack counter or icon for Fanfare is incredibly irritating. More irritating than the stuff it puts on the screen, actually, that poo poo's fine just let me have a buff icon with a number on it this isn't hard.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They really dislike providing useful information like that in the UI for some reason (shield HP counter where?). I blame phones, in that a good chunk of screen elements are gonna be covered by hands/fingers because phones/touchscreens as an action gaming platform are garbage.

Considering running Charlotte with 2pc ESF and 2pc ATK% instead of a 4pc set due to her scaling and only healing via burst until C6, so she wants to spam it as often as possible.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

these are some really miserable rolls :sigh:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It would be so trivially easy to add buff icons or meters that I feel like it must be an intentional design decision for that kind of information to be obfuscated. Like how there's no damage log.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

There are generally tells for mechanics, like eula and neuville's cloaks lighting up when they're fully stacked etc. For Furina's burst the little dudes popping up at the bottom seem to be signalling something about stack count, although I'm not sure exactly which thresholds they do it at.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's weird that they seem simultaneously terrified of giving the players information like that but also make the skill descriptions so insanely overwrought and confusing. LIke if the skill description was 'Furina increases the team's damage when their health goes up or down!' id get it but,

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

hit button posted:

There are generally tells for mechanics, like eula and neuville's cloaks lighting up when they're fully stacked etc. For Furina's burst the little dudes popping up at the bottom seem to be signalling something about stack count, although I'm not sure exactly which thresholds they do it at.

They pop up every 100 stacks IIRC.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

In the course of my 35 or some odd pulls so far I've gotten 2 Beidous (now C6!) and C1 Charlotte, not bad so far. We'll see what else I get by the time Baizhu shows up.

Charlotte seems handy? Pretty good off-field cryo application which is something we've sort of lacked for awhile (I guess Layla also has good off-field Cryo? I don't own her so idk).

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This doesn't speak well of me, but the new boss being called a tulpa makes me think of those weirdos who kept trying to manifest My Little Pony characters with the power of their minds.

I know it's a legit concept in Buddhism, but that's how I first of heard of it.

May I recommend Twin Peaks: The Return? That was my instant thought.

Got my first lucky 5 star, landed Furina before Charlotte, feels weird to keep pulling for a 4 star

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Nah, Rosaria and Kaeya have always been good off field options tho Kaeya really wants his C6 to pump up the damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I see they introduced a Goth colored Melusine.

60 primo from another 10 roll, but wanted a break. God I am bouncing hard off of Honkai SR though, it just dropped on PS5, and I can feel how far behind I am. I wonder if that's how it would feel to run face first into this game.