Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

So I first thought he meant he had a kids magician for a childhood birthday and he adopted the rabbit, but no this was a birthday when he was in his 40s. How long do we think that rabbit lived?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

AFAIK he has never mentioned a pet rabbit before that post so, as they say, what does your heart tell you?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I believe the magician and the rabbit were the only ones who came.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Juul-Whip posted:

AFAIK he has never mentioned a pet rabbit before that post so, as they say, what does your heart tell you?

There's a good chance that "adopted" means "purchased by Neuralink". Poor Thumper...:(

I had a long drive yesterday and got through the entire 4-parter by the Tech Won't Save Us podcast about Musk. It's a really good take-down of his horrific business practices, his technological ignorance, his bullshit-spinning and, really, his complete awfulness as a human being. And it does a good job of calling out all the people and organisations (and the system in general) that enabled Musk to get where he is with all the "Real-world Tony Stark :allears:" stuff.

There's a brilliant compilation of Musk insisting that full, zero-input, coast-to-coast self driving will be available 'next year' across multiple years, and some credulous soft-ball interviewer just going "Wow!" each time.

It also features a lot of (too many) clips of Musk actually talking and, wow, he really is a charisma void. There are some bits of him speaking during his Zip2 days and it's incredible that he was able to convince anyone to give him so much as a cent.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The rabbit was terminal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The rabbit would have wanted to advance science, and Musk's profits.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Carpet posted:

So I first thought he meant he had a kids magician for a childhood birthday and he adopted the rabbit, but no this was a birthday when he was in his 40s. How long do we think that rabbit lived?

To quote Nailbunny from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac:
""You bought me from the pet store, fed me once, and then nailed me to the wall; THREE YEARS AGO. I dont have to imagine.""

Just replace "pet store" with "magician".

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Christ, I ended up stumbling upon Shivon Zilis’s twitter (currently known as x) account, and it’s just full of the most credulous, surface level posting about scientific ideas along with vaguely related mentions of video games and occasionally Polytopia. Not a single sign of a critical thought. She’s perfect for Musk so I understand why he insisted on having kids with her. Just some of the cringiest people on the planet

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Yeah, goddamn, that's hosed up. Even if he bought the rabbit (and that's not how he phrased it) that's a lovely situation to put the magician in. What's he going to do, say no to the rich guy?

"So, haha, I can keep the rabbit, right?"
"Well, uh, she's not really for sale. I've had her for years and-"
"Oh, but it's so cute! I want it. Besides, haha, you've still got that hat. Can always just pull out another one, can't you?"
"Y-yeah. Yeah, for sure. That's a good point, sir! But I'd still like to keep my-"
"It's my birthday."

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
he had a tantrum until the magician gave him the rabbit

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Boy would that destroy the suspension, proud of him

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I believe the magician and the rabbit were the only ones who came.

Musk did too but only into a canister for his private reserve

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ben shapino posted:

we are going to have to come up with new words to describe how pathetic this poo poo is, like normal english just doesn't even come close

i feel ill reading that loving poo poo god drat

Exactly what I was going to say upon reading this, my gorge rose

When I was like 8 I held a "paper airplane olympics" at my house because I had a book about paper airplanes that suggested it. Like 10 friends/classmates came over and we had various paper airplane events, some involving speed/accuracy, some involving tricks and loops and things. I made up a PAO logo and pasted it up all over the house with bunting and poo poo. I made up 1st/2nd/3rd place prize ribbons for the winners and had a whole points system set up for tabulating the results. But because it was my idea and my party and my book, I took the whole thing way too seriously and expected everyone else to do the same, but they were just there to have fun and made one or two basic airplanes on the spot, and I kept winning because I had preemptively made a whole array of specialized airplanes as directed by the book, each one for a specific event. Of course because I had stacked the deck fully in my favor most of them stopped having fun very quickly and got bored and started peeling off to play with each other or watch TV or whatever. I ended up having to chase the 2nd and 3rd place winners down in different rooms to give them their ribbons.

I sometimes wake up thinking about that to this day, having learned the lesson that if it's your party you don't spend the whole time awarding yourself trophies, not unless you want everyone to loving loathe you.

And yet you know he thinks it's making him more likable, just like I did when that day dawned

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yaccarino: Can't wait!

The #hits keep coming on X!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Data Graham posted:

When I was like 8 I held a "paper airplane olympics" at my house because I had a book about paper airplanes that suggested it. Like 10 friends/classmates came over and we had various paper airplane events, some involving speed/accuracy, some involving tricks and loops and things. I made up a PAO logo and pasted it up all over the house with bunting and poo poo. I made up 1st/2nd/3rd place prize ribbons for the winners and had a whole points system set up for tabulating the results. But because it was my idea and my party and my book, I took the whole thing way too seriously and expected everyone else to do the same, but they were just there to have fun and made one or two basic airplanes on the spot, and I kept winning because I had preemptively made a whole array of specialized airplanes as directed by the book, each one for a specific event. Of course because I had stacked the deck fully in my favor most of them stopped having fun very quickly and got bored and started peeling off to play with each other or watch TV or whatever. I ended up having to chase the 2nd and 3rd place winners down in different rooms to give them their ribbons.

I sometimes wake up thinking about that to this day, having learned the lesson that if it's your party you don't spend the whole time awarding yourself trophies, not unless you want everyone to loving loathe you.

And yet you know he thinks it's making him more likable, just like I did when that day dawned

Ah gently caress I read through this as an unsourced Musk quote lol.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Juul-Whip posted:

Doesn't even mention the rabbit's name or any details in that post. Not even using it as an excuse to throw out the hilarious reference he named the bunny after, like "Watership Down!" or something. It's just "the rabbit", because that's how pet owners talk about their beloved pets.

Yeah, that rabbit is dead.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
When Musk first said he was developing his own AI because the existing ones were too biased and woke, people on this thread said that his problem with ChatGPT etc. was that they didn't call Elon Musk the greatest, most perfect thing in human history and that's how he knew they were flawed. And that Musk's idea of a good AI would just be a chatbot that spewed out how awesome Elon Musk was.

I thought they were being humorously hyperbolic. But it seems they weren't. There really seems to be no lower limit to how pathetic and unselfaware he can be. It's incredible to see.

The bit that got the visceral bile-rising cringe reaction from me was when Musk said that "Grok is designed to answer questions with a bit of wit and has a rebellious streak, so please don't use it if you hate humor!".

Just purestrain late-2000s Redditor-brain. So edgy! It's just a joke! If you object to n-words and f-words you just don't have a sense of humour!

And the classic confusion of wit and sarcasm. Funny sarcasm actually requires some sort of empathy and understanding of the audience and/or target, and Musk has absolutely none.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

All EV sellers do this so much it's probably illegal but no one seems to do anything about it

Less "illegal" and more "that whole bullshit about miles per gallon, but they make you think highway MPG(the efficient one) is city MPG(the poo poo rate one)" which car companies now have to clarify if they're talking city or highway because they pulled that scam back in... 2006 or so? Yeah, even then, Lonnie is behind the curve, cribbing the pre-regulations numbers massaging.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If he found out about this thread he'd have Jeffrey assassinated.

Chances are good he tried to join back in the heyday of people getting banned because they're insufferable meme-repeaters or for grammar and punctuation, and got banned :lol:

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Data Graham posted:

When I was like 8 I held a "paper airplane olympics" at my house because I had a book about paper airplanes that suggested it. Like 10 friends/classmates came over and we had various paper airplane events, some involving speed/accuracy, some involving tricks and loops and things. I made up a PAO logo and pasted it up all over the house with

When i was 8 I would have crushed you at paper airplane olympics.. book or not.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Mistle posted:

Chances are good he tried to join back in the heyday of people getting banned because they're insufferable meme-repeaters or for grammar and punctuation, and got banned :lol:

I like to think he's one of the people who toxxed for McCain back in 2008 and didn't realize he could register a new account, because that's the funniest option.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

So since the US pairing is 'trunk/frunk', is the UK version 'boot/froot'?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Internet Old One posted:

When i was 8 I would have crushed you at paper airplane olympics.. book or not.

I should have invited you, it would have done me years worth of good

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

why anyone would believe him about a rabbit when he was called out on lying about his own loving son dying in his arms...

i cant stand this guy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:yikes:

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

This ruined my entire morning, thanks.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Waiting for my son to grow up to understand this

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Kit Walker posted:

Christ, I ended up stumbling upon Shivon Zilis’s twitter (currently known as x) account, and it’s just full of the most credulous, surface level posting about scientific ideas along with vaguely related mentions of video games and occasionally Polytopia. Not a single sign of a critical thought.

She’s a CEO alright

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
let her yacc

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Counted posted:

So, an article came out with more details about this and the person pretending to be a trans kid admitted to it on air in a radio interview: https://coloradotimesrecorder.com/2023/11/leader-of-anti-lgbtq-group-admits-to-posing-as-a-9-year-old-girl-on-crisis-hotline/57777/

This makes me so loving angry. These motherfuckers are pure evil

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Jesus CHRIST.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Doesn't even mention the rabbit's name or any details in that post. Not even using it as an excuse to throw out the hilarious reference he named the bunny after, like "Watership Down!" or something. It's just "the rabbit", because that's how pet owners talk about their beloved pets.

Yeah, that rabbit is dead.

On the bright side I think it’s highly likely there never was a pet rabbit and he just made that story up as yet another example of his limitless charity and selfless love for all living things. And of course his zany sense of humour, his legendary knack for off-the-cuff goofs and gags. What a card! If you ask tallulah about it she’d prob be like “what are you taking about” lol

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 9, 2023

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Pookah posted:

So since the US pairing is 'trunk/frunk', is the UK version 'boot/froot'?

according to the latest yougov.uk polling, it's a tie between "rooty-tooty-bumbag-booty" and "Frunky McFrunkface"

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Why does he say that's accurate? All his kids were conceived by means of a turkey baster. Guy didn't even do the most fun part of making them.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Do we know much about Yaccarino? Has she always been this awkward and pathetic or is she just really good at fitting in with her workplace culture? Or do we think she's just taking a title, does nothing, and lets Musk sockpuppet her account?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

LOL now I want to compete against you in the paper airplane olympics.

Back in 2002 or so, a bunch of guys at my job got into PS2 Madden, and we held a tournament, and I go over to my boss's house one night and the motherfucker has a 3 ring binder with laminated plays, and schemes, situational plays, the whole nine yards. He smoked me.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Juul-Whip posted:

She’s a CEO alright

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

What is it with goons and thinking Musk sockpuppets literally every account?

Linda is pushing 60 years old, she has a background in advertising, and is just a bland rear end person. That's exactly how I would expect her to post about anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lmao