Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
TBF Raleigh1 and Raleigh3 don't have this spike. Another lone mystery covid shitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Doesn't look like Cue has any more "soon to expire" tests on sale, fortunately Aptitude Metrix is now available on their website without signing up for the waitlist so I just ordered with them. They're way cheaper than Cue so I'm happy.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Doesn't look like Cue has any more "soon to expire" tests on sale, fortunately Aptitude Metrix is now available on their website without signing up for the waitlist so I just ordered with them. They're way cheaper than Cue so I'm happy.

the metrix tests are pretty enjoyable if you can divorce why you're using them from the satisfying swab snap + shake + glowing lights sequence.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my kids fourth grade teacher is out all week with Covid and the school can't source a substitute so he gets shuffled around to other classrooms.

this, you should know, has always happened. in fact it happened to you your entire childhood!

also you’re lying and that could never happen here to my family and children we have a good school and community!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Steve Yun posted:

Bored Ape (the NFT people) had a convention where they used UV lights thinking they were black lights. They were using 254nm uv

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1721602536225091716?s=46

Big Clive did a video on this. He thinks it was the lights in that weird little bathroom seating area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlfLthx89E

Also today I tried to drop some stuff off at the local thrift stores and they're still so overwhelmed with donations that if you don't make it within 30 minutes of opening they're full and stop accepting anything. Weird wonder what's up

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I got my moth juice today :toot:

Seems pretty easy to find in my area. I ended up getting it at a publix.

adebisi lives has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Nov 8, 2023

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
The unmasked movers left five hours ago. I had three masked friends helping me unpack until about two hours ago. Every window and exterior door in the house has been open all day, and I've run a Corsi cube in each room, in turn, for an hour (I only have two cubes, so only two rooms at a time. They're 20x25, 3M 2200 series, though).

I can probably take my mask off, yes?

EDIT that the furnace fan has also been running all day with a brand new MERV 13 filter.

Hungry Squirrel has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Nov 8, 2023

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

tuyop posted:

this, you should know, has always happened. in fact it happened to you your entire childhood!

also you’re lying and that could never happen here to my family and children we have a good school and community!

meanwhile they're shutting down schools in the area to stem the bleed of a $130m shortfall so it's just gonna get worse.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
1 hour of open window cube rippin is what I go with, but that’s just based on hunches and vibes

also I learned you should close off central ac vents if you care about contamination. roommate got headaches from the driveway gas leak even though their window and door were closed all day. or maybe the window was drafty. I dunno

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

Hungry Squirrel posted:

The unmasked movers left five hours ago. I had three masked friends helping me unpack until about two hours ago. Every window and exterior door in the house has been open all day, and I've run a Corsi cube in each room, in turn, for an hour (I only have two cubes, so only two rooms at a time. They're 20x25, 3M 2200 series, though).

I can probably take my mask off, yes?

EDIT that the furnace fan has also been running all day with a brand new MERV 13 filter.

yeah you’re fine

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Insanite posted:

just got pre-k enrollment fliers from my city

10 months until no precautions i take matter wooooohooooooo

I'll probably jinx myself but here goes: we're 10 months into two different preschools for a combined 5 days a week, mask off during lunch & snack, public transit both ways. I've never heard my baby cough from sickness.

I credit dumb luck, flo-mask & nose spray 3x a day.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Washington State's Respiratory Illness Dashboard.

Weekly update on recent emergency room (ER) visits, new hospitalizations, total inpatients, deaths, and confirmed positives highlighting changes due to backfill. These are cobbled together from reports published by Washington's Healthcare, Emergency, and Logistics Tracking Hub (WA HEALTH), Washington Disease Reporting System (WDRS), Washington Health and Life Event System (WHALES) which can all be downloaded from the dashboard linked above. Additional information was gathered from CDC's Weekly Trends and HHS' Hospital Capacity by State and Hospital Capacity by Facility reports. All of these reports use the standardized Sunday-Saturday week definition.

Columns with a bright bar are the new additions for this week's report. Darker columns are from previous reports. An outlined column is where previously established numbers have been reduced with this week's report. Ex: Last week reported 250 hospitalizations for the week of Oct-15, this week reported only 225 hospitalizations for the week of Oct-15, there will be an outline on the column for Oct-15 extending from 250 to 225 to show the count recently lowered by 25.

Positive clinical cases (tests administered at CLIA certified or CLIA waived labs) as reported by healthcare facility. Positive home tests reported to the state were retroactively removed from the official counts earlier this year. Reinfections are only counted when equal to or greater than 90 days since prior recorded infection unless both samples were sequenced and found to be different subvariants.

pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:
week of:    4wk ago  3wk ago  2wk ago  1wk ago  This week	Total:
Oct 29            -        -        -        -    + 1,903       1,903
Oct 22            -        -        -    1,772       + 90       1,862
Oct 15            -        -    2,089      132       + 36       2,257
Oct 08            -    2,483      242       27       + 16       2,768
Oct 01        2,918      376       42       18       + 11       3,365
Rest of '23     218      307       78       13       + 43     115,265

Emergency Visits with confirmed COVID-19 in Washington state facilities calculated by applying the state's % of Emergency Visits due to COVID-19 to the HHS' reporting of ED visits due to all causes. The HHS report with ED visits updates the Friday after the state's report, so the most recent week shown is an estimate based on the averaged totals of the past three weeks of ED visits combined with the state actual Emergency Visits ratio. Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
ED Visits      Changes in Recent Counts:
Oct 29            -        -        -        -      + 715         715
Oct 22            -        -        -      725       + 24         749
Oct 15            -        -      828       47          -         875
Oct 08            -    1,027       62       52          -       1,141
Oct 01        1,190      103        8        -          -       1,301
Rest of '23 -24,662        -       35        -          -      37,244

New hospital admissions in Washington state facilities with laboratory confirmed COVID-19 as reported by the state and HHS. The HHS report with new admissions updates the Friday after the state's report, so the most recent week shown is an estimate based on the averaged totals of the past three weeks of new admissions combined with the state actual hospitalization ratio. Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
Hosp. Admissions      Changes in Recent Counts:
Oct 29            -        -        -        -      + 295         295
Oct 22            -        -        -      231        + 1         232
Oct 15            -        -      361      -70          -         291
Oct 08            -      372        1      -10          -         363
Oct 01          362       -3        -        -          -         359
Rest of '23      51        -        -      -15          -      10,677

Total occupied inpatient beds used in Washington state facilities with diagnostic codes for COVID-19 (U07.1) and pneumonia due to COVID-19 (J12.82). Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
Beds in Use      Changes in Recent Counts:	
Oct 29            -        -        -        -    + 1,708       1,708
Oct 22            -        -        -    1,778          -       1,778
Oct 15            -        -    2,100        -          -       2,100
Oct 08            -    2,394        7        -          -       2,401
Oct 01        2,380        7        -        -          -       2,387
Rest of '23    -399      518        -        -          -      80,500

Recent deaths certified/coded as, or referencing to, COVID-19 in WHALES with a corresponding positive lab (including postmortem testing) as reported in WDRS. Most recent week of data is pulled from CDC's Weekly Trends which appears two weeks before the state's report and should be considered incomplete. It may look like the state is behind on reporting deaths, however they only report when they consider the data is complete.

pre:
Deaths    Changes in Recent Counts:
Oct 29            -        -        -        -          -           -
Oct 22            -        -        -        -        + 5           5
Oct 15            -        -        -       25        + 3          28
Oct 08            -        -        7       23          -          30
Oct 01            -        8       27        -          -          35
Rest of '23      34        6        1        1        + 2       1,176

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Is there a bunch of viruses going around or something? (self.houston)

quote:

Is this a poo poo post?

Downvotes. Lolz

We're on the backside of a global pandemic. Asking if there are a bunch of viruses around is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Yes, there are viruses around.

quote:

Not sure what's going on but seen a bunch of people wearing masks again driving around in their cars alone 🙄.....

Praying this nonsense doesn't kick off again.

The Duality of Man

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
I love how consistently triggered these ghouls are by seeing someone wearing a mask in their car. It upsets them so much more than mass death and disability.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I love how consistently triggered these ghouls are by seeing someone wearing a mask in their car. It upsets them so much more than mass death and disability.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol yeah

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

I'm still working on the wastewater data but holy loving poo poo King county's Brightwater sewershed is absolutely popping off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The moderna spike vax commercials are really making question things

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

"In play, run(s)" is how baseball's website tells you that a team has just scored. This is probably norovirus, but it's funny to note that now that the outbreak is underway, the venue has started requiring servers to wear masks and gloves. The executives, of course, are allowed to keep breathing on each other as much as they want.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Chamale posted:

now that the outbreak is underway, the venue has started requiring servers to wear masks and gloves. The executives, of course, are allowed to keep breathing on each other as much as they want.

Is... is this praxis?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chamale posted:

"In play, run(s)" is how baseball's website tells you that a team has just scored. This is probably norovirus, but it's funny to note that now that the outbreak is underway, the venue has started requiring servers to wear masks and gloves. The executives, of course, are allowed to keep breathing on each other as much as they want.

I'm a huge baseball fan but (or AND) the executives loving each other up nonstop is fantastic comedy

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
just got a text from Aetna that started off with “Sometimes we deal with foggy minds.” then it pivoted to mental health, but still

lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Goddamn, just got my ILLEGAL MOTH JUICE by following DickParasite's advice. Booked, walked in, presented my arm, jabbaroo'd. Didn't even have to show ID at all, didn't even have to lie about when I got my last vaxx. The pharmacist did ask if it'd been at least 6 months since my last covid vaxx so maybe he wasn't aware that ATAGI had changed the recommendations or maybe he doesn't care or disagrees with them. Anyway, I'm all vaxxed up again!

DickParasite posted:

Mrs. Parasite got her booster two weeks ago, despite falling into the "not recommended" category. They did not ask for a referral or anything, she just booked it and got it.

I got my booster back in late June before the advice changed. Personally I plan on getting a booster every six months or so until the Man makes it impossible or they come up with some pan-coronavirus super vax.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Moddddddsssss! The penal colonists are reverting to criminal behaviour!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Chamale posted:

OToneH it's derogatory towards the servers, but OTOH it's keeping the servers more safe so who can say if it's good or bad.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Looks like there's going to be a Santa shortage here in Australia again, apparently there's a shortage of old guys to fill all the mall Santa jobs for some reason???

https://twitter.com/TimYowie/status/1721657100106158197

quote:

A looming widespread Santa shortage could threaten the beloved annual Christmas photo this festive season.
One talent agency said in the last three years fewer Australians applied for the top job due to COVID-19.
But with the return to normal, the agency is struggling to bring talent numbers back to pre-pandemic levels in the lead up to December.

quote:

Hutton said becoming a Santa's Helper was a great way for seniors to be more involved in the local community and interact with young people.
Santa veteran, Tony Hooper, said the the role was perfect for older Australians who were interested in returning to the workforce.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/mass-santa-shortage-threatens-christmas/dc267391-b66d-45b4-a5bf-b491a0bf6457

I'd actually consider it except I bet they don't allow Santa to wear a mask any more

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

Moddddddsssss! The penal colonists are reverting to criminal behaviour!

The vaxx cops are gonna hunt me down and repossess my moth juice

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

These devices are comically ineffective by the way.

The gov’t ought to surreptitiously encourage the dissemination of the “one weird trick” to get people to take the vaccine who otherwise wouldn’t.

The methodology that’s most relevant for this purpose is the one where human volunteers were injected with a solution of salt, proteins, and radioactive technetium through a hypodermic needle. If the device can’t pull out that, it can’t pull out the vaccine solution.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Nov 9, 2023

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ILLEGAL MOTH JUICE

:hai:

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I thought the moth juice was legal now. I just filled out a screener on the publix site to book an appointment but the questions were pretty bog standard like you'd have for an mrna shot.

The pharmacist did ask why I picked novavax but said he was just curious to see why people picked it.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

adebisi lives posted:

I thought the moth juice was legal now.

They are in australia, I think only old/sick people are supposed to be allowed it there.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

hahahahha no loving way

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Baddog posted:

They are in australia, I think only old/sick people are supposed to be allowed it there.

The recommendation in Australia used to be that everyone get a booster every 6 months but they just changed that to only getting a booster once a year (unless you're over 65 or severely immunocompromised) and since I already got a shot earlier this year the current guidance says I shouldn't get another shot until sometime in 2024.
Also the recommendation is that Novavax boosters should only be given to people whose original shots were also Novavax (unless they had an extreme reaction to the mRNA shots) so my shot was doubly illegal.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

The recommendation in Australia used to be that everyone get a booster every 6 months but they just changed that to only getting a booster once a year (unless you're over 65 or severely immunocompromised) and since I already got a shot earlier this year the current guidance says I shouldn't get another shot until sometime in 2024.
Also the recommendation is that Novavax boosters should only be given to people whose original shots were also Novavax (unless they had an extreme reaction to the mRNA shots) so my shot was doubly illegal.

It's not recommended but that don't gatekeep the vaccine. I got my booster yesterday and they didn't ask poo poo except check that it was > 6 months since my last. There's a list of Risks that qualify you beyond age and immunocompromised, too.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Solid lines are generated from normalized and smoothed data provided by the Washington State Department of Health (WADoH Ref. (1) ), Verily/WastewaterSCAN (WWS Ref. (3) ), and Biobot (Ref. (4) ).

White diamond dots are from most recent CDC/NWSS (Ref. (2) ) data scaled to supplement missing or out-dated data when available.

Because each of these four groups use different normalization methods, different smoothing methods, and different averaging/location identifiers, the concentration of virus is not comparable between locations. See reference links at the bottom of this post for more details.

There are 33 sewersheds distributed across 6 charts grouped by approximate geographical region then alphabetized by county. The tables below contain WADoH or NWSS/WSS IDs (to match their respective dashboards), Date last sampled, Trend (based on the change between the averages of the two most recent weeks), and Service Area for city names and regions if known.

All data presented are smoothed in some degree to even out inconsistent sampling dates and extreme highs and lows. Most sewersheds are sampled 1-3 times a week and are published within a week. Some locations are late reporting by 10 days or more so be sure to note your sewershed's Date in the table or graph. Locations that are more than two weeks old will have n/a listed under Trend to indicate there it is out of date.

Bold lines in the tables are new since the previous update.

Northwest Washington

pre:
Northwest Washington
County		Shed ID	Ref.	Date	Trend	Service Area
Island		COUP	(1)	Oct-30	STEADY	Coupeville
Island		OH	(1)	Nov-03	UP	Oak Harbor
Jefferson	PT	(1)	Nov-01	STEADY	Port Townsend
Mason		n/a	(4)	Nov-01	DOWN	Rustlewood, Shelton?
Skagit		2424	(2)	Oct-26	STEADY	Anacortes?
Skagit		2445	(2)	Oct-26	DOWN	Mount Vernon?
Whatcom		LYN	(1)	Nov-02	STEADY	Lynden
Snohomish

pre:
Snohomish
Snohomish	ARL	(1)	Nov-02	DOWN	Arlington
Snohomish	EVR	(1)	Nov-01	UP	Everett
Snohomish	STAN	(1)	Nov-01	UP	Stanwood
Snohomish	256	(3)	Nov-06	UP	Snohomish
King + Snohomish

pre:
King + Snohomish
King		BWT	(1)	Nov-01	UP	Bothell, Mill Creek, Redmond, Woodinville, Overflow from King County South and West Point Treatment Plants
King		KCS	(1)	Nov-01	UP	Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent, Renton, Sammamish
King		WSPT	(1)	Oct-31	STEADY	Seattle, Shoreline, north King County, north Lake Wash., parts of south Snohomish
Snohomish	APP	(1)	Nov-02	UP	Lynnwood
Southwest Washington

pre:
Southwest Washington
Clark		MRPK	(1)	Nov-01	UP	Vancouver
Clark		SNCK	(1)	Nov-02	UP	Battle Ground, Ridgefield
Clark		VWS	(1)	Oct-30	DOWN	Vancouver Westside
Lewis		n/a	(4)	Nov-01	UP	Chehalis?
Pierce		CC	(1)	Nov-03	UP	Browns Point, Dash Point, Dupont, Fife, Fife Heights, Frederickson, Graham, Lakewood, Milton, Orting, Parkland, South Hill, Spanaway, University Place
Pierce		PUY	(1)	Nov-02	UP	Puyallup
Thurston	LOTT	(1)	Nov-01	UP	Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater
Central Washington

pre:
Central Washington
Benton		WRCH	(1)	Nov-02	DOWN	West Richland
Chelan		WEN	(1)	Nov-02	UP	Wenatchee
Grant		EPH	(1)	Nov-01	UP	Ephrata
Kittitas	ELL	(1)	Oct-26	DOWN	Ellensburg
Okanogan	BRW	(1)	Nov-02	STEADY	Brewster
Yakima		YAK	(1)	Nov-02	UP	Yakima
Eastern Washington

pre:
Eastern Washington
Franklin	PAS	(1)	Nov-03	UP	Pasco
Spokane		RP	(1)	Nov-02	DOWN	Spokane
Spokane		SPK	(1)	Nov-03	STEADY	Spokane Valley
Walla Walla	WALLA	(1)	Nov-02	DOWN	Walla Walla
Whitman		PLM	(1)	Nov-03	STEADY	Pullman
References with links to details on data limitations, sampling methods, and normalization protocols:

Zantie has issued a correction as of 07:31 on Nov 9, 2023

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
gently caress me ive got an endoscopy on monday and all those lines are loving up up up

Whatever.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You can have any 1st level spell in real life, and cast it once per day. What spell are you picking? (self.DnD)

Redditors are idiots who would go for goodberry, speak with animals, or unseen servant. The pro strat here is detect poison and disease

quote:

1st-level divination (ritual)

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M (a yew leaf)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

For the duration, you can sense the presence and location of poisons, poisonous creatures, and diseases within 30 feet of you. You also identify the kind of poison, poisonous creature, or disease in each case.

The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.

But also,

quote:

I see people asking if they can have cantrips.

Can I have a class ribbon feature? I want the level 3 paladin feature where you become immune to disease

I get sick alot and my lungs are shot because of it. Diseases that effect that lungs scare me.

There is no single thing in the entire power fantasy of DND that compares to being immune to disease for me.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 10:33 on Nov 9, 2023

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
I somehow doubt they will be allowed to take air samples in airports, but broadening the amount of diseases tracked would be great.

https://time.com/6331503/airport-covid-flu-rsv-tracking/ posted:

Here’s How the CDC Will Track Viruses Over the Holiday Travel Season
(..)
In the latest iteration of the program, passengers at four airports—John F. Kennedy in New York, San Francisco International, Logan in Boston, and Dulles—volunteer to swab their noses and Ginkgo genetically analyzes any positive tests at its labs for the presence of SARS-CoV-2, influenza, and RSV.
(..)
In coming years, the program will add testing for dozens of other viruses and bacteria, as well as for mutations that signal that viruses or bacteria have become resistant to existing treatments. Eventually, Friedman says her team is hoping take air samples from airports to provide additional data on pathogens, and to bolster the program’s ability to know where in the world pathogens are coming from, and whether the strains entering the country pose any threat to public health because existing treatments won’t be able to control them.

One group of such pathogens that will eventually be screened include the parainfluenzas, which can contribute to croup or pneumonia, and can be dangerous for young babies. “There are no public genomes for some of these respiratory pathogens—none for parainfluenza 3, for example, and none for human metapneumovirus—so we will be getting the first sequences that we are able to look at more closely,” says Casandra Philipson, a computational biologist at Concentric. “We’re excited about establishing a global baseline dataset for these viruses. The more we make public, the more we can contribute to better general knowledge about these pathogens.”

Wild that there wouldn't be public genomes for some of these, that seems like such a low bar. Somehow public health still manages to disappoint.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Promising rodent study.
"An FcRn-targeted mucosal vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 infection and transmission"

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-42796-0 posted:

Abstract
SARS-CoV-2 is primarily transmitted through droplets and airborne aerosols, and in order to prevent infection and reduce viral spread vaccines should elicit protective immunity in the airways. The neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) transfers IgG across epithelial barriers and can enhance mucosal delivery of antigens. Here we explore FcRn-mediated respiratory delivery of SARS-CoV-2 spike (S). A monomeric IgG Fc was fused to a stabilized spike; the resulting S-Fc bound to S-specific antibodies and FcRn. Intranasal immunization of mice with S-Fc and CpG significantly induced antibody responses compared to the vaccination with S alone or PBS. Furthermore, we intranasally immunized mice or hamsters with S-Fc. A significant reduction of virus replication in nasal turbinate, lung, and brain was observed following nasal challenges with SARS-CoV-2 and its variants. Intranasal immunization also significantly reduced viral airborne transmission in hamsters. Nasal IgA, neutralizing antibodies, lung-resident memory T cells, and bone-marrow S-specific plasma cells mediated protection. Hence, FcRn delivers an S-Fc antigen effectively into the airway and induces protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection and transmission.

News article on the matter:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-11-nasal-vaccine-covid-preclinical.html posted:

Researchers develop a nasal vaccine that prevents COVID-19 in preclinical studies
(..)
Zhu and his team developed a technology that leverages the body's natural mechanism to transport the COVID-19 spike protein into the cells of the airway, where the local immune system can learn to recognize the virus.

The mechanism they tapped into uses a protein called neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) to carry antibodies across epithelial cells. The researchers developed and patented a technology to bind their chosen human antibody to FcRn. Then, they attached the spike protein from SARS-CoV-2 to FcRn and sprayed it into the noses of mice.

The team then exposed the mice to ancient SARS-CoV-2, delta, and omicron variants of COVID-19. All unvaccinated mice exposed to the Delta variant died, while most vaccinated mice (83-100%) survived. Although mice exposed to major omicron variants survived, the researchers found significantly reduced inflammation and virus loads in vaccinated mice compared to unvaccinated mice.

Comparing results in mice that had the Spike protein delivered by nasal vaccine, versus injection, the researchers found that the nasal vaccine triggered a significantly more potent immune response in the airway and lungs. Consequently, the researchers also found that the nasal vaccine, but not the intramuscular vaccine, dramatically reduced SARS-CoV-2 airborne transmission.
(..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The propaganda machine on Twitter is incredibly strong. You mention ivermectin once, a bot links a store front to buy it or links studies about how it works better than Pax. Incredible