Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/the-vanguard-pc-bundle/86360 We're getting some stuff at the end of the month in lieu of the cosmeticbux console players got.

It doesn't really thrill me but I'm also not all burnt up about it in the first place, so I'll take the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

Folks were asking for Ogrynomicon-level guides for other classes. This one's for Psyker.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2917274959

The curio section of the psyker guide is a little sus. But I'm not a psyker main, and anyone who is, it would be nice to see if you agree or not with the recommendations of +stam, and then either +2 health or +2 tough, with a focus on tough regen on the perk slots.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Evil Kit posted:

Crossplay is fully enabled. Xbox, PC Gamepass and Steam players all can play together.

Sweetness.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Sweetness.

the PC players want to have the option to disable crossplay, and I don't disagree. Controller players seem to be dogshit at this game, I have no idea why that could be.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Legit Businessman posted:

The curio section of the psyker guide is a little sus. But I'm not a psyker main, and anyone who is, it would be nice to see if you agree or not with the recommendations of +stam, and then either +2 health or +2 tough, with a focus on tough regen on the perk slots.

I've landed on the advice of "curio choice is also personally subjective", outside of wound stacking. Don't stack wounds unless you're doing a Martyrdom build.

Personally I run wound/toughness/health on Psyker, and imo the would is more of a requirement than a suggestion as the only class liable to explode yourself on the regular + venting shriek no longer being the universal ability choice.

You could also do wound/tough/tough or wound/health/health. I don't like stamina curios on any class personally unless Fatshark finally changes stamina regen to be max percent% instead of flat. More stamina just means you're taking longer to regen it all.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the PC players want to have the option to disable crossplay, and I don't disagree. Controller players seem to be dogshit at this game, I have no idea why that could be.

the answer is actually simple and observable: the controller turn speed is god awful. In a game where you need to react to threats in melee coming from behind you, watching a controller player slowly creak to face something behind them is pretty painful to watch.

Another contributing factor is that a bunch of the newer players are still coming to grips the skillsets needed to function in higher difficulties and aren't used to the game yet, and the majority of those new players are all coming from Xbox. Toss in a bit of confirmation bias and the general view that controller players are kinda bad at the game is unsurprising.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Three +5% Health perks across your curios is essentially a free Health curio in itself.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

If I see em in 4s or 4 HI, I'll try and carry - its still fun there esp when you are queued with a friend. But Damnation etc its generally just a bad time.

Like I dont blame or fault them for playing at all. Its a really fun game! But controller implementation seems to put them at a big disadvantage vs keyboard and mouse.

EDIT: what Kit said

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I run Health/Health/Toughness on Psyker and it used to be all health, I added the toughness to try it out and TBH I don't really notice a difference but I do believe there was that one reddit data post about it overall seemingly being good.

I do run Venting Shriek on all my Psyker builds currently so I have never used a wound curio.

For me I rarely get hit badly but when I do it's overwhelmingly fire bullshit that strips your toughness regardless or a poxburster which does I believe 100 toughness damage plus maybe forced corruption but don't quote me on that. So I dunno just having a fat HP pool to absorb the damage from those instances seems to work for me.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Evil Kit posted:

the answer is actually simple and observable: the controller turn speed is god awful. In a game where you need to react to threats in melee coming from behind you, watching a controller player slowly creak to face something behind them is pretty painful to watch.

Another contributing factor is that a bunch of the newer players are still coming to grips the skillsets needed to function in higher difficulties and aren't used to the game yet, and the majority of those new players are all coming from Xbox. Toss in a bit of confirmation bias and the general view that controller players are kinda bad at the game is unsurprising.

I cant imagine having to do some of the quickswap stuff on controller - like hab drayko scanning on higher difficulties. Theres so much swapping between melee / scanning / ranged to pick off the unending stream of chaff and maulers and bombers if not everyone is on the ball.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

Controller players can't turn fast enough, a problem that has existed since the dawn of controllers used for input in FPS games?

Well, I never! :monocle:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean can't you plug a keyboard into an Xbox for games that support its input?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean can't you plug a keyboard into an Xbox for games that support its input?

You can but ask yourself what percentage of people are going to do that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

tangy yet delightful posted:

You can but ask yourself what percentage of people are going to do that.

The sweaty percentage.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

what a great SA name that'd be

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
As a +3 stamina curio user, I can say that it beats out +1 wound if you are at the point of not blowing yourself up multiple times per mission, if you use kinetic deflection it will halve your peril costs for blocking and blocking starts to become a very useful thing against a lot of otherwise deadly situations like bosses/ragers/picking people up in a crowd of 100 melee chaff.

Try equipping a +3 stamina in the meatgrinder with the creature spawner mod and see the peril difference blocking something with and without, very noticeable on gunners with deflector.

I don't like running +wounds because generally if I am going down it's either as the last person or it's such a clusterfuck I'm not getting picked up before everyone else does gown too.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 9, 2023

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Curios i absolutely do not know what to pick ever. Beyond people telling me not to take wounds. Which I dont understand why but i believe

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

And I remember when I used to get yelled at for not taking wounds.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

ZeusCannon posted:

Curios i absolutely do not know what to pick ever. Beyond people telling me not to take wounds. Which I dont understand why but i believe

You’re less likely to need the extra wound if you have more health and toughness. Also you can die instantly or near instantly regardless of how many wounds you have when you go down (like if a plague ogryn knocks your rear end off a catwalk).

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
For pugging, having 3 total pips is ideal. That means zero Wound curios for Ogryn and one for the other classes.

If you find that you never go down and that having a safety net is superfluous, go ahead and run with 2 pips. But for most mere mortals that situation simply means you need to play on harder settings.

Stoop Kid posted:

You’re less likely to need the extra wound if you have more health and toughness. Also you can die instantly or near instantly regardless of how many wounds you have when you go down (like if a plague ogryn knocks your rear end off a catwalk).

It’s a question of likelihood. Remember that only having 2 wounds also means that when you are rezzed that first time, you get up at 50% health instead of 66%. Which means that extra curio is only providing a net benefit if you haven’t gone down at all.

Magitek fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 9, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So far I've only played the first two difficulty tiers. What counts as Carapace armour? The Scab troopers with helmets definitely feel tougher to kill but not significantly so. Are their armored variants of Elites like ragers or mutants?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

conversely, the amount of times someone just eats poo poo and dies because they only had 2 wounds and a poxburster catches them off guard or get dogged too long and they just die? Yeah, that happens about as often as a plague ogryn stomping someone off a ledge or a barrel blast doing the same.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arc Hammer posted:

So far I've only played the first two difficulty tiers. What counts as Carapace armour? The Scab troopers with helmets definitely feel tougher to kill but not significantly so. Are their armored variants of Elites like ragers or mutants?

Carapace armor is: Mauler helmets, Crushers (big armored Ogryns with two handed hammers, full body), Reapers/Bulwarks (both have carapace armor on their arms).

That's all the carapace armor there is in the game atm.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The two biggest example of carapace is Crushers, who are carapace head to toe. Maulers (the scabs with chainaxes) have carapace helmets, and Reapers have a few carapace bits.

e: f;b

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You will see a lot more crushers and maulers on higher difficulties.

Don't stick 25% bonus vs carapace on any weapon that does bad damage against carapace, bad+25% is still bad.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

You can see the full breakdown here:
https://imgur.com/a/Selj5nI/

Gameslantern's Darktide enemy compendium also lists what parts are what armour type
https://darktide.gameslantern.com/enemies

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/Darktide40K/status/1722705739867693419

They've been doing a lot of connected vox communiques lately. Wonder if this is gearing up for a new mission drop!!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They’re going to turn on permanent dogmode for a month again

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Is she gonna be okay?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Owl Inspector posted:

They’re going to turn on permanent dogmode for a month again

New boss that's just a giant dog

Edit: Oh poo poo, they should do the kennel monster from The Thing

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I keep forgetting I have my geforce thing turned on where I can record the past minute so you'll just have to read my words but last night I got thrown through the roof by a chaos spawn and landed on a roof full of spawning dogs that luckily I was able to kill before finding a pipe I could walk on to connect back to the playable map area.

Semi-unrelated here's a speedrun that uses an area you're not supposed to access to bypass a portion of the mission to achieve a sub 5 minute time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUJ00R4dpc

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Seems I jumped on at a good time because I guess there's rumors that Genestealers might be hinted at on the vox and apparently Sienna's necromancy tree in vermintide 2 could have been a testbed for making AI vs AI battles so the nids could fight the Nurgles as well?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Jerkface posted:

They've been doing a lot of connected vox communiques lately. Wonder if this is gearing up for a new mission drop!!

So probably not Genestealers at least in the immediate term. Last I knew they really weren't much for gloating. New nurgle boy boss? Another chaos cult joining the fray? Do we get to see nurgle boys fighting a Slaanesh cult and sexy crab women?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Magitek posted:

Is she gonna be okay?

I'm betting on no

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

One of the vox transmissions referred to a warp disturbance and we have a 'your soul is mine' voice. I'm assuming it's a sorcerer or a daemon. Doesn't really sound like a Great Unclean One or plaguebearer though so I'd guess sorcerer.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Jerkface posted:

Bummer, was hoping this was leading to genestealers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I think we'll still be seeing them, just that'll be for next year, for now we have whoever this new rear end in a top hat spawn of Papa Nurgle ends up being, would be interesting if he ends up being a Champion of Chaos since those do exist in 40k like in Fantasy, they just don't show up very often since they overlap a lot with Chaos Space Marines in both role and aesthetic(to the point where it used to be canon that some Chaos Champions in Fantasy were in fact dimensionally displaced Chaos Marines), well that and the fact that 40k hasn't really properly supported playing Chaos armies that aren't Chaos Marines or Demons since like 2nd or 3rd edition

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

So probably not Genestealers at least in the immediate term. Last I knew they really weren't much for gloating. New nurgle boy boss? Another chaos cult joining the fray? Do we get to see nurgle boys fighting a Slaanesh cult and sexy crab women?

Genestealer cults are all about gloating about their cause.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Sometimes I get to the end of a mission and am surprised that I had a gamepass player.

Other times they miss 9 shots on a melee scab point blank

https://i.imgur.com/LpWSG9R.mp4

Sometimes they look at the ceiling and don't pull out their melee in the middle of a horde, in which case I don't bother picking them up anymore (also my weapons didn't load in for this quick play drop, neat bug).

https://i.imgur.com/6X9utnj.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It would be kinda funny if a wholly separate Chaos cult cropped up just on the basis of "eh, may as well".

Also, big thanks to whoever recommended the Crusher on Zealot a while back. Post-patch it's a whole great heap of fun. Amazing stagger, surprisingly nimble, and once you get used to the moveset you'll be popping heads all over the place. Its raw damage is a bit on the lower side even when charged against the likes of maulers and ragers, but that's not as much of an issue when you can just keep everyone and everything on their rear end constantly. It's basically all I'd wanted out of the hammers.