Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The nice thing about doing "seasons" and not releasing a new game is that you'll always have people like Jade, Cody, and Punk in the game.

I feel like the Fight Forever gameplay is perfect, it's exactly what I always wanted in a wrestling game. I am still uninspired to play the game though, because it feels like there is nothing to do. And I feel the same way with WWE games.

Just give me a decent career mode that is not filled with eating meals and working out. That stuff was horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xnlsgjDavs&t=253s

Seems like they are releasing a "Beat The Elite" mode, where you just wrestle a bunch of matches in a row until you fight one of The Elite? I guess that's something to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sounds like the arcade mode I've been hoping for so that's a thing I'll actually be back for

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Sounds like the arcade mode I've been hoping for so that's a thing I'll actually be back for

This was the career mode for WCW Revenge and I love it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I was hoping for a Smackdown games-style Season Mode where it just sims through every week and there's storylines with randomly selected people and rankings you can climb up for each belt.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looks like they're adding a cage match too. If they can add game modes that way I'm optimistic they can add something resembling a Season Mode down the line.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I booted up the Switch version for the first time in a while. Interestingly enough, it mentions the Acclaimed DLC in the update.

Also, the Dynamite stage that's available mentions that it's "Dynamite (Classic)."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

I was hoping for a Smackdown games-style Season Mode where it just sims through every week and there's storylines with randomly selected people and rankings you can climb up for each belt.

this would prolly get me back into it

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Drakkel posted:

If only AEW still had rankings

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Pat Gill over at Polygon made a pretty great video about Wrestling Empire, seen him playing this on stream occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQgdUD63XIY

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I see WWE 2k23 is on Humble Choice; is this worth picking up? I enjoy wrestling games with shenanigans (all hail Wrestling Empire) and also customising characters (all hair Fire Pro) but I'm not sure how well modern WWE stacks up. Haven't played since like...2k11 or 12 maybe.

Like if there's a fun enough campaign for a custom character, and the game feel is decent, it might be worth it for cheap for me. It's the only game out of the current Humble Choice that I'm interested in though since I've played the others I'm interested in already, so I guess what I'm really asking is "Is WWE 2k23 worth about 12 US$"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
For that amount yeah. It's probably a bit slower than 11 or 12 but not nearly as bad as it would get later, it's got a decent flow now and you have more reactions than just trying to hit reverse.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Artelier posted:

I see WWE 2k23 is on Humble Choice; is this worth picking up? I enjoy wrestling games with shenanigans (all hail Wrestling Empire) and also customising characters (all hair Fire Pro) but I'm not sure how well modern WWE stacks up. Haven't played since like...2k11 or 12 maybe.

Like if there's a fun enough campaign for a custom character, and the game feel is decent, it might be worth it for cheap for me. It's the only game out of the current Humble Choice that I'm interested in though since I've played the others I'm interested in already, so I guess what I'm really asking is "Is WWE 2k23 worth about 12 US$"

For 12 bucks it's a steal. It's not my cup of tea but at that price you just might as well.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I got it on Steam during some sale where it was crazy cheap just for the MyGM stuff, but the actual wrestling is much much better than it has been in maybe a decade? Imo of course. I felt like I could play this one and win matches since it wasn't so sim like.

Fight Forever is the most fun for the wrasslin' though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Fight forever is heavily discounted in Smiths toy shop if any UK goons are interested

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fight Forever mechanics laid on top of 2K’s everything else would be the dream tier wrestling game

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I couldn't sleep last night so I put Fight Forever on at like 3:00 AM, rolled a random match, ended up with Hangman vs Punk in a barbed wire match that ended with Hangman throwing him into the boards and then powerbombing him on the broken board for the win. Game good (I wish there was more of it)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCEXwmK1JLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjefnI2y9fs

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I got the deluxe version of 2k23 on sale last weekend and will say I have been enjoying it. The matches feel more epic than Fight Forever and I like the various gameplay modes. I’ve had fun with the Cena storyline and Universe mode, and now I’m playing the GM thing and that appeals to my weirdo brain in a very deep and meaningful way. I can play that poo poo for like 12 hours straight before I remember to do thing like “eat” or “sleep”. Haven’t done any of the create a wrestler stuff though, sorry about that.

My biggest complaint is there’s too many losers I’ve never heard of in the game and not enough old school guys. Like, I get that Sting and Chris Jericho aren’t gonna be in it, but at least put in the dead guys that wwe will own until the end of time. I just wanna play as Rick Rude, dammit. Or Test.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’d have to sign deals with the families for their likenesses presumably and the juice might not be worth the squeeze in their eyes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

At this point I think M'Dickie can qualify as a game designer auteur

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Sandman McMahon posted:

I got the deluxe version of 2k23 on sale last weekend and will say I have been enjoying it. The matches feel more epic than Fight Forever and I like the various gameplay modes. I’ve had fun with the Cena storyline and Universe mode, and now I’m playing the GM thing and that appeals to my weirdo brain in a very deep and meaningful way. I can play that poo poo for like 12 hours straight before I remember to do thing like “eat” or “sleep”. Haven’t done any of the create a wrestler stuff though, sorry about that.

My biggest complaint is there’s too many losers I’ve never heard of in the game and not enough old school guys. Like, I get that Sting and Chris Jericho aren’t gonna be in it, but at least put in the dead guys that wwe will own until the end of time. I just wanna play as Rick Rude, dammit. Or Test.

Yeah, I got it on a deep sale a couple months ago and feel the same way. Plus the CAW system is so great that you can easily download people that aren't in the game at all. It gets poo poo on a lot here, but I find the game to be a ton of fun.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

IGgy IGsen posted:

For 12 bucks it's a steal. It's not my cup of tea but at that price you just might as well.

I wasn't going to jump on this, but then I saw that Humble Choice also had Hardspace: Shipbreaker and Prodeus among the games on offer, so that sealed the deal for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the wwe 2k23 story mode has you playing as either the most unlikeable babyface in the history of wrestling or the most psychotic nepobaby in the history of wrestling

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the wwe 2k23 story mode has you playing as either the most unlikeable babyface in the history of wrestling or the most psychotic nepobaby in the history of wrestling

I wanna know what the gently caress they were thinking with THE LOCK. He's not as bad as the 2K20 protags but he loving sucks.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The whole LOCK storyline is your character just continually making the stupidest possible decision every single opportunity made even stupider by the fact the whole moral of the story is "Wrestlers should just shut the gently caress up and do whatever godawful gimmick WWE comes up with for them because WWE is never wrong!!!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Do they bring back the fake "Switchblade" Jay White from 2k22's story mode

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I don't watch WWE, and I couldn't tell if some of the wrestlers were created for the game or real people.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve only seen bits of the recent story modes when I’ve been at my brother’s place and he’s played it, but the only thing that really stuck out to me was in I think 22 where his CAW guy wasn’t allowed to beat Roman clean for the title there had to be a bunch of gently caress finish and triple threat bullshit with another wrestler slotted in lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sounds very realistic tbh

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looks like we're getting some Fight Forever S2 info on the aew games stream today

https://twitch.tv/aewgames

Edit: It might just be footage of the acclaimed :[

Edit 2: lol okay yeah it was 3 seconds of the Acclaimed entrance on repeat

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 15, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Looks like we're getting some Fight Forever S2 info on the aew games stream today

https://twitch.tv/aewgames

Edit: It might just be footage of the acclaimed :[

Edit 2: lol okay yeah it was 3 seconds of the Acclaimed entrance on repeat

Did they have a glitching turkey in front of it too :v:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1724838437713268865?s=20

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Oh drat, next Wednesday. I thought there would be a longer delay.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
2K pushed out a patch yesterday for WWE 2K23 that apparently blocks modding.

This was my fault for buying the game on Tuesday to mod through the Humble deal (thanks for the heads-up on that, though).

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TealShark posted:

2K pushed out a patch yesterday for WWE 2K23 that apparently blocks modding.

This was my fault for buying the game on Tuesday to mod through the Humble deal (thanks for the heads-up on that, though).

the annual micro transaction hell game where they just randomly break poo poo and then turn the servers off after 18 months is so great though!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

And I'm sure they've still never fixed the rankings in Universe mode just straight up not working, which has been the case for like the past 2 games and the current one and I'm betting will just continue to be broken because it doesn't effect that gacha mode in any way.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

Do they bring back the fake "Switchblade" Jay White from 2k22's story mode

yeah you fight him in the fake G1 and fight fake BUSHI in the finals of said fake G1

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

yeah you fight him in the fake G1 and fight fake BUSHI in the finals of said fake G1

lmao and also lmao @ BUSHI in the G1 finals

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

The whole LOCK storyline is your character just continually making the stupidest possible decision every single opportunity made even stupider by the fact the whole moral of the story is "Wrestlers should just shut the gently caress up and do whatever godawful gimmick WWE comes up with for them because WWE is never wrong!!!"

i almost forgot about HBK making your in-game rival just hand the belt over to Randy Orton the raw before Summerslam because they had no confidence in his ability to beat you and he just does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Fire Pro Wrestling World is on sale from $50 to $7.50 on PSN.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4774-CUSA08007_00-FIREPROWRESTLING

AEW Fight Forever Elite Edition from $80 to $56 with PS+
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4389-PPSA09351_00-AEWELITEEDITION0

Various versions of WWE2K23 for sale

WWE 2K23 from $60 to $20
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-CUSA34179_00-000000000WWE2K23

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 17, 2023