Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

It's always projection, every loving accusation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shageletic posted:

Quick question about posting Israelis social takes and it being solely about angering posts. Israeli politicians posting pro genocide and discriminatory posts about Arabs is cool right? But not ordinary Israelis?

That video someone posted ordinary Israelis wanting to genocide all Arabs was good to post right? Like what constitutes posts solely to piss off people in a thread full of pissed off people?

I agree non Israeli right wing or breadtube takes aren't I/P thread worthy. But I've been just digging into the insanely discriminatory lives Israeli Arabs and other Arabs have in Israel, and how Israelis view or want to treat them is a huge part of that.

I pretty much agree with what JCS posted. The Abby Martin video is very good and not something on the level of random Twitter accounts. I'm also personally a lot more forgiving if you post a tweet with like 50K likes or something compared to like 20. There's at least engagement, even if it's all bots or cia.

As I said a couple days ago, I don't see any difference in a low engagement tweet and a YouTube comment. And why are you going to use that as proof of how racist Israelis are when you can just post the quote a minister gave of how Arabs lives are worth less than Israelis.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
This is such an easy political win for Arab leaders. Declare war on Israel and undying support for Palestine. America is a paper tiger, we are tapped out of most munitions. Yemen called us out when we threatened them and we didn’t do poo poo! DTI! DTA!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://www.versobooks.com/blogs/news/solidarity-with-palestine-free-resources-and-further-reading

Idk if anyone posted this itt, but Verso has a handful of free books about Palestine out right now. The Palestine Laboratory is on there and the author was interviewed by RWN.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

FlapYoJacks posted:

This is such an easy political win for Arab leaders. Declare war on Israel and undying support for Palestine. America is a paper tiger, we are tapped out of most munitions. Yemen called us out when we threatened them and we didn’t do poo poo! DTI! DTA!

they dont even have to do anything mitariliy they just have to cut relations with israel and force open the border to bring aid in.

in fact i would prefer they do nothing because they are dogshit at anythinf that isnt killing civilian protestors.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

I am so loving done with anyone who doesn’t think Palestinians are somehow unjustified in any action they take.

look how they are used.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

they dont even have to do anything mitariliy they just have to cut relations with israel and force open the border to bring aid in.

in fact i would prefer they do nothing because they are dogshit at anythinf that isnt killing civilian protestors.

Isn’t that literally a single speech/tweet and a phone call? FFS.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Sorry if this is off topic, but where can we read up on what's been going on in Sudan in recent years?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Calibanibal posted:

Buckaroo Banzai will return in

Buckaroo Banzai Against the Israeli Defense Force

the freakin red lectroids are back, if they ever really left

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
IOF snipers target children in the intensive care unit at al-Quds hospital
https://twitter.com/BenEhrenreich/status/1723052371557716141?s=20

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Red Baron posted:

I am so loving done with anyone who doesn’t think Palestinians are somehow unjustified in any action they take.

look how they are used.

They've been doing that forever (for example, see the incident where a Palestinian kid was strapped to the windshield of an IOF jeep or whatever a number of years ago). It's SOP at this point.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Never, in any of these genocide supporting assholes' calculation, is a reckoning with why Gazans supposedly hate Jews so much. If I were being held captive in a concentration camp by, say, Germans, I'd probably despise Germans too. This is not too hard to figure out, but all of Western media is completely divorced from any sort of historical or political context.

Well they materialized out of the ether with a scimitar in one hand and a suicide vest trigger in the other with only burning hatred of jews animating their shriveled hearts and you're an antisemite for even suggesting otherwise, history doesn't exist and context is a fake word

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

if you told me this 3 months ago i would probably think wtf this is insane blood libel

but now i know it’s completely true, and they’ll do it again and again until they are stopped like the rabid dogs they are

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

FlapYoJacks posted:

Isn’t that literally a single speech/tweet and a phone call? FFS.

if the Arab states did that, the us would cut them off and they might topple

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Horseshoe theory posted:

They've been doing that forever (for example, see the incident where a Palestinian kid was strapped to the windshield of an IOF jeep or whatever a number of years ago). It's SOP at this point.

That wasn't a human shield situation, the War Boys were using him as a blood bag

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Jel Shaker posted:

if you told me this 3 months ago i would probably think wtf this is insane blood libel

but now i know it’s completely true, and they’ll do it again and again until they are stopped like the rabid dogs they are

You don't remember this eh?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Never, in any of these genocide supporting assholes' calculation, is a reckoning with why Gazans supposedly hate Jews so much. If I were being held captive in a concentration camp by, say, Germans, I'd probably despise Germans too. This is not too hard to figure out, but all of Western media is completely divorced from any sort of historical or political context.

Norman Finklestein has an anecdote about how he brought a part-German college friend home to his parents house. His mother, who he describes as being a very warm, kind and extremely educated and intelligent person, took the friend aside at the end of the evening and said "It's alright that you are here".
This was some 40 years after her suffering in the Holocaust, and it was still a huge thing for her to be able to tolerate having a person even a little bit German in her home.

He uses this anecdote to point out why expecting Palestinians, and Gazans in particular, to view Israelis with anything approaching tolerance, is expecting the super-human of them.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

That's enough for me. I appreciate al saqr posting Hamas wins because otherwise I wouldn't know about them and after a lifetime of watching kids get blown up by Israel the turnaround is a balm for the soul.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

You don't remember this eh?

dti

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the usual canard is 'palestinians are teaching their kids to hate israel' and like :ironicat:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Nah, they should grow a loving spine and say no to genocide.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Strep Vote posted:

That's enough for me. I appreciate al saqr posting Hamas wins because otherwise I wouldn't know about them and after a lifetime of watching kids get blown up by Israel the turnaround is a balm for the soul.

this is why the media are so focused on territory and colourful squares on maps, if they had to face the reality that thousands of IDF teenagers are getting minced in this generations vietnam people might get ideas about their own leaders

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Surprise! The things you were brought up to admire have always been absurd

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

"Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice!"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Jel Shaker posted:

:dafuq:

theyve shot kids before though...

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

actually, israeli snipers shooting all those children is just an accident. the idf doesnt target children.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the usual canard is 'palestinians are teaching their kids to hate israel' and like :ironicat:

critical semite theory

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Final shot of Dr. Strangelove but it's over Tel Aviv and good, actually

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Not sure if I'm too late but I support posting about the war on the war thread, including details of combat operations. Even if those combat operations include people getting killed. It's a war, isn't that what we're all talking about?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

BearsBearsBears posted:

Not sure if I'm too late but I support posting about the war on the war thread, including details of combat operations. Even if those combat operations include people getting killed. It's a war, isn't that what we're all talking about?

:rip:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

okay i cant even get anyone from the IDF on the phone above the rank of colonel. They are giving me no face, and I don't where they got the audacity

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Jel Shaker posted:

Really? You would?

You don't remember the two year old kid they shot along with his dad this year?

You don't the time in 2021 when the IDF conducted a raid in the west bank in the middle of the night and the soldiers lined up a bunch of terrified kids and made them stand for the camera and say "cheese"?

You don't remember the time the IDF and the Shin Bet raided a house in the west bank and ordered a female soldier to search for a SIM card inside of a Palestinian woman's genitals and rectum? The case was close and everybody walked by the way.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

yeah, but there'd be way less internal pressure for them to topple. what a conundrum, how sad that these despotic quisling princes should be in such a position

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Destroy the Israeli capacity to make war

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Al-Saqr's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nonsense posted: