Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh my god i forgot she existed, seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Goddammit, guess I'll be pulling on her, too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://streamable.com/yeab4h

her animations are insane

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

sushibandit posted:

Her attack string, idles, and skill animations look amazing too. Definite must-pull.
https://streamable.com/yeab4h

I'm in danger.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh my god the little smile during her burst

:swoon:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

My primo's in danger.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

She's got style, she's got grace...

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Tampa Bae posted:

In Furina's story updates apparently after getting her vision she decided to pick a fight with Vivianne of the Lake which is, ofc immune to hydro so she got her rear end kicked lol

Extremely powerful Aqua energy

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

hiddenriverninja posted:

She's got style, she's got grace...

She'll shoot you in the face

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh cool she's marisa kirisame

Kale
May 14, 2010

35 pulls into 50/50 tonight and 2 Charlotte's, 2 Collei's and a Rust bow to further augment Yoimiya's to show for it and then hit my threshold of 40K and decided to pause for now. Pretty good early luck on this banner.

And that's why I'm maintaining a certain threshold cause it's go time through the next several patches if all rumours prove true.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

gonna quote this the next time some dingus posts about weapon type limitations in character design

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't think I'd roll on anyone for aesthetics alone. I like Hu Tao a lot as a character, and she's strong, even, but I hate her playstyle so much that I've passed her up twice now. And I'll do it again.

Consider yourself warned: don't be a needy hypercarry with extremely specific teambuilding and gameplay restrictions, Clorinde. No matter how cool you look.
I withdraw this statement. I'll roll on Navia even if she's worse than Dehya.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Meowywitch posted:

oh cool she's marisa kirisame

Oh goddamnit why did you have to make that comparison now I want her. :mad:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I have a cinnabar spindle sitting around and thought well ok I guess I'll chuck it on her, a damage boost to skill damage is ok even if she otherwise doesn't need defense

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I noticed that sometimes Navia has the sunglasses on during her attack string and takes them off at the end.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Siegwinne is so drat weird I must roll for her

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Paimon's pissed...oh how I wish that line was VA'd.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Chevreuse idles/animations/skills - looks like the same person who did the Navia showcase from earlier. Meh.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qw3jVsyXHUA

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Clorinde looks to be filling the emotionally cool electro woman spot in my heart currently occupied by Raiden

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo I just totally went with the some good fellas to rub out a guy who tried to kill me

Fontaine is crazy

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Nakar posted:

I noticed that sometimes Navia has the sunglasses on during her attack string and takes them off at the end.

I'm not sure why animations are a spoiler but Navia is very immersion-breaking. If sunglasses existed in this world there is no way Diluc would not be wearing them. At night.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Every time we get through a new archon chapter, I wonder if "Is This Novel Amazing?" is some sort of metacommentary on how much the developers love piling more layers of Stuff on top of the story.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Got my boy Baizhu tonight! He is as fantastic for Cyno as I'd hoped. Only at 70/70 for tonight but it should be quick enough to bump him up to 80 tomorrow. No regrets.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I've been on break since the first desert area, and based on the characters released since then I've felt no need to log in for daily commission primos. Guess that changes now.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

"Oh come on they just released an hours long Archon Quest full of twists and turns and Lore and people are already talking about leaks for next version instead?

<Clicks>

Whenever Navia is not on screen people should be asking"where's Navia" because she is the best.

AQ
Also almost getting Furina to confide in us before dropping her into the trial instead felt unnecessarily mean. So did a lot of the trial. Skirk is weird and I choose to believe her having a Modern Herrscher Costume is a coincidence. And wait did Nuevilette give away an empty Gnosis and that's apparently good enough for the Fatui?

But again holy poo poo Navia is cool.

--edit
Also lol that I guess story wise we've been in jail since last update.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
This game could really use FF14's "Upon speaking to Furina, several cutscenes will play in sequence..." warning sometimes.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

This game could really use FF14's "Upon speaking to Furina, several cutscenes will play in sequence..." warning sometimes.

I mean, that’s just my basic assumption on anything to do with Furina.

She’s not the type for a quick, informative chat.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
So who are good healers to pair with Furina to take advantage of her healing overcap mechanic?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

So who are good healers to pair with Furina to take advantage of her healing overcap mechanic?

You want healers that can do party wide big heals (think Barbara or Jean's bursts) rather than single target healers like Shinobu and Bennet. Baizhu works particularly nicely as he doesn't need a burst to do his heals. Charlott and Yaoyao are some other 4* options.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Kokomi is also excellent if you can have her as your on-fielder.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Noelle is also another good on fielder.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Incoherence posted:

Every time we get through a new archon chapter, I wonder if "Is This Novel Amazing?" is some sort of metacommentary on how much the developers love piling more layers of Stuff on top of the story.
Hardest quest line to clear in the game easy for me. I was stuck on Inazuma commissions for months cause of that thing. They really need to fix the spawning rules for that event where if you've done the first part it only spawns again if you've completed one of the next ones in the commission sequence like how it was with Garcia's Paean. I swear I had that stupid first part of the quest respawn so many times instead though. I probably went through that whole cycle at least 5 times before Storytelling Method actually triggered as a world quest, which was the last thing I needed to do in Inazuma by a lot. It was similar to Anna's whole commission line only to a less severe degree.

Excelzior posted:

oh my god the little smile during her burst

:swoon:
It's that Cheshire cat grin as seen in various breakout blonde anime girls in recent popular anime/game content. She flashed it in the Fontaine teaser too. It's becoming like the Dreamworks face that says I'm a confident, but fun loving bundle of energy that's guaranteed to make a scene everywhere I go.

Vargs posted:

I've been on break since the first desert area, and based on the characters released since then I've felt no need to log in for daily commission primos. Guess that changes now.
This is starting to shape up like what I referred to as "the gauntlet", which was a stretch near the end of Inazuma where after a short respite where I skipped out on Itto (still don't have him), in rapid succession there was Shenhe, Ganyu first rerun, Yae, Raiden first rerun, Kokomi first rerun, Ayato, Ayaka first rerun, Yelan and Kazuha first rerun, where pretty much everybody was guaranteed to want at least a couple characters in there and it just destroyed most of my primo gem stock leading to me having to skip Nilou the first time around to guarantee Nahida and having to rely on 50/50 and luck to get characters like Alhaitham and Wanderer and after that aside from getting Nilou on her rerun there just wasn't much of anything I super wanted for basically 3/4 of Sumeru since it was either a whole lot of reruns or just new 4 stars that weren't a pain in the rear end to spark. From about 3.5-4.0 was the longest stretch of kind of just "eh" banners the game has ever had easily though, which in retrospect I'm pretty grateful for looking at what's coming up, since I don't have anything else to farm out anymore really besides Fontaine now.

It also just doesn't look like they're going to let up much in the Fontaine arc and this could continue through to 4.6 with characters they know people will want to roll for like the rumored Cloud Retainer, Arlecchino and Clorinde. Chiori is a bit of a mystery, but knowing Mihoyo she'll have probably enough glam and personality to garner some level of following. I'm envisioning caustic boss lady like Madam M from FFVII remake or perhaps Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke in terms of temperament and style. Like something like the Soup Nazi only for clothing and fashion and lines equivalent to "you are the only one that understands me traveler." in her inevitable story quest.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

watch Chiori be just one more opportunity for mihoyo to deny us an alternative skin for the Traveler

"Thank you traveler, here, have one of my creations"

"oh I simply couldn't accept a gift from such a good friend :dumb:"

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Excelzior posted:

watch Chiori be just one more opportunity for mihoyo to deny us an alternative skin for the Traveler

"Thank you traveler, here, have one of my creations"

"oh I simply couldn't accept a gift from such a good friend :dumb:"

You only get the skin if you pull for Chiori and get her to friendship level 10. :)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm still gonna skip navia for 4.4 but she's very tempting.

geo the element of kicking your weapon at people

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I was running out of things to do this morning and I didn't want to collect chests so I decided to do the Abyss Floor 8 since I hadn't attempted them yet.

Cleared everything super easily up until Floor 9, Chamber 1 when I just got perma-froze until I had left was a Yelan. Still cleared the floor but lol I have level 1 basic attack on her so I just gave up on floor 3.

anyway, Neuvellette really makes this easy, huh? All the chambers I used him in got cleared in under a minute

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Leraika posted:

geo the element of kicking your weapon at people
I legit wonder if it will be dash-cancelable and retain the kicked weapon hits like Zhongli.

Mailer posted:

I'm not sure why animations are a spoiler but Navia is very immersion-breaking. If sunglasses existed in this world there is no way Diluc would not be wearing them. At night.
His Vision is augmented.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Navia's friend/underling Silver has those sunglasses so the immersion should already broken. (Ayato's boba is still more surprising to me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
sunglasses existed in 1700s europe and in fact have existed in their current form (tinted lenses in frame) since roughly the 1300s