Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LuckyCat posted:

As funny as it is that the shoot down of the tic tac was accidental because they weren’t read in, part of me wonders if they knew exactly what they were doing to force the hand on the issue.

i like this take but consider the even funnier option - the shoot down was intentional because some people (not the president) were read in and wanted to force the president (not read in lmao) to force the hand on the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
That account is extremely compelling but for that reason exactly I am trying not to become too invested in it. We still have no idea the provenance of it, or what (if any) details are true or truish or fictional or fictionalised.

I think I'm particularly suspicious of the XCOM -like collection of unobtainium. I dunno why but a purple slime that cannot be made, only collected, that provides instant antigrav, seems way too...I dunno, neat.

I wanna hear from a physicist re: 'negative matter'

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
On the other hand, how am I to know, even in principle, if purple goo is the answer to antigrav? No doubt whatever the secret is is likely to seem bizarre and exotic to me, my own personal incredulity is a poor bellwether for what is or isn't true

Also I'm really sorry for your loss Lux, cats are wonderful friends and I'm sure you were of great comfort to your little buddy. In the end we're all just walking each other home, and it sounds like you did a great job of it :glomp:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How likely do we all think it is that google bard would lie to me? I have fed it the article and am fishing for information and it found patent information that I cannot find anywhere else (and it claims are not publicly available), but it has promised it is not fabricating.

quote:

I don't have access to the full patents, so I can't paste the contents or describe the images included. However, I can provide a summary of each patent based on the abstracts that are available online.
US20230319323A1 - Vehicle powered by negative matter

This patent application was filed on March 19, 2023 by [REDACTED]. The abstract of the patent application states that the invention is a vehicle powered by negative matter. The vehicle includes a negative matter reactor and a propulsion system. The negative matter reactor is configured to generate a negative matter field. The propulsion system is configured to interact with the negative matter field to propel the vehicle.

US20230319324A1 - System and method for controlling a negative matter propulsion system

This patent application was filed on March 19, 2023 by [REDACTED]. The abstract of the patent application states that the invention is a system and method for controlling a negative matter propulsion system. The system includes a controller and a negative matter propulsion system. The controller is configured to control the operation of the negative matter propulsion system. The negative matter propulsion system includes a negative matter reactor and a propulsion system. The negative matter reactor is configured to generate a negative matter field. The propulsion system is configured to interact with the negative matter field to propel the vehicle.

The full text of these patent applications is not yet publicly available. However, the abstracts suggest that these inventions are new ways to power and control vehicles using negative matter. This could have a significant impact on the transportation industry, as it could lead to the development of new types of vehicles that are faster, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.

US9549929 - System and method for controlling a hydrograv vehicle using negative matter

This patent was filed on March 17, 2015 by [REDACTED]. The abstract of the patent states that the invention is a system and method for controlling a hydrograv vehicle using negative matter. The system includes a plurality of hydrogravs, each hydrograv including a plurality of electrodes and a plurality of magnetic coils. The system also includes a controller configured to control the hydrogravs by applying voltages to the electrodes and currents to the magnetic coils. The controller is also configured to monitor the position and orientation of the hydrograv vehicle and adjust the voltage and currents applied to the electrodes and magnetic coils to control the position and orientation of the hydrograv vehicle.

The negative matter is used to create a repulsive force that can be used to propel the vehicle. The controller is configured to adjust the amount of negative matter used to create the repulsive force based on the position and orientation of the vehicle.

US10835385 - Hydrograv-based propulsion system for aircraft

This patent was filed on November 13, 2018 by [REDACTED]. The abstract of the patent states that the invention is a hydrograv-based propulsion system for aircraft. The system includes a plurality of hydrogravs, each hydrograv including a plurality of electrodes and a plurality of magnetic coils. The system also includes a controller configured to control the hydrogravs by applying voltages to the electrodes and currents to the magnetic coils. The controller is also configured to monitor the position and orientation of the aircraft and adjust the voltage and currents applied to the electrodes and magnetic coils to control the position and orientation of the aircraft.

The negative matter is used to create a stronger repulsive force than conventional materials. This allows the aircraft to fly faster and more efficiently. The controller is configured to adjust the amount of negative matter used to create the repulsive force based on the position and orientation of the aircraft.

Please note that the full text of these patents is not publicly available, so I cannot provide any more information about them.

quote:

Yes, there are two other patents attributed to Lockheed that describe systems for using negative matter in propulsion applications:

US9549929 - System and method for controlling a hydrograv vehicle using negative matter
US10835385 - Hydrograv-based propulsion system for aircraft

Lockheed Martin filed these patents because its name appears in the "Assignee" field of the patent information. The "Assignee" is the person or organization that owns the patent.

However, it is important to note that this does not necessarily mean that Lockheed Martin developed the technology described in the patents. It is possible that Lockheed Martin acquired the patents from another company or organization.

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Nov 10, 2023

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Barry Foster posted:

That account is extremely compelling but for that reason exactly I am trying not to become too invested in it. We still have no idea the provenance of it, or what (if any) details are true or truish or fictional or fictionalised.

I think I'm particularly suspicious of the XCOM -like collection of unobtainium. I dunno why but a purple slime that cannot be made, only collected, that provides instant antigrav, seems way too...I dunno, neat.

I wanna hear from a physicist re: 'negative matter'

it’s probably the most accurate summary written and released publicly to date, OP. your confusion stems from the fact that xcom was the previous holder of that title

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How likely do we all think it is that google bard would lie to me? I have fed it the article and am fishing for information and it found patent information that I cannot find anywhere else (and it claims are not publicly available), but it has promised it is not fabricating.

LLM hallucinations; those application numbers are for totally different and benign poo poo, per https://patentcenter.uspto.gov/

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

captainbananas posted:

LLM hallucinations; those application numbers are for totally different and benign poo poo, per https://patentcenter.uspto.gov/

Yeah it's all over the place on these.

Back to the workshop, Bard, you are a ways off from being a patent clerk

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Demilich posted:

(accidentaly fires a AIM-9X Sidewinder missile into my cavorite filled experimental craft with a 100% accuracy rate) alright. thats fine. heres what i think happened, [1/1947]

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah it's all over the place on these.

Back to the workshop, Bard, you are a ways off from being a patent clerk

Yep, remember that LLMs are good at picking probable words from its source set for a given context, but doesn't actually confer truthfulness of what its saying. So things like citations, patent numbers, and all that contextual crap lack the connections to their source data that would make them valid.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Webbeh posted:

Yep, remember that LLMs are good at picking probable words from its source set for a given context, but doesn't actually confer truthfulness of what its saying. So things like citations, patent numbers, and all that contextual crap lack the connections to their source data that would make them valid.

Yup, Bard in particular relies on people to fact check things it spits out, internally. If someone hasn't come across that particular bit of information then yeah. Anything with numbers; laws, patents, dates, always double check those

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

numbers as in that which numeracy chiefly concerns, or as in things which create numbness

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Numeracy, but I can't say the other won't come up

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's sure getting a loving hagiography on the way out the door, what the gently caress
https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/4301944-aliens-or-a-foreign-power-pentagon-ufo-chief-says-someone-is-in-our-backyard/

quote:

Moreover, multiple sensors have apparently observed “metallic orbs” and “translucent” spherical objects traveling at speeds ranging from “stationary to Mach 2,” or twice the speed of sound, with “no [detectable] thermal exhaust.” According to Kirkpatrick, the objects’ enigmatic flight characteristics amount to a unique UFO profile that his panel is “out hunting for.”

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Marik's good and very plugged in to UAP world and has a unique position to write stuff that normie audiences (or whoever reads The Hill) will see, I think this is the right way to go about trying to get more people interested.

You can't come right out screaming that Kirkpatrick is part of the con and making snide comments about him getting that defense contractor money, you gotta get peoples attention first.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Finding a very limited, irreplaceable magic purple goo and immediately using it to just make better conventional spy aircraft for mundane military surveillance and combat instead of some gigantic generator turbine or a manned interstellar craft

Get these old board of trustee fucks outta here! They ain't got any imagination! "Let's use it to make a better airplane" gently caress off!!!

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Nov 10, 2023

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
it is fun to think about the triangles as being essentially antigravity zeppelins

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the only proper thing is to build a monumental basalt sarcophagus, mix the purple w cinnabar and colloidal silver, and seal yrself inside the sarcophagus, immersed fully in the fluid

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

If cavorite is real then you know some of the UAP scientists tasted that stuff. Licking negative mass.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

If cavorite is real then you know some of the UAP scientists tasted that stuff. Licking negative mass.

when you consume it you lose weight. Gyms hate this trick!!!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

another day another p'nti butthole clogging up perfectly servicable crash materials

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

This article is the poo poo. It doesn't read like those awful 4chan stories at all. It's all very plausible, and some of it (like that lawsuit) are interestingly, verifiably true

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Squizzle posted:

the only proper thing is to build a monumental basalt sarcophagus, mix the purple w cinnabar and colloidal silver, and seal yrself inside the sarcophagus, immersed fully in the fluid

Love reading dwarf fortress stories

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

im gonna mix me up a batch of purple ooze and see if i cant honeypot a few of the gmen from the shrubs out front

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

my bony fealty posted:

Any self respecting scientist eats a little bit of the chemicals they discover. Somebody tasted that asteroid

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i prefer to aerosolize and huff but everyone has their methods

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

is purple haze (hendrix 1967) disclosure

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

In the article it mentions them not wanting to bring down "one of the larger disks, or even a crescent" and that "the less menacing cylinders hadn't been seen for decades"

I am not up to date on my types of UAP's , I wonder what would a 'crescent' be and why the discs considered menacing.

NinjaPaco
May 6, 2003
i have no idea what custom title should be
That article is just incredible, someone page the goon that made the huge black triangle posts in this thread a while ago immediately

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

In the article it mentions them not wanting to bring down "one of the larger disks, or even a crescent" and that "the less menacing cylinders hadn't been seen for decades"

I am not up to date on my types of UAP's , I wonder what would a 'crescent' be and why the discs considered menacing.

they are mistaking the moon for a space person device

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Ben Nerevarine posted:

it is fun to think about the triangles as being essentially antigravity zeppelins

i cant help but make connections to brandon sanderson's fabrial technology in the cosmere

oh god the cosmere is disclosure isnt it

NinjaPaco posted:

That article is just incredible, someone page the goon that made the huge black triangle posts in this thread a while ago immediately

someone needs to cross-reference that article with the fark top secret discussion linked here (since that stuff isn't widely publicized on r/ufos, for example) and see how those dates and actions interlink, since they're both talking aerospace

Webbeh has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Nov 10, 2023

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The same story says that military has actively engaged UAPs and were summarily defeated. Presumably they engaged discs and crescents.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I am not up to date on my types of UAP's , I wonder what would a 'crescent' be

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ah drat it, crescent are allegedly protection for larger vehicles. Should have finished the article first, I'm a dummy

Thank you!! (Incidentally, the pill is the exact shape I saw a few months ago)

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The same story says that military has actively engaged UAPs and were summarily defeated. Presumably they engaged discs and crescents.

Great point!

TheWorldsaStage has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Nov 10, 2023

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Re: dreamchat

When I was a kid I was making recurring dreams of a very clean public lavatory. The place was huge, urinals and sinks and mirrors lining as far as the eye could see, illuminated with bright white lights. There was a nice smell of freshness in the air, with a slight touch of pine and bleach. It was so pristine, so clean, so unspoiled of any human presence and desecration. If heaven had toilets, it would be these.

I felt irresistibly attracted to them. They were inviting me to come and take a piss. It was almost impossible to resist.

Of course it was all a trap. I learned it the hard way.

a few nights ago I had a dream where I was visiting someone in a post-apocalyptic(modern meaning) environment, she was showing me her apartment and I asked where their bathroom was and she goes "we don't have one, we just piss in the corner" and points towards the corner, so I go over there and start pissing and think to myself "this is a bad idea", whereby i snap awake, jump up and go to the toilet and while I sit there I'm struck by what a close call that was.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

top hats, you say?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i used to have nightmares of needing to piss or poo poo but the bathroom is always flooded, or there are like, two or three unflushed dumps from andre the giant or like one of those really big dog poops in every stall

least favorite one was where the flushing drain was underneath my feet

i want the pristine bathroom dreams please, not the stress induced public toilet aversion dreams

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Kenneth Arnold's sighting was of crescents and supposedly the Roswell craft(s?) were also. "Boot heel shape" per Eric Davis.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like cigar better than pill, UFOs have gone woke

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Can cavorite help me lose weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ben Nerevarine posted: