Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

He's a little buggy right now, reasonable for day 1 PTB. Hitting someone while charging sometimes causes you to glitch out and move to the side, which negates the attack.

Imo his utility is going to be dependent on how confusing the deception during stealth mode is. The mode charges a bit too slowly and depletes a bit too fast to be used as a general mapwide stealth mode, so we'll have to see how that shakes out.

Trickster changes are certainly a buff for him, although I think the lack of recoil does a lot more than the increased throwing speed. if you're just spraying then throwing faster just means missing faster, while the no recoil makes him into a laser. That being said, he does still have an issue where you have to really stick on someone hard to get them injured, and that's especially true now that the decay rate is bumped up. Also I forgot how slow this twink is, christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CuddleCryptid posted:

He's a little buggy right now, reasonable for day 1 PTB. Hitting someone while charging sometimes causes you to glitch out and move to the side, which negates the attack.

Imo his utility is going to be dependent on how confusing the deception during stealth mode is. The mode charges a bit too slowly and depletes a bit too fast to be used as a general mapwide stealth mode, so we'll have to see how that shakes out.

Trickster changes are certainly a buff for him, although I think the lack of recoil does a lot more than the increased throwing speed. if you're just spraying then throwing faster just means missing faster, while the no recoil makes him into a laser. That being said, he does still have an issue where you have to really stick on someone hard to get them injured, and that's especially true now that the decay rate is bumped up. Also I forgot how slow this twink is, christ.

The worst part is no one is going to be testing Trickster with Chucky on PTB, so he'll go to live a loving monster

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They've "fixed" it so that when a survivor is doing the Cenobite's Lament Configuration, the automatic chains no longer target them. I mean I can get that it was frustrating but still feels like a big nerf.

Only a nerf to playing vs inexperienced survivors so that seems very fair to change.

Chucky curses so much it's amazing

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blasmeister posted:

Chucky curses so much it's amazing

Yeah he's saying gently caress all the time. One of his post-Mori lines is literally "gently caress YOU AND DIE".

I love it.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I can’t believe I just bought the stupid demigorgon I want Charles

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For all of you who have been BEGGING for a Rainbow Six crossover

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

For all of you who have been BEGGING for a Rainbow Six crossover

What a strange choice of crossover.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nothing scarier than the American Military-Industrial Complex

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean there’s all kinds of weird, slasher-y ways you could use all the weird gadgets that have ended up in Siege over the years. That said, based on the usual effort Ubisoft puts into cross-promotion it’s probably just a couple survivor skins.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Chucky was like the inverse Ridley of dbd: too small

So his release means that a gremlin killer is possible, although I’d still accept three gremlins in a trenchcoat

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Orv posted:

I mean there’s all kinds of weird, slasher-y ways you could use all the weird gadgets that have ended up in Siege over the years. That said, based on the usual effort Ubisoft puts into cross-promotion it’s probably just a couple survivor skins.

Killer gonna barricade the vault spots.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Orv posted:

Yeah the DBD side is 100% going to be a skin for oh I dunno, Meg, Feng and David. And then a killer skin for let's say Deathslinger.

Oh and can't forget a charm.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

imagining a Trapper skin for Frost on the R6S side.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
A Dredge skin with nightvision goggles. You know, to help Dredge see in the dark.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't super love that survivors can see Chucky's glowing footsteps through walls.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't super love that survivors can see Chucky's glowing footsteps through walls.

I am overthinking it but they're white and powdery, makes me think of Child's Play 1 when he walked through the flour and left footsteps.

Edit - And I think the footprints are there to make his Hidey Ho mode better, since random footprints appear everywhere

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

I am overthinking it but they're white and powdery, makes me think of Child's Play 1 when he walked through the flour and left footsteps.

That's a solid theory! And I think they're great otherwise. It just feels a bit weird that right now it's going to be insanely hard to do any kind of mind games with Chucky because survivors can see your precise location and direction all the time.

But it might be a bug, because it seems like they're not showing all the time.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Chucky was like the inverse Ridley of dbd: too small

So his release means that a gremlin killer is possible, although I’d still accept three gremlins in a trenchcoat

finally, it's the Leprechaun's time

Orv
May 4, 2011
They’re hooking her

And then they’re going to hook me

Oh my gooooooooooood

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

finally, it's the Leprechaun's time
Warwick Davis loves the role, he would be down. And he’s magic so he could float to fix the height issue if need be

Imagine if he had a pot of gold to find, kinda like pinhead’s cube :allears:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah the DBD side is 100% going to be a skin for oh I dunno, Meg, Feng and David. And then a killer skin for let's say Deathslinger.

Oh and can't forget a charm.

you get the charm only for buying all 80bux of skins

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

They’re hooking her

And then they’re going to hook me

Oh my gooooooooooood

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Unhappy Meal posted:

Hopefully otherwise any map with tall grass will be awful. It was bad enough when Blight's camera was messed up and Chucky is even shorter.

A while back I was reading through the old thread for funsies and I hit the Blight release and it's really funny going back and looking at it because basically every single post was about how Blight was the worst killer in the game and the camera made him completely unplayable. Fast forward one patch and the camera is fixed but people are still saying he's terrible.
No changes later he's now the second (and some can argue first) best killer in the game simply because we got used to him. Blight has the skill floor that people THINK Nurse has (console notwithstanding) but with the right addons can be even more oppressive than double recharge Nurse used to be before her addon pass.

I bring that up because Chucky seems like he's a bog standard Rush killer with a funny Small gimmick but based on how the chaining vaults can work coupled with his ability to turn off survivor tracking of him at will (the footsteps and red stain are suppressed in power) it seems like he'll be a MONSTER on indoor maps and at low visibility loops (shack being one of them since he's smaller than the drat boarded up windows). Seems to me the trick to him is going to be knowing when to use his power for mindgaming and vault-flicks to catch people unaware. Otz already figured out that pushing Q/E (which turns you at maximum rate left or right) while strafing in the same direction lets you vault both windows in a TL during one dash, despite the dash ostensibly having a restricted turn rate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's a solid theory! And I think they're great otherwise. It just feels a bit weird that right now it's going to be insanely hard to do any kind of mind games with Chucky because survivors can see your precise location and direction all the time.

But it might be a bug, because it seems like they're not showing all the time.

I've been watching a lot of streamers today and believe me, mind games are gonna be crazy even seeing the footprints. He's really hard to see even with a terror radius and red stain.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Now that you can no longer grab people while unhooking, what is the play for endgame collapse as killer? If someone unhooks (and takes one hit in the process) and then runs for the gate it's extremely hard to get two hits on them before they can get out, so is it just a matter of true facecamping to hit anyone who goes for an unhook?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Now that you can no longer grab people while unhooking, what is the play for endgame collapse as killer? If someone unhooks (and takes one hit in the process) and then runs for the gate it's extremely hard to get two hits on them before they can get out, so is it just a matter of true facecamping to hit anyone who goes for an unhook?

There is no play, most killers just lose that now. Outside of some killer powers or STBFL with a lot of stacks at the end of the match, if the survivors know what they're doing, two healthy survivors can go for the unhook at the same time regardless of your presence and whoever you hit will turn around and run for the open/99%ed gate while the other person will get the rescue during your attack cooldown and then body-block for them on the way out if their endurance doesn't last long enough. It's entirely on the survivors to make an obvious misplay for you to have any chance of stopping anyone, but survivors are usually pretty dumb so I still catch people in this situation trying to run the wrong way for a pallet loop instead of just going for the exit or just not properly committing to the duo-save.

STBFL is the only killer-agnostic method I can think of to stop this as you can just steamroll everyone down with hits because of the short cooldown, other than that just hook that end-game survivor as far from an open gate as possible (ideally DIRECTLY in front of a 0% gate, so close they can't possibly open it while you're guarding the hook) and you might be able to catch up to whoever you hook. For specific killers Nurse and Blight can out-run survivors with their power if the gate isn't too close, Huntress can just hatchet people at range, Hillbilly and Cannibal can just chainsaw down whoever unhooks to trade, and Wesker can technically use his dash to throw people backwards back into the map if you're really good with your angles.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 9, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Not really related but Wesker is great with the "watch me leave" teabagging crowd because he can bonk the survivor against the "wall" the entity creates to stop him from leaving, and shuffle them right onto his shoulder if they're injured

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The only real trick to stopping a hook save now is catching the rescuer far enough away from the hook that your hit cooldown will play out before they get in for the unhook. As said, STBFL is your best chance at that but you can do it without it if you nail them the first time from far enough away

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I'm kinda wishing they'd go back to other chapters and release survivors to go along with the killers. I'd like to see Kirstie from Hellraiser, Andy for Chucky. Sidney for Ghost face.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Diabetic posted:

I'm kinda wishing they'd go back to other chapters and release survivors to go along with the killers. I'd like to see Kirstie from Hellraiser, Andy for Chucky. Sidney for Ghost face.
it’s annoying me because Chucky’s in-game bio even mentions Andy entering the fog.

I doubt they’d do an Andy half-chapter as a lot of these protagonists aren’t as big a draw outside of ones that obviously got in the game as a full chapter like Laurie Strode or Ripley.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Pants Donkey posted:

it’s annoying me because Chucky’s in-game bio even mentions Andy entering the fog.

I doubt they’d do an Andy half-chapter as a lot of these protagonists aren’t as big a draw outside of ones that obviously got in the game as a full chapter like Laurie Strode or Ripley.

I'd be happy if they just released them as a lost in the fog style chapter to add them in.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Isn’t Andy a kid? There’s no way they’re putting a kid in the game.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Isn’t Andy a kid? There’s no way they’re putting a kid in the game.

They age him up in the series and it's not that big a stretch if they had to make him an adult

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I noticed Buckle Up is in the shrine of secrets.

I think I'm categorically disinterested in Ash's other perks or having his skin, but I know the Buckle-up and For the People combo is a current thing. Is it worth the shards to buy it since it's the one "good" perk from a licensed character I otherwise don't really want to spend money on, or is buckle-up just kind of meme-y and cute but not actually good?

Also, how often do shrine perks get discounted? I think I read they cut them to 1k on the anniversary at least, not that that's anytime soon from the looks of it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Diabetic posted:

Sidney for Ghost face.

Sidney is a character in the Scream movies, which have a killer named Ghostface. DBD does not have the license for Scream, so neither Sidney nor Ghostface can be in the game. The killer in DBD is The Ghost Face, who is an entirely unrelated character wearing the same mask.

No, I am not joking.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 9, 2023

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I always wondered why the in game bio didn’t match my recollection of scream and figured the later movies must have retconned some poo poo

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Brenda for Ghost Face

And The Pig, I guess

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Yeah, Scream and DbD both separately got the license to use the Ghostface mask from the costume company who owns it. They actually manufacture a wearable costume for the one with the red devil horn mask, and it's labeled with DbD icons and stuff. You can get it at Spirit or Walmart usually.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Diabetic posted:

add Ruby for AvED Ash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

Yeah, Scream and DbD both separately got the license to use the Ghostface mask from the costume company who owns it. They actually manufacture a wearable costume for the one with the red devil horn mask, and it's labeled with DbD icons and stuff. You can get it at Spirit or Walmart usually.

I wonder if this is also true for Scary Movie. Was the wassup mask a creation of the movie and thus DBD’s ghostface is more officially associated with the Scream parody than the original, or did they themselves also run the direct mask licensing gambit to save money so the costume company owns that mask too?