Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

RandolphCarter posted:

neat, I thought that came out tomorrow

unpacked and ready to go baby. just gotta get past this pesky job situation

this doesn't explain how he gets them up on the hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

loquacius posted:

Every time a discussion of the N64 controller's design comes up I will gladly take the opportunity to repost this shot from The Sopranos of James Gandolfini taking his best guess at how you were supposed to hold that thing and not bothering to glance over to take a cue from how Robert Iler was doing it

It made sense once you got used to it -- they weren't all-in on the analog stick and wanted to hedge their bets a little -- but it was completely baffling the first time you saw it.

with his gigantic meat hooks that thing must have been impossible to hold comfortably, like the first time you pick up an nes controller as an adult

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I always assumed aj just courteously rebound accelerate to z for tony

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Buck Wildman posted:

unpacked and ready to go baby. just gotta get past this pesky job situation

this doesn't explain how he gets them up on the hook

He will pin them to the floor with a knife

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Buck Wildman posted:

I always assumed aj just courteously rebound accelerate to z for tony

At that point he still doesn't realize his dad is a mob boss but could just tell, somehow, that he would be more comfortable holding the controller like a pistol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

He will pin them to the floor with a knife

I was kinda hoping he got Tiffany to carry the bodies for him or something lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the game im playing also has kiryu in it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

I was kinda hoping he got Tiffany to carry the bodies for him or something lol

I'm making stuff up

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm making stuff up

me too

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

the game im playing also has kiryu in it

I'm fizzling out in chapter 3. I'm good against dodge builds (like kiryu) but the block heavy builds and the no defense strength builds are... a bit less guaranteed. I feel like I gotta huff the Slime Melange buff for every single fight.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm fizzling out in chapter 3. I'm good against dodge builds (like kiryu) but the block heavy builds and the no defense strength builds are... a bit less guaranteed. I feel like I gotta huff the Slime Melange buff for every single fight.

so far strength was the way to go, im absolutely wrecking my way up the ladder because it gives you ways of handily beating all three styles by simply tanking and punching harder to break their defenses. you might consider a respec (spoon kid under bridge)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the fight in the Murder Tribunal in Baldur's Gate 3 was absolutely brutal, first thing that's taken me like a dozen tries to beat. I ended up getting lucky and Karlach inflicted Paralyze on Sarevok which allowed me to Crit him like 4 times in a row with Shadowheart spells and my pallie's DIVINE SMITE otherwise that self-heal mechanic WITH all the other buffs he has? Brutal.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Are you excited yet?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the fight in the Murder Tribunal in Baldur's Gate 3 was absolutely brutal, first thing that's taken me like a dozen tries to beat. I ended up getting lucky and Karlach inflicted Paralyze on Sarevok which allowed me to Crit him like 4 times in a row with Shadowheart spells and my pallie's DIVINE SMITE otherwise that self-heal mechanic WITH all the other buffs he has? Brutal.

I must've gotten lucky because I just crushed it in two rounds but I hear everyone saying this. even I was kinda surprised at what an anticlimax it was for me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

I must've gotten lucky because I just crushed it in two rounds but I hear everyone saying this. even I was kinda surprised at what an anticlimax it was for me

what level were your GUYS

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

picked up the Stronghold re-release yesterday. Played the poo poo out of that game when i was a wee lad and its incredibly nostalgic to hear the same cheesy voice lines again

game looks gorgeous too, love the art style of all the maps

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

what level were your GUYS

p sure they were 12 by that point, it was one of the last things I did

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that checks out, I did it at level 10 lol

look the game told me to solve a murder so i dropped everything to do so because I'm a Paladin (God Cop)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

that checks out, I did it at level 10 lol

initiative is the be all end all in that game, I was able to go first with everyone and just popped the brides to keep him unbuffed, then pasted him on the second round with my heavy hitters while my tank and a backup handled the knights in the other direction

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm at the point where I wanna go back and restart my dark urge run but I gotta focus on the unfinished games in front of me first, plus gaiden ofc

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

initiative is the be all end all in that game, I was able to go first with everyone and just popped the brides to keep him unbuffed, then pasted him on the second round with my heavy hitters while my tank and a backup handled the knights in the other direction

wanna hear something funny?

you can avoid fighting the knights altogether if you just close the doors on your way in. after you kill Sarevok, they're all just dead outside the door.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol I didn't know that

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

picked up the Stronghold re-release yesterday.

that's cool they're keeping the series alive. I want an updated/modern version of the og TSR Stronghold game from the early 90s

was an extremely badass game.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Doors are the games greatest weapon

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

wanna hear something funny?

you can avoid fighting the knights altogether if you just close the doors on your way in. after you kill Sarevok, they're all just dead outside the door.

You can also just kill them before the fight like I did because hey, free XP

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah but you don't know how funny it was for me to be pumped for battle, open those doors back up and just be like "oh..."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it doesn't surprise me in the least that I am the most honorable combatant itt

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
There's a big fight near the end of Act Two when you storm Moonrise with the Harpers where two groups of enemies are separated by a big set of doors. And half my strategy in that fight was just having someone near the door so they could keep shutting it and prevent any ranged spells or arrows from being cast

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1722278805644157263

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

There's a big fight near the end of Act Two when you storm Moonrise with the Harpers where two groups of enemies are separated by a big set of doors. And half my strategy in that fight was just having someone near the door so they could keep shutting it and prevent any ranged spells or arrows from being cast

that was one of my favorite fights in the game because it's just a big open area you can salt the earth with your casters

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

that was one of my favorite fights in the game because it's just a big open area you can salt the earth with your casters

Yeah i had fun time replaying that one a couple times and seeing how many Harpers I could keep alive

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm sorry hoots but i just can't endorse this kind of behavior

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

i'm sorry hoots but i just can't endorse this kind of behavior

He played for 36 hours straight

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Poggers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Many people are saying this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pomegranate, orange, mango

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

He played for 36 hours straight

it's nothing personal, but that guy is the face of fortnite, and i hate his face

glad ur enjoying it tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

workshopping a joke that combines kazuma kiryu and kramer's quest for hentai

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Agreed Lebron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Started Signalis which has a good vibe so far even if I'm strapping in for a boilerplate "evil communist dystopia...in SPACE" setting. There's a nice blend of influences between the lo-fi Alien aesthetic, the Silent Hill 2 save points, the Silent Hill 1 music during combat, the Jill Valentine walk/run animations, etc.
Anyone whose takeaway from the game is that it depicts an "evil communist dystopia" is a liberal. A true communist would just let all that subtext bounce off their brain and focus on the tragedy of this society getting corrupted by anti-materialist reality.

Al! posted:

workshopping a joke that combines kazuma kiryu and kramer's quest for hentai
I feel like this is already a Yakuza side story.