Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

The pause is for the F16s to refuel and rearm.

Maybe some therapy for the remaining tank crews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

VomitOnLino posted:

Utter depraved bullshit. They should put a red triangle on the white house

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

how about some humanitarian paws? im talking big awkward puppo paws, smol pink kitten beans, baking biscuits, the works

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

BigWeirdSashimi posted:

Maybe some therapy for the remaining tank crews

gotta get Chaim's world of tanks account set up

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Neurolimal posted:

Anyways yeah, there's plenty good on Youtube, it's just got a stigma because of how most of the Breadtube crew turned out to be really mediocre socdems without a single radical bone in their body. Most young people aren't going to be reading old dusty forums or old dusty books and you want something to compete with the stupid bullshit neoliberals/socdems/reactionaries/fascists poo poo out

I like this guy's videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHAitSKtVs

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress this guy sucks rear end

Man he's turned into an absolute demon

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al! posted:

the next moves are, isreal keeps bombing civilians and hamas will continue to blow up tanks and enemy positions, because israel is still bombing civilians. then the west will collectively shrug and go oh well i guess both sides are complicit in violating it

Nah, the next move is to pause fighting for a few hours to try to drain the population of the north then blame Hamas if anything happens...after that the West will rearm the Israelis with anything they have in stock. The whole problem with the plan is that ordnance hasn't been working and a lot of Gazans have said they prefer to die in their homes than be ethnically cleansed.

Also, the Israelis are taking some serious losses in an unsustainable manner while the their other fronts are only getting worse. The West will do everything possible to keep the genocide going as best they can, but their arms industries are clearly not up to the task of supplying one if not two wars.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ardennes posted:

Also, the Israelis are taking some serious losses in an unsustainable manner while the their other fronts are only getting worse. The West will do everything possible to keep the genocide going as best they can, but their arms industries are clearly not up to the task of supplying one if not two wars.

bad news z man but there's oil on the line

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Some have ERA, but that isn't going to help with tandem RPGs or heavier ATGMs.

Arguably, it would be time to give up on their closed hatch doctrine, but their reservists clearly have no idea what they are doing.

Yeah if the "professionals" got smoked this bad the reservists are a lost cause

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If Israel slows or pauses to any degree before they achieve something the politicians can declare a victory then it means some limitation is forcing them to do so. I'm sure it'll leak before long whether it's material or personnel related. It definitely had zero to do with anything the US asks.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://x.com/cirnosad/status/1722617394961817719?s=20

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

KomradeX posted:

Yeah if the "professionals" got smoked this bad the reservists are a lost cause

Yeah, the Israelis will attempt to make it up with "slava" and admittedly that on paper considerable reserves and old m113s The question is how things are going to work out if it keep on going in this matter.

The US is doing what it can by intimidating the rest of the region, and trying to game some type of "pause" but the Israelis can't pull too many forces from other sectors. If Hamas keeps on what they are doing, they are just going to have to eventually keep reservists flooding into Gaza to try to take it block by block because it is the only way forward. If the IDF may ramp up strikes against civilians to further force them out of the area.

Hezbollah (as well as the Houthis and other militias) are slowly ramping up the heat but they aren't fully going to get involved until they see an opening. It will eventually be in the US' court: either they have to force the Israelis to back done (I don't know if it is possible) or they have to get knee in the mess and potentially be overcommitted.

FuzzySlippers posted:

If Israel slows or pauses to any degree before they achieve something the politicians can declare a victory then it means some limitation is forcing them to do so. I'm sure it'll leak before long whether it's material or personnel related. It definitely had zero to do with anything the US asks.

The 4 hour pauses are just for the purposes of ethnic cleansing; there isn't anything else serious about them besides getting some more reinforcements into the area as well. The IDF is absolutely clearly committed to trying to level Gaza, it is just getting more difficult to actually do.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

Being exposed to US cable news is terrorism. The way every time you mention Israel may have done something wrong you also have to mention the holocaust only gets weirder over time. The idea that the founding of Israel is reparations for the holocaust ignores the larger history at play or that it was traumatized survivors massacring Palestinians, but 70+ years later to explain war crimes really. Even the movie Schindler's List is older than most Palestinians and is likely older than anyone fighting on the Israeli side. It's like talking of how much the gory Battle of Gettysburg affected the 20 year olds heading off to fight WW1 or trying to understand Japanese war crimes in WW2 through the lens of the Boshin War. Even more so today with the pace of history and information is such that even the presidency of George Bush Sr is in the near mythic past.

/gif the dude saying what the gently caress does anything have to do with vietnam walter

That's why these people always talk about epigenetic trauma. The holocaust didn't just victimize the people thatnwent through it. But every Jew now on to the end of time. Now I'm not a fancy brain scientist, but the ease in which liberalism has adopted this concept and uses it to deflect on doing anything good makes me think its bullshit

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

KomradeX posted:

That's why these people always talk about epigenetic trauma. The holocaust didn't just victimize the people thatnwent through it. But every Jew now on to the end of time. Now I'm not a fancy brain scientist, but the ease in which liberalism has adopted this concept and uses it to deflect on doing anything good makes me think its bullshit

All of this is about latching on to something that was actually tragic to browbeat people into staying silent towards future crimes. Israel itself very clearly doesn't care about holocaust survivors when it actually counts in terms of support.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress this guy sucks rear end

for what it’s worth becoming a senator seems to have completely ruined his life lmao

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Ardennes posted:

All of this is about latching on to something that was actually tragic to browbeat people into staying silent towards future crimes. Israel itself very clearly doesn't care about holocaust survivors when it actually counts in terms of support.

This. There has been some articles posted here about the horrific treatment of actual holocaust survivors by the zionist entity.
They just use the holocaust as cover because it's expedient to their genocidal goals

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

al-aqsa flood two looking pretty good

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was looking up on whether Salman "punished" Rushdie had weighed in on Palestine and I found this video of a talk he had with Edward Said from 1986 that I wanted to share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf0J9KlHank

Where Should the Birds Fly After the Last Sky?

The Earth is closing on us
pushing us through the last passage
and we tear off our limbs to pass through.
The Earth is squeezing us.
I wish we were its wheat
so we could die and live again.
I wish the Earth was our mother
so she’d be kind to us.
I wish we were pictures on the rocks
for our dreams to carry as mirrors.
We saw the faces of those who will throw
our children out of the window of this last space.
Our star will hang up mirrors.
Where should we go after the last frontiers ?
Where should the birds fly after the last sky ?
Where should the plants sleep after the last breath of air ?
We will write our names with scarlet steam.
We will cut off the hand of the song to be finished by our flesh.
We will die here, here in the last passage.
Here and here our blood will plant its olive tree.

– Mahmoud Darwish

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Best example of this is when Zionists get really angry or dismissive whenever non-Jewish victims of the Holocaust are ever mentioned or included in Holocaust history, especially Roma people. See, those guys were REAL untermenschen, unlike us.

We need to arm the Roma, Homosexuals, Communists and Jehovah's Witnesses.

In that order.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's going to end up reshaping the entire world. The world-historical significance of Oct. 7th isn't just the revolution in Arab affairs, it pre-empts the possibility of fortress politics. The idea that the First World can somehow isolate itself within the walled garden and kill everything that approaches is totally dead now. There is no perfectly effective system of security that can indefinitely keep the "savages" out, no matter how capital intensive and cybernetic the system is it will have points of failure that can be defeated given enough time to present themselves. A seemingly unassailable power imbalance breeds complacency. If the "First World" wants to survive it will have to negotiate with the wretched masses of humanity. Whether they're willing to negotiate or not is tough titties, the theory of asymmetrical resistance is already proven.

Just look at the Herculean effort required just to attempt a genocide on a tiny strip of land filled with the world's poorest people. The First World doesn't have the physical capacity to wage the kind of mass death they suppose is necessary. Nuclear hostage taking also loses its impact when there are nuclear powers in the 2nd and 3rd worlds. The First World is making its entry into the climate crisis playing a worse hand than any of our leadership is capable of recognizing. We might seem like we're bluffing, but we actually believe that we hold all the cards.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol what the hell is going on in england

The British government accuses the police of bias towards the Palestinians after they refused to prevent a march scheduled for next Saturday

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1722793206851498363?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was looking up on whether Salman "punished" Rushdie had weighed in on Palestine and I found this video of a talk he had with Edward Said from 1986 that I wanted to share

The Earth is closing on us
pushing us through the last passage
and we tear off our limbs to pass through.
The Earth is squeezing us.
I wish we were its wheat
so we could die and live again.
I wish the Earth was our mother
so she’d be kind to us.
I wish we were pictures on the rocks
for our dreams to carry as mirrors.
We saw the faces of those who will throw
our children out of the window of this last space.
Our star will hang up mirrors.
Where should we go after the last frontiers ?
Where should the birds fly after the last sky ?
Where should the plants sleep after the last breath of air ?
We will write our names with scarlet steam.
We will cut off the hand of the song to be finished by our flesh.
We will die here, here in the last passage.
Here and here our blood will plant its olive tree.

– Mahmoud Darwish

Jeeze. This poem made me tear up - and now I am beyond angry again...

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

FAFO

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

The British government accuses the police of bias towards the Palestinians after they refused to prevent a march scheduled for next Saturday

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1722793206851498363?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

From what little I understand British politics: The Home Secretary (whatever the gently caress that is) asked the Metropolitan Police to ban a pro-Palestinian march on "Armistice Day" (for us 'muricans, Veterans Day) with the usual :qq: about how "disrespectful" and "inappropriate" it supposedly is. The police apparently refused, and so the Tory fascists are mad....I guess?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

América is Mentally Unwell

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

From what little I understand British politics: The Home Secretary (whatever the gently caress that is) asked the Metropolitan Police to ban a pro-Palestinian march on "Armistice Day" (for us 'muricans, Veterans Day) with the usual :qq: about how "disrespectful" and "inappropriate" it supposedly is. The police apparently refused, and so the Tory fascists are mad....I guess?

how does an anglo government tell the police to attack unarmed civilians for being insufficiently pro-fascism get met with 'no'???

EDIT: i assume it must be a dispute over OT for the event

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

cops with an air force

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
new thomas friedman article is out, its all stupid racist drivel, but this part made me
laugh:-

quote:

Kiryat Shmona is one of the most important Israeli towns on the border with Lebanon. That father said his family had fled the northern fence line with thousands of other Israeli families after the pro-Iranian Hezbollah militia and Palestinian militias in southern Lebanon began lobbing rockets and artillery and making incursions in solidarity with Hamas.

When might they go back? They had no idea. Like more than 200,000 other Israelis, they have taken refuge with friends or in hotels all across this small country of nine million people. And it has taken only a few weeks for Israelis to begin driving up real estate prices in seemingly safer central Israeli towns. For Hezbollah, that alone is mission accomplished, without even invading like Hamas. Together, Hezbollah and Hamas are managing to shrink Israel.

capitalism!

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

new thomas friedman article is out, its all stupid racist drivel, but this part made me
laugh:-

capitalism!

this extremely specific set of circumstances gonna produce a guy who's both a zionist and a maoist at the same time

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Keeper Garrett posted:

In that order.

I would love to see a heavily armed Roma insurgency blazing its way across Europe. A surprising number of otherwise moderate countries will still lose their poo poo about gypsies much less racist countries like France where it's basically still gov policy to discriminate.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Keeper Garrett posted:

In that order.

After the Western Allies liberated the concentration camps, many of the homosexuals that were "liberated" were forced to serve out their criminal sentence in normal prisons due to the Western Allies retaining the Nazi anti-homosexuality laws.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

how dare they march for a ceasefire on armistice day???

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

gradenko_2000 posted:

Skipped around on this but found Said, in responsding to a Q regarding the future of Jews in Palestine with an anecdote that was pretty interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf0J9KlHank&t=3404s

He also echoes the notion that there is not going to be a Palestine without the Palestinians or the Jews. I find this more realistic than our sentimental notion of Arab armies destroying the Israelis. In fact he goes on to say that neither a political or military solution will be found, and brings up the possibility of some more 'unconventional means of association'. Here I point back to the intriguing possibility that the gulf states are actually up to something. Also I note Al Saqr mentioned the futility of the Abrahamic accords and once again refer back to that Middle Nation guy who sez: watch and see, the Egyptians and Jordanians will scrap this and come back with a stronger treaty.

*shrug*

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 04:14 on Nov 10, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Regulatory capture but by different groups.

Subversionception.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aljazeera Arabic on Youtube has footage coming out of Gaza that I haven't seen anywhere else.

If anyone wants/needs to be confronted with the horror of what is actually happening under a news blackout.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

how dare they march for a ceasefire on armistice day???

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Aljazeera Arabic on Youtube has footage coming out of Gaza that I haven't seen anywhere else.

If anyone wants/needs to be confronted with the horror of what is actually happening under a news blackout.

wow this is terrifying. reminds of the part in Metroid Prime 3 where Meta Ridley attacks the federation base

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Blarghalt posted:

this extremely specific set of circumstances gonna produce a guy who's both a zionist and a maoist at the same time

superziomaoman

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Praying for a second blood clot to come in and finish the job 🙏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Calibanibal posted:

wow this is terrifying. reminds of the part in Metroid Prime 3 where Meta Ridley attacks the federation base

Not a great post