Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
Back when I would occasionally listen to Armchair Expert I heard Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis pushing real hard for NFTs/bitcoin and thought it all sounded so dumb. I mean banks suck but anyone with half a brain could tell that only a few people would come out ontop with crypto and a lot more would lose money they can't afford to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

raggedphoto posted:

Back when I would occasionally listen to Armchair Expert I heard Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis pushing real hard for NFTs/bitcoin and thought it all sounded so dumb. I mean banks suck but anyone with half a brain could tell that only a few people would come out ontop with crypto and a lot more would lose money they can't afford to lose.

Interestingly the characters they played on That 70s Show were so good because they, too, are both really stupid in real life. So, art imitated life very convincingly.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Crypto is good for one thing: demonstrating, often with object lessons, why financial regulations exist.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

HE JUST WANTED A PEPSI!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/B9b0yoA.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

davidspackage posted:

Mom, dad, I need money to go to Apefest. I'll pay you back! 200% guaranteed interest.

Parents, crying: sure... whatever son, how long will you be gone?

Uncle, via speakerphone: conquering the worm

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

credburn posted:

Didn't Ben Franklin string a bunch of geese together or some awful thing

http://www.davidgorman.com/maxundmoritz.htm#Erster_Streich

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

their parents made many many mistakes

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Air Skwirl posted:

Investing in NFTs is so loving dumb I don't feel that bad about them losing money on that, but there should be a reasonable expectation that you can go to a concert and not get blinded

I would guess that the organizers would absolutely be liable for damages to anyone who got burned by the lights, the problem is that you have to extract it from them and that is a difficult and expensive process on its own.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

LifeSunDeath posted:

their parents made many many mistakes

Why doesn’t he sell his ape?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

jaegerx posted:

Why doesn’t he sell his ape?

They are currently worthless

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
But why did he have to take a loan to buy one?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

they were very briefly worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

No no, he took a loan to go to the Ape convention.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

raggedphoto posted:

The couple that sent a letter to the judge in Danny Masterson's rape trial talking about how good of a person he is, then immediately had to put out a statement that of course they Believe Women and would never do anything to try and make a horrible situation worse for a woman that was raped?

Golly, who would've thought they would shill crypto

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
This would've been before that but yeah.. On a similar note my dad was telling me how the TV show "The Ranch" was being canceled because one of the actors was a victim of the me too movement which caused me to die inside. Had to educate him on what a "victim" really is.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Photokeratitis is MAYBE a couple thousand dollars worth of treatment, and that's only if it turned into a corneal ulcer and needed an amniotic graft or something. Otherwise I'd guess it's just a few hundred dollars.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Photokeratitis is MAYBE a couple thousand dollars worth of treatment, and that's only if it turned into a corneal ulcer and needed an amniotic graft or something. Otherwise I'd guess it's just a few hundred dollars.

What about Ape-Owners makes you think any of them have a spare few hundred dollars?

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Maybe he went to an ER uninsured. Often a good way to be hounded by collection agents for the next several years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

raggedphoto posted:

This would've been before that but yeah.. On a similar note my dad was telling me how the TV show "The Ranch" was being canceled because one of the actors was a victim of the me too movement which caused me to die inside. Had to educate him on what a "victim" really is.

Also the show wasn't cancelled over that, Masterson got fired and they had a full season without him.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It's only called photokeratitis if it's caused by the sun, otherwise it's just sparkling eyeburn.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It's only called photokeratitis if it's caused by the sun, otherwise it's just sparkling eyeburn.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mynameismud posted:

Nobody is going blind at that apefest.

From BigClive:

The first thing I want to say is that if you were affected by this incident then you are NOT going to suffer permanent eye damage. The significant wavelength here (254nm) only affects the very surface of your eyes and skin. It's an unpleasant experience - but literally a daily job hazard for welders, so you're going to be absolutely OK. Your favourite painkiller will help with the discomfort.

Uhhhh I feel like that daily job hazard for welders is actually pretty significant

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ilmucche posted:

Uhhhh I feel like that daily job hazard for welders is actually pretty significant

Welding produces broad-spectrum UV. It’s worse than the nearly pure 253.7 nm from a low-pressure mercury lamp.

Big Clive is saying that even then, welders make full recoveries, so the apes will certainly be fine.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What makes you think the ape owners looked at the lights like a normal person

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

Air Skwirl posted:

Also the show wasn't cancelled over that, Masterson got fired and they had a full season without him.

Yeah well he has brain worms so…

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Schaden is that the spooky forum ended and I have no place to post my continued pumpkin carving

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

*Offer not valid in the US

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

freeedr posted:

Schaden is that the spooky forum ended and I have no place to post my continued pumpkin carving

We have both #blessed and cursed image threads to fill all your pumpkin carving outcome needs

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/RgpmazU.mp4

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Railing Kill posted:

Dang cat hits like a truck apparently. The cat is usually pretty chill and I had never seen him get mad or scared enough to smack the poo poo out of anything. It was a reminder of how much cats are lil' killing machines.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE posted:

"welcome to the gun show"

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

CainFortea posted:

*Offer not valid in the US

That is actually the US cost without insurance (if you go to a clinic and not the ER)! I have been doing billing for corneal ophthalmology for a decade. Mild keratitis is like two office visits and some fancy artificial tears. It shouldn't financially ruin you.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Incredible reveal.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I kind of feel compelled to post this message whenever US healthcare comes up, but: I'd like to validate the rage and dread you feel as a result of living in america. Your healthcare system is the worst in the world, and is a literal tool of Satan. Anyone telling you otherwise is a soulless ghoul. The rest of the planet looks on your bizarre vampiric system with mingled pity and dread. It doesn't have to be this way

Also that last video is fantastic

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Tree Bucket posted:

I kind of feel compelled to post this message whenever US healthcare comes up, but: I'd like to validate the rage and dread you feel as a result of living in america. Your healthcare system is the worst in the world, and is a literal tool of Satan. Anyone telling you otherwise is a soulless ghoul. The rest of the planet looks on your bizarre vampiric system with mingled pity and dread. It doesn't have to be this way

Also that last video is fantastic

Thanks for rubbing it in on the last day of open enrollment, you jerk!!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Thanks for rubbing it in on the last day of open enrollment, you jerk!!

I don't know what open enrolment is, but I'm going to guess it's an obtuse and expensive process overseen by capricious invisible bureaucrats whereby "things don't get worse, at least" is the best and also least likely outcome
e: also if you get it wrong, your doctor visits now cost $3,000

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Tree Bucket posted:

I don't know what open enrolment is, but I'm going to guess it's an obtuse and expensive process overseen by capricious invisible bureaucrats whereby "things don't get worse, at least" is the best and also least likely outcome
e: also if you get it wrong, your doctor visits now cost $3,000

In one.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Astoundingly accurate and concise.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Open Enrollment is the Scholastic book fair except instead of getting Garfield joke books, it's the whole system that's the joke.