Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, will we be able to at least choose how Fyre looks and what gender he or she is or is that all set from the beginning?
You can customize gender. And as far as appearance customization goes, I've only seen outfits explicitly mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Charming Man
Apr 18, 2010

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

How about a vampire story about the childer of a powerful ventrue patriarch, who, try as he might, cannot live up to the legacy of his lower generation sire. Meanwhile he's struggling to guide his own offspring who he suspects might even be thinbloods. I call it "The Ventrue Brothers"

:golfclap:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, will we be able to at least choose how Fyre looks and what gender he or she is or is that all set from the beginning?

Phyre*

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yes?
/

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Phestival.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress it, I'm just gonna play V Rising some more.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

they got a bolo tie and dress shirt underneath a tie-waist leather jacket with stupid little anarchist pins, holy poo poo. its like a ranch owner is trying to dress punk

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I honestly like how silly it look. It fits with the character having gone to torpor somewhere in the 1900s and having no idea about modern fashion.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Sylphosaurus posted:

You determine Fyre’s personality and appearance through a prologue sequence set in a festival.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I am a cishet white man who posts on this comedy forum full of IT geeks and even I recognize the dire fashion sense. What is going on there

Phyre is an Elder, I feel like this was well addressed in the documentary “What We Do In The Shadows”

(I would love if you could be a hard partying Nosferatu like the elder in that show but we can’t have nice things)

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

:five:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Sylphosaurus posted:

The Halloween video described your player character as being like Commander Shepard, so... maybe? They haven't actually shown anything related to the character generation, so there's no telling at this point exactly what visual tweaks you can make on your character. The concept art showed both male and female versions, so you probably have at least as much choice there as Bloodlines 1 had?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
WoD/Bloodlines Video Games Megathread: Taking the Night Road to Phyre Phestival

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hope everybody involved in making this gets phyred

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

If i can't dress my idiot elder self insert in a cat-in-the-hat-and-fur-coat what's the point?

I'll also accept having a character's true clan spoiled by what tier of armor they're wearing.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think if there were a full on character creator they probably would have mentioned it by now. Though maybe it will be like Bloodlines 1 where each clan and gender combo had their own look.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Sylphosaurus posted:

Phyre has all the power and that power is EXTREME

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

You determine Fyre’s personality and appearance through a prologue sequence set in a festival.

*Phyre

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

How about a vampire story about the childer of a powerful ventrue patriarch, who, try as he might, cannot live up to the legacy of his lower generation sire. Meanwhile he's struggling to guide his own offspring who he suspects might even be thinbloods. I call it "The Ventrue Brothers"

fantastic

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

WrightOfWay posted:

I think if there were a full on character creator they probably would have mentioned it by now. Though maybe it will be like Bloodlines 1 where each clan and gender combo had their own look.

Given the dev team size behind this, I'm going to assume it'll be premade outfits based on gender/class.

Although, they are doing third person cutscenes so I expect horse armor DLC to meet Paradox's endless cash-grab requirements for their games.

Also, if the Malk DLC doesn't have the PC singing "Girl on Phyre", what is even the point of this game?

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

phantastic

E: Come on, Phenotype!

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 10, 2023

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fuzz posted:

WoD/Bloodlines Video Games Megathread: Taking the Night Road to Phyre Phestival

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tetrabor posted:

Given the dev team size behind this, I'm going to assume it'll be premade outfits based on gender/class.

Hell, I'm assuming the PC has an androgynous/nonbinary look simply because it minimizes the work they have to do between male and female customizations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

TGG posted:

sick

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

McSpanky posted:

Hell, I'm assuming the PC has an androgynous/nonbinary look simply because it minimizes the work they have to do between male and female customizations.

wait

what if you chose your elder's gender and only the "host" is always an enby?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

TGG posted:

Just wait until Phyre finds their old coterie and gets them all out of torpor. Seattle will tremble when Eayrth, Phyire, Whynd, Whatar, and Heayrte all combine their powers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

Just wait until Phyre finds their old coterie and gets them all out of torpor. Seattle will tremble when Eayrth, Phyire, Whynd, Whatar, and Heayrte all combine their powers.

To form Captain Who Gives a Phuck

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Go, Phlanet!" cries out Phyre, after coming out of such a long torpor. The end of the Second Inquisition beckons.

TO BE CONTINUED

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

TheCenturion posted:

lol that calls my attention to the fact that "reawakened vampire meets up with old pals and finds out the hard way that they are total assholes" is sooo standard and straightforward a story beat here that I have absolutely no faith in it being executed well

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

CainFortea posted:

I can't see this image without thinking of this comic.

been a while since I saw a soulstorm reference but it makes sense given his chosen service

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pnutz posted:

been a while since I saw a soulstorm reference but it makes sense given his chosen service

What is soulstorm and what's the reference?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CainFortea posted:

Soulstorm is an expansion pack for the 40K game Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, and is memetic for it's charming jankiness, which includes a badly accented Space Marine leader talking about his 'Spehss Marehns' and their tactic of 'Steel Rain' (basically ineffectively dropping small squads of troops from orbit). That said, i don't think Max (the comic artist) was deliberately making a video game reference; 'Steel Rain' just sounds like the usual moto BS that a Marine would think sounds cool.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

CommissarMega posted:

That said, i don't think Max (the comic artist) was deliberately making a video game reference; 'Steel Rain' just sounds like the usual moto BS that a Marine would think sounds cool.

Yup.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/15/magazine/steel-rain-army-artillery.html
https://www.nationalguard.mil/Resou...20the%20nation.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

Soulstorm is an expansion pack for the 40K game Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, and is memetic for it's charming jankiness, which includes a badly accented Space Marine leader talking about his 'Spehss Marehns' and their tactic of 'Steel Rain' (basically ineffectively dropping small squads of troops from orbit). That said, i don't think Max (the comic artist) was deliberately making a video game reference; 'Steel Rain' just sounds like the usual moto BS that a Marine would think sounds cool.

Steel Rain is what mortar teams call it when they are shooting a bunch of mortars.

Also 0341 is the mortar team MOS.

Adam Driver was assigned to the Weapons Company in 1st Marines as an 81mm mortarman. That's what the 1 in the diamond is referencing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Explains why the dude is reportedly weird as gently caress

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The only marines weirder than any kind of indirect fire group is the air wing people.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

CainFortea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

it was a meme on the internet from a couple internet-generations ago

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

pnutz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

it was a meme on the internet from a couple internet-generations ago

Wrong video, heretic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
you know those bits of the trailer that looked tremere as hell? yeah turns out it's because tremere is a playable clan

who even knew?

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/clans/tremere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Not BH, my interest just plummeted severely.

Gonna be a slew of all the bread and butter "traditionally white people, aka protagonists, in older editions" clans.

Meh.