Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
The Vet passive "Exhilarating Takedown" is reportedly bugged. This one is far down the left side of the passive tree IIRC. If you use this you take more damage instead of less.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/17q6ve3/psa_veterans_exhilerating_takedown_is_bugged_and/

some guy on reddit posted:

Yea, the talent uses toughness_damage_taken_modifier which usually is supposed to be negative (toughness_damage_taken_multiplier being positive). A minus is missing.

So, you're taking 30% increased toughness damage on max stacks. It's already been reported and acknowledged as a bug AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Evil Kit posted:

If you can be handle yourself in Heresy and only play pubs, just jump up to Damnation. The pubbies in Damnation are way, way better and the crafting mat pick ups are more than doubled. Dive in!

This times a million. Heresy is the new easy mode and you will get plenty of people trying out new weapons and generally slumming around not taking it seriously.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Diephoon posted:

The Vet passive "Exhilarating Takedown" is reportedly bugged. This one is far down the left side of the passive tree IIRC. If you use this you take more damage instead of less.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/17q6ve3/psa_veterans_exhilerating_takedown_is_bugged_and/

It's probably still better than the alternative of taking Deadshot...

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

.Z. posted:

It's probably still better than the alternative of taking Deadshot...

I love Deadshot now that it doesn't take a % of stamina.

Take the talent that gives 30% of your stamina on dodging ranged attacks, take at least one +3 stamina curio, and just do a ton of extra damage.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Exodee posted:

It's blasting time!

Although the trapper's voice lines are my favorite. She just sounds so happy and eager to get herself some rejects :allears:

Our group has taken to calling her the Wargamer with how giddy she is collecting new miniatures for her army. Ahuhuhuah.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Estel posted:

Powercreep has made malice even easier so people jump to heresy sooner, lots of them not having learned the basics of the game.

They really need to figure out a way to shift some of the difficulty away from ragers and into The Entire Rest of the Game because right now a rager swarm is pretty much the only thing that exposes frauds

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Nehru the Damaja posted:

They really need to figure out a way to shift some of the difficulty away from ragers and into The Entire Rest of the Game because right now a rager swarm is pretty much the only thing that exposes frauds

The thing I hate the most is when the director sends a crusher swarm at you that is actually masking a mauler swarm behind/within it, and then suddenly dogs.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Reiley posted:

Our group has taken to calling her the Wargamer with how giddy she is collecting new miniatures for her army. Ahuhuhuah.
Her name is Annette, please be respectful.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Diephoon posted:

Are you loving kidding me? I've been playing on hard mode the entire time?

Well that makes me feel better about my vet, that's for sure. I did wonder why they felt particularly fragile, but I thought that's just what the classes identity was.

Faaaaaaaaaaaatshaaaaaaaaark!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Carcer posted:

e: didn't realise I was replying to a comment from pages ago but its probably relevant on its own.

They should probably have a better indicator for when you're eating allies shot. Do they even tell you what the friendly fire "damage" symbol looks like?

If you are being shot by your team mates, you will see a green arc near your aim cursor in the direction of the FF, just like being hit by an enemy shows a blue arc if its eating your toughness, or a red arc if you're losing life.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

megane posted:

Her name is Annette, please be respectful.

Well played. :golfclap:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does someone have an accurate list of weapon base critical hit rates?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

SuperKlaus posted:

Crit rates are by class and not by weapon, I believe. 7.5% psyker, 5% veteran and zealot, 2.5% Ogryn.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Diephoon posted:

That explains why I didn't like my shooter builds and why I felt like wet paper, middle tree shout remains the best veteran build.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Main thing about ragers is their difficulty is 100% dependent on what weapon you are using, some weapons struggle hard against ragers and have to pray they die to gunfire before reaching them, other weapons can just stab them in the head for 2000 damage after dodging a mile backwards to create distance.

25% maniac and flak doesn't hurt either.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 8, 2023

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I dunno the extremely punishing disabler/DPS special combos are pretty brutal too if you fall for it.

EDIT: Like no joke a trapper or dog can basically kill you these days, especially trappers, because if feels like they're timed to immediately hit you with a poxburster or flamer.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
If you're trapped and a few poxwalkers are near you then that can be it right there. You're going down for sure.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

On the laspistol, Inferus (burn stacks) triggers Dumdum (+close range damage on repeated hit) on each tick of the burn, both for the purposes of building the stacks and for the purposes of keeping them. :2monocle:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Diephoon posted:

Oh dammit haha.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

On the laspistol, Inferus (burn stacks) triggers Dumdum (+close range damage on repeated hit) on each tick of the burn, both for the purposes of building the stacks and for the purposes of keeping them. :2monocle:

Oh lol I’m currently building a new las pistol because I have those two perks on mine and figured it wasn’t ideal.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I was shepherding two level 22 buddies and one of them accidentally picked high-intensity heresy. Figured I'd roll with it. Our fourth was a level 13. God drat man I tried. I tried.

Had the lowest coherency score because I was the only one alive for extended periods.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

I made a Darktide new player guide, it's a work in progress. But I think it's useful enough now to share.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQy-EfeZG_kpjKEWEys5GZ-XZWJfi5dWHU1cjnjxoCCido2lF1HKBbqQHWBG4RqIk-ADxggMxGtpoYq/pub

.Z. fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 9, 2023

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

How! posted:

Oh lol I’m currently building a new las pistol because I have those two perks on mine and figured it wasn’t ideal.

I just finished tweaking mine and even before this it was doing some serious work. It's pretty hilarious in the training simulation. The distance for what is considered "Close Range" also seems really, really far.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Brunt just had this on the scratch & ding rack:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

awwww baby's first boltgun

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I am now level 12. I am in love with the Eviscerator chainsword and horribly disappointed in the purgation flamer.

I now look like a 7 foot tall angry Scottish Joan of Arc.

Bardin Goriksen has transformed into Melk, Olesya and Lohner are medicae servitors and I'm not entirely sure if Kruber transformed into Sgt Maj Morrow or if it's someone doing a very similar voice.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Small update, switched over to using Docs publishing because I saw people's names were being used in comments and couldn't figure out a way to hide it.

New Player Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQy-EfeZG_kpjKEWEys5GZ-XZWJfi5dWHU1cjnjxoCCido2lF1HKBbqQHWBG4RqIk-ADxggMxGtpoYq/pub

Also spun off the mod section to it's own doc after Ander's added a bunch of suggestions.

Darktide Mod Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQSqh7WSMUQyn7uenKz_uVSoXfOJ8HL4degLidYrp-Tte8YcasScwpRnDIClIWgYJW5Tlc57CmR2i8r/pub

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Preechr posted:

Crit rates are by class and not by weapon, I believe. 7.5% psyker, 5% veteran and zealot, 2.5% Ogryn.

Thank you.

How does Empowered Psionics work with Kinetic Flayer? When Flayer procs does it eat a stack of Psionics to do more damage? If so, does that in turn proc the 15% toughness for using an empowered blitz?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

I am now level 12. I am in love with the Eviscerator chainsword and horribly disappointed in the purgation flamer.

Bardin Goriksen has transformed into Melk, Olesya and Lohner are medicae servitors and I'm not entirely sure if Kruber transformed into Sgt Maj Morrow or if it's someone doing a very similar voice.

It probably won't matter that much with the gear available at your current level, but the Flamer's Damage stat is one of it's dump stat as it only applies to the damage the flamer itself deals. It has no affect on the burning damage which is where most of the flamer's damage comes from. Burn, Cloud Radius, and Ammo stats are what matter.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 9, 2023

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

SuperKlaus posted:

Thank you.

How does Empowered Psionics work with Kinetic Flayer? When Flayer procs does it eat a stack of Psionics to do more damage? If so, does that in turn proc the 15% toughness for using an empowered blitz?

Just tested in the Psykhanium, Kinetic Flayer doesn't eat a Psionics charge so I'm guessing it's not supposed proc the rest of the Psionic effects, however because :fatshark: there's another unintended effect with Empowered Psionics. It is really really good if you're running Smite + Surge Staff. If you have an Empowered Psionics charge and use the Surge staff secondary, you get the damage bonus as if it were Smite, and you don't consume the charge afterwards. That's a free +125% damage to the Surge staff secondary attack. Doesn't work with Purgatus secondary ( I haven't tried Void or Trauma yet but I'm assuming it's the "projectile" common between the Smite and Surge staff that's responsible ).

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 9, 2023

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

The Eviscerator is such a great tool. It does a bunch of damage, it's rev makes it very good against hard targets, and if you know how to use the swing animations correctly, it can be used in almost any situation. It plays nice with bleed or crit builds and every Zealot should have at least one in their closet any time they've had a bad losing streak and want to just burn the world.

The flamer is good, but it's an acquired taste. It locks down chokes very well and can hold off basically an entire wave on its own. You give up a lot of versatility to carry it though, you lose range and you become vulnerable to several special types. The basic left click is just a gush of hot air and you can use it to keep even very heavy specials constantly staggered, but right+left is the real meat and potatoes of the weapon. I like to use the knives with the flamer because it gives you a mid to long range tool. It's one of those weapons whose role only truly becomes clear when you hit HE Heresy or Damnation and waves of even poxwalkers become pretty dangerous. I tried one when I was about level 15, hated it, and didn't touch it again until I had been 30 for a while. I'm still not in love with its role. I don't like giving up long range but I'm very grateful to have one around on dog maps.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Big same on the Eviscerator. It's excellent against both hordes and specials, really the only things it can't effortlessly handle by itself are crushers and particularly large groups of ragers. Every now and then I find myself experimenting with the hammers or heavy swords, but it's always back to the good old evis sooner rather than later.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The eviscerator handles basically everything but carapace armor neatly. If you ever want a change of pace I strongly recommend trying the chainaxe. It shreds on light hits, chews up armor and sounds the best of the chain weapons. Push > light > push > light is a serviceable horde manager and it needs a rev to handle maniacs but it's a lot of fun grinding metal guys to bits.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
revolver for crushers and disablers, evisc for everything else. it's a beautiful combination

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Enjoying knife/las pistol zealot a lot lately. Revolver is better against specials, and I switch to it if I'm on a team with ogryns too, but las with infernus really beats the hell out of bosses.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Lately I've mostly been using the Indignatus crusher on hi-int shocktroop missions, and it's legit super good. Its horde-clearing is almost but not quite as good as the heavy sword or eviscerator, but it can deal with groups of Ragers and Crushers much more easily thanks to its special attacks and super fast high-finesse-multiplier shove-attacks. You can spam that shove-attack so fast that entire Rager squads can just be stunlocked forever as long as you open up with the special to knock them out of their combos, while Crushers just die in a couple quick bonks to the head while they're stumbling around. (this gets rather stamina intensive though, so some appropriate curios are recommended)

SuperKlaus posted:

Preechr posted:

The knife (and maybe others?) has an innate bonus to critical hit chance of +15%. A lot of weapons also have a listed "critical bonus" stat though, which straight up gives you a bonus chance to crit. Off the top of my head the tactical axe and revolver have this (it's listed as a "melee chance" but I'm pretty sure it works on the revolver's shots)

edit: Found an image from the old Darkmass website (RIP):

It's outdated though (the blurb at the bottom about the Veteran is no longer correct for one thing) so I'm not sure if everything still matches up, but at the very least it shows that weapons do have a hidden crit chance modifier.

Exodee fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 9, 2023

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Yesterday I played with a pubbie Damnation Maelstrom game, my teammates were ranks 30, 29 and 18. But I had a lot of fun even though it was more difficult.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I helped get my friends last character to 30 on heresy and damnation maelstroms, he usually outperformed the pubs still.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Folks were asking for Ogrynomicon-level guides for other classes. This one's for Psyker.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2917274959

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Question: does the Xbox gamepass playerbase overlap with the Steam playerbase ir would my Xbox buddy not be able to play with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arc Hammer posted:

Question: does the Xbox gamepass playerbase overlap with the Steam playerbase ir would my Xbox buddy not be able to play with me?

Crossplay is fully enabled. Xbox, PC Gamepass and Steam players all can play together.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 9, 2023