Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Should I trade away Swift for Nico Collins, then drop a wr? Only asking because this ain't my year for fantasy. 0.5 ppr
My WR are Ridley, DK, Meyers, Flowers, c. Samuel
Other RBs are Pollard, R. White and Mostert, k Williams on ir

E: oh he has a calf injury. Of course.

You should be getting significantly more for Swift even if Collins wasn't injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Bengals-Texans game has the 2nd highest over/under at 47, right behind Detroit-Chargers. It was the highest, but I think the Chase and Higiins injuries have lowered it.

Speaking of which, you may want to add Tyler Boyd to the end of your bench. Especially if you own Chase or Higgins, or are playing against them.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

freeman posted:

You should be getting significantly more for Swift even if Collins wasn't injured.

Counterpoint: I had Swift when he was on the lions and I’d rather have a ham sandwich

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Looks like Montgomery is back this week. I have a Flex spot I’m looking at for him (have CMC and Pollard(lolsob)as RB1 & 2).

Obviously concerned with performance after injury. What’s the skinny on D-Mon?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

saintonan posted:

This week is against a top 3 defense in Cleveland, if you have reasonable options this would be a week to sit Lamar. [Now that I've angered the fantasy gods, he'll go off for 50]

Not taking anything away from CLE here but I throw all that poo poo out the window in divisional games.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Uh is there any stats or analysis to support this before i finalise my roster for the weekend, or is this more of a ride or die hope and prayer?

Because drat I’m pretty sure Goff ain’t gonna be top ten qb this week lol

No this is gut feeling.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How is everyone feeling about Stroud's chances vs CIN?

@CIN, and feeling less good, with Nico probably out and Pierce out as well.

That said CIN currently gives up the most points to TE in the league, and if Stroud can rush a few times to keep the defense honest they may still hit the over.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oh man do I start Noah Brown

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kiimo posted:

With confidence. I just dropped him to pick up the Dolphins D in anticipation of them playing the Jets twice, and instead of dropping Khalil Shakir.

So that means Shakir puts up a dud and Brown pops off for 20 again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm starting Dalton Schultz over Mark Andrews.

I'm wild like that

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

Counterpoint: I had Swift when he was on the lions and I’d rather have a ham sandwich
Uhhh well Swift isn't on the Lions anymore. He is the RB6 in half-PPR. He faces the Giants in the fantasy semi-finals and the Cardinals in the finals. You want him on your team.

Trading him for Nico Collins is kinda insane.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

kiimo posted:

Make sure to have a backup plan - he played for Robert Woods who was injured and might return this week. I don't know if they keep Brown out after that game last week but there's a risk he doesn't play at all if Woods comes back.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I know Burrow is back to being Burrow, but potentially no Chase or Higgins has me worried and Purdy is just staring at me out on the wire

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mega dy posted:

Uhhh well Swift isn't on the Lions anymore. He is the RB6 in half-PPR. He faces the Giants in the fantasy semi-finals and the Cardinals in the finals. You want him on your team.

Trading him for Nico Collins is kinda insane.

Sorry I was confusing him with former Eagle Miles Sanders for some reason

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 9, 2023

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Braincloud posted:

Looks like Montgomery is back this week. I have a Flex spot I’m looking at for him (have CMC and Pollard(lolsob)as RB1 & 2).

Obviously concerned with performance after injury. What’s the skinny on D-Mon?

Well as a Gibbs owner watching this situation all year, if Montgomery is 100% then I'm pretty sure the Lions are going to continue to run him into the ground to protect the future use of Gibbs.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

dxt posted:

I know Burrow is back to being Burrow, but potentially no Chase or Higgins has me worried and Purdy is just staring at me out on the wire

Nope.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Varg posted:

Well as a Gibbs owner watching this situation all year, if Montgomery is 100% then I'm pretty sure the Lions are going to continue to run him into the ground to protect the future use of Gibbs.

Yup

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay pick two

Rhamondre Stevenson
Jonathan Taylor
David Montgomery

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

Okay pick two

Rhamondre Stevenson
Jonathan Taylor
David Montgomery

Taylor for sure, and Stevenson probably has a slight edge over Montgomery if it's PPR, otherwise I'd go with Monty.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kiimo posted:

Okay pick two

Rhamondre Stevenson
Jonathan Taylor
David Montgomery

Sit Rhamondre since it's an overseas game.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
And NE is missing probably their best lineman.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

gently caress it i'm starting Kyler over Lawrence. Hate the matchup and the weather for lawrence and hes been so mid this season so let's roll the dice against the lovely falcons

Also will start diontae johnson over kirk. Johnson commands targets and pickens is fading fast.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
In my weird no bench league, a guy that is 3-6 just went all in on buys on his main starter bye week. Had Mahomes and Kelce, and dropped everyone for better players that are on byes or IR and coming back next week. They picked up two players from the Rams, a Dolphin, and JJ. Just have no idea what they're trying here. They're playing the worst person in the league when they really need a win. They're 1percent to make the playoffs right now.

League is shaping out weird, because top teams are 7-2, I'm 6-3. And the rest or 4-5 or below, but they're still grabbing everyone they can.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Received trade offer:

Give: J Conner
Get: Lockett

I like it from the perspective of getting a known quantity for a crapshoot, and I'm a bit WR needy. Thoughts?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Received trade offer:

I like it from the perspective of getting a known quantity for a crapshoot, and I'm a bit WR needy. Thoughts?

I have both Conner and Lockett and I think this is a bad trade. Lockett is way too inconsistent, though matchup this week looks good.

I'm also a total fantasy novice, mea culpa

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Received trade offer:

I'd rather have Connor than Lockett. Lockett is one of those frustrating guys you bench and he goes off, but every time you play him it's single digits.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Received trade offer:

I think you can get someone better for Conner.

Also got a very spicy trade offer this morning:

2QB, 0.5 PPR:

I give:
- CJ Stroud
- Sam Howell
- Tyjae Spears

I get:
- Lamar Jackson
- Gardner Minshew
- Cooper Kupp

Seems like an obvious mash? Am I missing something here? It is a keeper league and I drafted all of those guys, so there's definitely some solid keeper value on their end.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 10, 2023

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Received trade offer:

Lockett's had a bad hammy nearly the entire season. He's been nursing it along, but he may never be 100% the rest of the way.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gearman posted:

2QB, 0.5 PPR:

I give:
- CJ Stroud
- Sam Howell
- Tyjae Spears

I get:
- Lamar Jackson
- Gardner Minshew
- Cooper Kupp

Seems like an obvious mash? Am I missing something here? It is a keeper league and I drafted all of those guys, so there's definitely some solid keeper value on their end.

As much as I've loved CKupp... I wouldn't do this.

I'd rather have what you currently have.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gearman posted:

2QB, 0.5 PPR:

I give:
- CJ Stroud
- Sam Howell
- Tyjae Spears

I get:
- Lamar Jackson
- Gardner Minshew
- Cooper Kupp

Puka is getting a lot of Kupps workload and Stafford is out for long enough they brought Wentz on board. I’d hang onto Stroud because there’s a decent chance that game last week activated something in him and he starts popping off hard

Oh also Lamar is a fantastic QB and a super inconsistent fantasy QB

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, all good points that are what made me think about it for a minute. They seem pretty eager to get some keeper value so I'll probably counter with something else.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rhamondre or Aaron Jones this week? (0.5 ppr)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RCarr posted:

Rhamondre or Aaron Jones this week? (0.5 ppr)

Rhamondre for sure

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Judgy Fucker posted:

I drafted Lamar, have ridden him the whole season. A couple weeks ago I picked up Howell off waivers for a buck on a lark. Rather than face the agony of deciding who to start, I just traded away Lamar for Terry McLaurin (who is now my best WR by a decent amount if not counting the rapidly fading Puka, next would be Christian Kirk) and Achane.

Now watch Lamar explode for 40 this week.

Trade is done, so no going back but am curious to know if this trade is graded A+, F-, or "meh" by the collective wisdom of Goons.

Late to this, but Lamar is the QB4 on the season. Every quarterback not named Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts have been frustrating. You just traded for an equally frustrating Terry McLaurin who will have similar issues, but a lot less points. You will have the benefit of the double dip with Howell though.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Diggs popped up today as limited with a back issue, wouldn’t normally note it but he’s on the MNF game so worth keeping an eye on

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sataere posted:

Late to this, but Lamar is the QB4 on the season. Every quarterback not named Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts have been frustrating. You just traded for an equally frustrating Terry McLaurin who will have similar issues, but a lot less points. You will have the benefit of the double dip with Howell though.

Yeah I'm not quite sure why everyone is saying Lamar hasn't been a good fantasy QB. Sure it's been a bit of a rollercoaster but way more highs than lows

Edit: As a follow up to my post a page or 2 back, I ended up not getting either Chase or Kupp. The Chase owner got a better offer and the Kupp owner wanted a 1st + 5th + Olave or a 2nd + 3rd + Olave and I wasn't ready to pay those prices.

Ended up trading for Davante Adams + 6th for 2nd + Olave. Probably a bit of an overpay but Adams has literally nowhere to go but up... right :ohdear:

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 11, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah I'm not quite sure why everyone is saying Lamar hasn't been a good fantasy QB. Sure it's been a bit of a roller-coaster but way more highs than lows

Idk, I’d rather have a QB that consistently gets ~20pts/wk in ½ppr

He’s had 5 sub 20pt weeks and 4 20+ weeks

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

My league switched to Team QB this year, due to how devastating an injury is, and how you could also be penalized for a team playing too well and pulling their starters, and that finally helped out a ton last week (Baltimore TQB got 20.8 points)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lamar is doing fine for me. Their defense (which I also have) is so good sometimes he doesn’t need to do much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Idk, I’d rather have a QB that consistently gets ~20pts/wk in ½ppr

He’s had 5 sub 20pt weeks and 4 20+ weeks

Yea, we all want Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes. But if you didn’t get them, what Lamar is doing is the best you can hope for.