Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

One time when I was a kid my parents went away for a weekend, but we had to call them back early because my dog ate something weird and got pretty sick.

This has given me vivid and horrible flashbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

One time when I was a kid my parents went away for a weekend, but we had to call them back early because my dog ate something weird and got pretty sick.

This has given me vivid and horrible flashbacks

When I was 12 or so, the cat ate a very long string that she eventually partially pooped out. We called my mom when we noticed (it was summer vacation) and she told us to gently pull it out. It was the most godawful smell. Cat was fine if a little mad, don't pull strings out like that.

https://i.imgur.com/1gsEFkG.mp4

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

When I was 12 or so, the cat ate a very long string that she eventually partially pooped out. We called my mom when we noticed (it was summer vacation) and she told us to gently pull it out. It was the most godawful smell. Cat was fine if a little mad, don't pull strings out like that.

Meow!

grumplestiltzkin posted:

please try doing it the right way and then let us know how you feel about the results

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Microwave ³ minutes in thirty percent power and then 3 minutes on high? What the gently caress? Just do 4 minutes on high, 30% of 3 is 1 at 100%

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BlancoNino posted:

I'm the cow that didn't raise its head and kept grazing

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

In the '80s/90s when we hung individual strands of tinsel on our Christmas tree, one of our cats ate it and would have a couple inches of it hanging out of his butthole for several days.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

In the '80s/90s when we hung individual strands of tinsel on our Christmas tree, one of our cats ate it and would have a couple inches of it hanging out of his butthole for several days.

Puts the rear end in tassel

Well, the other way round actually

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A classic: midwest emo scooter guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaaHOzkZD5M

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

You're not meant to pull the poostring because that might :nms: tighten it around sections of intestine, causing injury.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

It really does have that 2004 post-hardcore/emo track intro feel

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Is this not just another type of pizza stone?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

If he was anything like any cat I've ever known he was hanging out in the tree anyway so that sounds like a win/win.

SpacePig posted:

Is this not just another type of pizza stone?

Pizza Sand.

e:

spookykid posted:

Apparently this is a whole thing on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX90p3Q1I9g

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
what is sand if not tiny stones

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

This kills the cat

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Non Compos Mentis posted:

what is sand if not tiny stones

Glass

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

What is glass if not transparent stone?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hyperlynx posted:

You're not meant to pull the poostring because that might :nms: tighten it around sections of intestine, causing injury.

My wife pulled about 3 feet of yarn out of the cat's butt once before we moved in together. We had a good laugh about how gross it was and how terrible cats are. Then she told the whole story to a vet tech friend who got really quiet while her eyes got super wide and then we learned about this. Yarn is apparently worse than pretty much anything other than dental floss because it stretches, knots easily, and doesn't slide very well.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I posted that oven preheating meme in the meme thread with the humble desire to start a funny derail in there, but now thanks to that custom title the argument has bloomed in at least two other threads

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

You are a powerful poster. You must not abuse this power.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kenning posted:

You are a powerful poster. You must not abuse this power.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
When I asked about it, I expected to hear how it was a misunderstanding, not a vigorous defense of the cold stone method of pizzaturgy.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

It gets stuck in poop, such that you end up with a string of poop on a shiny/stretchy string (if they ate a rubber band)....

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Hyperlynx posted:

How does it do that from inside the intestine?

I cannot picture how this would happen

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

My wife pulled about 3 feet of yarn out of the cat's butt once before we moved in together. We had a good laugh about how gross it was and how terrible cats are. Then she told the whole story to a vet tech friend who got really quiet while her eyes got super wide and then we learned about this. Yarn is apparently worse than pretty much anything other than dental floss because it stretches, knots easily, and doesn't slide very well.

Id hate to sign up for the test group for the pull different poo poo through a cat to find out

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

GotLag posted:

How does it do that from inside the intestine?

I cannot picture how this would happen

Intestines are all bunched up and have bends/corners.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

There used to be all these dog toys everywhere that were just knotted ropes with loose strands at the ends. I used to get those toys for my dog(s). Glad they were never the type to eat those strands like spaghetti. Definitely won't be getting those or similar toys again just in case.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 09:10 on Nov 10, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Didn't Ben Franklin string a bunch of geese together or some awful thing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

credburn posted:

Goose centipede

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

credburn posted:

He attached a copper key to a bunch of geese hoping one would lead him to his house because he forgot where his house was, but the geese took off and got struck by lightning and that's how he invented electric

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

One time our cat swallowed a length of thread that was still attached to a spool. My wife was out of town at the time which sucked because he's very bonded to her and she might have been able to help him more easily despite his agitation. I only noticed when there was a weird clinking sound coming from one of the cat's usual cozy corners. The spool was hanging out of his mouth since he had swallowed enough of the thread. I knew he was either going to choke on the spool eventually, or the thread could bind up his guts. So I had to don thick work gloves, corner him, and grab the spool from where it was dangling an inch out of his mouth. When I got a hand on the spool, it came with about two feet of nasty, slimy thread.

He also punched my hand three times in the second it took me to grab the spool. He didn't use his claws but he managed to bruise the back of my hand through the work gloves. Dang cat hits like a truck apparently. The cat is usually pretty chill and I had never seen him get mad or scared enough to smack the poo poo out of anything. It was a reminder of how much cats are lil' killing machines.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

spookykid posted:

It sounds like it could be a verse from Institutionalized.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Railing Kill posted:

One time our cat swallowed a length of thread that was still attached to a spool. My wife was out of town at the time which sucked because he's very bonded to her and she might have been able to help him more easily despite his agitation. I only noticed when there was a weird clinking sound coming from one of the cat's usual cozy corners. The spool was hanging out of his mouth since he had swallowed enough of the thread. I knew he was either going to choke on the spool eventually, or the thread could bind up his guts. So I had to don thick work gloves, corner him, and grab the spool from where it was dangling an inch out of his mouth. When I got a hand on the spool, it came with about two feet of nasty, slimy thread.

He also punched my hand three times in the second it took me to grab the spool. He didn't use his claws but he managed to bruise the back of my hand through the work gloves. Dang cat hits like a truck apparently. The cat is usually pretty chill and I had never seen him get mad or scared enough to smack the poo poo out of anything. It was a reminder of how much cats are lil' killing machines.

Yeah, I think the only difference between a domestic cat and a tiger is size.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

If he was anything like any cat I've ever known he was hanging out in the tree anyway so that sounds like a win/win.

Pizza Sand.

e:

Apparently this is a whole thing on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX90p3Q1I9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOW3CPpeiM

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ahitposter/status/1721491507566596564

I feel bad but also lol at everything

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sell that ape off, I'm sure folks will be lining up to throw money at it :homebrew:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Investing in NFTs is so loving dumb I don't feel that bad about them losing money on that, but there should be a reasonable expectation that you can go to a concert and not get blinded

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

Investing in NFTs is so loving dumb I don't feel that bad about them losing money on that, but there should be a reasonable expectation that you can go to a concert and not get blinded

It's all part and parcel though. It's a show put on by people who think they're hustlers. Being attended by people who wish they could be/think they are hustlers. It's like going to a con artist convention and then buying merch.

I would go to a loving tuperware party hosted by a cryptobro because i'd probably end up poisoned by the cookies.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mom, dad, I need money to go to Apefest. I'll pay you back! 200% guaranteed interest.

Parents, crying: sure... whatever son, how long will you be gone?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CainFortea posted:

It's all part and parcel though. It's a show put on by people who think they're hustlers. Being attended by people who wish they could be/think they are hustlers. It's like going to a con artist convention and then buying merch.

I would go to a loving tuperware party hosted by a cryptobro because i'd probably end up poisoned by the cookies.

Money is inherently an impermanent thing, you only have it so you can spend it. Vision is a pretty different thing. I don't want to dismiss blind people (though I doubt many will read this) but I'd rather be poor and have my eyes than rich and blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mynameismud
Jul 12, 2009
Nobody is going blind at that apefest.

From BigClive:

The first thing I want to say is that if you were affected by this incident then you are NOT going to suffer permanent eye damage. The significant wavelength here (254nm) only affects the very surface of your eyes and skin. It's an unpleasant experience - but literally a daily job hazard for welders, so you're going to be absolutely OK. Your favourite painkiller will help with the discomfort.

And here is his video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlfLthx89E