Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Alan Smithee posted:

it's not about the physical yacht

it's about the state of mind. AKA The Implication

you go to Apefest, there isn't a yacht. But the implication is still there.

It's literally just a bunch of techbros and lovely nerds LARPing what they think rich people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Quotey posted:

i'm actually satoshi nakamoto

:mods:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I hate every ape i can't see

because of UV-A to UV-C

https://i.imgur.com/Q3do986.mp4

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

I hate every ape i can't see

because of UV-A to UV-C

Ah holy poo poo wow

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The cool thing about UV-C is that you can plug the tubes in either way round

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I want to see the arc

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Dabir posted:

The cool thing about UV-C is that you can plug the tubes in either way round

That's every fluorescent tube.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

it's a USB-C joke

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Late Fees posted:

it's a USB-C joke

:cripes:

Gandalf the Rich
Nov 8, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 8, 2023

Gandalf the Rich
Nov 8, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gandalf the Rich
Nov 8, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Oh man, Trump's testimony on Monday, last night the Repubs ate poo poo in almost every way imaginable, and Seraph has re-regged twice after a lovely absence! Truly the god of :lol:s smileth upon us this week.

Gandalf the Rich
Nov 8, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gandalf the Rich
Nov 8, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Because buttcoiners are media illiterate, love to pair the name of someone who explicitly rejects earthly riches and power with...earthly riches, jerking off to power that is illusory and at best transitory.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Dayum looks like someone's apes got slurped!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
amazing how seraph can't even just post normally a few times to build up some kind of cover

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The guy must be filthy rich on buttcoins right now since crypto is so great and legit, why would he even bother to come here try to convince some goons

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

gonna cross post this here cause the guy lost a lot on bitcoin, but also I bet this guy is seraph irl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QgDx0RIWY8
also this is a legit look into what real apes are all about : being the worst.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

The guy must be filthy rich on buttcoins right now since crypto is so great and legit, why would he even bother to come here try to convince some goons

JK Rowling syndrome.

You have more money than most humans who ever existed can even imagine and can pay for a lifetime of extravagant pleasures, but all you want to do is drive yourself into emotional meltdowns arguing with random nobodies on a lovely free website. Or maybe one that costs $10.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 8, 2023

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Forum usernames can't be duplicates can they? And they cost $10. poo poo, a forums account is a prehistoric NFT really.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Forum usernames can't be duplicates can they? And they cost $10. poo poo, a forums account is a prehistoric NFT really.

No, a prehistoric NFT would be me selling a slip of paper, on which is written "SA forums user syntaxfunction".

e: I suppose I would also have to work hard to convince everyone that this proves the buyer owns your avatar, too.

cruft fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 8, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
oh no, i missed another Seraph metldown.

buttcoin

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tango alpha delta posted:

oh no, i missed another Seraph metldown.

buttcoin
All my eyes gone

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

cruft posted:

No, a prehistoric NFT would be me selling a slip of paper, on which is written "SA forums user syntaxfunction".
Surely the first NFT is that drat rock with 'peace on earth' written on it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My favorite NFTs were those pieces of toast whose burn patterns looked like Christ.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

I hate coming into this thread and being owned by a string of removed seraph posts

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

SettingSun posted:

My favorite NFTs were those pieces of toast whose burn patterns looked like Christ.

Hmmm. Communion wafers kind of are like NFTs.

• A thing that refers to another thing
  • Unless you've been indoctrinated, you would not understand that it actually is the other thing
  • Requires a special process to become the other thing
  • The undoctrinated, due to not understanding the thing, can make innocent mistakes that royally piss people off

For those who don't know, communion wafers are a type of cracker. When a priest does a ritual on the cracker, depending on your denomination, the cracker becomes the literal flesh of Christ. If you spit it out, or put it in your pocket instead of eating it, it is a tremendous loving deal.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
nice cannibalism cult you've got there

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Weren't there a bunch of NFT people all butthurt about "right-clicking" images? Like, someone might innocently do it, not even realizing they were committing a sacrilegious act, just like that girl at UCF who pocketed the Host (blessed cracker) and got death threats from Catholics.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

the people who created nfts: 10/10 scammers, cracker jack job being a con artist

the people who bought nfts: didn't even know you could freely copy any digital image

apes are the perfect marks.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol https://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2023/06/01/preventing-desecration-of-the-eucharist/

quote:

satan-worshippers are ever on the lookout for ways to obtain a consecrated Host, so that they can desecrate It in their satanic ceremonies

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bitcoins are made by devil-worshippers from desecrated Hosts?

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

LifeSunDeath posted:

the people who created nfts: 10/10 scammers, cracker jack job being a con artist

the people who bought nfts: didn't even know you could freely copy any digital image

apes are the perfect marks.
I've been mulling over the BAYC business since the roasted eyeballs and came to a similar conclusion. They sold urls for money, they sought out to create a sense of exclusivity among the buyers and an idea of membership to hold conventions and sell merchandise to folks using their terrible art and it looks like they've done exactly that. NFTs are dumb, the art is stupid and it's all vaporware but they cashed in and got extremely lucky with their timing.

I also went down the whole secret nazi rabbit hole. People are free to believe but they want but it looks like complete BS to me. The allegations were made by a guy who sold copycat apes (ugh) who was successfully sued by the BAYC team. Their rebuttal is here: https://medium.com/@team_69582/a-letter-from-the-founders-678e5a3431e7

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I've been mulling over the BAYC business since the roasted eyeballs and came to a similar conclusion. They sold urls for money, they sought out to create a sense of exclusivity among the buyers and an idea of membership to hold conventions and sell merchandise to folks using their terrible art and it looks like they've done exactly that. NFTs are dumb, the art is stupid and it's all vaporware but they cashed in and got extremely lucky with their timing.

I also went down the whole secret nazi rabbit hole. People are free to believe but they want but it looks like complete BS to me. The allegations were made by a guy who sold copycat apes (ugh) who was successfully sued by the BAYC team. Their rebuttal is here: https://medium.com/@team_69582/a-letter-from-the-founders-678e5a3431e7

Yeah that whole thing posted early about "Yuga" read like a crazy person trying to connect threads.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Did seraph’s posts get deleted or was he SOS posting because he went blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Did seraph’s posts get deleted or was he SOS posting because he went blind

He probably can't afford to go to a Yuga Labs festival.