Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

infernal machines posted:

what are you, some kind of pervert?

I'm Québécois, so probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

If you thought mental health and addiction care couldn't get any worse, how about privatizing the care and building its own bureaucracy to siphon what little budget it gets.

Wonder what boot lickers will get to run these new companies.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Isizzlehorn posted:

If you thought mental health and addiction care couldn't get any worse, how about privatizing the care and building its own bureaucracy to siphon what little budget it gets.

Wonder what boot lickers will get to run these new companies.

Telus health.

The company that already won some suspect contracts and wrote a big ol false paper for them for the pension plan.

It's pretty easy to see where its going.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

apatheticman posted:

Telus health.

The company that already won some suspect contracts and wrote a big ol false paper for them for the pension plan.

It's pretty easy to see where its going.

gently caress Telus.

My wife is a medical records clerk and hates them.

I am IT for a crown Corp and have to deal with them for internet for our sites cross country.

They are the loving worst

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

bunnyofdoom posted:

gently caress Telus.

My wife is a medical records clerk and hates them.

I am IT for a crown Corp and have to deal with them for internet for our sites cross country.

They are the loving worst

But they have shaggy horses prancing to Judas Priest so who is to say if they are good or bad?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Bilirubin posted:

But they have shaggy horses prancing to Judas Priest so who is to say if they are good or bad?

The absolute worst thing about living with family is the reintroduction of cable television ads into my life. forget anything in the news. someone must prosecute the advertising industry for their war crimes.

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

ZShakespeare posted:

The absolute worst thing about living with family is the reintroduction of cable television ads into my life. forget anything in the news. someone must prosecute the advertising industry for their war crimes.

Streamers are all gonna introduce ads next year anyway. Now they can use the extra money they have to pay after the actor and writer strikes as an excuse. Enshittification is nearly complete.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

corgiwizard posted:

Streamers are all gonna introduce ads next year anyway. Now they can use the extra money they have to pay after the actor and writer strikes as an excuse. Enshittification is nearly complete.

well if you don't want to see those ads you can subscribe for 5 dollars or with twitch prime

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

well if you don't want to see those ads you can subscribe for 5 dollars or with twitch prime

Steal your wife’s boyfriend’s prime account.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

periodic reminder that :filez: is effectively legal in Canada. I refuse to tolerate any complaining about self inflicted harms like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Nov 9, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A giant government agency couldn’t just be given to Telus, but one of four? That’s a much easier sell.

Which is why this was done in the first place, pre-proportioning what will be doled out to private firms.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
imagine four agencies on the edge of a cliff

health care works the same way

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the government shoves them off the cliff and then sifts through their splattered remains below for juicy morsels to sell

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

infernal machines posted:

the government shoves them off the cliff and then sifts through their splattered remains below for juicy morsels to sell

The appropriation never stops

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
this is canada, we're willing to take a lot of things from the indigenous folks

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
death to kkkanada

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Frosted Flake posted:

A giant government agency couldn’t just be given to Telus, but one of four? That’s a much easier sell.

Which is why this was done in the first place, pre-proportioning what will be doled out to private firms.

#Bell Let's Talk has done a great job of promoting mental health so much so that they are the perfect partner to take over our mental health and addictions section.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

apatheticman posted:

#Bell Let's Talk has done a great job of promoting mental health so much so that they are the perfect partner to take over our mental health and addictions section.

you clearly are an pc govt insider you should write a column for canadaland

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Telus, Bell, Shaw and Rogers can each operate their own agency, as a treat

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Slotducks posted:

you clearly are an pc govt insider you should write a column for canadaland

about politics? or about white macaroni and cheese?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

wynott dunn posted:

Telus, Bell, Shaw and Rogers can each operate their own agency, as a treat

God that's a loving cursed thought

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Kkkraft Dinner

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I hate my garbage province

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Bilirubin posted:

I hate my garbage country

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So, when do you think the first one will be privatized for failing to deliver the standard of care?

Long enough that people forget the central agency was broken up in the first place (so this could happen)?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

It'll be before the fourth one goes live

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dynalife just happened. Hated when someone on todays Alberta At Noon on CBC radio said "that was in the past! We need to look forward" and Judy Aldus didn't just scream at them IT WAS A MONTH AGO YOU IDIOT!!!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ottawa paid nearly $670,000 for KPMG’s advice on cutting consultant costs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
literally everything to do with the big 4 firms is a scam and racket

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

CLAM DOWN posted:

Canada is a scam and racket

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

v. unpatriotic posting on remembrance day eve eve

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
gently caress remembrance day and gently caress the troops

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol they had to move the remembrance thing in Hali because the plaza outside City Hall is full of homeless people in tents. Cool how terrible everything is

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

so long as we don't get the day off, I refuse to recognize it.

"but if you had the day off, you'd just treat it as any other holiday / it would lose it's meaning"

well yeah tell that to the half of the country and businesses that do get it off.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't know what you guys were talking about, binge drinking and hazing from 1200 to 2400 is hard work.

There was a fight over the display of the Queen's portrait in one Junior Ranks Mess on Remembrance Day that led to 2 RCHA not being invited to Ottawa for the ceremony for two years.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

CLAM DOWN posted:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

The alberta stuff is extra funny because newfoundland is combining all of its health authorities in an attempt to cut costs, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

defund and dearm the army :)