Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nix Panicus posted:

He dies by falling in wet concrete, flying to the top of a building, then drying into a gargoyle. Its amazing

Yeah, the gargoyle end turned a great scene into an amazing one.

What a great film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Reposting as a proper embed now that I'm no longer phoneposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKX9fGvF63E

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want Disney to introduce mini-Yoda

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you wanted to see some more of this discourse it's apparently still out there

https://twitter.com/MamasGeeky/status/1722312290073198963

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Nix Panicus posted:

He dies by falling in wet concrete, flying to the top of a building, then drying into a gargoyle. Its amazing

Grotesque.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgouXyMz7Pc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

god why does it look like they slapped an instagram filter on the entire movie. looks (visually) like poo poo even though it looks (generally) like it might be good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

loquacius posted:

If you wanted to see some more of this discourse it's apparently still out there

if not liking a new MCU movie makes me a chud then heck,

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

At this point my brain is having trouble discerning between MCU movies and the background noise of the universe.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

loquacius posted:

I don't get the impression there's much hate toward the movie itself, it's just become a symbol of the decline of the MCU's relevance.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YaketySass posted:

I don't get the impression there's much hate toward the movie itself, it's just become a symbol of the decline of the MCU's relevance.

There are shouty internet dudes screeching about it, but they screech about literally every movie in the exact same way in hopes of striking gold so anyone who pays close attention to them is a dang fool.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
the trans gremlin turned me into a chaser at age 10

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
When Trump is re-elected I can't wait for the deluge of AI-generated articles about why Ant Man 5 is The Movie We Need Right Now.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Srice posted:

There are shouty internet dudes screeching about it, but they screech about literally every movie in the exact same way in hopes of striking gold so anyone who pays close attention to them is a dang fool.

*seeing a thumbnail of Ben Shapiro's 40-something gray-haired soyface in front of a graphic reading BEN SHAPIRO DESTROYS THE MARVELS* our democracy is under attack

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

loquacius posted:

dudes (men) rock

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Srice posted:

CineD in shambles

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

indigi posted:

god why does it look like they slapped an instagram filter on the entire movie. looks (visually) like poo poo even though it looks (generally) like it might be good

I know what you mean but Band of Brothers had a similar deal going on with being sepia toned so maybe that's what they were going for, feels sorta too vibrant

Still stoked AF I've been waiting for this since they announced it what feels like a decade ago

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

he's going to become the joker
https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1722660334383591852?s=20

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

"LOOK AT ME"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

loquacius posted:

*seeing a thumbnail of Ben Shapiro's 40-something gray-haired soyface in front of a graphic reading BEN SHAPIRO DESTROYS THE MARVELS* our democracy is under attack
would it really be a soyface if he's opposed to the thing?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

god this guy sucks. you cannot be spiderman jared stop asking idiot

also did he start from almost the top? i feel like he did

loquacius posted:

idk when i saw the promos i immediately thought it was going to bomb. it looked unfocused and dull with a dumb power-swap constraining the heroes gimmick. was it meant as a metaphor for how all women bring something unique to the table but with some dialogue and empathy, we can all get along? or merely a gimmick.

again only saw the trailer but the cast felt like they didnt have chemistry and aside from power swapping and purple energy there was no story or real villian

looked bad, bored of marvel

Ammanas has issued a correction as of 18:45 on Nov 9, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ammanas posted:

also did he start from almost the top? i feel like he did

how's he not cancelled yet?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

how's he not cancelled yet?

they tried so hard by spreading the tales of his hijinx on the suicide squad set, leaving (used) condoms in costars trailer or something

then he tried by giving an all world awful and unbearably lame performance in blade runner 2049

dude just keeps on trucking idgi either

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Ammanas posted:

hes doing it to advertise his new tour

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ammanas posted:

idk when i saw the promos i immediately thought it was going to bomb. it looked unfocused and dull with a dumb power-swap constraining the heroes gimmick. was it meant as a metaphor for how all women bring something unique to the table but with some dialogue and empathy, we can all get along? or merely a gimmick.

again only saw the trailer but the cast felt like they didnt have chemistry and aside from power swapping and purple energy there was no story or real villian

looked bad, bored of marvel

Welcome to being part of the chuds

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Welcome to being part of the chuds

this marvel movie is the last straw!!!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Ammanas posted:

they tried so hard by spreading the tales of his hijinx on the suicide squad set, leaving (used) condoms in costars trailer or something

he spread those tales himself because he thought it might make him seem more ~twisted~ like those dumbass rumors about heath ledger

also apparently called his agent in a screaming rage about the joker movie being made because it cheapen his portrayal

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

jared leto was good in lord of war.

really all i got to say about jared leto

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Fall of the House of Usher was good fun, especially once I realized how many Poe references I'd been missing.

Started up Midnight Mass as per this thread and lmao this is at least as good.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Extreme Ghostbusters is also shockingly good

I liked the IDW comics too, the movie Ghostbusters meet the cartoon Ghostbusters, and also the ninja turtles

as a "90's kid" it feels so wrong time that this generations 'diversity' doesn't include Extreme Wheelchairs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

as a "90's kid" it feels so wrong time that this generations 'diversity' doesn't include Extreme Wheelchairs

I know it's not "PC" of me to say, so sorry to any snowflakes out there who are offended :c00l:, but, I still think it's funny that they changed the "handicapped" symbol to be more badass

like, it didn't even look particularly lame before, it was just a person in a wheelchair

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This actually gave me a spark of hope
https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/1722639314340003990?t=bBYknJEFe7pOknAiQpylhw&s=19

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Regarde Aduck posted:

edit: forgot that Indiana Jones lost his son in Vietnam and then was sad for decades

ha he deserves it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

is kumail the monster

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Srice posted:

Just cut me to the bone and shove me into the sad box, shinji.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

loquacius posted:

Did they make the blonde one teh leader of the group

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BUUNNI posted:

Did they make the blonde one teh leader of the group

She's the captain ya

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
man that gif has a terrible starting frame. looks like she's in a diaper.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
i watched the first ghostbusters movie for the first time some years ago and I didn’t really feel it. guess it was funnier back in the 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

movies weren't funny until zoolander