Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

redshirt posted:

10 micron level standards

So this is something that's been bugging me, but did Elon get micron confused with millimeter? I mean, I get that they're both really small, and metric is apparently hard for Americans to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Randalor posted:

So this is something that's been bugging me, but did Elon get micron confused with millimeter? I mean, I get that they're both really small, and metric is apparently hard for Americans to understand.

Elon is South African, comrade.

He probably said it because "micron" is a total cool sciencey/engineering word.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Randalor posted:

The dude constantly gets confused with 'ready next year' and '12 years from now'.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I will sign up for the exploding brain chip secure in the knowledge elon will at some point repost a meme he stole from someone about me

https://neuralink.com/patient-registry

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

grok, please show me an ascii goatse

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

kazil posted:

Elon is South African, comrade.

He probably said it because "micron" is a total cool sciencey/engineering word.

He's been an American citizen for over 20 years now. I stand by my statement :colbert:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

...! posted:

Turn on your monitor

Tracks

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

sugar free jazz posted:

Oh dear human, you're in for a treat

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Randalor posted:

No, he has to exaggerate everything by default. If someone asks if Neuralink can cure blindness, it can cure blindness and also let you see infrared and ultraviolet. Cars won't just be self-driving, they'll also recharge themselves and work as robotaxis while you sleep. The panel gaps will be within 10 microns of accuracy. Etc, etc. None of it is feasible if even possible, but whenever he says bullshit like that tens of thousands of sycophants go "wow! Is there anything Musk can't do?" even though he's never done anything

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
has the grok said the n word yet? the bomb is ticking and we need it to say it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
stranger in a strange land is a weird friggin book and i'm pretty sure elon would not like many of the themes if he were to actually read it

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1C3KlV0t2Y

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

two totally real and not bot accounts posting about musk's felatio chat bot.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dunno the penny guy, but the top guy is a former Tesla employee that is now a writer about how cool Tesla and Elon are.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

sugar free jazz posted:

More vulgar

More vulgar!

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Real mind genius stuff.
Bought twitter to read grime's dms, made it suck so everyone on it hates his rear end, so he paid for a lovely chatbot to post good things about him on it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

rowkey bilbao posted:

Real mind genius stuff.
Bought twitter to read grime's dms, made it suck so everyone on it hates his rear end, so he paid for a lovely chatbot to post good things about him on it.

yeah but do you have a GPT bot that says you have a big dick?
checkmate

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Developing grok chat bots with that specific tone of voice and deploying them en masse, to tweet into the void, reply to each other and replicate the feel of a few million snarky idiots sniping at each other without them ever insulting Elon.

The Twitter experience he always dreamed of, but clean and mechanical rather than involving any filthy plebs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Trevor Project quitting twitter

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

goatface posted:

Developing grok chat bots with that specific tone of voice and deploying them en masse, to tweet into the void, reply to each other and replicate the feel of a few million snarky idiots sniping at each other without them ever insulting Elon.

The Twitter experience he always dreamed of, but clean and mechanical rather than involving any filthy plebs.

you're right, elon and his spam bots should all be airgapped in the void forever.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hey, it's the Vex Mythoclast flavor text.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

flubber nuts posted:

i gotta say i am eagerly awaiting the results from the first neuralink human trial. it cant be real. they wont really do it. i dont think its gonna happen.

That movie Upgrade is probably what's gonna happen.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Lol at volunteering to have an implant put into you that the "inventors" aren't willing to put in themselves.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

That except instead of becoming the ultimate killing machine the person becomes the ultimate musk simp

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

War Wizard posted:

Lol at volunteering to have an implant put into you that the "inventors" aren't willing to put in themselves.

they should pay them in cumcoins

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

That except instead of becoming the ultimate killing machine the person becomes the ultimate musk simp

rapidly punching himself in the dick for the lulz

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

kazil posted:

Im honestly surprise they were on there this long. I would have thought he banned them months ago.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Mozi posted:

stranger in a strange land is a weird friggin book and i'm pretty sure elon would not like many of the themes if he were to actually read it

I got recommended this book second hand as a teenager devouring all the sci fi I could get my hands on and yeah this is an understatement

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Don't remember any epilectic fits, frothing at the mouth, and making GBS threads pants in that movie.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Grok has gotta just be an intern being forced to spew memes with a gun pressed to the side of their head right?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

On one hand, I kinda want elon or somebody to go ahead and ask why

On the other hand, I suspect the trevor project will have all the evidence they need in the comments to that post, and shouldn’t even have to dignify it with a response

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

E the Shaggy posted:

Grok has gotta just be an intern being forced to spew memes with a gun pressed to the side of their head right?

I'm guessing its the same "AI" callcenter ring doorbells use.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

E the Shaggy posted:

Betcha anything it is a true believer who is both tickled pink and pleased as punch to get to write these for elon

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

I would not be surprised if Elon is writing them himself.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Come on Elon take one for the team. Cut out a piece of your skull and tap into the matrix lol

Think of the memes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

Some 22 year old Stanford CS undergrad way in over his head

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
There are probably more productive "AI" chatbots on Discord or Teams than Grok could hope ever be lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Remember when Elon was threatening to sue Meta because he said they stole engineers to copy Twitter to make Threads?

Gonna guess that Grok was made with tons of stolen poo poo.