Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

its a big tent party, you can't expect 100% of democrats to agree. remember, we support and elect anti-choice democrats even after the fall of roe, after all.

so you just need to work harder at winning primary races for your cause!

what?? im as leftist as they come, but this plan is crazy

we can't risk trying to nominate leftists to win these formerly republican districts! only anti-choice or pro-genocide candidates can win those districts! you're just too naive.

you should be thankful that we're getting a candidate who agrees with you 20% of the way instead of wasting time and effort primarying them and risking republicans win. thank goodness anyone who primaries a sitting conservative democrat will get blacklisted by the party, as they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

mags posted:

that’s disingenuous sometimes they gently caress up and win

wow thats weird

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i want a small tent, please. this one's too big.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I would like to be swaddled by a tent.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

pencilhands posted:

what would they do if 100% of congress was democrats

suck off Israel at peak efficiency

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

what?? im as leftist as they come, but this plan is crazy

we can't risk trying to nominate leftists to win these formerly republican districts! only anti-choice or pro-genocide candidates can win those districts! you're just too naive.

you should be thankful that we're getting a candidate who agrees with you 20% of the way instead of wasting time and effort primarying them and risking republicans win. thank goodness anyone who primaries a sitting conservative democrat will get blacklisted by the party, as they should.

i too remember my personalities dissociating

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

pencilhands posted:

51% of them would be Joe Manchins and Krysten Sinemas.

There's always enough obstruction to keep the Democrats from doing something useful or good, we've just got to try harder next time.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

pencilhands posted:

they would defect to becoming Republicans before that ever happened

there's always a Reserve Army of Conservatives

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

its weird we got a democratic governor and a >90% supermajority in congress in massachusetts and she just keeps trying to pass tax cuts

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/What46HasDone/status/1722272110599663708

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

uh okay?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

me, personally, even though I get a yearly raise it has been outpaced by inflation pretty strongly so as a matter of fact I would enjoy having 2019 prices with my 2019 wage

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

uh okay?

Everyone wants things to be better, but no one wants things to be worse.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

yeah im pretty sure if i had both 2019 prices and wages back i would be way better off

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
All the democrats are good for is triangulating the world into a shittier position.

Nixon was awful, but wasn't super anti-private sector union, so Carter decided to triangulate on unions and thought that being super anti-union would let democrats keep the south. oops

Reagan and HW Bush weren't super pro-Israel, so Clinton saw a chance to triangulate on Israel and secure the hawkish vote. oops

Clinton saw Reagan be open to immigration and decided to go hard anti-immigration, much like Obama did when it looked like W Bush was open to immigration reform. oops.

Democrats' go to move is "we've given republicans everything that they said they needed, why do they ask for more and not give us credit for betraying all our constituencies?"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

has anyone come up with any evidence whatsoever that the media is driving these negative feelings about the economy? because all i ever see is every major media outlet praising the economy. do they mean the media talking about polls showing that people are unhappy with the economy? cause even then it's always paired with this messaging about how wacky the poll results are considering that the economy is in fact doing great.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

has anyone come up with any evidence whatsoever that the media is driving these negative feelings about the economy? because all i ever see is every major media outlet praising the economy. do they mean the media talking about polls showing that people are unhappy with the economy? cause even then it's always paired with this messaging about how wacky the poll results are considering that the economy is in fact doing great.

yes, two sexless dweebs said so on X, the everything application

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

CHYNA!!!

:freep: China is feeding Gen Z spooky inscrutable disinformation via TikTok making them think the economy is bad :freep:

this is what liberals like Will Stancil actually believe

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

People who make a living either as communication consultants or as mouthpieces for the democratic party think that the problem is a communication issue and that therefore they should get more money to do their jobs. It's as simple as that. Any look at data beyond simplistic "gdp per capita" type bullshit shows a very lovely economy.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

work back from first principles:

1. the economy is strong and doing awesome

2. people therefor must experience a strong and awesome economy in their daily lives

3. but people think the economy is bad

4. this negative feeling about the economy can't have come from their lived experiences, see #2. it must have come from elsewhere

5. the only other place people get information from is the media, traditional or social.

6. ergo, it is the media causing people to think the economy is bad.

now we can have a debate amongst reasonable people if the answer is "china via tiktok" or "republicans controlling mainstream media" but the fundamental conclusion is that it is the media.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
disaffected Republican voters

lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

disaffected Republican voters

lmao

*hog sounds*

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a senile rapist saying, 'someone should do something about this' - forever

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

docbeard posted:

Everyone wants things to be better, but no one wants to be best.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Liberals looking at the polling and rolling up their sleeves. There's scolding to do!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SixteenShells posted:

i want a small tent, please. this one's too big.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

my wages were higher in 2019

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why isn't the Media reporting all the good news coming from Iraq?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

my wages were higher in 2019

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

Those are democrat-issued talking points issued to media, aka "narratives." They are literally reading off bullet points distributed to them by the WH & biden campaign.

So no, there's no evidence that it's anything but the battle between "narratives" and voters' lying eyes.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

now listen jack im supporting and aiding genocide what more do you want

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

at least in 2019 I had wages

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is complete nonsense because inflation means your wages in 2023 are now worse than they were in 2019 relative to the price of things you need to buy with those wages

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

docbeard posted:

So few understand this

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

docbeard posted:

Listen fat, best we can do is make things worse for you but better for the people who give us lots of money. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good, just be happy that things are improving for someone at least, don't keep making it about you.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is complete nonsense because inflation means your wages in 2023 are now worse than they were in 2019 relative to the price of things you need to buy with those wages

i mean yeah the guys a worthless dipshit

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

the_steve posted:

Listen fat, best we can do is make things worse for you but better for the people who give us lots of money. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good, just be happy that things are improving for someone at least, don't keep making it about you.

On the contrary, I will unite with the perfect to destroy the good

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Everybody wants me to do a good job, but what if I want to do a terrible job instead???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Everybody wants me to do a good job, but what if I want to do a terrible job instead???

:elon: Concerning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I can’t stand Gluensenkamp Perez, just a soulless horror of a human being. I’m in her TV market and had to see a loving ton of her in 2022 and I assume it’ll be equally flooded with money and horse race coverage in 2024

Just a vile person but kind of perfect for her district too

Hey, a lot of people are soulless horrors and its good they have representation