Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I think it's a combination of the brown base layer of the flame pattern blending with the rust-coloured weathering choices. I've scaled the weathering back a tiny bit on the finalized version to let the pattern come through a tiny bit better, as will be seen when the video is ready later on.

Anyway, now that we have a baseline of a super energy-sucky core and boosters strapped to a tractor engine:

We need weapons loadouts for our next slate of missions.

In Video 4 were are going to be:
  • blowing up some power generators
  • attacking a big pick up truck
  • climbing a wall

Arm this pile of poo poo, Thread-2-1.

punchbot Punchbot PUNCHBOT

I insist on at least one arm being reserved for punches. I have my reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

my reasons are rip and tear

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
You can put whatever you want on the shoulders but I want both arms empty for optimal punching!

I can definitely think of a mission where that'd be a -bad- idea on that list but fists on an AC are surprisingly real.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
So all three missions with the same base MT AC but with different loadouts? I'll leave the loadout for the first to the experts. Second mission run the default loadout. Third rework things into a missile boat with pistol backup.

Also I'd like to propose not including the generator in future design a bot sessions. It has too much of an impact on performance and not enough on the aesthetics of the AC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

habituallyred posted:

So all three missions with the same base MT AC but with different loadouts? I'll leave the loadout for the first to the experts. Second mission run the default loadout. Third rework things into a missile boat with pistol backup.

Also I'd like to propose not including the generator in future design a bot sessions. It has too much of an impact on performance and not enough on the aesthetics of the AC.

Well, this IS a consensus build, so if people want to swap out the generator or any frame parts for a mission, they're welcome to suggest and agree upon it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

A bit late, but Goonframe would be a good name if we can swap out parts for it between missions.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

gotta use a shotgun if we're gonna be loving with a truck

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
2x Vertical missile launchers and fists only.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

This sounds good to me.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

use a better generator for that wall, it sounds like we might not have the juice

biggest fattest generator and slap some bazookas and vertical missiles on it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

WaltherFeng posted:

Voting for this for one mission

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

Strongly endorsed.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Fists only?? Surely fists, kick and pile driver would be more fun, and those unlock pretty soon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Crazy Achmed posted:

Fists only?? Surely fists, kick and pile driver would be more fun, and those unlock pretty soon.
Yeah, I second holding off the silly melee-only build for when we have more melee tools

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

How does the plasma rifle with lingering AOEs actually work? That could be fun.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Brutal Garcon posted:

It works very, very well.

Merrygate
Aug 10, 2019

You take these risky jobs too, huh?

Brutal Garcon posted:

It fires slow-ish moving plasma bolts that explode on impact in a small radius. Charging that one fires three bolts simultaneously, increasing the damage somewhat and greatly increasing the area affected. The charge also overheats the gun instantly, disabling it for several seconds. Great in PvE; not that great for PvP. Like a lot of weapons, really. :v:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

But enemies in pve tend to react extremely quickly to your shots, so it's a pain in the rear end to land a hit. But when you do, the plasma gun hits like a truck.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I will always vote for punchyfist runs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also if you would believe it, we currently have access to basically the most powerful PvE gun in the game. Ransetsu-RF is incredibly busted if you pair it with a big stagger punish on the shoulders.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grizzwold posted:

I would like you to try and make at least one part of your frankenAC look like the textures failed to load. How are you supposed to do that? Hell if I know, I've never played one of these!

So I forgot this one important part of the design request so here's our ACTUAL final Gooncensus AC build for the next slate of missions (weapon choices pending):

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Is there no way to get a black checkerboard on that missing texture part to finish off the effect?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not a pure checkerboard, but there is a digital camo pattern that should approximate it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Not a pure checkerboard, but there is a digital camo pattern that should approximate it.

Time for so many decals

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm going by the way Bethesda games fail to load their textures and just put a solid colour searingly magenta blank slate in the world instead.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, I second holding off the silly melee-only build for when we have more melee tools

Can we have an 'industrial loader' mech equipped only with actual tools, nothing that is a weapon-as-designed?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The Lone Badger posted:

Can we have an 'industrial loader' mech equipped only with actual tools, nothing that is a weapon-as-designed?

There's a midgame mission that will unlock some parts I can think of as appropriate, although (non story spoilers, just mission structure spoilers) the boss of that mission is kind enough to demonstrate that build themselves.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Around the end of chapter 3 we should have the parts for that

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I will always vote for punchyfist runs.

It ain't really a spoiler but I'll just tell you this here and now:

Using nothing but fists in this game is really dull and you don't want to watch videos on that. Using only melee weapons can be interesting sometimes, but it'll pretty much always be more interesting to rock a full suite of weapons.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mdct posted:

Using nothing but fists in this game is really dull and you don't want to watch videos on that. Using only melee weapons can be interesting sometimes, but it'll pretty much always be more interesting to rock a full suite of weapons.

For what it's worth, I just finished recording the main footage for those three missions and I only use a fisty bot in one of them, and only with one hand free. So it's enough to show that it's viable but we're not really gonna do an unarmed build for anything more than a mission here or there or a rerun of a mission for shits and giggles.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

How about for a near-melee build: coquillet and haldeman on the the right arm and shoulder, blade of your choosing and ashmead on the left arm and shoulder, and some legs that are really good for kicking?

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 10, 2023

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Actually, all this got me thinking about an actual build. Parts should be available soon...

THE BUS
I can't remember what unlocks when, but if one of the below isn't available then substitutions suggested below. The idea is to pelt things with missiles while closing in, let loose with the guns, run the target over when possible and when you get a stagger, smash them with the piledriver. Beep beep, get out of the bus lane, nothing stands in the way of public transport.
Colour scheme is lots of yellow, some black, a light coating of brown rust on the body and heaps of brown rust on the weapons. Bright red lights.

Possible swaps if stuff above doesn't all unlock at a suitable time:
Zimmerman for haldeman
JVLN alpha for another bazooka
10-pack missiles for anything, really
Generator and FCS per your own preference

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Crazy Achmed posted:

Actually, all this got me thinking about an actual build. Parts should be available soon...

THE BUS
I can't remember what unlocks when, but if one of the below isn't available then substitutions suggested below. The idea is to pelt things with missiles while closing in, let loose with the guns, run the target over when possible and when you get a stagger, smash them with the piledriver. Beep beep, get out of the bus lane, nothing stands in the way of public transport.
Colour scheme is lots of yellow, some black, a light coating of brown rust on the body and heaps of brown rust on the weapons. Bright red lights.

Possible swaps if stuff above doesn't all unlock at a suitable time:
Zimmerman for haldeman
JVLN alpha for another bazooka
10-pack missiles for anything, really
Generator and FCS per your own preference

:hmmyes:

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

mdct posted:

I was just hoping to watch crow suffer through a particular mission and boss trying to punch it to death and here you come with your reasonable takes about entertainment.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Its better to get punch mech out of the way so we get to the good stuff like dual stun bomb launcher

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

Its better to get punch mech out of the way so we get to the good stuff like dual stun bomb launcher

They just buffed that

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Also again, I love everyone's enthusiasm, but can we maybe try to steer the requests away from referencey stuff for the time being. This is Let's Play Armored Core VI, not Let's Play Your Favorite Mecha Anime Dress Up Game, please. We got the Gundam out of the way up front already, let's try to leave it there.

said crow to a bunch of goons. getta load of Sisyphus o'er here folks

(also THE BUS looks hella rad)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

said crow to a bunch of goons. getta load of Sisyphus o'er here folks

(also THE BUS looks hella rad)

We will most definitely be putting THE BUS to use when we get to the point where we have the parts for it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nine-gear crow posted:

We will most definitely be putting THE BUS to use when we get to the point where we have the parts for it.

I feel like a great use for this would be the swinburne mission if the parts are ready by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I had a hell of a time getting the final "hidden" unlockable from the Swinburne mission, and I have no idea how to pilot a tank effectively, so seeing that build shown off by a competent player would be neat.

If anyone really, really wants to see punching, there's a video of a japanese public pre-release event where they fished some guy out of the audience to try the game, and punching ensued.
Video contains spoilers and shows a thing or two that we won't see until chapter 3, however.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxO8uDaHNT8&t=3783s