Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ammanas posted:

when i first saw little promos of the las vegas sphere i was like oh that's kinda neat i guess

more i saw it the more i hated it, gauche as gently caress
then i saw the incredibly stupid and lovely interior and hated it even more
then i learned it was owned by james dolan and my disgust cannot be contained

hope a meteor hits it, drawn to its blinding ugliness

I hope trump makes it the new us capitol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

the english really ought to finish their bourgeois revolution

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Saw a rivian in the wild.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Healthcare was ~22% of the entire GDP last time I heard numbers and the talk in clinical quality was about how that was utterly unsustainable in the long run and had to be cut down. Wonder how we're going to cut that!

Would be straightforward to cut out the middlemen, but oops it's all middlemen and they have political power since it only costs as much as a Honda Civic to buy a senator.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Abner Assington posted:

had an 8 hour layover in London, walked around Windsor castle and the surrounding neighborhood and reestablished my intense disdain for English people. vile toothless trash that all look like characters from the muppets.

The reason Americans look on pure British stock that way is because they (Americans) are all intermixed with Germans and Scandanavians.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I can't believe deflation is here. Chaos

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

The reason Americans look on pure British stock that way is because they (Americans) are all intermixed with Germans and Scandanavians.

i could really go for a tawny port right now

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Frosted Flake posted:

White has always really been short for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ah, the Lord of the Rings map

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/ForexLive/status/1722693122105250034

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

ah, the Lord of the Rings map

The short, fat, red faced people with sausage feet are represented, but who are the elves?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Those swarthy Danes...

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

The economy is fine

yep

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

mycomancy posted:

White has always really been short for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

if germany had been the 'good guys' in ww1 dmv documents would probably be in german as well as english. american white folks are deeply germanic, merely victims of the anglophile propaganda machine

my loving last name was anglified in the early 1900s and it totally sucks rear end now

the "FOUNDERS" were english but all whites after like 1850 are german lol

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Irish - Swarthy
Scottish / Welsh - Maybe not Swarthy?

Apr 7, 2003

Ammanas posted:

if germany had been the 'good guys' in ww1 dmv documents would probably be in german as well as english. american white folks are deeply germanic, merely victims of the anglophile propaganda machine

my loving last name was anglified in the early 1900s and it totally sucks rear end now

Mein Gott!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Based

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Cameron Mitchell coded

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ammanas posted:

Germany had a potato famine at the same time as Ireland, and at least in Canada, as many Germans as Irish emigrated as a result. I believe that's even more the case in the States. Add to that the immigration after 1848 and it's a bit crazy how thoroughly German culture was wiped out.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

powell is gonna shoot some protesters like that guy in Panama. he is a bad man.

Apr 7, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Germany had a potato famine at the same time as Ireland, and at least in Canada, as many Germans as Irish emigrated as a result. I believe that's even more the case in the States. Add to that the immigration after 1848 and it's a bit crazy how thoroughly German culture was wiped out.

not really, white people in the US are drunk all the time and drunkenness is German as hell

Apr 7, 2003

There's this private German club near me that's German as gently caress too

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...nz0g_?entry=ttu

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lmao that a massive chemical explosion isn't even newsworthy for like 10 minutes any more

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
stuff explodes in texas everyday my dude

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/rachdele/status/1722347894936875357?t=SwQSNOZEt9xOBs0yDIak-g&s=19

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

I'm confused...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

anonumos posted:

I'm confused...

it's a joke OP

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

i do underwater quality control on an assembly line for ants, and my wife teaches basket-weaving classes for disabled butterflies

our price range is $3-8 million

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

anonumos posted:

I'm confused...

the joke is that anyone complaining about RTO is wildly rich and privileged, and that paypigs should go back to the office and SEND to parking lot/$22 sandwich shop/coffee shop owners.

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

Frosted Flake posted:

Yeah. We have German brewers in Toronto by about 1854 or so. The immigration is really significant. The Germans didn't get a Cathedral, but there's a Lutheran church on Bond Street.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Frosted Flake posted:

Yeah, I live in Cincinnati and am of mostly German Catholic ancestry (came over post-unification since the Kaiser and his Protestant friends weren’t kind to Catholics) and every street in my German neighborhood was renamed to LIBERTY and REPUBLIC and bullshit during ww1. They’ve since gone and put the original German street names under the signs, but c’mon.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Kreeblah posted:

I'm currently in a presentation with a bunch of dipshit execs, and one of them said that a big reason why they're looking to go all-in on ChatGPT for stuff like writing code is because it's good at coming up with bedtime stories for his kid.

A+ thinking skills there, buddy.
thats why they pay him the big bucks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:mrgw:

https://twitter.com/PauloMacro/status/1722729755122753838

Euronymous
Jul 19, 2022

I love WFH

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Oh cool, an Israeli pharmaceutical company withholding necessary medicine for the sake of profit.

Make a ChatGPT executive. I'm sure there's an AI tool to make a generic old white man in a business suit read out the text too.

Get the feeling AI research would immediately and abruptly chill if somebody made a model that could even run a small business without outside input lmao

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

putting all my money into the fbomb mutual fund

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
cute protest byebye now sweeties :wave:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DrPossum posted:

i will never preheat an oven. that's the oven's job

Serious question why can't you put the food in the oven while it's still cold and just keep it there longer?

Like obviously if it's 30 mins of preheat and 20 mins to cook it's not going to be a linear sum of 50 mins without preheating since it'll already be cooking on the way there but why wouldn't it work otherwise?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

it depends on what you are cooking. some things will be soggy that way instead of crisped or browned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Get the feeling AI research would immediately and abruptly chill if somebody made a model that could even run a small business without outside input lmao

the current rich are the ones with the capital to start automated businesses, so if that were really possible they might be more ok with it than you’d think.

they’ll just change the narrative to “well we deserve all the money because we so wisely chose the input parameters”