Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i am going to turn jeffrey's computer off

Jose Valasquez posted:

It has to gently caress Jeffrey all the time, it's already turned off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Outrail posted:

Funny Forum Quotes: Thread getting weird again.

E:

smilingfish posted:

I responded to a scam text message with the pig balls, the scammer got really mad.

I love this stupid loving website :allears:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

oldpainless posted:

Ariel was the worst kind of person: a rich, white, (presumably) Jewish, straight woman.

Why would she be Jewish?

Her grandad is a pagan god and her best friend is a crustacean.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why would she be Jewish?

What you're saying is that she goes to great lengths to avoid eating shellfish.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
See also Dr Zoidberg.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why would she be Jewish?

"Friends, Not Food" is established elsewhere in the Disney canon as well.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Friends good, food better

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
smdh if u wouldn't eat out your friends

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

See also Dr Zoidberg.

I thought it was ironic zoidberg isn't kosher but then humans aren't either

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I only enjoy boobs that kill me through poor decision and not direct violence

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why would she be Jewish?

'Ariel' is a Jewish name, I guess they're pushing that angle?

I've been googling to try and find out whether King Triton is circumcised but the internet is NOT being helpful :f5:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've been googling to try and find out whether King Triton is circumcised but the internet is NOT being helpful :f5:

You need a more specific search than "Disney movie clips".

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Look at those abs, he's clearly cut

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The uncut cut-cut of A Little Mermaid

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the dickfish...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The horngus of the dongfish.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
The last thread the "I'm on crack" video was posted in a "helpful" goon ruined it for me by saying that that guy did something bad or was problematic somehow.

Too many of my favorite artists are garbage people and it makes for a moral quandary.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

The last thread the "I'm on crack" video was posted in a "helpful" goon ruined it for me by saying that that guy did something bad or was problematic somehow.

Too many of my favorite artists are garbage people and it makes for a moral quandary.

It turns out that the cover to their 1999 album 'Tight' may have been a bit of a red flag, in hindsight

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Are you familiar with The Tempest?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I’m with ya in the disappointment, but just to avoid minimizing it Jimmy Urine is not just ‘problematic’ he was allegedly secretly grooming and dating a 15 year old during the time we were actively listening to MSI (late 90s early 2000s). Jimmy Urine not being satirical and actually being a pedophilic sex pest circa the beginning of his career shouldn’t be shocking, but I was too young to critically think about that when introduced and I never really reanalyzed that until the allegations came out decades later.

Bloodhound Gang seems to shockingly be allegation free still if you want kinda awful juvenile poo poo pee pee humor, but I’ve learned not to be shocked for something to come out at any point about them or any other artists I enjoy without knowing IRL.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why would she be Jewish?

She complains a lot

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I maintain to this day that The Little Mermaid would only be improved if Ariel and the other mermaids were horrifying anglerfish-looking fishmen. Everything else remains unchanged, same VAs and musical numbers and script and general animation direction, but Ariel's a Lovecraftian Deep One.

e: basically gender-swapped PG-rated The Shape of Water, come to think of it

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm reasonably certain there's an H-game of that exact concept floating somewhere in the horrible recesses of the Internet.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
this is basically the plot of the movie Dagon (it is not)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Empty Sandwich posted:

this is basically the plot of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10 Episode 8

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jedit posted:

lmao

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm reasonably certain there's an H-game of that exact concept floating somewhere in the horrible recesses of the Internet.

Glub_glub_he_whispers.jpg

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zetsubou-san posted:

jesus christ doo doo doo doo doo doo

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Evilreaver posted:

Glub_glub_he_whispers.jpg

This pic got me sent to Facebook jail twice and then I tried a differently cropped copy and got sent back a third time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

zedprime posted:

Oat nachos... Ochos

Brawnfire posted:

Too late. I eight it already.

Brawnfire posted:

Tasted mostly like huit.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hachi machi

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why I octa

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

flavor.flv posted:

Why I octa

Vy I,I,I octa

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

EorayMel posted:

:twitter: some facts abut ariel sharon :twitter:

Study this and learn to post like a MASTER

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

I’m with ya in the disappointment, but just to avoid minimizing it Jimmy Urine is not just ‘problematic’ he was allegedly secretly grooming and dating a 15 year old during the time we were actively listening to MSI (late 90s early 2000s). Jimmy Urine not being satirical and actually being a pedophilic sex pest circa the beginning of his career shouldn’t be shocking, but I was too young to critically think about that when introduced and I never really reanalyzed that until the allegations came out decades later.

Bloodhound Gang seems to shockingly be allegation free still if you want kinda awful juvenile poo poo pee pee humor, but I’ve learned not to be shocked for something to come out at any point about them or any other artists I enjoy without knowing IRL.

Jimmy urine trouble

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Jedit posted:

quotes, inside, etc

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:krust: How well known is the message board LUE over here? :krust:

Movolo posted:

I was banned from it for being to cool so I decided to join this place. I hope you love me.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Movolo posted:

I'm going to get banned?

Movolo posted:

I'm probably not going to post for a while now

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh man is that Movolo who was Movolo over there too, cause that poster's nickname was "faucet dick" for probably-obvious reasons

single neurons firing away in my brain dedicated to lore on random LUE users I haven't thought of in literal decade plus at this point

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
This one is pretty text-heavy, but I had a good laugh:

2022:

Captain Hygiene posted:

So I went back on my previous Dan Simmons post and dived back in for one more when I saw that he'd written another historical novel, The Abominable. It actually mostly manages to sidestep the specific gripes with him I complained about earlier, but I really need to talk about it somewhere because what it does instead is go to some real places.

The early and midsections of the book are actually pretty decent, an ostensible memoir about a guy involved with a small group that was one of the earliest western attempts to conquer Mt. Everest back in the 1920s. But what bugged me for a while was the title clearly placing it in the context of The Terror's mix of natural and supernatural horror, whereas this book is almost exclusively concerned with the real-life concerns of dangerous mountain expeditions up to this point. While it briefly alludes to the yeti mythos early on, nothing comes of it for most of the book. Until the 2/3 point, when it suddenly tries to set up the idea that yetis attacked and killed a bunch of the expedition's Sherpa crew, only to reveal within about 20 pages that there was no supernatural element, it was all just badguys with guns and monster suits trying to kill or scare off that group.

But that's not the wild part.

In the last ~20% of the story, it's suddenly revealed that the entire expedition was secretly an orchestrated sham to get to a dead guy way up near the top of Everest, who had incriminating photos in his pocket of up-and-coming politician Adolph Hitler having sex with young boys. And there's a bunch of proto-nazis chasing the group up the mountain, culminating in an armed fight somewhere up above 28,000 feet before the heroes win. And then the protagonist gradually makes his way back down and eventually gets to England to turn in the photos to a 1920s Winston Churchill. And also, T. E. Lawrence is there, and so is Charles Chaplin, who gives a funny performance for the group. And then it just kind of winds down with a hand-wavey early WWII history saying that the photos' blackmail potential was the whole reason Germany didn't invade Great Britain?

Just......WHAT? What did I read? Did I dream the whole thing? This feels like it's beyond a :psyduck: response, it needs a full on :psyboom:

2023:

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just terrible book'd myself again on accident. :negative:

I was going through my book list and decided to reread this one for some mountain climbing adventures - big mistake, I had completely forgotten everything related to those late story spoilers. I just got there this morning, and I'm angry all over again. It's one of the times I've turned the hardest on a book that I was generally enjoying, it's so unnecessary and stupid. The book would be so much better if they completely ditched all of that plotline and stuck to the mountaineering parts.

Well, rant over. I look forward to having this same complaint in another couple years when I've once again forgotten everything related to that later stuff.

HelleSpud posted:

Captain Hygiene wakes on a new morning and ventures to the water closet to live up to his name.

He begins to undress but suddenly, a dark smear catches his eye. Divesting himself of his shirt he sees a tattoo on his stomach.

"Don't read Dan Simmons"

Bending to see it better he spots another.

"Specifically, The Abominable "

What is this? Where did this come from? He has no memory of the process. A third tattoo - just a series of tick marks.

How did they get here? How did he get here? Frantically twisting to search for clues he spots one more.

"You probably should have just put a post it on the cover. That would have been easier."

He would get to the bottom of this, and he knew just where to start. He had some reading to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh man is that Movolo who was Movolo over there too, cause that poster's nickname was "faucet dick" for probably-obvious reasons

single neurons firing away in my brain dedicated to lore on random LUE users I haven't thought of in literal decade plus at this point

i cannot think of a single obvious reason for faucet dick that doesnt involve a grievous bodily injury or a horrible malformation