Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 1/13/52

The speed at which nothing is happening is astonishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Welcome to HILLBILLY WEEK

Pluggers

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/12/42

If you can't read the caption in the last panel: "See next Sunday's cartoon for an amazing revelation."

Not enough roc attacks in comics nowadays.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Swear to god if the djinn is real I am going to lose my entire poo poo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Strontium posted:

Take It From The Tinkersons

Been there, and it sucked.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Thimble Theater (June 12, 1940)

Putting this at the top today, because things are actually happening, and...um...well, you'll figure it out.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (November 6, 1935)

Peanuts (November 10, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (January 14-16, 1935)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (April 5-7, 1943)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Welp, story's over then. The strip had a good run but that's a wrap. :v:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zereth posted:

Using the knife is also illegal because it's not your "natural abilities".

Funny enough nobody including the author seems to think about "being stomped to death by a rhino" or "stabbed with a rhino horn" or various other things because yes, a lot of herbivores will loving fight to the death in real life.

EDIT: Also yes, the human kid's Species Has Characteristic is "Tool Use". Also, there' a cat who's a car mechanic. No, the comic doesn't seem to think these don't match up.

How did they build houses? How did they make clothes? You need tools to do that.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zereth posted:

EDIT: Also yes, the human kid's Species Has Characteristic is "Tool Use". Also, there' a cat who's a car mechanic. No, the comic doesn't seem to think these don't match up.

Can't forget, the human's Species Trait is also "curiosity". Yes this is meant to differentiate him from animals.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Can't forget, the human's Species Trait is also "curiosity". Yes this is meant to differentiate him from animals.
Post/avatar synergy putting in good hard work here.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Didn't you hear what he just said? No open, only close!!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 8, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Alhazred posted:

How did they build houses? How did they make clothes? You need tools to do that.
Yeah, tool use in humans irl is notable but everyone in hellworld uses tools, also even irl there are other animals that are able to make and use tools. If you're actually looking for a human trait in a world where everyone has sapience and more or less the ability to walk upright, I'd probably go with endurance, or maybe even just not fitting into the rules of Hellworld because he's not from a species extensively tweaked and modified by the birds, but whatever.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Zereth posted:

... Locusts and grasshoppers are different species holbrook.

Wellllll...

Locusts are a set of species of grasshopper. And they're unique from other grasshoppers in that they have a sort of molt-based phase change they can go through in life in reaction to environmental stimuli that switches them from acting and looking pretty much exactly like other grasshoppers into the jacked up swarm monsters we think of as locusts and back. So they are sort of the same thing. That said you don't have to hand it to Holbrook.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "370 - Jucika And The Modern Director"

"371 - Jucika's Wedding Night"

Enter Husband, who is mostly consistent for the rest of the run.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Savage!

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

Welp, story's over then. The strip had a good run but that's a wrap. :v:

Gotta get the "Gordon's ALIVE" reference out of the way early

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Alhazred posted:

In Norway the person who claim to be the father can then take it to the court where the fatherhood is determined.
Idem here. Sooner or laer the truth would emerge.

Tiggum posted:

He does not. It's really nothing to do with him.
Parenthood is equally shared among both parents.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (February 5-8, 2004)

The second half of this arc starts tomorrow! Bad Religion is the story of the lovely duo of Amy and Shelley fixing poor ol' Ryan Beckwith. At least, as much as they can within the confines of even the Tackleford reality.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Timg’d for (asymmetrical) boobs

I love this page – it’s not maudlin or self-congratulatory, but still perfectly conveys just how much she loves her little arm-flapping gremlin.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Let's All Eat The Placenta

oh god drat it.

Dude It's November.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hostile V posted:

Dude It's November.

And Jesus Crust took a body, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my bread given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

There was a point when this strip still had plausible deniability about Lucky Eddie's... interests. That point is passed.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that living in literal tree houses is a local fad. There's cities with skyscrapers and so on around.

And yet the kid making like, super basic traps out of vines and things is somehow amazing.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

In the context of this reference the phrase is "It is risen", not has risen. :colbert:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/7/51

Archie 9/2-4/48

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 9/23/51

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Disney's The Phantom King

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

no. they made it clear that they don't want to talk to him. leave the poor women alone

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

Archie 9/2-4/48

Given modern Jug being ace, it's interesting to see his lack of interest in women this long ago.

In other news, Georgia Dunn says todays BCN is the official end of the World War Mole which started June 19 and that she cut out several side plots to get it to its breezy five months of storyline. :psyduck:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzXd3a1pwMs/?igshid=MW9hbmVicncybnZiMw==

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
now i can read it :)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jughead's always been a hams before gams dude

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

someone awful. posted:

no. they made it clear that they don't want to talk to him. leave the poor women alone
"But what about my need for drama to feed off of vampire-like?" -Mary Worth

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Endless Mike posted:

Given modern Jug being ace, it's interesting to see his lack of interest in women this long ago.

Yeah, Jughead being uninterested in/sometimes repulsed by women has been core characterization for as long as Archie has been a thing, iirc? I've seen people argue that it may have been intended as gay coding, and I know there has been some drama in modern Archie fandom (what a delightful phrase) about writers choosing to make him ace because of that potential coding.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Jughead's always been a hams before gams dude

Oh, I know, I'm just a bit surprised it was actually an *always been* sort of thing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, Jughead being uninterested in/sometimes repulsed by women has been core characterization for as long as Archie has been a thing, iirc? I've seen people argue that it may have been intended as gay coding, and I know there has been some drama in modern Archie fandom (what a delightful phrase) about writers choosing to make him ace because of that potential coding.

I wonder how much of that is amplified due to the Riverdale canon having him just be plain ol' straight around the same time.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

More like Mary Worst!!!

Subtler option for fellow sophisticates: More like Nary Worth!!!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"But what about my need for drama to feed off of vampire-like?" -Mary Worth

Oh my god EXACTLY

I hope Keith ends up arrested for stalking by a former subordinate. A saddened mentee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (October 23-25, 1924)

Out Our Way: The School Ma'am Saga (October 25, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (January 5-7, 1922; timg'd for The Usual Reasons (of a background character variety)

Dok's Dippy Call To The Humane Society (December 27, 1914; spoiler for the same implications as the last time)

Little Lefty (May 29-31, 1939)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 9, 2023