Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The only reason you would want 2 characters of the same class is either:
A: you find you absolutely despise your characters voice and personality after you started playing and want one of the others.

That's my main wonder because whenever I roll a Veteran it will be very hard to pick anything besides a Cadian background and I'd want to hear the other options.

Also you have five operative slots but only four classes. If Ogryns are in they should add Ratlings too so you can play a tiny sniper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

It about time Veteran had it own keystone abilities.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
The track used in the trailer is Warp Traveler from the OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWD4K1WFICs

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

That's my main wonder because whenever I roll a Veteran it will be very hard to pick anything besides a Cadian background and I'd want to hear the other options.

Also you have five operative slots but only four classes. If Ogryns are in they should add Ratlings too so you can play a tiny sniper.

As entertaining as that would be, Ad-mech of some kind like Skitarrii or a combat servitor seems more likely. Ratling sniper has way too much role overlap with the Veteran.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

:rock:

"Time to send in the clowns" <-- me to my squad every time i deploy at THE CARNIVAL

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

If I could I would change my cadian veteran to loose cannon because I am sick and tired of hearing about CADIA.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

.Z. posted:

As entertaining as that would be, Ad-mech of some kind like Skitarrii or a combat servitor seems more likely. Ratling sniper has way too much role overlap with the Veteran.

Your sightlines would be absolute trash also.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

tangy yet delightful posted:

You could shoot between the ogryn's legs :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

.Z. posted:

I think the Ratling speculation comes from there being some lines referencing them. I think it'd be pretty hilarious, plus the new talent trees would give them more ways to differentiate them. They could have a sniper tree, an infiltrator/closerange tree and a support tree where you cook food for your squad :v:

Estel
May 4, 2010

Squatch Ambassador posted:

The track used in the trailer is Warp Traveler from the OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWD4K1WFICs

Jerkface posted:

:rock:

"Time to send in the clowns" <-- me to my squad every time i deploy at THE CARNIVAL

Darktide's OST is amazing.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ratling F key skill lets you hop on another player's shoulders for 10 seconds.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Reiley posted:

Ratling F key skill lets you hop on another player's shoulders for 10 seconds.

WHO RUN BARTER TOWN?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
If the answer isn't the emperor you're gonna make a bunch of people mad fyi

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If I could I would change my cadian veteran to loose cannon because I am sick and tired of hearing about CADIA.
I wish I could go from professional to loose cannon but all the added voicelines have done a lot to give professional some sort of actual personality so I'm less annoyed about not being able to switch voices now at least.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
CAR-NI-VALE!

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

It’s kinda annoying that the character appearance changer changes everything but the gender/personality and height, which are the ones that actually matter

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

A mod can change height at least

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

tangy yet delightful posted:

I like playing as the Dorf in VT2 so this wouldn't be much trouble.

On the topic of height I find Ogryn players hilarious. Smol Ogryns are only 6 feet tall but 8 feet wide. Big Ogryns scrape the roof of the Valkyrie dropship during loading screens.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

ZeusCannon posted:

So if i admit that the two 25% toughness regens were missed by me (and i have corrected this) can we all just forgive me?

You are forgiven! But just to make sure, the discussion is mostly around both talents and blessings that regen toughness based off of what you are doing (heavy swings, chained swings, killing dudes) and less the generic "you gain 25% toughness regen when in coherency" type stuff. Unless I am wildly misinformed, the former is a lot better than the later.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Had my first xbox player on my team today in a maelstrom.

You guys weren't kidding, huh?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

EDIT ^ ^ ^ ^ Yeah, they are hella bad. ^ ^ ^

ZeusCannon posted:

So if i admit that the two 25% toughness regens were missed by me (and i have corrected this) can we all just forgive me?

Now we really gotta see what your build is, just in case you missed anything else :colbert:

The those two talents you've now added should add a ton to the build. Let us know how it goes!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I met my first competent xbox gamer just today. Vet with a shotgun and knife, infiltrate and... he only went down a handful of times! Stuck together with the team! Did call outs!

Honestly not the worst, I imagine certain builds handle controller a lot better.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope there's an actual carnival in the new map and we waste time trying to get the high score in whack-a-mole like its 2009 again

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ChickenHeart posted:

I hope there's an actual carnival in the new map and we waste time trying to get the high score in whack-a-mole like its 2009 again

Instead of carrying Gnome Chompski to the end of the Darktide Carnival it's a disagreeable Squat.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Internet Explorer posted:

You are forgiven! But just to make sure, the discussion is mostly around both talents and blessings that regen toughness based off of what you are doing (heavy swings, chained swings, killing dudes) and less the generic "you gain 25% toughness regen when in coherency" type stuff. Unless I am wildly misinformed, the former is a lot better than the later.

Yeah the ones for heavy attacks on single and multiple enemies. I instantly noticed an increase in survivability since really all i do is heavy attacks with the shield or a l1 h2 now that someone mentioned that pattern.

Legit Businessman posted:

Now we really gotta see what your build is, just in case you missed anything else :colbert:

The those two talents you've now added should add a ton to the build. Let us know how it goes!

Its a "feel no pain build" and I am actually trying to figure out how to export a shot of the full path since that appears impossible in the base game ... For some reason?. It kinda zigzags and i guarantee it isn't meta perfect since its not especially focused.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

You either have to screenshot and stitch or possibly the mod that compresses the tree might fit it onto one stream. Or you could put your entire build into https://darktide.gameslantern.com/builds and then link it here.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm having severe connectivity problems with DT. It's been chancy for a couple of weeks and some days like today it lags, rubberbands, and then goes grey and disconnects (repeatedly). All other Internet games and functions seem to be perfectly smooth so it seems like a Fatshark problem. Has anyone got a fix to try?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The real answer to an Ogryn blocking your shots is to put away your gun and join your Pal.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kibayasu posted:

The real answer to an Ogryn blocking your shots is to put away your gun and join your Pal.

:hmmyes:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
jeez, fotshork really getting going with their dev, they pump out a big skill tree revamp and in like a month they're already cooking another revamp to vet's capstone skills

not that i thought vet even needed a revamp for them, but drat

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

toasterwarrior posted:

jeez, fotshork really getting going with their dev, they pump out a big skill tree revamp and in like a month they're already cooking another revamp to vet's capstone skills

They need to fix the broken talent and adjust a few really bad ones but otherwise I’m pretty happy with vet now.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

toasterwarrior posted:

Vet being the odd one out for not getting Keystones was kinda weird, they probably intended some but hadn't workshopped satisfying options before the overhaul patch. I'm pretty okay with something more interesting than "get a bonus when you hit your ability button" being at the bottom personally.

SuperKlaus posted:

I'm having severe connectivity problems with DT. It's been chancy for a couple of weeks and some days like today it lags, rubberbands, and then goes grey and disconnects (repeatedly). All other Internet games and functions seem to be perfectly smooth so it seems like a Fatshark problem. Has anyone got a fix to try?

While anecdotally I've noticed a bit more rubber banding, it's usually when playing with EU goons and joining on them, or vice versa. There's def some issues though I haven't had anything quite as intense as what you've described, especially when pubbing.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I had a few seconds of lag in DT just now, US west coast (no idea where their servers can be but that's where I am). Maybe they just need to do a reboot or something poo poo.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

SuperKlaus posted:

While these last few weeks have been stable for me I had something like this just when the class overhaul went live. What was weird is that sometimes in the Mourning Star / mid-mission everything would be smooth as butter, but then other times I had the crazy rubberbands. No disconnects though, but when the rubberbanding started it would be so unplayable that I was better off disconnecting anyways.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Something was still up with Ray Tracing for me so I had to completely disable it. Seemed to get worse the longer I had the client open, but I didn't take the time to check for memory leak. 3840x1600 with a 3090.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
When I logged in earlier there was an in-game warning that Fatshark servers were slow. I'm just tired of hoping this goes away on its own - perhaps I'll try disabling ray tracing.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Your issues definitely don't sound like an RT problem. Might be worth continuously pinging your router and something in the Internet to see if there's anything you can glean from that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Game is looking a lot better than launch, I think I'm gonna pick it up now

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

eonwe posted:

Game is looking a lot better than launch, I think I'm gonna pick it up now

You won’t regret it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The chain-axe is tons of fun to use. Wish it were a bit better at killing stuff.

Totally understand people who can’t use it due to the camera jerking around, though.