Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
do it, Ben DO IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol norm's hate is pure, he'd be so brutal.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I give it 5 mintues before it devolves into nothing but an uninterupted stream of Norm shouting over Ben's Mars Attacks quacking.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Shapiro would never, he'd get housed from the river to the sea, and he's a smart enough worm to know that

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Finkelstein is a treasure, and I've really enjoyed watching all of his recent videos tearing into Zionist bullshit. But I'm inclined to say that such a debate wouldn't serve anyone; it would give undeserved attention to WAP boy and as vicious as Finkelstein can be, he'd never get a word in edgewise as the little rat would be gish galloping the gently caress out of the whole thing.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
reminder this is Ben debating someone that isn't a college kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VixqvOcK8E

:allears:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

reminder this is Ben debating someone that isn't a college kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VixqvOcK8E

:allears:

and this is a guy who basically agrees with Ben Shapiro on everything if i remember correctly lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Finkelstein is a treasure, and I've really enjoyed watching all of his recent videos tearing into Zionist bullshit. But I'm inclined to say that such a debate wouldn't serve anyone; it would give undeserved attention to WAP boy and as vicious as Finkelstein can be, he'd never get a word in edgewise as the little rat would be gish galloping the gently caress out of the whole thing.

It would serve me

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
That's right, Mr. Shapiro

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

It would serve me

Well, now that I saw that BBC clip I see your point. Finkelstein has a quiet, relaxed debate style that would really get under the skin of someone like Shapiro.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this would get norm far far more attention than ben, whose platform is 100s of times of the size of norm’s

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm jsut reminded of how he calmly destroyed the Dersh's entire book with good research.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
don't really care for either of them but having someone who loving hates israel as much as norm in a debate is cool and good and i hope ben cries on air

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its poorly titled, but I'll always enjoy this short clip of Norman Finkelstein wiping the floor with Oliver Kamm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiXxp89Lzks

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

That's right, Mr. Shapiro

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

It would serve me

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

don't really care for either of them

watch your mouth... you know who else didn't care for Finkelsteins?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Best living Norm

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

nah that poo poo would never work on norm

shapiro is a moron but hes smart enough to avoid fights he cant win

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
to be fair when Norm talks at colleges obliterating freshmen is part of his act too.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
That's his show stopper

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Who played Hmm in the new E1? I didn’t recognize the voice but he was great, he carried the whole episode.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzjicdi3O0o

So one sided that eventually norm just starts referring to eli lake in the third person. an absolute pro

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sad to hear that tanya is no longer a host on the trillbillies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol after like two years did they finally make it official

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that old far side with elvis and salman rushdie but it's virgil and tanya

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

norman finkelstein's debate strategy is to know everything there is to know about some specific issue, then be sure to pull the discussion back to that. being a highly serious scholar he can inevitably make his point in his own implacable way, and the only thing he has to think about on the fly is how whatever invective his opponent is throwing at him can be redirected into his point. it's extremely effective if and only if you can be absolutely confident that you can make a compelling case for your view on the issue, which he inevitably can

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Xaris posted:

but there's so much quackery and fraud out there that it's really hard to believe anything

I'm not against ghosts or aliens or whatever but most of what people claim is just dumbass crap recycled from the shittiest movies and tv. Wow the stairwell is cold! That's a ghost, you know! And listening enraptured to con artists like the Warrens etc.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Danger posted:

I got my first red text in like ten years from the cspam ufo thread lol

From a few days ago (that I noticed from the quote above this post), but I would just avoid that sort of "space," because people usually have some sort of emotional investment in these ideas (and often for sympathetic reasons). And in the case of C-SPAM, I think there's usually any implication that threads like that are more for "chatting" than "arguing/debating."

I have this friend who has a deeply unrealistic optimism about technology (like the idea that various sci-fi things will come in the next couple decades), but I avoid arguing about it because it'd just be pointlessly antagonistic and we both have lives that are kinda lovely in various ways so I can understand the desire to believe that "there's more," either in the form of paranormal stuff or "humanity's star-faring future." That being said, I have zero sympathy for people who are actually well-off and believe this kind of poo poo.

V. Illych L. posted:

norman finkelstein's debate strategy is to know everything there is to know about some specific issue, then be sure to pull the discussion back to that. being a highly serious scholar he can inevitably make his point in his own implacable way, and the only thing he has to think about on the fly is how whatever invective his opponent is throwing at him can be redirected into his point. it's extremely effective if and only if you can be absolutely confident that you can make a compelling case for your view on the issue, which he inevitably can

This is just general good "debate advice" - stick to a single important point and keep pressuring the other person to address it.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 20:32 on Nov 10, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

?? shes been gone for like 3 years

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ait's one of the few regular listeners itt so i figured they made a recent announcement

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

?? shes been gone for like 3 years

yeah but id thought shed be back

didnt realize it got so bad the local police got involved

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rufo was also a creation of seattles liberal political apparatus

seattle ftw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah but id thought shed be back

didnt realize it got so bad the local police got involved

yeah last i heard she was in hiding because of drag queen story time threats and that was a long time ago, literally zero update since

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i say swears online posted:

ait's one of the few regular listeners itt so i figured they made a recent announcement

tom's on the new chapo and he said she is a "former" co host

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
latest Death Corner is fire

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...re_you_live.mp3

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

he's been on fire for awhile now. the previous one was really good

glad he's mostly got over his withdrawls and illnesses. MSJ is probably my favorite pod guy of all time

Xaris has issued a correction as of 22:46 on Nov 10, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Trillbillies still has hosts? I thought Trillbillies had gradually morphed from a podcast into a kind of shady flea market. I didn’t know there was still a recorded audio element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Trillbillies still has hosts? I thought Trillbillies had gradually morphed from a podcast into a kind of shady flea market. I didn’t know there was still a recorded audio element.

I believe you're thinking of Street Fight Radio.