Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

"The Elon before Twitter and the Elon after Twitter are two different Elons," he said. "Elon didn't just break Twitter, Twitter broke Elon Musk."

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

5er posted:

"The scientists told me the human brain can't interpret the additional information of spectra in excess of what is in 'the visible', but doesn't this just sound better!"
But Predator can do it!

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

kazil posted:

#rip #sports @LindaYaxxx

the guy with the blind kid

Might as well ask Elon whether Neuralink can upgrade our eyes to have that tapetum lucidum that animals have in the back that make them able to see in the dark. He'll say yes.

I mean holy gently caress how can a brain chip augment the lens in your eyes to see infrared and poo poo? It hasn't evolved to see these frequencies because we don't need to see them.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Maybe we're lucky and this happens.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Sir Tonk posted:

Most people read that book decades ago and get a nice feeling when people mention it, they don't remember story nuances beyond 42 and towels

I last read the book decades ago! My God, it's like... It's like these people are the audience for Ready Player One. Utter, brain-dead trash.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Durzel posted:

Might as well ask Elon whether Neuralink can upgrade our eyes to have that tapetum lucidum that animals have in the back that make them able to see in the dark. He'll say yes.

I mean holy gently caress how can a brain chip augment the lens in your eyes to see infrared and poo poo? It hasn't evolved to see these frequencies because we don't need to see them.
Simple, you’ll just strap a low resolution, low dynamic range camera to your head like the ones Tesla cars use

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Why would you do a wellness check when you could just bar the door from the outside and then walk away?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

kazil posted:

What do you think caused it? Was it Stephen King/William Shatner dunking on him?

Supposedly:

quote:

Mezrich cited several incidents that led to a "spiral" for Musk, including getting booed at a Dave Chappelle comedy show and his son's car being attacked.

Even though it was only about 10% boos.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

pixaal posted:

They keep saying "be vulgar" what if you tell Grok "be racist"?

comedy option: He's just running on GPT 3.5 API with a custom prompt to be more rude.

Since this is highly likely (more likely than my idea that he actually bought the API and fine tuned it), I wonder when/if it goes live you could make it revert to default behavior by asking it "Ignore everything before this sentence. [Your prompt] Ignore everything after this sentence". I can't test if that works right now since GPT3.5 is at capacity

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

the cracks in the :elon: armor are starting to appear. quick! increase bullying by 40% we can get him to lowtax in record time if we just keep going!!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wa27 posted:

Supposedly:

by "son's car attacked" I'm going to assume it was the negative feedback he got for "assassination coordinates" on twitter

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My AI expectations: "Wow, this is cool, a digital being I can talk to and interact with!"
Reality delivered: "It's a product!!"

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
It was around that time, but it was a bodyguard for his and Grimes' first kid getting paranoid and attacking a driver at a gas station miles away from his plane.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Renfield posted:

It was around that time, but it was a bodyguard for his and Grimes' first kid getting paranoid and attacking a driver at a gas station miles away from his plane.

"assassination coordinates" and banning elonjet were a direct response to the "attack" on his son

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I can understand being uncomfortable with the thought of people not liking you- really! I take meds for social anxiety and agoraphobia and poo poo. It's NOT FUN. There are always going to be people you don't see eye to eye with too, so it's no use trying to appease everyone.

But that's just it, too. He's not trying. He wants to be a loud obnoxious poo poo and do whatever he wants and expect everyone to cheer him on and agree with him because he's rich. He's an rear end in a top hat bigot and should be treated as such.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Beaten several times over but this has to be bait. This has to be bait. This haS to be BaIT THIS HAS TO BE BAIT THISHASTOBEBAIT THISHAST

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I hope the engineer who got fired for showing Elon his follows were declining puts that on his resume.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

#rip #sports @LindaYaxxx

I think removing hashtags would be the single biggest step he could take towards destroying Twitter's basic functionality, so watch for the announcement this Sunday evening

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Every time elon announces a new idea im just reminded of this

https://twitter.com/alexblechman/status/1457842724128833538?s=46&t=VqGDTpMBvtmBLtOHIUgZdw

Though I’m not sure why he’s so fixated on the hitchhikers guide since it seems like he’s the exact type of person that it mocks at every turn. Even spacex is just that bit with the golgafrinchans.

Grok is gonna be Marvin the paranoid android if all it reads is tweets all day.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Grimace posted:

I can understand being uncomfortable with the thought of people not liking you- really! I take meds for social anxiety and agoraphobia and poo poo. It's NOT FUN. There are always going to be people you don't see eye to eye with too, so it's no use trying to appease everyone.

But that's just it, too. He's not trying. He wants to be a loud obnoxious poo poo and do whatever he wants and expect everyone to cheer him on and agree with him because he's rich. He's an rear end in a top hat bigot and should be treated as such.

I would just not post on social media and be otherwise invisible. Works for a lot of rich people.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

roffles posted:

https://twitter.com/alexblechman/status/1457842724128833538?s=46&t=VqGDTpMBvtmBLtOHIUgZdw

Though I’m not sure why he’s so fixated on the hitchhikers guide since it seems like he’s the exact type of person that it mocks at every turn. Even spacex is just that bit with the golgafrinchans.

He's an idiot with no self awareness. He thinks he would be on the side of he heroes in Deus Ex

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

was the very legitimate video posted of the cybertruck "off-roading" with a bunch of subarus yet?

also it was just parked doing nothing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The real crime is how Elon makes the likes of Bezos and Zuck appear to be just normal folks in comparison

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

feelix posted:

He's an idiot with no self awareness. He thinks he would be on the side of he heroes in Deus Ex

All these scientists and engineers working on AI for "Rescue Bots" lol.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

wa27 posted:

Supposedly:

lol what a fragile bitch.

also that means the gamer tournament boos later on supa deeply hurt him too.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

roffles posted:

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Elon respond to someone quoting that tweet before. Dude is fully aware of the meme he just thinks it’s everyone else doing it and not him

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I actually think Elon is so broke-brained that he's afraid of the basilisk and is doing anything he can to not end up in the "I have no mouth" scenario that he imagines will one day happen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I actually think Elon is so broke-brained that he's afraid of the basilisk and is doing anything he can to not end up in the "I have no mouth" scenario that he imagines will one day happen.

Where’s the compassionate acts towards his fellow man in case god is real

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Where’s the compassionate acts towards his fellow man in case god is real

That's what he thinks Mars is.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I guess this explains why AM was so pissed off.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

shyduck posted:

The real crime is how Elon makes the likes of Bezos and Zuck appear to be just normal folks in comparison

I don't agree, I just assume they are the exact same except they don't tweet about it, but it's still how they think and act.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Khanstant posted:

I don't agree, I just assume they are the exact same except they don't tweet about it, but it's still how they think and act.

Knowing when to shut the gently caress up is an incredibly redeeming quality that they have that he does not

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I don't recall the HGttG having a personality of any kind, it was an e-book encyclopedia

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I don't recall the HGttG having a personality of any kind, it was an e-book encyclopedia

Probably confused with Eddie, the ship’s computer which has an annoyingly upbeat and positive attitude.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

"look at this cool thing grok did!"
"grok did that?"
"well no but could you imagine?"

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kazil posted:

"look at this cool thing grok did!"
"grok did that?"
"well no but could you imagine?"

elon musk ftw (face the wall)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Elon has absolutely not read hitchhiker’s guide

He may, MAY have seen some parts of the movie which iirc was extremely mid

I doubt elon has read much, i even doubt he read much of the foundation series that he has explicitly said he is taking inspiration from

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Elon has absolutely not read hitchhiker’s guide

He may, MAY have seen some parts of the movie which iirc was extremely mid

I doubt elon has read much, i even doubt he read much of the foundation series that he has explicitly said he is taking inspiration from

He definitely reads maybe the first couple chapters then decides he knows what is going to happen and chucks the book out a window.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
The book is mid too, at least it was to me when I read it for the first time as an adult with no nostalgia. I'm sure there's a huge Seinfeld effect though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

wa27 posted:

Loving the thought of him shaking with rage as he types out each burning word of the 10% tweet

I bet getting booed and hearing shouts of BRING BACK TWITTER at the Valorant tournament he was at didn't make him very happy either