Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I'm actually amazed the Ohio democratic party didn't try to hold onto this till next year to get Sherrod Brown voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
abortion is an easy win for Dems which is why Biden's team wont shut the gently caress up about Bidenomics and you getting hosed on your groceries just slightly less this month

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The question will be if the legislature is going to mess with it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

abortion is an easy win for Dems which is why Biden's team wont shut the gently caress up about Bidenomics and you getting hosed on your groceries just slightly less this month

Joseph Robinette tried to charge me $24 for a dozen wings this weekend

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

I can already hear them workshopping an inalienable absolute to right to abortion at any time before the father pulls out

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oh no, the Republican grand plan of a 15-week abortion ban tested by polling didn't carry the state

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1722072374718169538?t=lH8jNT-xzKuEfPY2lpHeGA&s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can’t wait to see Glenn Youngkin’s dumbass vest end up in the trash heap of history

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't know that they can since it's a constitutional amendment not just a ballot intiative.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Glenn Youngkin looks like if Ted Cruz and Brett Kavanaugh had a kid who grew up to be a Wal⭑Mart greeter.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Tiny Timbs posted:

Can’t wait to see Glenn Youngkin’s dumbass vest end up in the trash heap of history

woops, tried to do a transphobe and lost

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1722068033890291727?t=CiH6KUQA6_fKyWDT2Cr-Jw&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Flikken posted:

I don't know that they can since it's a constitutional amendment not just a ballot intiative.

I thought I saw something earlier that the GOP may try to put it back on the ballot next year but would only have like 6 months to make it happen.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought I saw something earlier that the GOP may try to put it back on the ballot next year but would only have like 6 months to make it happen.

I doubt that's a winning strategy for them.

....MS governor race doesn't seem to be going well, sadly.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Way to go, Ohio!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

OddObserver posted:

The biggest D counties haven't reported yet.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

OddObserver posted:

Take the 'L' and move the gently caress on

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Flikken posted:

Take the 'L' and move the gently caress on

Not gonna happen. It's one of the things the party identity is based around at this point. Maybe if the party wasn't being run by true believers I guess, but we're way past that.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The biggest D counties haven't reported yet.

Not going by the numbers but by the differentials from last race Dave Wasserman has been posting.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

OddObserver posted:

Yes, but the GOP.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
woops

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1722100965174628693?t=Q7gh5dFvsk5H_OK83Oabaw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1722105171684016601?t=vGPp9tIllE6JiDxewt7pMw&s=19

The Republican base wants non-stop wars on abortion and transpeople and it's more or less making them lose across the board.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
I live in VA. Richmond especially has a well motivated and organized trans community that took it real personal when youngkin got elected. But I know the county and congress-critter district I live in is so red that my vote is basically just a protest.

Goddamn is it nice to see them eat poo poo election-wise. I cast my ballot at the county courthouse last week.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

woops

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1722100965174628693?t=Q7gh5dFvsk5H_OK83Oabaw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1722105171684016601?t=vGPp9tIllE6JiDxewt7pMw&s=19

The Republican base wants non-stop wars on abortion and transpeople and it's more or less making them lose across the board.

lmao hell yeah. They were playing those lovely transphobic ads on radio stations around DC and they were just loving bad. Governor Diet Trump can get fuuuuuuuuucked.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

woops

Eat poo poo, nerds.

Big lol at Youngkin's presidential ambitions going up in a mushroom cloud.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
youngkin eating poo poo is a particular delight and additionally kinda funny because he'd been pointed at as a model for republicans to imitate after his success with the culture war poo poo he ran on

lowkey i think republicans are bleeding centrists votes to dems and are loving their own election chances in competitive areas as long as that goes on. conversely republicans ever actually pivoting back towards the center would get a ton of those people back voting r, but also there's pretty much zero meaningful republican push in that direction and the people who would've pushed for that keep announcing that they're not seeking re-election

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 8, 2023

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Not to mention the horde of hooting morons who would see any step back from the cliff as a tacit admission of defeat to the "horrors of wokeism".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Herstory Begins Now posted:

youngkin eating poo poo is a particular delight and additionally kinda funny because he'd been pointed at as a model for republicans to imitate after his success with the culture war poo poo he ran on

lowkey i think republicans are bleeding centrists votes to dems and are loving their own election chances in competitive areas as long as that goes on. conversely republicans ever actually pivoting back towards the center would get a ton of those people back voting r, but also there's pretty much zero meaningful republican push in that direction and the people who would've pushed for that keep announcing that they're not seeking re-election

What's preventing Youngkin from pulling the "I'm the victim because I lost while FIGHTING FOR YOU! They're not after me THEY'RE AFTER YOU!" stuff a lot in response to this loss? That's the ratcheting trap they've stuck their leg in with an increasingly radicalized fascist base, and seems to normally be the response from R politicians trying to save their own skin. Republicans seem to do best when they're denied any actual responsibility and have the freedom to throw their dirty diapers everywhere in constant tantrums then blame the other party for all this poo poo smeared on the walls. Having the two chambers against him means he has the option to go screaming full fascist to the base while at the exact same time dodging all the obvious lovely outcomes of his rhetoric by having the other side block it all. Full disclaimer that I don't live there so probably wrong on something, just going off what I see. Republicans don't seem to get punished until they catch the car then ban Roe v Wade and stuff like that.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It doesn't hurt that reliable republican voters are literally killing themselves with their refusal to wear masks or take a covid vaccine.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Youngkin's entire brand is MAGA wrapped in the sweater vest of decorum. He could go full mask off but then he's just another DeSantis type with no means of distinguishing himself from the other brain wormed nutjobs.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It doesn't hurt that reliable republican voters are literally killing themselves with their refusal to wear masks or take a covid vaccine.

Are they really at this point? Nation wide its a handful of people a day die from covid. Its far from the situation a few years ago.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Not in large enough numbers, anymore. . .

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
there's still plenty of ways Republicans can win elections, mostly to do with gerrymandering, election fraud and turning down the volume on the loud part. except, they can't do the last one because thats the base that brought most of them to power. they want the culture war, the war on abortion, the transpanic. if you dont give it to them they'll find someone who will.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bird food bathtub posted:

What's preventing Youngkin from pulling the "I'm the victim because I lost while FIGHTING FOR YOU! They're not after me THEY'RE AFTER YOU!" stuff a lot in response to this loss? That's the ratcheting trap they've stuck their leg in with an increasingly radicalized fascist base, and seems to normally be the response from R politicians trying to save their own skin.

Nothing is preventing that, but it's not gaining them the votes they need. Republicans have put themselves into a spot where they can't win a primary without going as far right as possible but it's causing them to bleed voters in the actual election. Republicans should be cleaning up in local/state elections but they're struggling because they've gone off the deep end with abortion, election conspiracies, and outright fascism. They aren't done as a party by any stretch of the imagination but they're very much dysfunctional and eating themselves and it's actually hurting them in elections and it's not going to stop happening because the true believers are running the show.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

I read this like 'hispanic' and thought I had just learned a new way to inclusively refer to trans people that was less clunky than 'trans people' and then I read it the right way.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Fortunately for the GOP, Democrats have joined them in spurning vaccines.

Only seventeen percent of the U.S. population received the bivalent booster through early May, when data collection was halted by the end of the public health emergency.

Pfizer’s estimate for uptake of this year’s XBB.1.5 round is eighteen percent.

kill me now posted:

Are they really at this point? Nation wide its a handful of people a day die from covid. Its far from the situation a few years ago.

It’s still in the hundreds per day, but that’s not really enough to move the electoral needle even if they were all of one party, and they are not.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Our pediatrician didn’t even bother stocking the COVID vaccine and refuses to order it so it was genuinely difficult to get our infant vaccinated

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiny Timbs posted:

Our pediatrician didn’t even bother stocking the COVID vaccine and refuses to order it so it was genuinely difficult to get our infant vaccinated

It doesn’t help that official recommendations are that children under five years of age receive the same brand this year that they were previously vaccinated with. Even the pediatricians who do stock the vaccine don’t want to double their inventory and double their losses. And the chain pharmacies have never wanted to vaccinate kids.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/interim-considerations-us.html#Interchangeability posted:

Children ages 6 months–4 years should receive all doses of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine from the same manufacturer (i.e., homologous dosing); this includes children who are moderately or severely immunocompromised and those who are not.

Technically there’s an “out” here, but it took a couple of months for it to be issued, it’s not adjacent to the above paragraph, and providers may still be hesitant.

quote:

COVID-19 vaccine doses from the same manufacturer should be administered whenever recommended. In the following circumstances, an age-appropriate COVID-19 vaccine from a different manufacturer may be administered:

• Same vaccine not available at the vaccination site at the time of the clinic visit
  • Previous dose unknown
  • Person would otherwise not receive a recommended vaccine dose

CDC ought to take a lesson in communication from the American Academy of Pediatrics.

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-n...sked-questions/ posted:

Can you “mix and match” vaccine products for one child?

“Mix and match” dosing is allowed for children 5 years of age and older. Children 6 months – 4 years of age who previously completed a primary series with one brand may switch to a different brand when receiving an updated dose, if the brand used for the primary series is not readily available on the day of vaccination. Whenever possible, use the same brand for all recommended doses in a primary series for children 6 months – 4 years of age. If not possible, use of another brand is acceptable.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It’s still in the hundreds per day, but that’s not really enough to move the electoral needle even if they were all of one party, and they are not.

A congressional district has about 710k people, turnout for midterms is like 30%, and there were 10 seats decided by less than 1% in 2022 - Boebert won by less than 600 votes for example. It’s marginal for sure but it’s a non-negligible impact even outside of strict party lines because of the outsize impact on older populations (which are in turn more heavily republican).

The excess deaths of the last few years aren’t going to change a presidential election (directly), but some smaller and local races could have gone in another direction.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Same here, the pediatrician would have to order what amounts to a bulk shipment of a vaccine that does not keep for very long and has nowhere near the amount of patients to give it to. The pharmacy's wont vaccinate a kid under 3 years old in this state at least either.

There no real avenue to get a 6mo-2 year and 11month vaccinated that I've been able to find

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I suspect some folks here may have opinions:
https://twitter.com/halbritz/status/1722331487553352086#m
https://twitter.com/halbritz/status/1722333800208761272#m

Boston globe has an article (pay walled), so this looks legit:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/11/08/metro/brothel-bust-boston/

Edit: CNN article: https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/politics/high-end-brothel-network-arrests/index.html

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 8, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
"So where I can swipe my GTC, baby?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re bringing a new meaning to “GFE”.