Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Cates’ last appearance of the Maker had him back on 1610 proper, didn’t it? I feel like he was actually going to restore the original Ultimate Universe.

Too bad cates had that horrible accident and Hickman decided to go in his own direction :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

Not been keeping up on things with the Ultimate story, is the Maker dead (I know, I know, it's comics etc) and completely out of the picture now then?

He's both caught in Timecube for however long until it opens, and also technically not since I don't remember them retconning the whole "every universe has a Maker, and they're all connected" thing from Secret Wars.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

We Got Us A Bread posted:

He's both caught in Timecube for however long until it opens, and also technically not since I don't remember them retconning the whole "every universe has a Maker, and they're all connected" thing from Secret Wars.

I mean technically the Earth-1610 Ultimates were last seen in Ultimates Squared hunting down the various Makers, so maybe they've just very good at pruning his variants/slices.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I think Hickman is ignoring that. Doesn’t really make sense anyway since there already is a Reed in every universe

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So why is Spider-Boy getting a series? I haven’t seen anyone be actually interested in the character

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

90sgamer posted:

I think Hickman is ignoring that. Doesn’t really make sense anyway since there already is a Reed in every universe

I mean, there was, but in Hickman's own F4 most of them loving died.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

thetoughestbean posted:

So why is Spider-Boy getting a series? I haven’t seen anyone be actually interested in the character

Its cool to have an actual all ages feeling Spider-Title. I agree that it seems like a dumb idea but the first issue was surprisingly solid.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

thetoughestbean posted:

I mean, Dan Slott is. So that's one.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I've been enjoying Avengers for the most part, but the latest issue highlights a problem I've been having.

In a twenty page book there is five splash pages, one double page splash, and only one page with more than four panels. I don't even mind that three quarters of the issue was an illusion because we got to see Vision with a white coat of paint, and Thor in his 90's leather.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

thetoughestbean posted:

Anecdotally, I did see a few people talking about how they were buying Dan Slott's adjectiveless Spider-Man as an act of protest against the current ASM run. It might've created a sales mirage that's led Marvel to think that Spider-Boy is the next big thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Jiro posted:

Getting some FLCL in my X-Men, neat

Marvel Comics Megathread: Getting some FLCL in my X-Men

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wanderer posted:

Anecdotally, I did see a few people talking about how they were buying Dan Slott's adjectiveless Spider-Man as an act of protest against the current ASM run. It might've created a sales mirage that's led Marvel to think that Spider-Boy is the next big thing.

The first adjectiveless Spider-Man was created so Todd McFarlane could both write and draw Spider-Man and not be tied to current ongoing plots. They should bring back that concept, I want like Jock doing a 5 issue series, then Bryan Lee O'Malley, then Peach Momoko.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Air Skwirl posted:

The first adjectiveless Spider-Man was created so Todd McFarlane could both write and draw Spider-Man and not be tied to current ongoing plots. They should bring back that concept, I want like Jock doing a 5 issue series, then Bryan Lee O'Malley, then Peach Momoko.

Although funnily enough the title started tying other plots to it, like Wolverine deciding to go from his orange and red costume to the yellow and blue.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Marvel Unleashed #4 made me cry. What a good little series.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I haven't gotten to it yet, but I got pretty teary in #3 when they note that D-Dog wasn't affected by the fear magic because she's a stray and that's already the worst thing she could experience.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Yeah I think we all knew what was coming but it was really well done. I did/didn't need that today. :smith:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
😭😭😭

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Read the first issue of the New Punisher and decent enough beginning, new guy feels like a good remix of Frank's core concepts into something that will better integrate into the modern Marvel Universe

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Read the first issue of the New Punisher and decent enough beginning, new guy feels like a good remix of Frank's core concepts into something that will better integrate into the modern Marvel Universe

Yeah I wouldn't mind this guy being the new Punisher while Frank is retired or changed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Mister Hyde and Bushmaster seem like the most basic new series villains.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

Mister Hyde and Bushmaster seem like the most basic new series villains.

lmao, if you add Razorfist you'll have the Marvel unlikeable jobber trifecta

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
https://x.com/spiderman/status/1723068788805865928?s=46&t=-VZSxDkiWhxQSeyPFaKJQw

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Too Raimi-esque for my taste.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Not Raimi enough for me

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
If I could go back in time and change only one thing, I’d have Raimi use the animated mask for Goblin.

We would be in a utopia today.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Too Iron Man for me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

If it's Harry it makes some sense, NYC getting nuked has been blamed on Stark/Iron Lad.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
Raimi design for life. That should have been the ultimate goblin suit from DAY ONE and not the version we got because bendis mixed him up with the Incredible Hulk

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That kind of worked though because everybody was created from some derivative of the super soldier serum.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Joe Fisto posted:

If I could go back in time and change only one thing, I’d have Raimi use the animated mask for Goblin.

We would be in a utopia today.

They should've made Willem Dafoe wear the green goblin truck mask from Maximum Overdrive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

The guy is called "The Green Goblin" and they gave him an insanely generic and boring vaguely armored green jumpsuit. There's nothing "Goblin" about it.

If all the green parts were purple then it would just be a boring Prowler redesign

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

JordanKai posted:

They should've made Willem Dafoe wear the green goblin truck mask from Maximum Overdrive.

That truck needs a working animated mouth for laughing

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gripweed posted:

The guy is called "The Green Goblin" and they gave him an insanely generic and boring vaguely armored green jumpsuit. There's nothing "Goblin" about it.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

Gripweed posted:

If all the green parts were purple then it would just be a boring Prowler redesign

Word is it will become more goblin like as the series goes on.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Gripweed posted:

But but but it's how the concept would have been done NOW

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Read Avengers #4 today. It's too compressed in page count, story is suffering as a result. Trying to shoe horn in stuff from the character's solo titles too. It's a mistake, don't do it. I'm OK if there's not a deep dive into the Darkhold or whatever. Sam Wilson is just a jumped up wanker for unknown reasons to Black Panther. Trying to cram in a whole bunch of new baddies and maybe there's some mileage there, but they're not landing. Pick one, work with them. Otherwise it's like the Black Order, where it's a bunch of supposedly badass big bads show up, but there's no emotional heft to it until someone does a decent and funny mini-series with them two to three years down the road. This whole "One Avenger vs one bad guy, spread across the world". It's very 00s JLA. That can work, but you need the page count to make it work. Final cliffhanger was completely lacking in any sort of drama.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I'll just drop this here as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/s/cyp8kE40wJ

Basically, just looking for a good overview on Earth-1610 as a player handout for a trpg. I can make one myself, but, if it already exists, might as well use it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Covok posted:

I'll just drop this here as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/s/cyp8kE40wJ

Basically, just looking for a good overview on Earth-1610 as a player handout for a trpg. I can make one myself, but, if it already exists, might as well use it.

Probably the shortest most succinct version of that history you're going to to get is the Marvel Wiki for Earth 1610. That combines pretty much everything major without having to jump around to different entries.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

X-O posted:

Probably the shortest most succinct version of that history you're going to to get is the Marvel Wiki for Earth 1610. That combines pretty much everything major without having to jump around to different entries.

Huh, I didn't think the wikia would have a page like that. In hindsight, not sure why I thought that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Covok posted:

The Official Handbooks To The Ultimate Marvel Universe are on Marvel Unlimited, if your players have that. Granted it's not going to have anything after that point (I.E. Ultimatum, the Death of Spider-Man, the Maker, etc.) but hey it's a fun way to do it, imo.