Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
iwannacarmelmachiata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
you want to cum on my tits?

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Listening to some old clips while I'm working... It's crazy how I never noticed Artie being completely yolked on drugs until hearing these again. The one I was just listening to is where Dan the Song Parody Man owed Artie $7500. Artie is big time high the entire 4-hour compilation.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I was listening to the Steve-O podcast with Dee Snider a couple of days ago and Howard came up. He said that he and Howard were close friends, their wives were close friends, and their kids were friends. Then when Howard divorced Allison, he only wanted to hang out at strip clubs and parties, doing single guy stuff, and Dee was still a dad/husband and couldn't hang. Then when Howard started dating Beth, they had a couples dinner, but Dee's wife said she felt like she was being disloyal to Allison and they haven't really hung out since.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I remember a while back listening to Dee Snider talk about his friendship with Stern. Dee was basically responsible for Howard’s entire “rock star” image he started doing in the early to mid 90s when he shaved the mustache and grew out his hair and started dressing in leather.

From what I remember the friendship started to end when Dee took a job hosting a morning radio show. While Howard never said it to Dee directly Dee thinks it really pissed Howard off and he basically stopped returning Dee’s phone calls or having any real relationship with him after that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He claimed that Howard is actually who got him in to radio. He got Buckwald to represent him and started getting him radio and TV gigs when he was effectively broke in the early 90s. My guess is that it was mostly due to lifestyle changes between Howard's divorce and getting way more famous/rich.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is really interested in Dee vs Howard, it's extensively covered in the first month of Sirius in 2006. I only know this because I just relistened to it. They invite Dee in to try to bury the hatchet and Howard talks at length about why he cut Dee out of his life, blah blah.

Basically Dee was in serious financial trouble; the Twisted Sister money was gone, the other bands he started after Twisted were DOA, and this radio gig was an opportunity to make some dough which Howard admitted he encouraged Dee to take... then when Dee actually took the job Howard freaked out and thought Dee was going to steal his terrestrial audience and went into DiBella/Mancow war mode.

Howard came off really petty and lame during the interview, but in fairness, about a week after the appearance, Howard said he got a letter from Dee where Dee accused Howard of taking guests from his (Dee's) show, and said Howard owed him something... it was weird poo poo. Howard seemed pretty disgusted with the letter and I'm not sure they ever spoke after that but I could be wrong.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Didn't Dee show up on AGT when Howard was there?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lifespan posted:

I was listening to the Steve-O podcast with Dee Snider a couple of days ago and Howard came up. He said that he and Howard were close friends, their wives were close friends, and their kids were friends. Then when Howard divorced Allison, he only wanted to hang out at strip clubs and parties, doing single guy stuff, and Dee was still a dad/husband and couldn't hang. Then when Howard started dating Beth, they had a couples dinner, but Dee's wife said she felt like she was being disloyal to Allison and they haven't really hung out since.

I've never been married, or divorced, but that doesn't seem that weird TBH.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

ultraviolence123 posted:

Listening to some old clips while I'm working... It's crazy how I never noticed Artie being completely yolked on drugs until hearing these again. The one I was just listening to is where Dan the Song Parody Man owed Artie $7500. Artie is big time high the entire 4-hour compilation.

There's a four hour collection of just the "Dan owes Artie money" saga? Is that on YT or anywhere? Dan was (is?) such a scumbag.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Didn't Dee show up on AGT when Howard was there?

Yep. The producers of "AGT" didn't know that Dee was on "he's around" status, like Gilbert and the others who Stern was so close with for years but then decided to pretend didn't exist once he decided to change up his image. So, the producers invited Dee for a special appearance that was a surprise to Howard, and Howard had to pretend like they were BFFs again and like he hadn't been ignoring Dee for the previous few years. Dee talks about it in some interview and it sounded hilariously awkward, like Howard walking by Gilbert in a hall at SXM and pretending he didn't see Gilbert greeting him.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sand Monster posted:

There's a four hour collection of just the "Dan owes Artie money" saga? Is that on YT or anywhere? Dan was (is?) such a scumbag.

He's probably still trying to sell those motorcycles.

What really pissed me off about Dan was how he bitched about how his kids were getting teased at school about their father being a deadbeat (which probably never actually happened), and then proceeded to bring up his kids ENDLESSLY as some lovely way to explain why he hasn't ever paid anyone back.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ultraviolence123 posted:

Weird, I hadn't listened to any show clips for weeks, maybe months, but THAT clip was one that I listened to last week. The one I was listening to was 2 hours, said it was part 1.

I can't seem to find it, but I found the 4 hour one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTNIFP-8jLI

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Artie was such an easy mark and everyone took advantage. I remember Dice getting an attitude when Artie wanted the 5 grand or whatever he was owed for performing. That's the worst, when you agree on a fee for a job and the other person acts like it's some magnanimous act of charity when they finally do pay you.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Weird, I hadn't listened to any show clips for weeks, maybe months, but THAT clip was one that I listened to last week. The one I was listening to was 2 hours, said it was part 1.

I can't seem to find it, but I found the 4 hour one:

Oh my god I forgot about how Dan said he let Richard stay at "his Central Park apartment for free" and then Gary immediately tells everybody that the apartment actually belonged to the Beacher's Madhouse guy and Dan stayed there for free hahahaha

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 9, 2023

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Yucko comes across really bad in that clip too. Impossibly unfunny until he starts making fun on Gary about 20 minutes into his appearance.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

ultraviolence123 posted:

Yucko comes across really bad in that clip too. Impossibly unfunny until he starts making fun on Gary about 20 minutes into his appearance.

I can't find it on YouTube anymore but there was one time Yucko called in and started goofing on Gary and Gary got legit pissed off and just completely buried him. An utterly brutal verbal beatdown of the guy.

edit: Yessss it's back up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFT9kvFpcbU

I cannot believe Brickleberry got three whole seasons. I will watch almost anything on TV and that was probably one of the top 5 worst things I've ever seen in my life.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 9, 2023

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Two Kings posted:

I remember a while back listening to Dee Snider talk about his friendship with Stern. Dee was basically responsible for Howard’s entire “rock star” image he started doing in the early to mid 90s when he shaved the mustache and grew out his hair and started dressing in leather.

Dee shouldn't be so quick to take credit for Howard's image since Howard had long hair and such back in high school and college.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Former Human posted:

Dee shouldn't be so quick to take credit for Howard's image since Howard had long hair and such back in high school and college.

Also Twisted Sister just ripped off the New York Dolls anyways.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

haljordan posted:

I can't find it on YouTube anymore but there was one time Yucko called in and started goofing on Gary and Gary got legit pissed off and just completely buried him. An utterly brutal verbal beatdown of the guy.

I cannot believe Brickleberry got three whole seasons. I will watch almost anything on TV and that was probably one of the top 5 worst things I've ever seen in my life.

Booey is shot out of a cannon in this clip

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Gary takes poo poo all day every day but I guess even he has his limits.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Gary clearly has a pecking order in his head and hates to take crap from people he thinks are “beneath him”.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Sand Monster posted:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So what you're saying is I should take these free Andrew Dice Clay tickets work offered for next week

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

So what you're saying is I should take these free Andrew Dice Clay tickets work offered for next week

What are you a Homo? Ooohhh!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

Gary clearly has a pecking order in his head and hates to take crap from people he thinks are “beneath him”.

And you better believe the elitist prick never misses an opportunity to exercise his power against those minions that are beneath him. Ordering Tracy to clean out his fridge, kicking Rachel Fine out of a chair so that he can get a haircut, etc.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

And you better believe the elitist prick never misses an opportunity to exercise his power against those minions that are beneath him. Ordering Tracy to clean out his fridge, kicking Rachel Fine out of a chair so that he can get a haircut, etc.

I wonder if he still doesn't get the big piece of chicken at home.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

I wonder if he still doesn't get the big piece of chicken at home.

Mary definitely wears the pants in the family. That's why Booey had to rush home to play Mr. Mom and bathe the boys.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Mary definitely wears the pants in the family. That's why Booey had to rush home to play Mr. Mom and bathe the boys.

Howard giving anyone advice on marriage always made me laugh but yeah he nailed Booey pretty good during that fight.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Gary and Mary
Bonnie and Ronnie
Kristy Christy

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Brutal. Yucko is trash. You're getting pounded into dust by Booey, all you do is say "Oh yeah, whatever".

Staff fights ae the best. I only want to listen to staff fighting with each other and minor characters on the show. No interviews, nothing like that, just JD and Ronnie fighting about Ronnie's cancelled car show, Artie fighting with Dice about owed money, StutteringJon fighting with everybody, so on. I have a Captain Janks vs Steve Langford compilation in my queue, ready to go. Thought that would be a good way to spend my Friday while I dig through spreadsheets.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

lol that Stern is still mentioned when Jessica Hahn is in the news. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/playboy-playmate-jessica-hahn-husband-174005639.html

She hasn't been on the show since at least 2009 or so. I believe she got mad at Howard because he told her to quit calling in crying about her dead husband. Even Robin thought that was rude.

She went full chud and MAGA last I heard

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Was her appearance in Playboy like 35 years ago the last time Jessica was relevant?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bonzo posted:

chud and MAGA

these terms mean the same thing btw

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

haljordan posted:

Was her appearance in Playboy like 35 years ago the last time Jessica was relevant?

The Jim Bakker thing and Stern is about all she's known for. And of course dating Sam Kenison but that's because of the show. I think she did a few episodes of Tissue Time in the early, early Sirius days.

The husband that died was one of the creators of Married With Children so she was set for life.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

Hoooooly poo poo, I'm only a third into this and I love it. I absolutely hate Yucko. gently caress Yucko (his wife didn't). I don't always like Gary, but this is :golfclap:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yeah Gary just completely destroys him without a moment's hesitation. I'm sure he wishes he could go off on Howard like that some days.

Bonzo posted:

The Jim Bakker thing and Stern is about all she's known for. And of course dating Sam Kenison but that's because of the show. I think she did a few episodes of Tissue Time in the early, early Sirius days.

The husband that died was one of the creators of Married With Children so she was set for life.

I just realized Ed O'Neill was on that show for 10 seasons and then did "Modern Family" for ELEVEN seasons. God he must be galactically wealthy.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

haljordan posted:

I just realized Ed O'Neill was on that show for 10 seasons and then did "Modern Family" for ELEVEN seasons. God he must be galactically wealthy.

He has to continue to pay reparations for “Dutch”.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

He has to continue to pay reparations for “Dutch”.

You shut your mouth, that movie is a national treasure.

Also MWC did clown on him for that one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBvdjw0My0I

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Married will always have a special place in my heart because they had Anthrax on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Married will always have a special place in my heart because they had Anthrax on.

Yeah man, they ate the mystery pack