Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have never in my life had a bad dream about xenomorphs. even if they ate me. im like hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

A Fancy Hat posted:

I loving loved this movie but I think a lot of that was from watching it in a pretty packed theater and having an incredible shared experience. People squirming in their seats, looking away from the screen, screaming at a few points, and then pure silence at the end of the movie as everyone carefully walked out.

As to what it is? A kid's nightmare, or a found footage movie created by a monster.

Yeah I could see it being more effective in a theater with a reacting audience like that. Also being forced to pay attention during the many wall shot scenes. I hated those camera angles and limited field of vision, just frustrated my desire for more info.

I feel like the concept would have worked better as a 45-60 min horror anthology episode.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I have never in my life had a bad dream about xenomorphs. even if they ate me. im like hell yea

the Newborn from alien resurrection popped up in some sweaty wet fever dreams for me in my teen years, this skullish human face doing low gutterall noises and drippin slime all over the place

but normal old Giger aliens are a warm comfy pair of socks these daysn

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

alf_pogs posted:

Slimy, suspicious socks from under the bed

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

davidspackage posted:

Slimy, suspicious socks from under the bed

Socks unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

alf_pogs posted:

the Newborn from alien resurrection popped up in some sweaty wet fever dreams for me in my teen years, this skullish human face doing low gutterall noises and drippin slime all over the place

That thing scared the gently caress out of me as a kid for years.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Are you referring to FvJ as Slash of the Titans or is there a movie legit called that?
It's a book about the long production history of FvJ, full of the various scripts that got bandied about. Kinda fun and interesting so far. Especially hearing about the abandoned Cheech and Chong Meet Jason movie idea.
I already saw the movie as a kid in theaters but I figured I'd rewatch it after I got through all the weird scripts.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
A Cheech and Chong meet Jason movie would have been amazing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
it definitely should've happened, they compare it to Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

quote:

I said, ‘Well, if we’re still in that school of thought, why not Cheech and Chong meet Jason? Paramount already has those characters!’; He asked if I was kidding and I told him I was only half-kidding. I thought we might could do what we did with Jason Lives. We didn’t make fun of Jason in that movie, though we certainly had humor. We would just up the humor and make fun of other things. Mancuso thought that would be too much comedy for the franchise. He felt strongly that fans were still upset over Part V not really having Jason in it. He also felt that we had just gotten the series back on track with Jason Lives. He said, ‘Let’s focus more on Jason and less on the comedy.’ So that was it. I tucked the idea way in the back of my head.

was also tickled by Robert Englund listing all the reasons Freddy's Dead is loving awesome (honestly might be my favorite sequel as unpopular an opinion as that might be...3 is close tho, of course).

quote:

Even Freddy himself could not deny the drop in quality. “To be one hundred percent honest,” Robert Englund wrote in his autobiography, “I’ll admit that on Nightmare 6, we jumped the shark. The comedy might’ve become a little too broad, the fantasy might’ve become a little too trippy, and the violence might’ve become a little too cartoonish.”
too trippy?!!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'd like an Albert Brooks Friday the 13th movie. Just a slice of life about dating and relationships, but then Jason shows up.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just remake Annie Hall but have Jason play the lead role

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Since Blumhouse is funding Richard Linklater's latest filmed-over-decades drama they should line him up to do a few slashers. I'd be down to watch off-brand Jason hack up the Dazed and Confused kids.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Or Jesse and Celine in a Strangers-esque home invasion thriller

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Hollismason posted:

Twelve Angry Men but it’s all slasher villains.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Twelve Angry Men but it’s all slasher villains.

Twelve Angry Men but Juror Number 8 is talking them into declaring Jason not guilty

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

High Warlord Zog posted:

Twelve Angry Men but Juror Number 8 is talking them into declaring Jason not guilty

MEMBER OF JURY: Are you trying to tell me that this machete really fell through a hole in the boy's pocket, someone picked it up off the street, went to the lodge and slashed the counselor with it just to test its sharpness?

DAVIS: No, I’m just saying that it's possible the boy lost his machete and somebody else slashed the camp counselor with a similar machete. It’s just possible.

MEMBER OF JURY: Take a look at this machete. It's a very unusual machete. I've never seen one like it. Neither had the storekeeper who sold it to the boy. Aren't you asking us to accept an incredible coincidence?

DAVIS: I'm just saying a coincidence is possible.

MEMBER OF JURY: And I say it's not possible.

(Davis produces an identical machete)

MEMBER OF JURY: Where did that come from?

MEMBER OF JURY: It's the same machete!

MEMBER OF JURY: What do you think you're doin'?

MEMBER OF JURY: Where did you get it?

DAVIS: I went out walking for a couple of hours last night. I walked through the boy's summer campground. I bought it at the hardware store just a short walk down the road from the boy's campground. It cost six dollars.

MEMBER OF JURY: It's against the law to buy or sell machetes.

DAVIS: That's right. I broke the law.

MEMBER OF JURY: You pulled a real bright trick. Now supposing you tell me what it proves. Maybe there are ten machetes like that. So what?

DAVIS: Maybe there are!

MEMBER OF JURY: What does it mean? You found another odd machete like it. What's that? The discovery of the age, or something?

MEMBER OF JURY: I mean, you are asking us to believe that somebody else did the slashing with exactly the same kind of machete?

MEMBER OF JURY: The odds are a million to one.

MEMBER OF JURY: DAVIS: It's possible!

MEMBER OF JURY: But not very probable.

MEMBER OF JURY: OK, fellas. Let's take our seats.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

High Warlord Zog posted:

“So we all agree he murdered a dozen teenagers right?”
“No, he’s a good boy! They made him do it!”

Chills.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

High Warlord Zog posted:

Or Jesse and Celine in a Strangers-esque home invasion thriller

Grazed and Contused

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Hollismason posted:

You're truly making Jason more horrifying once Woody Allen is involved.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

This is kind of what Unmasked: Part 25 is, no?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Remake the predator with woody allen

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Splint Chesthair posted:

Yeah kind of

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Splint Chesthair posted:

and Jackson the slasher is less problematic than Woody Allen somehow.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Doltos posted:

Remake the predator with woody allen

Predators

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My mom took me to see Alien when it was released and I was 4. It was hot out and we didn't have AC so the best thing to do was go to a nice AC cooled theater.

I remember the scene where the dots on the radar showed the alien catching up with Dallas and I was crying. When the alien got him I was turned around with my head buried into the chair screaming.

It's my favorite movie.

I still have nightmares being chased through ruined hellscape worlds of broken concrete tunnels. Sometimes its just me being chased and waking up before I get eaten, or other times im with the marines and we're blasting them with pulse rifles and its still scary as gently caress and I wake up eventually. But i'm always HELL YES when I wake up.

Thanks mom.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

For those interested, Chucky's being added to Dead by Daylight. Shame it's not Brad Dourif doing the voice though.

As for F13, I'm a Part 5 defender, that movie is just so ugly and mean, I can't help but love it. 4 and 6 are definitely the best ones though.

Okay, guess I'll be playing DbD again pretty soon. For about a month until I get bored of it again, even with Chucky.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

checkplease posted:

Skinamarink: the gently caress was this? Some cool images but mostly walls or dark static.

I was intrigued by the trailer, and I've liked the other minimalist stuff the guy has on his channel, but the film didn't click with me. It's more of a 'it's me not you film' thing because it does play heavily on how scary things are at night when you're little compared to during the day, and I never had that feeling as a kid. I had dogs, so if I got up in the dark house in the middle of the night and if they're not weirded out, I'm not weirded out.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think it's something that worked better as like a youtube short film (instead of being like 100 minutes), which is what the original was.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Guillermo del Toro was in Glasgow today, posted a picture outside the house of a Victorian murderess. Kind of mad seeing it.

If he’s doing some location scouting I’d kill to be on the crew of any film he does.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Has anyone here ever watched this? It is incredibly bizarre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdK9YWObZS8

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

A Google Review for the film Hereditary posted:

I absolutely hate horror. I hate when my mom watches it. I hate how in every horror film the characters are stupid on purpose. I'm sorry but if you want to watch a horror film or read a horror film, read warrior cats. It's worth much more time. First of all, when the kid ate the nuts the first thing you do is call an ambulance. You don't drive 80 miles an hour on a road at night. YOU. CALL. AN. AMBULANCE. Not only that, but what kind of sibling lets their kid put half their body outside of a car? especially when your driving really fast. So tired of horror films honestly. They're pointless to society and honestly I'd say Coraline is a much better horror film because AT LEAST Coraline is smart to trick the other mother. Also, why does every horror film about a house always have bugs in it? I was in another room doing something much more entertaining, when I can clearly hear bugs. WHY? What does bugs have to do with this movie? I also forgot to say that after the kid got hit with the pole, the brother just sat there, doing nothing. We literally just watched him for 2 minutes in grief. He literally didn't tell anyone either. The mother found out on her own. Also I don't know if I'm just unpopular or I'm crazy, but who makes a 13 year old go to a high school party? The kid could have been in 7th or 8th grade. At high school parties anything could happen. Plus, the fact that the brother was so irresponsible to watch the kid is just sad. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT YOUR LITTLE SISTER HAD A NUT ALLERGY. WHY WOULD YOU TELL HER TO GO EAT A CAKE?! Y'all see why I hate horror? It's pure ignorance. Comedies are so much better. So please, don't waste time watching this loud, obnoxious, dumb movie. Watch something that is a lot less stupid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lmfao

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

they’re right about Hereditary

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nobody makes better decisions, especially under duress, than teenage boys

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

they’re right about Hereditary

i knew someone itt thread wrote it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Has anyone here ever watched this? It is incredibly bizarre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdK9YWObZS8

Gunna watch this tomorrow

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'm just sad that "YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT YOUR LITTLE SISTER HAD A NUT ALLERGY. WHY WOULD YOU TELL HER TO GO EAT A CAKE?!" is probably too long for a thread title.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Best I can do is "Nut Allergy, Eat Cake"

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I also enjoyed 'What does bugs have to do with this movie?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Nothing about "WHY ARE THERE NAKED OLD PEOPLE HERE??" they clearly didn't watch the whole film.