Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mags posted:

another again from the never again state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Never again (to us)

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Babe I hope you're wet like Omaha beach, cause I got a Bangalore torpedo

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/dannydanon/status/1722613218437480704

This is hosed. If simple human decency wasn't enough, you'd think survival instinct would kick in with journalists at this point.

Nah western journalists are tools of the state who see journalists of other countries as subhuman adversaries

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Would that survive a challenge in court?

on what basis? Harvard is a private "nonprofit" mega-corporation, it isn't covered by the First Amendment

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

PhilippAchtel posted:

This is hosed. If simple human decency wasn't enough, you'd think survival instinct would kick in with journalists at this point.

Calling it now: at some point in the future there will be a Munich-style film about brave Mossad commandos assassinating journalists who reported on the offensive participated in the baby decapitation jamboree

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Calling it now: at some point in the future there will be a Munich-style film about brave Mossad commandos assassinating journalists who reported on the offensive participated in the baby decapitation jamboree

all those babies getting decapitated and they never got a single pic? sounds like theyre complicit

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Schmoe Cwead posted:

all those babies getting decapitated and they never got a single pic? sounds like theyre complicit

You need two hands to swing your comically large scimitar so you can't take photos

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

US State Department says it hasn’t so far found evidence for Israeli war crimes in Gaza

The deputy spokesperson for the US State Department says Washington has so far found no evidence for claims by UN officials that Israel has been committing war crimes in its war against the Hamas terror group in Gaza.

“I’m not going to get into the specifics of those rigorous processes,” Vedant Patel says of the State Department’s procedures, in response to a reporter’s question.

oh case closed then

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

HallelujahLee posted:

US State Department says it hasn’t so far found evidence for Israeli war crimes in Gaza

The deputy spokesperson for the US State Department says Washington has so far found no evidence for claims by UN officials that Israel has been committing war crimes in its war against the Hamas terror group in Gaza.

“I’m not going to get into the specifics of those rigorous processes,” Vedant Patel says of the State Department’s procedures, in response to a reporter’s question.

oh case closed then

Haven't looked. Still, no evidence has been found.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

Executing Wolf Blitzer for questioning the IDF

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

HallelujahLee posted:

oh case closed then

lol jesus christ

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this truly was israel's 9/11 (they ignored repeated warnings of an impending attack)

https://www.ft.com/content/f1ec2502-8220-491c-95e0-5f1504ce9554

It's good to know that if OSINT was a thing in 1933 they would've been doxxing Jews for the Gauleiters.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
houthis announce they launched ballistic missiles against Eilat

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1722702724007879046?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

oh case closed then

Why would the US find war crimes when they did the same stuff in Afghanistan/Iraq/Guatemala/etc. and would therefore open themselves up for claims by acknowledging reality? :thunk:

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Would that survive a challenge in court?

I'm almost 100% sure that when I became a NY state employee I had to sign some pledge that I will never boycott Israel in any form. lmfao

so probably

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
There's no reason for the people who run US news networks and newspapers of record to find solidarity with foreign journalists, because they're not journalists

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

HallelujahLee posted:

oh case closed then

This reminds me how in the lead up to Iraq all the comedy shows were mocking Hans Blix for not finding any evidence Saddam has WMDs. It's always projection.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Quite a few pages back but that "person on the street" interview compilation in tel Aviv was really something.

"I'm part of a club to prevent the, oh, what's the English word... misegenation? with the arabs."

Is the average Israeli more racist than the average 1933 German?

The Nazis really hosed up with the Entartete Kunst poo poo. If they had kept the Weimar Berlin art scene around a whole lot of supposedly progressive and intellectual people would have forgiven them and called them a beacon of civilization against the East. Tel Aviv on the Spree.

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Nov 9, 2023

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Do you want to measure that in metric or imperial?

genericnick has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Nov 9, 2023

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I'd say yes because they have a first hand historic reference to the result of their ideology, yet they still embrace it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

When they say "never again" they don't mean "this should never happen again" but "we will never allow this to happen to us again". To zionists, the holocaust isn't a tragedy - it's an embarrassment.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

oh case closed then

"Rigorous processes" = an email from senior executives to deny deny deny

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1722668205993320795?t=rxtPy7az7bZx-xlUoyToAQ&s=19

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Al-Saqr posted:

houthis announce they launched ballistic missiles against Eilat

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1722702724007879046?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

the scud missile will never die

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

oh case closed then

Look we asked them if they did it and they said they didn't do it, that hamas did it, and there's no war crimes anyways. Isn't the real crime Hamas, really?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

very rigorous process of making poo poo up

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'd say yes because they have a first hand historic reference to the result of their ideology, yet they still embrace it.

One of the things that really fueled the flames for The Terror during the French Revolution was the idea that France was surrounded by enemies on all sides that wanted to destroy it, and that they had spies and infiltrators everywhere. I think a similar mania is one of the things that is fueling Israel’s insane racism and brutality.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's not genocide because the Israelis promised that they would let the people they have displaced come back and they never break their promises.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It only counts if it comes from the sparkling Genocide region of France.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Clip-On Fedora posted:

One of the things that really fueled the flames for The Terror during the French Revolution was the idea that France was surrounded by enemies on all sides that wanted to destroy it, and that they had spies and infiltrators everywhere. I think a similar mania is one of the things that is fueling Israel’s insane racism and brutality.

I mean, that paranoia isn't entirely unfounded. Much of Europe did have it out for France after/during the revolution and Israel has fought several wars with all of its neighbors and contains within its occupied territories millions of people that want the country gone (because it's apartheiding them). Israel is just insanely racist regardless. Turns out, barging into the middle east and immediately making a ton of enemies by doing an ethnic cleansing and attacking everyone is a great way to get yourself hated, which in turns breeds paranoia which heightens the racism that was already there in civil society and is the root cause of all this.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lmao it really is like a mirror world version of Jesus's story

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023

genericnick posted:

Is that real? I don't twitt

yep, New York Times now issuing statements defending their guy

https://www.nytco.com/press/statement-on-yousef-masoud/

AP, CNN, Reuters doing similar.

they were happy to downplay or ignore the assassination of journalists before but now it is their guys so…

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/mikerecine/status/1722708063491162290

lol

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I hope this isn't too :burger: but I figure it's relevant since it has to do with that boat full of guns that got shipped off to Israel.

https://twitter.com/rw_pw/status/1722139883513561425

Basically this account is saying that organizers misled the people there about the outcome of the protest since in the end the boat did get loaded up by the military, but also my gut kind of tells me this is a bit of monday morning QBing by people who weren't there. If there's actual troops loading up the boat at that point there's not much protestors can do aside from actually rushing the thing and in all likelihood getting arrest and/or shot, right?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Clip-On Fedora posted:

One of the things that really fueled the flames for The Terror during the French Revolution was the idea that France was surrounded by enemies on all sides that wanted to destroy it, and that they had spies and infiltrators everywhere.

Robespierre was right

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

I'm not like, Sun Tzu Karl Rove Machiavelli, but couldn't Israel just do the "all for all" swap, get the public opinion/war weariness "brought them home" win (for all the hostages he hasn't already blown up, blame those on Hamas), and keep bombing (to the extent Israel hasn't exhausted all its bombs on daycares and poo poo), potentially exploding a lot of the folks they just released? it's not like they historically are deeply reverent of the sanctity of ceasefires

Israel doesn’t care about hostages, but it does care about genociding Palestinians. It’s necessary for the existence and expansion of Israel.

That’s why they supported Hamas, and don’t want hostages back. A scary Islamist organization and hostages are a cause celeb that provide justification for accelerating the genocide.

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Schmoe Cwead posted:

someone should put her version of "imagine" over footage of the brawl

imagine all the pilpul...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Geight posted:

I hope this isn't too :burger: but I figure it's relevant since it has to do with that boat full of guns that got shipped off to Israel.

https://twitter.com/rw_pw/status/1722139883513561425

Basically this account is saying that organizers misled the people there about the outcome of the protest since in the end the boat did get loaded up by the military, but also my gut kind of tells me this is a bit of monday morning QBing by people who weren't there. If there's actual troops loading up the boat at that point there's not much protestors can do aside from actually rushing the thing and in all likelihood getting arrest and/or shot, right?

its good for propaganda and all but no, protesting in the empire will always fail because everyone in the crowd is aware of the exact concequences of doing more than standing around and chanting (even though thats also risky) and will not sacrifice their own comfortable lives en masse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

its good for propaganda and all but no, protesting in the empire will always fail because everyone in the crowd is aware of the exact concequences of doing more than standing around and chanting (even though thats also risky) and will not sacrifice their own comfortable lives en masse

not true, some of them might start a new non profit