Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/09/christie-heading-to-israel-00126515

The IDF's crucial pizza delivery system is facing imminent collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Please do not screw up our Roman Republic speedrun by insisting that our politicians be "good" or "effective"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden is doomed and those pinning their hopes on Michigan saving him are naive.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

one of the responses to "well what would trump be doing that is worse?" is "he wanted to do the muslim ban"

and like how can you handwave away genocide and then be like oh man the muslim ban was beyond the pale. it really is just 100% orange man bad I don't like him and nothing else. how biden being president affects the hundreds, thousands of muslims being murdered every day doesn't even enter into the equation, it's just how they personally feel about trump.

loving democrats

The idea is that the genocide is baked in since both teams will do it, so you just have to accept that and vote for harm reduction: the people who will "only" spy on and entrap Muslims instead of ban them.

The logical conclusion of all this is for the Democrat to say yes I will be exactly like Trump and I will do everything Trump will do because I need his voters and that's called being an adult in politics, but if elected I will also adopt this one puppy from a kill shelter and name him Pickles. Look how cute he is, vote for me to save Pickles.

Then all their flacks will fan out on social media to yell at anyone who has a problem with voting for a Democrat clone of Trump. A vote for a third party is a vote for Trump which is a vote to kill Pickles! Why do you hate Pickles the puppy? You're no different than the MAGAts who don't care if Pickles lives or dies! Yes I will vote for the guy who will genocide Palestine and kill trans people to save Pickles, I will vote for harm reduction every time because I am not a psychopath!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Joe Biden is doomed and those pinning their hopes on Michigan saving him are naive.

a new batch of swing-state polling is out today:

someone explain to me why biden is doing so poorly in NV: I'd think his ostensible union support would pay off there.

is it the swing away from hispanics supporting biden, as indicated in a lot of polling, or something else?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's also possible not all union members are satisfied with "ostensible" support.

He literally signed a law to make it illegal for rail workers to strike, and it's not like he was forced to sign it by an override threat, he whipped for it to pass.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

NV hasn't voted for a GOP president since 2004; they even gave hilldawg the win in 2016.

VitalSigns posted:

It's also possible not all union members are satisfied with "ostensible" support.

He literally signed a law to make it illegal for rail workers to strike, and it's not like he was forced to sign it by an override threat, he whipped for it to pass.

Yeah, but "his support of unions" is something they're heavily promoting in campaign ads & appearances and most democrat voters have the memory of goldfish and/or buy what the WH talking points are selling.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Raccooon posted:

I don't even think it is a given that Trump would be worse than Biden on Gaza. We are already seeing the worst case scenario.

Also, Liberals might remember genocide is in fact bad if Trump was in office instead of running coverage for Biden. So opposition would probably be even greater.

Trump would suggest doing the bombing ourselves but idk if the military would go for it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

buy what the WH talking points are selling.

The Biden admin has been such a disaster that they have lost even those who this would normally be true of

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I looked to see if ralston had any reckons on the NV polling & the two I found were (1) Emerson's polling sucks, so ignore it; and (2) dems lose when voter rolls are cleaned up bc people move (?).

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

The idea is that the genocide is baked in since both teams will do it, so you just have to accept that and vote for harm reduction: the people who will "only" spy on and entrap Muslims instead of ban them.

The logical conclusion of all this is for the Democrat to say yes I will be exactly like Trump and I will do everything Trump will do because I need his voters and that's called being an adult in politics, but if elected I will also adopt this one puppy from a kill shelter and name him Pickles. Look how cute he is, vote for me to save Pickles.

Then all their flacks will fan out on social media to yell at anyone who has a problem with voting for a Democrat clone of Trump. A vote for a third party is a vote for Trump which is a vote to kill Pickles! Why do you hate Pickles the puppy? You're no different than the MAGAts who don't care if Pickles lives or dies! Yes I will vote for the guy who will genocide Palestine and kill trans people to save Pickles, I will vote for harm reduction every time because I am not a psychopath!

At this point I'm not even sure the harm reduction case holds up because Biden winning would be a green light for all politicians to treat genocide as a non-issue. Trump winning will suck but at least Democrats will understand that their actions have consequences which will give future protest efforts more teeth.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's what I think as well. Total disregard for boundless genocide must be punished.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

remember the concentration camps at the border

magically disappeared after liberals got in

yeah

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah

there is a magic wand :dementia:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Nichael posted:

there is a magic wand :dementia:

it was all russian disinformation

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/SwordMercury/status/1722960566631723025

GenericRepublican.exe seems to have been updated

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nevada went for Bernie 2-to-1 again biden in the primary. it's gone blue lately but not by great margins.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/SwordMercury/status/1722960566631723025

GenericRepublican.exe seems to have been updated

:munch:

I hope they gently caress Israel out of blood money

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah

2020: If you don't vote blue you don't care about immigrants or LGBTQ people

2024: If you don't vote blue you don't care about LGBTQ people.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Nevada went for Bernie 2-to-1 again biden in the primary. it's gone blue lately but not by great margins.

Yah, bernie won both 2016 & 2020 there. (It's downright scary how his 2020 wins were marginalized, especially california, which delayed announcing bc of mail-ins; coincidentally, newsom was one of the earlier onboard for biden.)

2016 & 2020 did have close results--around 2.5 percent in each--but it was supposed to become one of the firewall states bc of the high hispanic vote, which we now know doesn't particularly follow trad thinking about poc voting.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

readingatwork posted:

Trump winning will suck but at least Democrats will understand that their actions have consequences which will give future protest efforts more teeth.

I guarantee you that they will refuse to understand this.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

readingatwork posted:

At this point I'm not even sure the harm reduction case holds up because Biden winning would be a green light for all politicians to treat genocide as a non-issue. Trump winning will suck but at least Democrats will understand that their actions have consequences which will give future protest efforts more teeth.

Yeah who knows. Or maybe they will say they need to be even more warlike to win.

Fortunately I don't have to do any of that moral calculus because I live in a red state and if it's 1 vote away from swinging blue then Biden has like 400 EV already.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

docbeard posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

docbeard posted:

Moreover, the lesson they'll learn is that they have to crack down harder on protests and control the narrative more tightly

All the more reason to do it imo. gently caress the democrats

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

Yah, bernie won both 2016 & 2020 there. (It's downright scary how his 2020 wins were marginalized, especially california, which delayed announcing bc of mail-ins; coincidentally, newsom was one of the earlier onboard for biden.)

2016 & 2020 did have close results--around 2.5 percent in each--but it was supposed to become one of the firewall states bc of the high hispanic vote, which we now know doesn't particularly follow trad thinking about poc voting.

yeah one of the big simplistic mistakes that democratic consultants make is to assume all Hispanic populations are alike, when they very massively, especially from state to state.

another confounding factor for NV is that it used to be a pretty heavy machine state (Harry Reid), then the DSA took over the party, the party elites stole the funds and made a new party, then the DSA got kicked out and the elites took over again. a process that certainly pushed out anyone interested in the grassroots or ground game in favor of media and fundraising people.

NV going blue relies on the union turnout operations in Vegas and i would expect that SEIU union leadership to align heavily with Biden so we'll likely still see that operation in effect for 2024.

this further aligns with the overall trend of Dems becoming the party that wins low turn out elections while Republicans becoming the party that wins high turn out elections. low overall turnout in NV + union GOTV means a blue NV. High turnout NV might risk a republican win even with union GOTV.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

is pepsi ok posted:

2020: If you don't vote blue you don't care about immigrants or LGBTQ people

2024: If you don't vote blue you don't care about LGBTQ people.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

And they've already been experimenting with throwing trans folks under the bus to explain away losses.

2028: If you don't vote blue, you don't care about LGB people.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kreeblah posted:

And they've already been experimenting with throwing trans folks under the bus to explain away losses.

2028: If you don't vote blue, you don't care about LGB people.

hillary clinton went full terf on "women need to feel safe in the bathrooms" but everyone pretends it didnt happen lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

They're definitely blaming the antisemitic Bernie bro left whatever happens in 2024

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Nonsense posted:

They're definitely blaming the antisemitic Bernie bro left whatever happens in 2024

everyone owes dems their votes, except for the saintly centrist, for whom we should be willing to sacrifice any and all minority rights.

do dems owe anything to their voters in return? okay first of all, how loving dare you.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

joe Biden: "if you don't vote for me, then you ain't black"

me, as someone who is not black, deciding I must not vote for Joe Biden lest I make him out to be a liar and I would never want that for a man who is so noble and notoriously trustworthy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The railroad strike issue has been debunked in this thread on like 10 separate occasions. I hate Biden as much as anyone but come on, we don't need to make poo poo up to justify it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The railroad strike issue has been debunked in this thread on like 10 separate occasions. I hate Biden as much as anyone but come on, we don't need to make poo poo up to justify it.

1) if this extremely true thing was true, I’d feel bad
2) therefore

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

:munch:

I hope they gently caress Israel out of blood money

The Dems are going to regretfully build the wall with some strings attached so Israel can get any funding it needs

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Moreover, the lesson they'll learn is that they have to crack down harder on protests and control the narrative more tightly

All the more reason to do it imo. gently caress the democrats

Democratic politicians seem to be anathema to understanding or welding politics, they won't understand because their pseudo-religious adherence to neoliberalism isn't compatible with it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nobody in the voting body knows or cares about Biden + every single dem in the Senate except like 2 voting to break the railroad strike bc it got 0 coverage outside of labor+independent press. The mass media line was Biden averts crisis. Masterful negotiator wins the day for the working man.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I can't believe Biden personally executed every member of the railworkers union

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Trabisnikof posted:

hillary clinton went full terf on "women need to feel safe in the bathrooms" but everyone pretends it didnt happen lol

wasn't even twenty years ago the official Dem position was opposing equal marriage rights

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

I can't believe Biden personally executed every member of the railworkers union

I never knew he had so many children.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

nobody in the voting body knows or cares about Biden + every single dem in the Senate except like 2 voting to break the railroad strike bc it got 0 coverage outside of labor+independent press. The mass media line was Biden averts crisis. Masterful negotiator wins the day for the working man.

well the rail-road workers know and im assuming none of them will support good ole genocide joe

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The idea that Joe Biden is "bad" or "an old piece of poo poo" has been debunked :mad:

No, Joe is not "a senile dogshit genocider", the fact checkers said that isn't true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

SixteenShells posted:

wasn't even twenty years ago the official Dem position was opposing equal marriage rights

iirc hillary opposed it until like 2012 lol