Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

zoux posted:

Nestor the Insurrector

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

zoux posted:

Nestor the Insurrector

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The White Sox letting Benetti get away (to the Tigers!) is honestly so hosed up. What a dogshit organization.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Brewers and White Sox fans sharing a lot in common this off season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BRWalkoff/status/1722659468159402393

oooh a fire sale, I will have uhhhh one Corbin Burnes please

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/BRWalkoff/status/1722659468159402393

oooh a fire sale, I will have uhhhh one Corbin Burnes please

What the gently caress, they just made the playoffs

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Red posted:

What the gently caress, they just made the playoffs

their cost controlled rotation is about to be way less cost controlled and yelich is just Okay now. they have no defense and no offense, really, and they won't spend

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow why would Traitor Craig Counsell want to get away from that.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That's an answer every team will give, it doesn't really mean anything. Like sure the Dodgers would be willing to trade Mookie Betts if they were offered Marcus Semien/Corey Seager/Max Scherzer and their entire contracts paid for. There's always a price, doesn't mean other teams are willing to pay it.

Not to say I don't think the Brewers will try to blow it up, they are a cheap franchise.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Give us Contreras

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Give us Contreras

We already gave you one, and you lost him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/eboland11/status/1722665524155629909

lol what a dumb thing to lie about

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Oakland dead last lol great job Fisher

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Maybe the analytics staffers are all very short

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Non-player baseball comp is going to be the next small market owner fight

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Oakland dead last lol great job Fisher

How many guys do you need to say "Numbers say we gotta move the team to Vegas, boss"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you've been Dorf'd

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

zoux posted:

How many guys do you need to say "Numbers say the sewage is flooding the dugouts again, boss"

ftfy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The number is 2

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Gaedel Memorial Analytics Department

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've seen enough - the Yankees need to extend Cashman.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

43 George Costanzas

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poque posted:

they are already floating the idea of limiting headcount to achieve this yeah

And if the college game and manager deals like Counsell's start to put upward pressure on these salaries, expect the headcount limits to gain traction with owners.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

Didn't they already try to get an FO salary cap? I thought I remember one of the odious loser owners complaining about it very publicly.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FlamingLiberal posted:

The best free agent acquisition the Tigers will make all winter

And for the times Benetti is unable to broadcast due to national obligations, Dan Dickerson is going to do the television broadcast as well.

We are loving blessed (well, y'know, except for the team that they are fielding)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kirios posted:

I've seen enough - the Yankees need to extend Cashman.

No :colbert:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

wow why would Traitor Craig Counsell want to get away from that.

Craig has lost us and lost our community

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cubs should have pulled a Counsell/Ross with Benetti and Boog.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cubs should have pulled a Counsell/Ross with Benetti and Boog.

Benetti and JD would own. If JD ever leaves the Cubs broadcast booth is going to be dire.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

at least the padres tried to overcome lack of analytics by spending a ton of money. cardinals get the worst of both worlds.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Torri Hunter will not be on the Angels staff next season, he declined the 1st base coaching job

Moreno/Carpano strike again

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Apparently, the White Sox were unwilling to give Benetti a multi-year deal and wanted him to personally negotiate at the end of each season. They also refused to work with his agent.

Have to imagine he'd prefer to stay with the White Sox but they seem hellbent on running him out of town.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

Apparently, the White Sox were unwilling to give Benetti a multi-year deal and wanted him to personally negotiate at the end of each season. They also refused to work with his agent.

Have to imagine he'd prefer to stay with the White Sox but they seem hellbent on running him out of town.

lol what? You have the chance to lock up long term a beloved announcer and you try to force them into a series of 1 year contracts.

I don't know what the Tigers are paying him but I can't imagine it's really worth squabbling over to take the PR hit.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Popete posted:

lol what? You have the chance to lock up long term a beloved announcer and you try to force them into a series of 1 year contracts.

I don't know what the Tigers are paying him but I can't imagine it's really worth squabbling over to take the PR hit.

Yeah, this was from last year. Article is paywalled but here's the money quote:

quote:

What’s unique about the Sox’ negotiations with broadcasters is that they’re done with the broadcasters, not agents. Benetti has joked that he feels like a player in arbitration. [Brooks] Boyer disagreed with the comparison but stood by the Sox’ way of doing business.

“Whether it’s [executive vice president] Kenny Williams or [general manager] Rick Hahn, they don’t use agents,” he said. “We’re compensating them; we have a partnership with them. There’s never been a need to have any sort of outside entity come in and negotiate these things.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/2...ip-caray-braves

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

"There’s never been a need to have any sort of outside entity come in and negotiate these things."

Translation: "Of course you don't need a lawyer to review this contract and see if we're screwing you!"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

Jerry just die already you old bitch.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

"How many levels of cheapskate are you on? You are like a little baby, watch THIS"

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

is this an actual thing Shohei is considering or is it a wishcasting leak from Andrew Friedman?

https://twitter.com/DanielBrim/status/1722731930117112228

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Gorman Thomas posted:

Torri Hunter will not be on the Angels staff next season, he declined the 1st base coaching job

Moreno/Carpano strike again

I assume he picks up the phone the day after Arte sells the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bawfuls posted:

is this an actual thing Shohei is considering or is it a wishcasting leak from Andrew Friedman?

https://twitter.com/DanielBrim/status/1722731930117112228

55-60 AAV probably isn't enough to get him to sign a shorter team deal

Also if you're expecting him to opt out as soon as he's healthy enough to pitch that's a terrible deal for the team