Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Marenghi posted:

Yeah I don't get people saying we shouldn't wish for the end of Israel as it currently exists.
Should we not have wished for the end of Nazi Germany, or Apartheid South Africa. That this opinion is controversial is insane.

explaining it in harry potter terms helps quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Frosted Flake posted:

Just wear a white poppy.

Even that gets ypu poo poo from swivel eyed flag fuckers
More than *not* weating one

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

wearing an empty bottle of poppers on my lapel

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
officer this heroin is in honor of the troops.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the poppies have gone woke!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Even that gets ypu poo poo from swivel eyed flag fuckers
More than *not* weating one

Well, isn't that the point? I mean, forcing them to argue against peace?

The whole point of commemoration is to reflect on the past, and a symbol that gets a visceral reaction - which poppies did for the generation that fought through the war - is more useful that one which has been coopted to become a symbol of Tory nationalism or whatever.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yeah I'm sure if we can make them understand that Hamas is basically Voldemort we'll be able to change minds

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Death to the State of Israel

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Judgy Fucker posted:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

and the great satan

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Frosted Flake posted:

Just wear a white poppy.

They hate this too because it's the compromise some Irish people use, so as not to specifically be remembering British troops who carried out oppression in northern Ireland.

You can't remember all troops because that means you're remembering the enemies. Only British troops are allowed to be honoured.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

and the great satan

:haibrow:

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
I hope it doesn't come off as toxic optimism but my counterweight to the enraging horror of the genocidal entity is that we are also witnessing one of the most effective resistances to tyranny in the history of the world. I can't become wholly bleak knowing that at least, the people of the world are learning how to throw off their shackles again.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Marenghi posted:

You can remember all troops because that means you're remembering the enemies. Only British troops are allowed to be honoured.

I'm afraid to ask if they bother commemorating the Indian and African troops who died in huge numbers for King & Country.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Instead of wearing a poppy just wear a big badge that says 'I agree with 100% and glorify the actions of Hamas'.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
birth to palestine

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm afraid to ask if they bother commemorating the Indian and African troops who died in huge numbers for King & Country.

I assume that's fine because even though they weren't white they fought for the British.

The white poppy especially when worn by the Irish is hated because they consider it the IRA poppy.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Seems like this would be a good year to commemorate the Sinai and Palestine campaign, Balfour Declaration, and King David Hotel.

Marenghi posted:

The white poppy especially when worn by the Irish is hated because they consider it the IRA poppy.

Having read books about the British Army in Ireland, a little self reflection would be nice. Particularly with what's going on in Gaza.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

SplitSoul posted:

Really something that Israel has exceeded half the monthly average kill rate of loving Auschwitz with heavy ordnance alone.

i think the reported kills is half the actual rate so israel is operating at 100 percent auschwitz probably

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
gonna have to report Ivan Semenovich Lykov

and Alexander Vasilyevich Bodnar

for being a little bit too invested in their narration of having fought literal exterminationist fascists

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I hope it doesn't come off as toxic optimism but my counterweight to the enraging horror of the genocidal entity is that we are also witnessing one of the most effective resistances to tyranny in the history of the world. I can't become wholly bleak knowing that at least, the people of the world are learning how to throw off their shackles again.

Hmm? How so?

As far as I can tell PETA had more success destroying the furrier industry than anyone so far has had protesting/opposing Israel. Hezbollah, the Houthis, and Hamas are putting up an impressive fight... but so far the victory seems pyric.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

SplitSoul posted:

Really something that Israel has exceeded half the monthly average kill rate of loving Auschwitz with heavy ordnance alone.

That is terrifying. I don't really have other words to describe it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Shifa refusing to evacuate and bend to the Zionists

https://twitter.com/alihashem_tv/status/1722980353508270286

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
New polls from Ma'ariv.

33% believe Israel should hand control over Gaza to the international community
8% believe the strip should be handed over to the PA
22% believe Gaza should remain under Israeli military occupation
22% belive Gaza should remain occupied AND settled by Israelis
15% are unsure

4% support a ceasefire in exchange for information about the hostages
16% support a ceasefire in exchange for the return of hostages
39% support a ceasefire in exchange for the return of ALL the hostages
3% support a ceasefire with no relation to the hostages
30% oppose a ceasefire completely
8% are unsure

Grim.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Why would Irish people want to wear a pacifist poppy rather than one that has been coopted to only commemorate the British Army...?

:siren: The publisher's blurb talks about the Irish exactly as the Israelis are talking about Gaza today :siren:

"'Sir, they're taking the kids indoors' was a cry heard by most if not all of the British soldiers who served on either the 4 month emergency or the 2 year resident battalion tours of Northern Ireland. It refers to the IRA tactic of warning the civilian population in Republican areas of the impending arrival of one of their gunmen. Clearly, as witnessed by the number of civilian deaths among the Catholic population directly or indirectly at the hands of their 'protectors' in the IRA, they were not averse to killing or causing the deaths of Catholics.

Once the 'jungle drums' had warned mothers of the approaching death at the hands of the 'widow maker' they would bring their offspring indoors and thus give the IRA the 'moral high ground' of not shooting their own supporters. Once a soldier had called out these words to comrades, the patrol would know that the angel of death was in the area, never far away at the best of times. It would alert them to the fact that they had to be ready for something more lethal than the aimed bricks, Molotov cocktails, dead animals, dog excrement and used sanitary towels which the women of the Republican areas so charmingly saved for the optimum moment. It would herald the approach of a gunman or gunmen and the locals, especially those who reveled in the prospect of 'shooting a Brit' or adherents to the Provisionals' line of killing a soldier a day would have their sadistic hatred sated for a day at least at the sight of British blood staining the streets.

One only need consult the roll of honor in any of Ken's books to know that there were many streets in Belfast and Londonderry where the Republican mobs had danced in the blood of a young man from England, Scotland, Wales or even their own Northern Ireland - Spamount Street, New Lodge; Flax Street, Ardoyne; Glenalina Gardens, Ballymurphy; Ardmonagh Gardens, Turf Lodge; Shaw's Road, Andersonstown; Lecky Road, Londonderry and Iniscarn Road, Creggan, Londonderry. All saw British blood stain the tarmac; in some cases on more than occasion.

The blinkered Irish-Americans so willingly, and sometimes not so willingly (there were generally IRA supporters on hand to 'encourage' contributions), gave their hard-earned dollars to support these people. The money was collected on the pretext that it was for the 'families of the men behind the wire' or alms for the people 'back home.' Huge sums were raised which, far from providing alms actually provided arms for the perpetration and perpetuation of the misery for over 1.5 million people living in Northern Ireland. But it wasn't just the Irish-Americans - Irish-Australians, Colonel Gaddafi of Libya and the provocateurs of the former USSR also played their part."

:britain:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/alihashem_tv/status/1722889401045287022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sancho Banana posted:

22% belive Gaza should remain occupied AND settled by Israelis

sounds like decimation would still be too good for Israel

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

massive pro--palestinian protests in yemen

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

it's not toxic optimism
as long as palestinians are resisting, they can win this. israel and great satan aren't nearly as OP as they used to be thanks to 40 years of neoliberalism, and people have overcome bigger power imbalances in history than what palestine is facing now. stay optimistic, keep posting, keep protesting. if nothing else it keeps everyone's morale up

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

sounds like decimation would still be too good for Israel

22% of respondents should be bulldozed into the sea.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Sancho Banana posted:

Now being serious, it's bullshit to tone police an arab goon for celebrating when the fascist military currently genociding his fellow arabs get rekt. It's not even like he's giving detailed descriptions of gore, just tanks blowing up. I've literally personally been in the presence of IOF troops all my life and it doesn't bother me so I don't know why it should bother anyone else who's pro Palestine right now.

Serious question, would the gestapo catch on that you're posting here with the new law or is vbulletin incomprehensible to these cyber sleuths

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

God drat lmfao

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ideally they'd all realize that Israel is being utterly insane, but in the context of Israel being an insane state 41% support for non-Israel control of Gaza, 59% in favor of a ceasefire is a good sign; suggests that the more squeamish Israelis are buckling.

Whether that's because the IDF are taking high casualties, war fatigue, economic pressures, or becoming an international pariah abroad & online, I hope all of the above continue until they are dragged kicking and screaming towards peace.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Ideally they'd all realize that Israel is being utterly insane, but in the context of Israel being an insane state 41% support for non-Israel control of Gaza, 59% in favor of a ceasefire is a good sign; suggests that the more squeamish Israelis are buckling.

Whether that's because the IDF are taking high casualties, war fatigue, economic pressures, or becoming an international pariah abroad & online, I hope all of the above continue until they are dragged kicking and screaming towards peace.

the way thats worded kinda gives the idea that they only support a ceasefire to get the hostages and thats it after that we know what happens

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kunabomber posted:

Serious question, would the gestapo catch on that you're posting here with the new law or is vbulletin incomprehensible to these cyber sleuths

Wishing all the idf cyber pigs a very pleasant dti

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Jel Shaker posted:

explaining it in harry potter terms helps quite a bit

In the last harry potter video game, the oppressed minority were the Bad Guys lol

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

Offkorn posted:

Hmm? How so?

As far as I can tell PETA had more success destroying the furrier industry than anyone so far has had protesting/opposing Israel. Hezbollah, the Houthis, and Hamas are putting up an impressive fight... but so far the victory seems pyric.

I see it completely differently. For the entity to survive it has to achieve the impossible. It has only one option, genocide millions without igniting a regional war. Triple H just do what they're doing and had planned to do. They don't need to achieve anything on the entities terms, just survive and maintain a tunnel infrastructure.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

officer this heroin is in honor of the troops.

poppies are the flowers of death, it is good to shun them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Kunabomber posted:

I doubt anyone over there is even aware that this website exists, and I've kept my Twitter account with barely any followers on private.

Also, let's be real. I am an Ashkenazi jew, that actress that was arrested for posting "let's go Berlin style" with a picture of the fence being torn down and got the government to consider deporting dissenters is an Arab Israeli, and the random people getting arrested for Facebook statuses are Palestinians. I am not the target for this law.