Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Guess TK didn't want to sign her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

After he paid for her vanity project she shouldn't ask for more money.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Shard posted:

Hire M'Dickie to make the next AEW game.

Unironically, though

If that's true it's totally insane

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA is Star Rehab, not Star Making

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

I watch the Impact PlutoTV channel sometimes and saw an interview with Mickie from a recentish Impact where she runs down her career and this is pretty much how she talks in it. She speaks about getting her start in early TNA and then bailing as soon as WWE gave her a call because that's the only company that matters, then she gushes about her WWE run and how it was the dream and the best time of her life. TNA/Impact comes across as the second-rate league she used as a landing spot whenever WWE would fire her. It's the kind of dismissive, WWE-above-all stuff you expect from WWE documentaries, but it is from Impact themselves.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I love how much of the Giulia discourse are people who have clearly never heard of her and think she wrestles for AEW.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bonk posted:

I love how much of the Giulia discourse are people who have clearly never heard of her and think she wrestles for AEW.

And was trained by Kenny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/intern4zionale/status/1722093062569271475

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The way these guys talk about wwe just entertains me so much. They really do treat it like it’s the promise land or something.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also I love that they act like AEW taught Pillman Jr to be like that while the same person has probably talked poo poo about them not having a PC in the past.

It can't be that he's just not very good at this poo poo and has never shown any aptitude for it whatsoever no matter what company he's been in, AEW is the Bad Guy therefore they actively ruin every wrestle that touches them.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It can be anything and everything - whatever the current post needs

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Beepie is simultaneously an amazing generational talent that AEW didn’t capitalise on and a lovely charisma vacuum who AEW didn't train properly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1722298426879021307

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

vivazomo posted:

I watch the Impact PlutoTV channel sometimes and saw an interview with Mickie from a recentish Impact where she runs down her career and this is pretty much how she talks in it. She speaks about getting her start in early TNA and then bailing as soon as WWE gave her a call because that's the only company that matters, then she gushes about her WWE run and how it was the dream and the best time of her life. TNA/Impact comes across as the second-rate league she used as a landing spot whenever WWE would fire her. It's the kind of dismissive, WWE-above-all stuff you expect from WWE documentaries, but it is from Impact themselves.

Then they fired her and sent her all her belongings in a trash bag.

And yet she still simps for them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vandar posted:

She's like the others we post in here. WWE can just treat like them poo poo (as fans or workers) and they will still follow back.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Vandar posted:

She wants more royal rumble appearances/paydays

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/logicalpwfan/status/1722380738849325505?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oh no he fed badded

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

The way these guys talk about wwe just entertains me so much. They really do treat it like it’s the promise land or something.

My favorite thing is how a Taz promo putting over Brian Cage from 2020 is permanently stuck in their heads forever.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Can you, Sean? CAN you?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

they're still mad about the sloppy shop line lmao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

They also love to use sloppy shop for literally everything when Taz said it at a time when WWE was not even attempting to stop their people from getting covid constantly while HHH was rambling about how it wasn't gonna affect them cause they treated the rings with sword spray or whatever the christ

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I feel like the venn diagram of WWE stans and people "just asking questions" about covid would be almost a circle

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I feel like the venn diagram of WWE stans and people just "asking questions" about covid would be almost a circle

Also WWE wrestlers/employees

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bonk posted:

Can you, Sean? CAN you?

God he's a petty loving bitch. And not the fun kind of petty.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/alanbarcoff/status/1722359701537534017?t=faU_vhQeMgtxA9LVfMiWzg&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://x.com/alanbarcoff/status/1712890188572086625?s=20

Dude's timeline is weird. He is also bragging about buying a sealed copy of Biggy's Ready To Die.

As a sidenote, Solzhenitsyn being described as a good man considering his history of antisemitism, his support for bringing back the Tsars & support for the sort of ultra-nationalism that lead to Russia invading Ukraine

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 9, 2023

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Thinking about the four people who read that and said sure, that makes perfect sense, to me

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There is money to be made with CGC books but not at the level most people, including our blue checkmark friend, do it at.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

little munchkin posted:

Thinking about the four people who read that and said sure, that makes perfect sense, to me

"I made something up in my head and it's proof of how ridiculous Tony Khan is"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

little munchkin posted:

when you make a post it automatically gives you 1. But it could be more than four if a ton more people voted it down .

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

"I made something up in my head and it's proof of how ridiculous Tony Khan is"

You know, the comment is so stupid that I even logged into reddit and downvoted it and it's now closer to 0 and negative

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

little munchkin posted:

Brandon is shameless

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/nikochanr3/status/1722646697778548897

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's so funny but also sad that AEW can put a wrestler and interviewer in front of a camera, say "here is who this wrestler is and what her character is and this is why she is here in AEW" and these people will still somehow claim that none of that actually happened

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's so funny but also sad that AEW can put a wrestler and interviewer in front of a camera, say "here is who this wrestler is and what her character is and this is why she is here in AEW" and these people will still somehow claim that none of that actually happened

Well they're' confused by the movie reference because all they watch are officially approved WWE films and documentaries, I'm assuming.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
The aging Hollywood starlet wrestler is riffing on...a movie about an aging Hollywood starlet???? Whos keeping track of all thijis

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

these folks in 1996

Wait I have to go watch a movie about some dead musician to understand what's going on with Sting - explain your stories WCW!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

idk it's a famous movie but it's also 83 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's not the movie stuff that gets me. If I hadn't watched Sunset Blvd recently I wouldn't have picked up on the parallels. It's the fact that RJ City and Mariah May turned to the camera and said "this is Mariah May, who wrestled in STARDOM in Japan, and she's a huge fan of Toni Storm, who wrestled for STARDOM in Japan, and she's in AEW because she wants to wrestle the same place Toni Storm wrestles". Like that wasn't even subtext. They said this. It was probably the most blatant debut they've had in terms of immediately making the audience understand who a new signing is.